Unity Our Apartment [v0.5.2.d] [Momoiro Software]

3.90 star(s) 12 Votes

yeetyeetlmao

Sep 9, 2018
Dev isn't making enough money to prioritize it as a second time job. I can understand why it's slow going. Just amazes me to see how few backers he has compared to 7 months update cycle nekoparadise type stuff.
They make 3k and its more or less a one person project. Its not enough to do it full time if you live in new york (why ever you would live there anyways) but its enough to allocate more ressources to it then currently are on it and with them jacking up prices for access to the "full" game on patreon (or at least the most thats out rn) they shouldnt be suprised if support drops rapidly. Im not gonna pay 10€ for a game that gets an update one a blue moon and hasnt seen any real progress since almost 2 years.

sacb0y

Hentai Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
To settle a few questions before people speculate further:
  • I do this full time, daily, and yes it's mostly solo dev. Often luls in development are cause I focus on one aspect another falls to the wayside. For example I can't implement animations in the same month I work on making new animations. I have to pick one, try to do both and nothing gets done.
  • I frequently hire people to do things but that has it's own complexities. Until I can afford to hire someone full time and demand someones time with proper employment the complexities will persist.
    • It's very difficult to assign people work and guarantee a result in a set period of time as things are. These people are hired on the internet and have lives I know nothing about.
    • Some of this is a me problem, sometimes it's other stuff. Often if I don't keep in CONSTANT contact with people their productivity falls off. And that's very difficult to maintain when I have so much I need to do myself and my own life stuff.
    • I've tried many strategies to help with keeping peoples attention, additional more clear guidence (story boards, outlines, etc), even offering bonuses or higher rates. This can only work for a while if at all.
    • The core of the problem is I'm not someones sole source of income. And unless someone is particularly passionate about my project I can't expect more dedicated behavior and generally don't expect it.
    • At some point I will fix this, but not yet. It's not an easy solution for a variety of reasons.
  • On a related note the delay for the most recent update is due to long-term complexities dealing with writing. I tried to off load the task entirely, and it almost worked, but when I decided to focus on it some major issues showed. I describe these issues in my update posts.
  • If you want to see updates consider joining the discord, there's a dev feed for repo pushes (but it won't show when I'm working on writing or art stuff).
  • Releases are slow, development is very active.
...with them jacking up prices for access to the "full" game on patreon (or at least the most thats out rn) they shouldnt be suprised if support drops rapidly. Im not gonna pay 10€ for a game that gets an update one a blue moon and hasnt seen any real progress since almost 2 years.
I have not increased the prices for access on sites like patreon and subscribe star, only the one time purchase on itch.io. In fact I , you'll note the vast majority of build releases have been for as low as $1. The only thing I restrict is certain previews and builds that really shouldn't be played broadly marked [Broken] or [Experimental]. Honestly my main concern and the reason I lock builds behind higher payment is to avoid leaks of low quality builds. I hate that more than anything.

The increase on itch is cause people only pay once there and they get all updates, new content was added and will be added at that price level. And people who pay the increased price won't have to pay again when it's increased further. Next increase is probably sometime after the next major update reaches stability. But the patreon and such will remain the same functionally until the world is a little less fucked.

Last edited:

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
To settle a few questions before people speculate further:
  • I do this full time, daily, and yes it's mostly solo dev. Often luls in development are cause I focus on one aspect another falls to the wayside. For example I can't implement animations in the same month I work on making new animations. I have to pick one, try to do both and nothing gets done.
  • I frequently hire people to do things but that has it's own complexities. Until I can afford to hire someone full time and demand someones time with proper employment the complexities will persist.
    • It's very difficult to assign people work and guarantee a result in a set period of time as things are. These people are hired on the internet and have lives I know nothing about.
    • Some of this is a me problem, sometimes it's other stuff. Often if I don't keep in CONSTANT contact with people their productivity falls off. And that's very difficult to maintain when I have so much I need to do myself and my own life stuff.
    • I've tried many strategies to help with keeping peoples attention, additional more clear guidence (story boards, outlines, etc), even offering bonuses or higher rates. This can only work for a while if at all.
    • The core of the problem is I'm not someones sole source of income. And unless someone is particularly passionate about my project I can't expect more dedicated behavior and generally don't expect it.
    • At some point I will fix this, but not yet. It's not an easy solution for a variety of reasons.
  • On a related note the delay for the most recent update is due to long-term complexities dealing with writing. I tried to off load the task entirely, and it almost worked, but when I decided to focus on it some major issues showed. I describe these issues in my update posts.
  • If you want to see updates consider joining the discord, there's a dev feed for repo pushes (but it won't show when I'm working on writing or art stuff).
  • Releases are slow, development is very active.

I have not increased the prices for access on sites like patreon and subscribe star, only the one time purchase on itch.io. In fact I , you'll note the vast majority of build releases have been for as low as $1. The only thing I restrict is certain previews and builds that really shouldn't be played broadly marked [Broken] or [Experimental]. Honestly my main concern and the reason I lock builds behind higher payment is to avoid leaks of low quality builds. I hate that more than anything.

The increase on itch is cause people only pay once there and they get all updates, new content was added and will be added at that price level. And people who pay the increased price won't have to pay again when it's increased further. Next increase is probably sometime after the next major update reaches stability. But the patreon and such will remain the same functionally until the world is a little less fucked.
Perfectly reasonable. Thank you.

Reactions: splamo and D0v4hk1n

Ritsujin

May 30, 2018
The biggest issue I have with this is, when I go to next lines of text it just

skips to the next timezone, like??????????????????
I was reading that, bruh.
Text itself doesn't know, if it wants to automatically go itself so at times you just sit there awkwardly waiting for who knows what, ha.
Also, game's kinda choppy at times, no idea why, the settings are fine.

Anon_XXX

Apr 21, 2021
Seems like its not happening...

anyone got the link to the bugged version tho

Reactions: splamo

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
Yes, this time I gotta give it a try, since the last versions I've tried to play were not that "playable" for me...

Staystrong

Oct 17, 2021
Heres the experimental update, i haven't tried yet but i will now. Enjoy
Dropbox:

Mega:

Found these on the games patreon:

Cheers and happy spanking boys.

Tsopanis

Nov 30, 2020
This was very... disappointing.

In essence, the experimental update has added the "shopping" functionality, where we can buy clothes/accessories for Naomi via our in-game computer. That means that when you start playing, the wardrobe is essentially empty, so you'll have to shop for the items that you want. The lack of a store-preview makes this tedious, since you'll have to buy everything on the catalogue not just once, but every time you play the game. Why? Because there's no save function!

So... you can tweak naomi's outfit like in the previous versions (after you buy everything), you can even change your own appearance somewhat (first time this worked for me - extremely limited choices), but none of that gets saved. It will get old pretty fast having to rebuy it all every time.

The name we choose for our character doesn't register either. The game refers to us as "False".

Sound has been broken again. Please make sure to start the game with the sound extremely low for you own sake, otherwise even the neighbors will know what you are doing :)

Lust percentages have also been broken again. Our own meter fills extremely fast (about a minute), while Naomi's doesn't fill at all. You can even see it register negative hits, like -1% or-2%. She only moans during grinding, but on penetration it's like she pressed the mute button and you are fucking a cabinet.

Plus, even if you ignore her pleasure and say fuck all, I'll just enjoy myself, the game locks you from cumming inside. You can only do so outside. I guess this is tied to the (New? Hadn't noticed them before.) character cards, and you'd have to proceed with your relationship before you can creampie her like in the past.

There's more dialogue this time around, both in bed and on the various interactions with Naomi. Click on the bottom left chat bubble during sex and you can talk to her during the action. This could add some spice in the future if the dev works on it a bit.

Now, on to the lewdness. There's nothing new... Blowjobs didn't make their return as was advertised in the past. No gropes, no holds, no new positions, nothing. It's all the same standard positions that we remember and love from the previous version, but more limited, since lust is broken again and we can't even cum inside this time around.

I'll wait to play the updated, fixed version when it becomes available, before I decide if I'll throw money on this or not. So far, what I've seen is a step backwards. Sure, they might have done considerable work under the hood in all this time. I wouldn't be able to know that. I only know what ends up in my hands, and this gameplay experience is worse now than before.

I'm really cheering for this game, so I hope they manage to fix all these issues and get us a proper release. It doesn't have to be perfect, but it has to be playable. Cheers.

Staystrong

Oct 17, 2021
100% agree, the changes I saw were minimal. A shop where you can buy all the stuff that was available in previous releases *big whoop* and 0 added to the actual story line (At least that is accessable). And yet again only the same 3 positions that have been there for over 2 years now. (I don't know the exact amount but the first time i played there were more things in the game at that point. There was a dildo scene i remember and everything is 10x more buggy than a year ago.
Idk where the author is putting that 3.5k a month at but its not development. I kinda feel like they are doing what most people do these days with high subs to their patreon and subscribe star, milk it with minimal interaction with the fanbase. Its fucking depressing. And almost theivery. Idk, either they need to handle fan/subscriber contect and interaction better, or maybe at least adhere to the Timeline/Deadline given. If this were an actual contracted game they would of been dropped forever ago. I am officially bowing out of checking for updates on this peice of shit because its actually got less functionality and less content than ever. There needs to be a place where fans can get together and mass strike someone on subscriber platforms and get content pulled. Because the rampancy of how many authors do this is getting out of hand to the point that people start VN's and games of this nature just to build another fanbase then milk them for months. The list is staggering now.
Say and think what you want, but at the end of the day, at least tell the people who fund you whats going on, not make a deadline promise, only to push it back with a post 2 weeks after the fact, followed by another delay for "1 week" which was 2 weeks with a update that is literally less size and content than previous releases. And have them sit back and just laugh, this game was good.
It is thoroughly not anymore.
Cheers.

sacb0y

Hentai Game Artist
Game Developer
Nov 3, 2017
This was very... disappointing.
This is why I prefer builds like this don't get leaked early (Especially using the actual Dropbox and MEGA links so my bandwidth get used up for people who actually support), I'm well aware of most of this, and the goal of this build isn't a quality playing experience. Additionally, some confusion occurs cause there's no tutorials or anything so people who don't read every update post might not understand.

I label releases for good reason, expectations. [Experimental] is for testing features not quality or content.

I would rather people not support, than play something and not understand what they're getting.

A few notes here:
  • Saving is functional, it's just only possible in the evening (during activity selection e.g Have Sex is displayed. This limit is to avoid data confusion), sorry this isn't clear at the moment due to a UI bug from an asset I'm waiting to get fixed. Right now it's hard to tell when a button is enabled or disabled.
  • You can also save outfits, top category.
  • Cumming inside isn't disabled this might be an odd bug but I haven't seen it before. For now simply let the meter run to max and cumming inside will work.
  • Naomis meter is slower by design, if you want an early boost the "good girl" dialogue choice MAY work. Look for an icon above Naomis meter after selecting it. Some mechanics are still missing to make raising her meter easier.
I kinda feel like they are doing what most people do these days with high subs to their patreon and subscribe star, milk it with minimal interaction with the fanbase.
Consider joining the discord, I interact all the time. I'm also here when it's relevant.

Say and think what you want, but at the end of the day, at least tell the people who fund you whats going on, not make a deadline promise, only to push it back with a post 2 weeks after the fact, followed by another delay for "1 week" which was 2 weeks with a update that is literally less size and content than previous releases.
I like to think I'm fairly steady on updates, it's not always easy to know exactly if an issue will occur or when it can be fixed. As soon as I was certain it would be a few more days I made an additional post. On the discord you can see until release work and fixes were being made daily. I have a "Dev Feed" that shows every comit to the repo. It's basically a live development feed only excludes art and writing work cause I haven't found a solution for that yet.

Tech demos are much easier than real games, people compare the preview to the current game a lot. But the preview was supposed to be all that it was, there was no future for that version of the game, no long term consequences to deal with. Hence the polish. It's an elevator pitch to the long term project. And making the game something that has "gameplay" and "Progression" not just a scene viewer requires a lot more than just new animations.

The only thing present from the preview version of the game at this point is the animations, that's it. Think of this game as the opposite of what you may also commonly see, animations, art, but no actual game to play. This is largely one person, and right now I'm front loading the foundations of a lot of simulation, progression, and cinematic mechanics. If I cared more about money, it would be much easier to just focus on animations and art. But that's not good for the long term of the project.

Compared to other 3D games or animators of similar visual fidelity, my game makes A LOT less on a site like patreon. And that's because of the perfectly reasonable complaint that I don't have constant new animations. I will at some point when the burden of gameplay and cinematic function is lower and I don't need to have my hands in programming to release a functional build. Until then I can't be the sole animator, and the ones I hire have their own lives.

3.90 star(s) 12 Votes