VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
@CedSense not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have the game on mute all (I live with a couple of minor children, my niece's son and daughter). However, several times during the game, sound has been made, (the bus at the start, and both sex scenes with Susan). This means I need to click fast during those scenes, and might miss something or choose the wrong option. Could you fix this in the next update please?
While this may be a bug in the game, I haven't seen a computer without an option to mute audio completely, so I'm totally failing to see a need to click faster or do whatever gymnastics you're doing there, when you can just switch off the sound completely to not to disturb other people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: Rain01 and kiteares

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
@CedSense not sure if this is a bug or not, but I have the game on mute all (I live with a couple of minor children, my niece's son and daughter). However, several times during the game, sound has been made, (the bus at the start, and both sex scenes with Susan). This means I need to click fast during those scenes, and might miss something or choose the wrong option. Could you fix this in the next update please?
Hello, thanks for the feedback, unfortunately for now there isn't much I can do, as those sounds are played during a 'movie' playback and it seems that renpy, the engine used to create those games, doesn't consider the sounds associated with video clips as a recognized type for its own settings.
Maybe there is a way, if I add my own setting inside the UI but I'll be honest, I don't have the time right now to do the research, add the code and test it fully just for a few people, I'm already behind right now, as I'm just coming back from abroad.
The best option might be to mute your computer sounds totally, using a system settings in your operating system. A lot of keyboards offer a button to do that for you.You can also mute a specific application in the Windows sound mixer if that is what you are using, look at the bottom bar, on the right on your screen.
Sorry!

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
owever, several times during the game, sound has been made, (the bus at the start, and both sex scenes with Susan).
haven't seen a computer without an option to mute audio completely,
The best option might be to mute your computer sounds totally, using a system settings in your operating system.
Reporting bugs is a good thing (if it hasn't been done a dozen times in the last couple of pages. But additional to the above, I have my system muted and the exception is to turn on the sound, others do it different. In windows you can right click on the speakers icon in the tray and open the mixer and mute individual applications.

dunhill

May 3, 2017
ok i think we need a walk-through here cause i'm seeing a bunch of pics here that i didn't get, so i went back and played as a jerk and i still didn't get it.... how the heck do i get the GF and D trying on bathing suits???

dunhill

May 3, 2017
It's part of the Tier4 exclusive content, only in the Special Edition of the game!
fair is fair:FeelsBadMan:.... but when the game is complete would the content of this special version be available in a public version???

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Yeah, nothing as of yet. That's why I lost some interest (and decreased the pledge)
Buld up is decent for such routes and hope is still there. To be fair MC has nothing as well for now so I think we can expect something in a 2-3 updates that will indicate what we can expect. It's still one of the most interesting new VNs we have here so I still have my hopes.

Reactions: Mwanted

FroKe88

May 15, 2017

So, as you know, this update will be shorter than usual because I did spend some time abroad. A lot of things happened, right before, and also right after so I'm kinda behind schedule, even though technically I had less work to do, I also had a lot less time, due to very unfortunate circumstances.

I know some of you are very impatient to play the game, and you have all high expectations (which gives me so much motivation!), so I want to be as transparent as possible!

I sincerely always try to do my best and put everything I have in the updates I release. This time is no different.

So, I will really try my upmost to deliver in time, I only have four days left before the Tier4 release, and I'm trying as hard as I can to be ready in time. I will keep you all updated of course.

The next update, 0.8, will be the usual size and I hope the month of July will be nothing like June.

I would like to thank you all again for the amazing support!

Cedsense.

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes