Beodurr

May 20, 2022
Finally got around to playing the new update and I continue to hate the way the captain is approaching this Lym situation. This has got to be the first time I have played a game where I kinda hope a lead interest dumps the MC. waiting until the crew meeting to tell her that she is demoted and in front of the entire crew is a big time dick move. Not to mention how he treated her up to this point secretly replacing her as his confidant and second in command with Nyx, lying about the deal with mars, constantly distancing himself from her to "protect" her. probably doesn't help that I don't really like Nyx. Arrogant people annoy me.

Last edited:

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
Finally got around to playing the new update and I continue to hate the way the captain is approaching this Lym situation. This has got to be the first time I have played a game where I kinda hope a lead interest dumps the MC. waiting until the crew meeting to tell her that she is demoted and in front of the entire crew is a big time dick move. Not to mention how he treated her up to this point secretly replacing her as his confidant and second in command with Nyx, lying about the deal with mars, constantly distancing himself from her to "protect" her. probably doesn't help that I don't really like Nyx. Arrogant people annoy me.
Agreed 100%

I kept looking for a variable thinking I'd accidently gone down a route that I didn't mean to but no...this looks to be THE route and it's already sapping my interest in continuing.

Feb 21, 2023
To each their own.
I personally like this actual fracture between them and I like that not everything is going perfect and mistakes are being made that might have long-term consequences. At least in the AVNs I played the amount of conflicts like this is quite rare and a potential reconciliation will actually take a while and would be way more interesting than the usual 5 minute cup-noodles conflicts we so often get. I am hoping there will be some actual weight behind all this.
However I can totally understand if someone doesn't like the attitude of some characters during this, like that was an actual betrayal and devastating for Lym; then again that is how drama goes. Someone can be an asshole sometimes. It's just part of the story.

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
To each their own.
I personally like this actual fracture between them and I like that not everything is going perfect and mistakes are being made that might have long-term consequences. At least in the AVNs I played the amount of conflicts like this is quite rare and a potential reconciliation will actually take a while and would be way more interesting than the usual 5 minute cup-noodles conflicts we so often get. I am hoping there will be some actual weight behind all this.
However I can totally understand if someone doesn't like the attitude of some characters during this, like that was an actual betrayal and devastating for Lym; then again that is how drama goes. Someone can be an asshole sometimes. It's just part of the story.
I think it's mainly the fact that as the actual MC, you have absolutely ZERO agency over what happens and Lym basically gets thrown under the bus.
The fact that it's unavoidable behaviour from the character we're supposed to be playing is likely what's irking a lot of people and I'm in the same boat there, I have nothing against conflicts but when it's entirely onesided from the MC's side and you have no actual say in what happens, it's tiring.

Feb 21, 2023
The fact that it's unavoidable behaviour from the character we're supposed to be playing is likely what's irking a lot of people
I think you summed that up pretty well.
I just differentiate between games where I self-insert and those that I follow as a story, but I suppose if your general preference would be to view these scenes from the MC's eyes then yeah, might be rough to find any enjoyment in that. Maybe he, or rather we will get our asses handed to ourselves at some point for the things in these scenes, don't know what cryoxxx is cooking with this. Until then this conflict will likely be painful times for the self-inserters :HideThePain:

Reactions: Ciaran8023

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Maybe he, or rather we will get our asses handed to ourselves at some point for the things in these scenes, don't know what cryoxxx is cooking with this. Until then this conflict will likely be painful times for the self-inserters :HideThePain:
I've talked about the Lym issue almost every update I play, but this is kind of where I'm at with it. At this point sure I get the drama/conflict even though I'm personally not a fan of it, but what I'm really hoping for is for Lym to essentially stick up for herself. I will not be happy if down the line she just forgives MC after another weak apology. She deserves better.

I haven't played the new stuff to be fair, but it sounds like I'd be pissed seeing her getting shafted (in the bad way) once again. I'm curious what her reaction to the demotion was but I'm letting updates build a bit before playing myself.

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
I've talked about the Lym issue almost every update I play, but this is kind of where I'm at with it. At this point sure I get the drama/conflict even though I'm personally not a fan of it, but what I'm really hoping for is for Lym to essentially stick up for herself. I will not be happy if down the line she just forgives MC after another weak apology. She deserves better.

I haven't played the new stuff to be fair, but it sounds like I'd be pissed seeing her getting shafted (in the bad way) once again. I'm curious what her reaction to the demotion was but I'm letting updates build a bit before playing myself.
This is exactly it. Drama is fine it makes a story interesting. its the fact that the captain keeps making the same mistake over and over again and gets away with it. I've gotten to the point that I hope he faces some consequences for his constantly shit behavior.

I also don't agree with Nyx replacing Lym as the second in command. The captains reasoning is that she has more experience. Experience in what exactly? crestology? I don't see how that translates to knowledge about what a Human star ship needs to continue running. and the only scheme she participated in was the whole admiral mars plot which ended with a bullet in the captains stomach so yeah not exactly a great record there. I would like a little more choice on stuff like this because I never would have chosen Nyx for that position its starting to feel like I'm playing a kinetic novel.

Honestly I completely understand why Lym thinks Nyx is manipulating the captain because every decision he has made regarding the two of them has been utterly braindead.

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
If you guys just want Lym to be fine with the crew going rogue because the power of Cap's magic dick, that would be a complete assassination of her whole character (blind loyalty to the USF and following in her sister's footsteps), you aren't going to get that. Even having on the ship at this time is a terrible idea, yet you guys would like her to stay in as 2nd in command.

Sure. It sucks that Lym is being a pain and that her relationship with the crew (and Cap) are strained and we have to wait months before its resolved, but I aim to give you all something that's interesting, believable, and fulfilling.

Boda15

Formerly 'john5671'
Jan 11, 2018
To be honest, the whole thing with Lym makes some sense, especially when we consider that the MC isn't experienced, despite his academy training.

My only issue was really him announcing Nyx as 2nd in command without telling her, in front of everyone. Even if Nyx is best for the role (and she is, IMO, considering her age, experience and personality), the way it was done was a really dick move. Everything else I feel can be explained by him being kinda afraid to include Lym on what's going on due to how he knows she'd react.

But that doesn't apply for this decision, since I can't see any situation where not talking to her beforehand is better. I hate when bosses/managers make these kind of stuff in public and it's no different here.

Still, looking forward to see how it pans out, but I have a hard time imagining an organic (ie, a believable one for her character) solution to the situation after how poorly Lym was mistreated by her best friend. That kind of betrayal stings and stays with a person for a long time.

Beodurr

May 20, 2022
If you guys just want Lym to be fine with the crew going rogue because the power of Cap's magic dick, that would be a complete assassination of her whole character (blind loyalty to the USF and following in her sister's footsteps), you aren't going to get that. Even having on the ship at this time is a terrible idea, yet you guys would like her to stay in as 2nd in command.

Sure. It sucks that Lym is being a pain and that her relationship with the crew (and Cap) are strained and we have to wait months before its resolved, but I aim to give you all something that's interesting, believable, and fulfilling.
now that makes more sense as a reason. cap doesn't trust Lym anymore which is reasonable given her loyalty to the USF..... so he should say that instead of gaslighting Lym here and saying its because Nyx has more experience. again my problem isn't with the drama, it makes a story more interesting. And its not with Lym. Like I said her reaction to this situation makes sense from her perspective. She has been given no reason at all to trust the captain or Nyx. its that the captain keeps acting like an ass and is doing everything possible to make an already strained situation even more strained. And he keeps doing it.

for example a couple updates ago when the whole situation with mars exploded the cap said something along the lines that he shouldn't have kept Lym in the dark as much as he did. but then this update he does it again by springing a demotion on her with no time to prepare and humiliates her in front of all her peers. then he thinks to himself "she feels like this a betrayal" well she feels that way because it IS a betrayal. My problem is that the cap never learns he keeps doing the same shit. I don't want Lym to suddenly be okay because magic dick. I want the captain to stop being a total dickhead. he wasn't like this in the early game its like all his emotional intuition disappeared.

also please understand this is a nitpick on a game I really like. I wouldn't support this game if I didn't really enjoy it. Just sharing one of my very few issues with the game

Last edited:

cryoxxx

Game Developer
Jul 6, 2017
now that makes more sense as a reason. cap doesn't trust Lym anymore which is reasonable given her loyalty to the USF..... so he should say that instead of gaslighting Lym here and saying its because Nyx has more experience. again my problem isn't with the drama, it makes a story more interesting. And its not with Lym. Like I said her reaction to this situation makes sense from her perspective. She has been given no reason at all to trust the captain or Nyx. its that the captain keeps acting like an ass and is doing everything possible to make an already strained situation even more strained. And he keeps doing it.

for example a couple updates ago when the whole situation with mars exploded the cap said something along the lines that he shouldn't have kept Lym in the dark as much as he did. but then this update he does it again by springing a demotion on her with no time to prepare and humiliates her in front of all her peers. then he thinks to himself "she feels like this a betrayal" well she feels that way because it IS a betrayal. My problem is that the cap never learns he keeps doing the same shit. I don't want Lym to suddenly be okay because magic dick. I want the captain to stop being a total dickhead. he wasn't like this in the early game its like all his emotional intuition disappeared.

also please understand this is a nitpick on a game I really like. I wouldn't support this game if I didn't really enjoy it. Just sharing one of my very few issues with the game
Sure. I see that as one of Cap's character flaws especially when concerning Lym. Something that they are going to have to work through. It is a reoccurring theme with their relations that Lym has mentioned/called him out on more than once. Nyx has too.

I look forward to the eventual resolution and I can assure you that it will all be addressed.

IceboundArt

Sep 24, 2019
I feel like a lot of the issues when it comes to people's feelings about how Cap is treating Lym come from lack of information given to the player. Cap starts distancing himself from and distrusting Lym before the player is given any context for it. Even after Cap and Nyx have their discussion about why the MC is treating Lym the way he is, it takes a decent amount of time for those feelings to be justified to the player.

It makes complete sense for someone who was basically raised by the USF like Lym to be a blind loyalist, and it makes sense for Cap to know Lym has that blind loyalty, because they've known each other since childhood. The player hasn't though, and it just feels like you get suckerpunched by it a bit. It all makes sense, but after the fact. Like, you missed a scene or two

I feel like adding some extra dialogue or an extra scene that more directly hints at her loyalty to the USF earlier in the game would solve some of the problems people have. Don't get heavy-handed with it, but maybe after Momiji goes rogue there's extra dialogue or an added scene where Lym is more upfront in her denial and distrust in her sister. Just something that plants more seeds for the player.

I don't really agree with most of the complaints I've seen about Lym. I feel both her character and actions make sense for her character arch. That said, though I do feel she came off...honestly kinda cold when she had basically a non-reaction to seeing Cap had been shot. Even taking into account how confused and justifiably angry she is at him, you'd think she'd show at least a panicked reaction until she realizes he'll live and then go back to giving him the cold shoulder. Don't know if that was intended or not.

Will say though that despite my issues with it metioned above the game is great and has one of the best casts of characters in wegs imo. Hope we're not even close to the ending because i want to spend as much time with the characters and universe as i can.

Ass prefer

Sep 30, 2022
personally, I was disappointed in the game and lost interest in it :)
the last update was small and inconsequential. It seems to me that the author is not growing

ZaIgo

Aug 7, 2017
I was kinda expecting an option to have Lym get dumped on the station with how much her loyalty to usf could be a future problem.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I personally love that the mc ain't the typical Captain America type nice guy. Captain Kirk, Indiana Jones, Han, and countless others (All assholes ) are way more entertaining. I don't want to play a guy that plays it safe, correct and nice.

Besides I want to dom Lym. She needs to learn to submit. I enjoy the kinks and the story a lot.

Thanks for the vn.

Reactions: IceboundArt

IceboundArt

Sep 24, 2019
I personally love that the mc ain't the typical Captain America type nice guy. Captain Kirk, Indiana Jones, Han, and countless others (All assholes ) are way more entertaining. I don't want to play a guy that plays it safe, correct and nice.

Besides I want to dom Lym. She needs to learn to submit. I enjoy the kinks and the story a lot.

Thanks for the vn.
It's one of this games biggest strengths and refreshing to see. Especially for a HS game where the majority of MCs are dumb stuttering messes who act like they've never interacted with another person before. Even more annoying when the character is suppose to be in their fucking 20s. Really glad this game decided to go the route it did with the MC

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017

Way to completely misrepresent the criticisms of the way the story is going.

4.40 star(s) 140 Votes