4.00 star(s) 14 Votes

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I did everything as advised but did not help
Well shit, you are right!!

Otome.png

EDIT: oooops, my bad, sorry. I did the extraction correctly, as was explained above, and it works now! Yaaay! :)

Otome2.png

----------
Do you even...have WinRAR?? lol

Listen: when extracting a .zip, and there are files with Japanese characters in their names among the compressed files, the extraction will eff up (meaning you will get files with jumbled/garbled/mojibake text in their names instead of the actual Japanese name, which SPOILER ALERT the game can't load when looking for the Japanese-named files (shocking, right?!)) and you will get errors in the game, UNLESS
A) you do what changeling advised just above your first post
B) use sjisunzip (google it...)
C) extract the .zip file in Japanese locale (google it)
Ca) or otherwise use an extraction software run under emulated Japanese locale (such as 7-zip run with 'NTLEAS' in Jap locale) for the extraction of the archive (goooooooogle)

So yeah...
Good luck.

Reactions: Farhan2077

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
it said file SE not found what I do?
Whatever you do, DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT under any circumstances read the posts above yours, which contain the answer you are searching for.
Trust me, you DO NOT want to scroll up on this page. Think of your finger. It's too tiresome.

• Haha
Reactions: Deathwings

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
For some reason, locale emulator doesn't resize the font for me.
Well it should, and it does.

1575236672111.png <--> 1575236729596.png
Maybe you are not starting it correctly? Anyhow, something basic must be the problem.
You can also try switching the actual locale to Japanese and see if that fixes the font. Though theoretically, the end result should be the same...

Netorare

Jun 19, 2017
I'm always on Japanese locale and still got the font problem as well, this is probably the only game that's having problem.

So I think changing to Japanese locale isn't the solution for everybody.

1575313667965.png

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I'm always on Japanese locale and still got the font problem as well, this is probably the only game that's having problem.

So I think changing to Japanese locale isn't the solution for everybody.

View attachment 476808
Huhh. That's interesting. Could you try running it with Locale Emulator nonetheless, just for giggles? Maybe somehow your Japanese locale default font is not up to the task, but LE chooses a correct one when emulating?

Also, have you tried intalling the font VLGothic from the game's 'Fonts' directory?

jagathmut

Nov 15, 2019
Well shit, you are right!!

View attachment 430478

EDIT: oooops, my bad, sorry. I did the extraction correctly, as was explained above, and it works now! Yaaay! :)

View attachment 430480

----------
Do you even...have WinRAR?? lol

Listen: when extracting a .zip, and there are files with Japanese characters in their names among the compressed files, the extraction will eff up (meaning you will get files with jumbled/garbled/mojibake text in their names instead of the actual Japanese name, which SPOILER ALERT the game can't load when looking for the Japanese-named files (shocking, right?!)) and you will get errors in the game, UNLESS
A) you do what changeling advised just above your first post
B) use sjisunzip (google it...)
C) extract the .zip file in Japanese locale (google it)
Ca) or otherwise use an extraction software run under emulated Japanese locale (such as 7-zip run with 'NTLEAS' in Jap locale) for the extraction of the archive (goooooooogle)

So yeah...
Good luck.
Do you know what to do when only the audio folder gets unzipped and everything else gets ignored.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Do you know what to do when only the audio folder gets unzipped and everything else gets ignored.
I have no idea what you could be doing wrong, but I guess this may have something to do with the fact that for some reason (only) the 'Audio' folder in the .zip has the 'Hidden' attribute. Though if anything, this should just make the opposite of what you described maybe-sorta-possibly happen... lol

At any rate, if you have the latest WinRAR installed (and abide by the quoted advices), or anything really (though having the latest probably is a good idea in this regard) you should be able to extract correctly.
Are you sure the DL actually finished?
When you open the .zip file can you see the other directories and files? (though, I guess if the DL didn't complete you shouldn't be able to open the archive, or at least open it without getting an error)

jagathmut

Nov 15, 2019
I have no idea what you could be doing wrong, but I guess this may have something to do with the fact that for some reason (only) the 'Audio' folder in the .zip has the 'Hidden' attribute. Though if anything, this should just make the opposite of what you described maybe-sorta-possibly happen... lol

At any rate, if you have the latest WinRAR installed (and abide by the quoted advices), or anything really (though having the latest probably is a good idea in this regard) you should be able to extract correctly.
Are you sure the DL actually finished?
When you open the .zip file can you see the other directories and files? (though, I guess if the DL didn't complete you shouldn't be able to open the archive, or at least open it without getting an error)
yea, I can see all of the files and game.exe in there

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Dunno what to tell you buddy. Either your download failed/corrupted whatever, or you very much suck at unpacking... xD
Seriously, try to download it again (I just got it from nopy in only a few minutes; nopy rocks; unzipped just fine, game works), make sure you have an up-to-date WinRAR installed, and go at it.

4.00 star(s) 14 Votes