VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
The dev's Patreon account still shows: 150 PATRONS & $628 PER MONTH. At the very least, the dev owes his patrons an explanation of WTF is going on and why and not continue to take their money for nothing. I wonder how many AWOL devs are truly sick or just sick of their game? :unsure:

Patreon should have a policy that requires the account holder to post at required intervals (at least every 30, 60, or 90 days?) or their account is automatically terminated. What do you think about this?

Reactions: John-18

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The dev's Patreon account still shows: 150 PATRONS & $628 PER MONTH. At the very least, the dev owes his patrons an explanation of WTF is going on and why and not continue to take their money for nothing. I wonder how many AWOL devs are truly sick or just sick of their game? :unsure:

Patreon should have a policy that requires the account holder to post at required intervals (at least every 30, 60, or 90 days?) or their account is automatically terminated. What do you think about this?
Not really, but an option for patrons to pause their support until next time a dev posted would be good for situations like this.

215303j

the dev owes his patrons an explanation of WTF is going on and why and not continue to take their money for nothing.
This was the first time that Cedsense didn't pause his Patreon, so that aggression isn't really warranted in my opinion.

I'm not sure about termination but pausing indefinately would seem reasonable...
Edit: crossposted with Master of Puppets

Mikey Mike

Engaged Member
Feb 18, 2018
This was the first time that Cedsense didn't pause his Patreon, so that aggression isn't really warranted in my opinion.

I'm not sure about termination but pausing indefinately would seem reasonable...
Edit: crossposted with Master of Puppets
The dev last posted on 12/8/2019 so how are my comment considered aggressive? Has he taken the money for the past 5 months with no explanation and/or product as well? Are you comfortable with your apparent apathy/complicity?

Update (5/12/20): Thanks for the facepalms, and wish you well sitting on your hands! I see that the dev has still not responded and his last update was over a year ago, so most reasonable folks generally move on with their lives.

Last edited:

215303j

The dev last posted on 12/8/2019 so how are my comment considered aggressive?
By the wording "WTF is going on". But maybe I misunderstood...

Has he taken the money for the past 5 months with no explanation and/or product as well? Are you comfortable with your apparent apathy/complicity?
No, he hasn't. This is the first time Patreon was not paused. The fact that it wasn't this time could be good (working on the game again / releasing something soon) or bad (forgot, uninterested or physically unable to pause again), it seems that nobody knows for certain.

All in all, I don't think you can call me / us complicit, maybe if it's not paused again next month without any communication it'll be different. As for apathy, maybe but what else is there to do?

Mr_PacMan

May 31, 2017
By the wording "WTF is going on". But maybe I misunderstood...

No, he hasn't. This is the first time Patreon was not paused. The fact that it wasn't this time could be good (working on the game again / releasing something soon) or bad (forgot, uninterested or physically unable to pause again), it seems that nobody knows for certain.

All in all, I don't think you can call me / us complicit, maybe if it's not paused again next month without any communication it'll be different. As for apathy, maybe but what else is there to do?
Buddy, Don't bother wasting your time explaining to such righteous people. A quick read through last couple of pages would have revealead that
1) dev paused the patreon every month since update stopped, except the current month
2) they stopped releasing update due to understandable personal reasons
3) dev paused the patreon by choice, that is they didn't wait for fans/patrons to complain but instead paused the patreon as they realised they couldn't meet the demand/deadline followed with post about why he was taking a break

ps: maybe i am bit too forgiving, or maybe not, as i used to follow devs like Gumdrop, Icstor

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
I find it interesting this was abandoned moments before sex with the daughter was going to happen.

Anon4990

Nov 12, 2016
It wasn't abandoned, the dev had health issues and until this month was pausing their Patreon every month.
I'm sorry but where did you see he mentioned still having health issues? I'm asking it not because I wanna start something but just for information sake in case you guys know something we don't coming from private chats and such.
Last I heard of him was the dec/09 announcement showing some previews

215303j

I'm sorry but where did you see he mentioned still having health issues? I'm asking it not because I wanna start something but just for information sake in case you guys know something we don't coming from private chats and such.
Last I heard of him was the dec/09 announcement showing some previews
As far as I know, there was no real communication since then.

The last information was that he was somewhat recovering and started to work on the game again, but found it difficult due to being out of it for quite a long period.

Since there was no communication in the mean time, we could assume that his health situation again deteriorated. Not pausing his Patreon last time was something new, but it's unsure whether it's good (release imminent) or bad (didn't bother / unable to pause anymore).

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes