VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes
May 18, 2018
glad i read the comments.seriously all my fave games updated but really short,guess i will come back here on december.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
the update may be small in terms of gameplay, but this is still one of the most replayable games on here..and definately top 3-5 for a well told story

Reactions: netsrac

gregonzole

Aug 10, 2017
Well this was short and disappointing. It's been 7 updates and there hasn't even been any action with the daughter and the MC. There's slow and satisfying burn like DMD, and then there's this that just keeps teasing you without any progress in sight.

Reactions: notsonoble

netsrac

Dec 17, 2017
the update may be small in terms of gameplay, but this is still one of the most replayable games on here..and definately top 3-5 for a well told story
My thoughts exactly. I downloaded the 0.4 version (I think) a few months ago because "hey that girl looks really cute" and for once I'm not playing a guy in high school or college, but actually someone close to my own age. The story and writing blew me away. I joined the patreon the day after. No regrets :)
Piracy is not always a good thing, but sometimes it is.
Before I found F95 I was a patron of 5 games, now its 14. Most of them only a dollar a month, but hey its something.
So thank you developers who are active here and thank you F95 crew.
I'm poorer now, but happy with this :heartcoveredeyes:

Reactions: 215303j and UncleVT

L7Bear

May 29, 2017
I don't want to complain (60 frames per month seems to be normal for Devs this summer) about the size, but I played through the latest episode and the choices (Domination or Corruption: darkside path) don't seem to make any difference in the game. I'm not sure if it is just based on cumulative choices (I think my prior saves are all down 1 path) and individual choices don't matter individually, or if it is just lazy coding that both "options" have the same results.

[note: apologies if someone already answered this previously in the thread - I haven't read all the posts here.]

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
you notice the corruption if you pay attention to how susan and the cute reporter respond to your domination after a couple times..at first they are somewhat scared and unsure seeming then they get more relaxed and submissive the following times..the reporter first time you dominate her says she didnt expect that in her mind thinking you a nice guy..but by the 3rd time she's tame and obedient.
post above my broke my brain..i cannot brain anymore..ouch

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
imho..the best route to take is..be absolutely perfect with the daughter..and a dominant perv with everyone else(except ray..dont eff over ray..ever) and you'll get the best of all sides :p

bas

retired
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
Hi all - I've just deleted several posts where people are starting in with personal attacks because they disagree. Please remember the first rule of our site: Be respectful. Disagreements are fine, attacks are not.

@Deadlyreaper - my understanding is that you speak German and use google translate or similar. Your posts in English sound very harsh and are at times borderline trolling. Please dial it back a few notches. There's nothing wrong with criticism but the only parts of your post that are very clear to understand in English are the worst parts.

Everyone else: please use the report button to get a moderator or staff member's attention going forward instead of engaging yourselves, OK? Thanks

Kaidman

Dec 8, 2017
totally agree with you I like to experiment with paths and trying all options so this is fun

Exiler

May 7, 2018
Man, i can't wait for the next update.. This game has a very nice story to it, and the girl is so pretty.

Nikzy006

Mar 1, 2018
I Don't Care if the update was small ..... this game has incredible story .... certainly the best visual novel game ..... excited for the next update .. love how the way dev has narrated the story so far.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
Since I just found this game I don't know about the size of the latest update and honestly don't care. There are a handful of devs that I think are wasting there time writing adult VN. They should be writing full novels and this is one of them. I think I am near the end point of the previous updates based on what I have read so far here. At first I didn't think I was going to like it but as the dev drew me into the story I started to make my choices based on how I think I would react if I were presented with the same situations. I honestly don't care about whether there are any sex scenes in it or not although the dev has done a great job of giving you a way to opt out of most of them. If anything I think we are given too many choices about what to do. I do have hopes that there will be some sort of romance between the MC and D but that is not what is the primary impetus that drives me in this game. It is easy to get immersed in just the story being told here regardless of whether it leads to any sex scenes. I believe this game would easily stand tall without any sex scenes and be extremely enjoyable to play. Of course it's an adult game so one would expect to have at least some like watching a movie with some star who has shown some skin previously and expecting to see more of them in the next movie they star in.

That said this is a great game that is extremely well written and very easy to immerse oneself in for the story alone.

Sorry for the length of this but I do believe @CedSense should also be writing full novels but is very welcome to keep giving us these fine adult VN's. Keep up the great work.

215303j

I think it was a pretty good update.

Yes it was short, but it laid a stronger foundation to the background story, which is incredibly solid compared to 99% of the other games on this site.

People should realise that building a good story with engaging and deep characters takes a lot of time, both as a dev and as a player. Time which is not spend on NSFW images. In my opinion, this is absolutely fine, because the story is worth it.

People who are looking for a quick wank should simply go elsewhere at the moment. It's not like there isn't enough choice.

ut1stgear

Feb 7, 2018
@bossapplesauce I have read many of your posts and they, f95, made a very good choice in having you as a mod.

thx boss, just trying to pad my likes. lol But I meant it.

Bedtime for me and everyone who celebrates it Happy Independence Day.

Reactions: bas

AGoodDay2Die

Feb 9, 2018
Yes, the update was a bit on the thin side but that's guaranteed to happen occasionally when one tries to stick to a release schedule. Backstory filler could end up being important later on.

While I agree that many of these games get to the action a bit too fast and also that story development is a good thing, a lot of the games that tout the latter over the former carry it to excess. Story and character development are great but CAN be overdone. In other words: don't make us wait TOO long for the action that we all started playing the game for in the first place. I mean, realistically, how many guys here would continue to date a woman over 6 months who won't yet put out - even with the promise of "someday..."?

Just my two cents...

Reactions: dutchpete

chainalonez

Jan 18, 2018
I love this story can't wait for next update :heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes::heartcoveredeyes:

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes