VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
ok, we all gonna just shut up here, and let you, and few patrons, and you, to talk(?).
btw, how do you know that "the game is still alive"?
after almost a year with no update it seems pretty much dead to me?
or at least it is closer to "dead" than "alive" state surely....
are you a patron and/or had contact with devs?
have you any happy news to share apart that "just silence and wait"?
or that "isnt anyone business", apart a few selected members, and of course yours?
They were working on it just before Christmas, trying to get it out by the end of the year, then they took a break over Christmas. This is all from Patreon, yes, I am a backer. :)

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
They were working on it just before Christmas, trying to get it out by the end of the year, then they took a break over Christmas. This is all from Patreon, yes, I am a backer. :)
I really am going to try my best to finish the 0.16 update for Christmas, maybe setting a clear line like that will help me power through and finally get it done. I don't intend to go anywhere for the holidays so I will be able to work, and give the next chapter of this story to you, the amazing people supporting this project.
At first CedSense said he/she/whatever don't need a vacation at Nov 13, 2019. But now they said they start to work just before Christmas and take a break? Wonderful! There is no one to urge him not to take a break. But he just like an irresponsible man can't even keep a simple promise made by him. Pathetic. If you can't keep a promise, just don't make a promise!

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
That wasn't a promise. Saying you don't plan on taking a break 1.5 months beforehand, and then taking a break during Christmas isn't a big deal and no where in that he said "Promise". Plans change, perhaps they wanted to spend some time with their family.

The update will be out whenever its out.

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
That wasn't a promise. Saying you don't plan on taking a break 1.5 months beforehand, and then taking a break during Christmas isn't a big deal and no where in that he said "Promise". Plans change, perhaps they wanted to spend some time with their family.

The update will be out whenever its out.
They said they were working on it "just before Christmas". That means they don't really do anything on that project for now... "Nov 13" is not "just before Christmas"...

PowerbaitDK

Nov 28, 2017
They said they were working on it "just before Christmas". That means they don't really do anything on that project for now... "Nov 13" is not "just before Christmas"...
Where did you get that date from ???
No one has ever said anything about that date.

Reactions: sahamat

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
Where did you get that date from ???
No one has ever said anything about that date.
I really am going to try my best to finish the 0.16 update for Christmas, maybe setting a clear line like that will help me power through and finally get it done. I don't intend to go anywhere for the holidays so I will be able to work, and give the next chapter of this story to you, the amazing people supporting this project.
The date of second quotation I referenced is "Nov 13, 2019". That's the correct and official date that CedSense re-started to work on 0.16, not "just before Christmas". But a backer would rather declare "They were working on it just before Christmas" to mitigate the delay, so I make a sarcasm to question if "Nov 13" is "just before Christmas".

Last edited:

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
The date of second quotation I referenced is "Nov 13, 2019". That's the correct and official date that CedSense re-started to work on 0.16, not "just before Christmas". But a backer would rather declare "They were working on it just before Christmas" to mitigate the delay, so I make a sarcasm to question if "Nov 13" is "just before Christmas".
What?

What has Nov 13th have to do with anything? There was an update from the dev on 9th of Dec saying what I said in my previous post. So, just before Christmas. (y)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Game is dead, game is not, well in my own opinion, after over 8 months, I say, put an abandoned tag on this for once and for all, and if it's not really dead, well, then after he or she makes an update, take off the abandoned tag from it. Of course, it's only my opinion ;)
That's what the onhold tag is for, they (the dev) came here and said there wouldn't be an update for a while, so the mods put the onhold tag up, in November the dev came back and said they were working on it again, so really only two months since they started again, the onhold tag will be removed when they release the next version of the game. :)

mercytea

Oct 29, 2017
What?

What has Nov 13th have to do with anything? There was an update from the dev on 9th of Dec saying what I said in my previous post. So, just before Christmas. (y)
The author already drops the work of 0.16 many times... If you think the patreon post on 9th of Dec is another re-starting working on 0.16 makes CedSense a respectable author, suit yourself...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
As long as the DEV is active a game doesn't get the abandoned tag the abandoned tag is only given when there is no activity from a DEV in 3 months.
this is off, but this rule is a bit silly - dev/s could (and do so) drop posts every once in a while, ya, we are doing it, here are some halloween, christmas, new year renders etc, while doing nothing that really matters for the updates/games.
im not saying that the dev of this particular game are of that kind, just that maybe it would be better to reconsider that rule.
nonetheless, this is one of those captivating games, with great story and good characters, and it would be shame to see it abandoned.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
this is off, but this rule is a bit silly - dev/s could (and do so) drop posts every once in a while, ya, we are doing it, here are some halloween, christmas, new year renders etc, while doing nothing that really matters for the updates/games.
im not saying that the dev of this particular game are of that kind, just that maybe it would be better to reconsider that rule.
nonetheless, this is one of those captivating games, with great story and good characters, and it would be shame to see it abandoned.
Gumdrop is running circles around the mods doing the same thing. He's been on-hold for three years

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes