VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes
Apr 16, 2019
So Im used to download a game, get a WT and any patches if needed. This one is kinda unique in that it doesnt actually needs neither of those.

BUT at the same time this is bad. While playing its easy to see that you can be friendly or a dick with other people, but the fact that you dont need a WT means that your choices dont really matter for the events, it doesnt seem to have any proper 'path' like other novels and this is a bit disheartening.

Like right now, Im at the part

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game is nice so far but unless the choices do lead you to different endings somewhat I feel like Im getting disappointed.

I mean many endings and not just 'friends wih daughter' and 'relationship with daughter'; theres room for so many other things like being faithful with Susan or not, or being able to dump Susan early on and pick someone else as a GF or ignore everyone but [insert your favorite girl] and so on.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
So Im used to download a game, get a WT and any patches if needed. This one is kinda unique in that it doesnt actually needs neither of those.

BUT at the same time this is bad. While playing its easy to see that you can be friendly or a dick with other people, but the fact that you dont need a WT means that your choices dont really matter for the events, it doesnt seem to have any proper 'path' like other novels and this is a bit disheartening.

<Snip>
This is certainly a game of two halves. I'm on the Dark side. It'll get you lynched by the Light-siders, but try, as you say, 'being a dick' each and every time, for a whole new game :)

Reactions: Assari and fbass

Mohawk01

Mar 30, 2018

Unlocked

Hello friends !
After having tested this new treatment I feel much better ! So I plan to get back to work quickly.
It won't probably be as intense as before, at least for a while but my hope is to provide weekly updates, just like before.
I can't give any date for now on the next update, I will have a better view as I go, and will keep you updated all.
I won't process payment this month either as I was not working on the game.
It's really comforting to see the number of message of support I receive and to see most of you are still sticking around !
It really touched my heart through all this time and I can't express how grateful I am to have you all behind me.
I know I didn't communicate a lot, when I'm sick (which unfortunately happens a lot) I tend to hide and bunker down until I feel better.

So thank you again, all of you, you're the best !

Cedsense.

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018

Unlocked

Hello friends !
After having tested this new treatment I feel much better ! So I plan to get back to work quickly.
It won't probably be as intense as before, at least for a while but my hope is to provide weekly updates, just like before.
I can't give any date for now on the next update, I will have a better view as I go, and will keep you updated all.
I won't process payment this month either as I was not working on the game.
It's really comforting to see the number of message of support I receive and to see most of you are still sticking around !
It really touched my heart through all this time and I can't express how grateful I am to have you all behind me.
I know I didn't communicate a lot, when I'm sick (which unfortunately happens a lot) I tend to hide and bunker down until I feel better.

So thank you again, all of you, you're the best !

Cedsense.
Fuck yeah!
I am excited! And that doesn't happen easy.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game is nice so far but unless the choices do lead you to different endings somewhat I feel like Im getting disappointed.

I mean many endings and not just 'friends wih daughter' and 'relationship with daughter'; theres room for so many other things like being faithful with Susan or not, or being able to dump Susan early on and pick someone else as a GF or ignore everyone but [insert your favorite girl] and so on.

If you continue to play you will see that your choices lead to consequences.
At the stage it is now, you will pretty much have had to settle for one woman, in one of my playthroughs for example where I treated Susan badly she made a huge scene while ending the relationship, in another where I was friendlier to her, I had to initiate the break-up and in the one where I always treated her nicely, the relationship seems to turn into something stronger than it was in the beginning.

Apr 16, 2019
If you continue to play you will see that your choices lead to consequences.
At the stage it is now, you will pretty much have had to settle for one woman, in one of my playthroughs for example where I treated Susan badly she made a huge scene while ending the relationship, in another where I was friendlier to her, I had to initiate the break-up and in the one where I always treated her nicely, the relationship seems to turn into something stronger than it was in the beginning.
I see. Then the game DOES need a guide of some sort, but more of a pointer and not a full WT I guess?

I was cheating on Susan but did not treat her badly (except on the bed), so the relationship ended but wasnt a huge deal, both parts settled for it (she even sent flowers later on).

Mar 4, 2019
1. I never defend devs at all costs, in fact those people always get on my ass as well, whenever I dare question ANYTHING at all.
2. There's one simple difference between the two reactions, if you believe someone who tells you he is ill, that's normal because as long as someone hasn't given you a reason to distrust him, it's rational to believe he or she is telling the truth instead of lying, especially in a case like this, where payment has been suspended.
If you automatically don't believe someone or don't trust his or her statements, despite never having been given a reason not to, that means you have a problem with trust. That means you approach everything with the belief that people are always lying and scheming. And while that might on one hand keep you from shock over being cheated, it also means you go to life more miserable than others.
3. Since payments have been suspended, lying gains Cedsense nothing, in fact given the known reaction by the looney crowd, he probably knows that as soon as he tells people he's ill, the claims he is just lying and that he plans to abandon his game will start.

Also, he didn't get sick when his next update was overdue, you are just making that up.
It's surprising just how many devs suffer from health & mental issues, not throwing shade at CedSense as I am a top tier patron and this is one of my fav games! At least he had the decency to suspend charges unlike some devs that put their games on hold while still raking in 10k+ a month and disappearing (abandoning) [why are people still sending money to Pandelo?]... Makes me like him more! Have a speedy recovery CedSense, you, (If I'm being honest, Claire) are truly missed!!!

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It's surprising just how many devs suffer from health & mental issues, not throwing shade at CedSense as I am a top tier patron and this is one of my fav games! At least he had the decency to suspend charges unlike some devs that put their games on hold while still raking in 10k+ a month and disappearing (abandoning) [why are people still sending money to Pandelo?]... Makes me like him more! Have a speedy recovery CedSense, you, (If I'm being honest, Claire) are truly missed!!!
Pandelo pauses the patreon payments each month, ever since he stopped working on the game. Whichis probably the reason most patrons stuck with the game, hoping that once the situation with his mother is resolved, the game will return.
Check your facts before making such statements, that's exactly what my post is about.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes