• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ordinary Journey [v0.3] [Ordinary Games]

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes

Sawdogg06

Mar 5, 2019
I am glad the dev put that unavoidable alley BJ scene with the "landlady" so quick in the story as I was attempting my first playthrough. This allowed me to close the game, delete and move on. Good luck with your game, I am sure there will be plenty of people who will enjoy it, just not for me.

Mikuby

Aug 24, 2019
Yes, i said that, and that was the plan before i have any sort of story.
And after reading that you still don't know why some people may feel like you lied? Since your words where that your idea was to make it avoidable, but you "couldn't" because of your pc, and then you proceded to say that it happens because it's "core" of your story and that people are the ones that want to change your game?

IF it was core you wouldn't have thougt of making it avoidable to start with and then seeing as it would be more work deciding to cut it. You should just call your game what it is, you should have done from the first release, not saying things like that, because people would read your words, play the game and see that it is a NTR focus game. Which is fine if that's your kink, but then you saying that later on there would be avoidable NTR while still having unavoidable NTR, really means nothing.

If you want a NTR game, do it, but making the NTR avoidable but later in the game doesn't work. If you don't like the kink you won't be playing it and if you love the kink you will choose the path with that kink, so it's pointless to have more than one path.

Yoshisk

May 2, 2017
And after reading that you still don't know why some people may feel like you lied? Since your words where that your idea was to make it avoidable, but you "couldn't" because of your pc, and then you proceded to say that it happens because it's "core" of your story and that people are the ones that want to change your game?

IF it was core you wouldn't have thougt of making it avoidable to start with and then seeing as it would be more work deciding to cut it. You should just call your game what it is, you should have done from the first release, not saying things like that, because people would read your words, play the game and see that it is a NTR focus game. Which is fine if that's your kink, but then you saying that later on there would be avoidable NTR while still having unavoidable NTR, really means nothing.

If you want a NTR game, do it, but making the NTR avoidable but later in the game doesn't work. If you don't like the kink you won't be playing it and if you love the kink you will choose the path with that kink, so it's pointless to have more than one path.
I also considered to make a game with fantasy/medieval gender, here is one of the renders. Maybe you never writed anything to undenstand that some things change during the process.

Mikuby

Aug 24, 2019
I also considered to make a game with fantasy/medieval gender, here is one of the renders. Baybe you never writed anything to undenstand that some things change during the process.
You could write what you want, but if in the moment you post this game you had your story planned and NTR was "core" in it, then don't come and say that you original plan was to make it avoidable but you couldn't because of your render machine that causes confusion, instead you should have said from the very begining that it was NTR and leave it at that, not put "NTR ?" in the genre, again it confused people, it isn't that hard to understand. If I want to eat and orange, I pick said orange and eat it, I don't come and say that I wanted a banana at the begining, it just make people confused.

Also if you could answer to some more of the points I made instead of just the first thing that you see it would be awesome, since I expend my time trying to explain/say some things of your game, it would be nice of you to answer to all of them.

Yoshisk

May 2, 2017
You could write what you want, but if in the moment you post this game you had your story planned and NTR was "core" in it, then don't come and say that you original plan was to make it avoidable but you couldn't because of your render machine that causes confusion, instead you should have said from the very begining that it was NTR and leave it at that, not put "NTR ?" in the genre, again it confused people, it isn't that hard to understand. If I want to eat and orange, I pick said orange and eat it, I don't come and say that I wanted a banana at the begining, it just make people confused.

Also if you could answer to some more of the points I made instead of just the first thing that you see it would be awesome, since I expend my time trying to explain/say some things of your game, it would be nice of you to answer to all of them.
I never puted "?" on the gender, look on the patreon first release. Or in the thread request: https://f95zone.to/threads/ordinary-journey.52259/

I'm not ansewering the rest because you are just repeating things i have already answered.

Mikuby

Aug 24, 2019
I never puted "?" on the gender, look on the patreon first release. Or in the thread request: https://f95zone.to/threads/ordinary-journey.52259/

I'm not ansewering the rest because you are just repeating things i have already answered.
Seeing that thread request and patreon post, you didn't put any genre at all and since it was a mod that made the thread I thought he/she would have asked you and then put the "?", but if not then ok.

Now, you have very few post and most of the things I said aren't answered by you, so let's see:

Not answered.

To why you create more than one path, well to love the feeling of losing something, you have to have a chance to actually get that something, if you can't get it (Andrea) before others (Jamal) you can't feel that "lost something feeling".

Besides what you don't want to understand is, that making something avoidable but later on in the game, would limite your player base. Not a single person would want to play the game if they don't like NTR/Voyeur/Sharing, because you made the NTR with Andrea unavoidable. So the only people that would be playing your game later on, would be the NTR lovers so they would choose the NTR path, making your other paths useless. For different paths to work, all the scenes should be avoidable until you choose the path, if you make the NTR unavoidable but says that later on it would be avoidable, it doesn't work, no one that don't like NTR would want "sloppy seconds" so unless you are making those paths just for you, I doubt many would actually play them, since your audience by that point would be NTR lovers, they would choose the NTR path, it isn't that hard to understand.
Also not answered. There are other post made from some other members of the site that you didn't answer as well. It's fine if you don't want to answer but don't try to come as that you did, and that people here are the bad guys while you did nothing wrong because that isn't really the case.

People said things about your game that weren't logical and things that don't make sense, and your reaction instead of seeing if there are some kind of truth in that or something that could improve your game, your reaction was to say that people are trying to change your game because they don't like the genre, then you said things about your original plans about the game and said NTR wasn't avoidable because of your pc, people answer to that and you go and got mad because some people said that you lied, which is in a part true, since if your original plan was to make NTR avoidable, it can't be a core plot point, you just didn't do it because it means more work, nothing more.

You could just go clean and answer or try to ignore and blame all in others like you are doing already.

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
Mission Report:

There were bimbos. Many bimbos.

There was a story. Very little of it, but was there, hiding under the nipples.

Did I mention there were bimbos?

• Haha
Reactions: Hadgar

Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
Some advice for the Dev. Hello Mr Dev!

At the moment your VN is as someone said a collection of renders. It needs a bit of smoothing out. It jumps around from one scene to another a bit too quickly, need some more transitions. You need to slow down the pace a bit, one minute he is kissing her on the cheek and a second later she has a mouthfull of his cum

Or you can just ignore what I am saying and batter into it mate

As fo rthe NTR haters, fuck em. If you want that in your game, then keep it there. Folks have a choice, download and play, or dont. There are plenty of NTR free games out there.

Good luck to you!

Anon4990

Nov 12, 2016
English isnt my first language as well so I kind of empathize with the dev's struggle in explaining his desires and motivations, so my two cents is that this whole NTR discussion is but a big miscommunication problem.

I believe what he probably meant is that despite never having been "yours" in the first place, the blonde chick can ultimately up the game by ending up being shared among others, thereby making the MC suffer even more as result.
You see, this doesn't seem to be an "Avoidable NTR vs Unavoidable NTR" game but rather a "Soft NTR vs Hard NTR" in the choose-your-path mentality the dev wanted to pursue

I'd like to suggest we add up big "Unavoidable" prefixes in bold and red to the NTR tags in the tagging system whenever applicable in order to avoid pointless clusterfucks.

That all said, not my cup of tea by any means so I'll take my leave, but I still wish you all the best with your game Yoshisk.

• Love
Reactions: chicken head

Ariete69

Dec 6, 2018
Very nice game, fantastic art, let's see how the story goes.
And I like NTR avoidable...
Great work!

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
Well the renders are really good, but there is no story or plot AT ALL, it's just series of scenes and dialogs without any real meaning, the bodies are kinda extreme (super muscular, super boobs, super dicks...etc).

Mikuby

Aug 24, 2019
I believe what he probably meant is that despite never having been "yours" in the first place, the blonde chick can ultimately up the game by ending up being shared among others, thereby making the MC suffer even more as result.
You see, this doesn't seem to be an "Avoidable NTR vs Unavoidable NTR" game but rather a "Soft NTR vs Hard NTR" in the choose-your-path mentality the dev wanted to pursue
Yoshisk.
No no no, that's not what he meant, he said when posting the update in patreon, that the NTR with Andrea will be unavoidable at the begining but later on you could choose to share her or not and that the unavoidable NTR was at the start because it is a "core" point of his game.

But he also said when posting this game the first time, that the original idea was to make all the NTR avoidable, but because he didn't have a powerful enought pc, he would have to make more work thus making the updates shorter.

English isn't my first language also, but that doesn't mean I can't express myself, he could find help to express himself right. The problem is that he says one thing, then do other, then people complaint, he gets mad and blame the problems in people not liking one kink. Then he try to fix it in the second update, saying there have been missunderstanding and that the NTR would be avoidable, but in the next line he said that it won't be full avoidable, because it's a core point, thus making people confused.

Then people said that making more than one path, with NTR and not NTR is pointless if you make the NTR unavoidable at the begining, and he blames again his "future" player base, instead of seeing if something that was said could help him and his game. Again not a problem of the language.

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes