VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Xypher

May 1, 2017
I can only hope Cedsense will return from his indefinite hiatus.

Since a game a developer, who abandoned his own game 2 years ago came back from the dead, I'm clinging to hope he'll be back.

D

Deleted member 337116

hm.
View attachment 604198
yeah, u are right, she looks a bit like her,
but theres a lot of tweaking, so quite hard to make it right!
I tried it on Daz with Amber hair for Genesis 3, and the only thing i noticed is that the model on the game uses a slightly different skin, but the faces structures are the same, straight out of the box.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
that looks very close, she could be a sister or a younger self. well done!
what other skin are u looking for?

D

Deleted member 337116

that looks very close, she could be a sister or a younger self. well done!
what other skin are u looking for?
Like i said before, i think in the game she uses another skin texture, i've been trying to find it but no luck, but still looks pretty similar anyways.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
oh yeah, these were my favorite renders. i would suggest he gets rid of the winter soldier and super secret weapon subplots and make it jut a more grounded/simple gangster plot though
Yeah it was actually that, the too much focus on story that was actually not story but unnecessary fluff that did not add to the game nor was needed to drive the core elements of the game forward in my eyes and not enough focus on the development of the characters and their relations that made me drop this game 1.5 to 2 years ago even if did love the renders and the core characters. Others love that fluff story part though. :p

Still a pity and sad for dev he ran into problems that forced him to stop working on the game, hope he will recover completely or even better will get out from it stronger.

Last edited:

Xarin

Apr 29, 2018
Hardly daft in any way. If a game gets abandoned one or two updates in, we aren't invested that much.
A game gets abandoned one or two updates before the end, we've already spent a lot of time with it, we've invested thoughts, time, possibly money into it, we are invested in the characters, we want to know how it ends, all that is within reach and then bam! it gets abandoned.
That certainly is worse than a game getting abandoned right after it started.
Your definition of silly seems silly. ;)
Was the game really a few updates from being finished? It didn't seem even close. Then again, I haven't played this in a while so I can't really remember.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Was the game really a few updates from being finished? It didn't seem even close. Then again, I haven't played this in a while so I can't really remember.
The dev did write that at one point, yes.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Odd, it seemed like the story was just picking up. I don't recall there being any sex scenes either.
You mean with the d? Not yet, not actual sex at least.
TBH, I was surprised as well back then and was wondering how he would bring the story to an end in just a few more updates, , but it was what the dev planned.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well if he wanted to end it just right when it started to be interesting im not that sad anymore. I'd be disappointed even if he continued it.
True, the problem was he made the side story that was not so interesting or extremely good to much the main and it did not drive the growth or relations of the characters. End would likely have been just one end scene with the various characters the way it build up last half year to year. Well my opinion of that side story, if he just had fully removed that it would not have been even noticeable on the characters in my view. :p

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
i dont know about the non-asshole pathes, but the conspiracy around the mayors sex club was on the asshole sextoy path was putting me off.
I don't know why so many devs think they have to add a story outside of the player and the girl or girls. Like, is the story of the guy meeting and falling for/corrupting the daughter not enough?

BeardedJack

May 31, 2017
I feel it should just be the opposite. First you focus on the mc and daughter relationship, then focus on the naughty scenes while just starting to introduce other characters/story, to give the idea of branching, only after the mc and daughter had explored most of their sex stuff you start to dive into the story to keep everything interesting and explore more kinks.

Reactions: Xarin
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes