VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes

wealthybigpenis

Donor
Nov 25, 2017
Really, who the fuck ends an update like that? That is worse than a TV show that cuts to commercial on a cliff hanger. but at least the show comes back on in 3 fucking minutes not 30 days later, ass.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Can anyone remind me where 0.11 ended please? I want to see any new content, but I can't remember where 0.12 started.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Last version that I have was OurFate-0.12-SE-pc saves go way back to beginning but I used the save file that I saved right before daughter catches MC with Shenice the scene in the bedroom was a little different. With mine you get the chance to encourage the daughter to see her friend Anna as more then just a friend but in the save a few pages back that is gone and the daughter is now instead sitting on the floor feeling jealous of her dad and they talk it out. But using my old save the teddy bear was clickable and I could watch the scene the same as I had with the save a few pages back. So I think I'm going to keep using my own saves as I want to see some daughter Anna MC threesome action and maybe even some daughter Anne action.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I have only one question. The One True Question.

When it asks "Do you want to consider sharing ------ in the future?', what are we talking about here?

I'd share her, with another girl, in my bed, as long as I'm there.

I would not share her, with another man, with me sitting alone at home.

The question is too ambiguous to answer Yes or No!

John Winkel

May 19, 2018
I've tried several scenarios and EVERY ONE ends with MC getting hit, daughter crying for help...and then credits. I've spent about 5 hours making exactly ZERO progress in the story! One might assume that I'm upset with this developement. Let me assure you that said 'one' would be grossly understating the obvious! AN INCREDIBLE WASTE OF TIME!!!

D

Deleted member 992182

I've tried several scenarios and EVERY ONE ends with MC getting hit, daughter crying for help...and then credits. I've spent about 5 hours making exactly ZERO progress in the story! One might assume that I'm upset with this developement. Let me assure you that said 'one' would be grossly understating the obvious! AN INCREDIBLE WASTE OF TIME!!!
I didn't get that scene but the alternate (based on decision to love or corrupt her, I assume). Still, I'm gonna wait a while before jumping back in as the story is seemingly at a point where the dev doesn't know where to take it or how to

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Here is a compressed mac and android version from v0.12AE!

Mac (364MB): - - - -
Android (391MB): - - - -
finally, a compressed android version. you did good man.

AndreDell

Nov 8, 2018
:p
Why, though?
To me, the difference between main girl and a side-character is mostly the story around them, how much interaction there is.
So if the protagonist gets them faster, there's not much time for that build-up, so it's essentially a side-character in anything but name and intention.
I think that is the point. There are three types of female characters in this game: main characters who don't fuck, disposable characters who fuck, and extras. The sexiest scene in the game is Sammie's wife skinny dipping, because later she actually becomes an interesting character. The various girlfriends/one-night-stands don't really get stories or personalities of their own. The closest was the reporter, but once she started getting a story she kinda disappeared from the game.

I mean, if it is intentionally a bait&switch where the daughter/not-daughter is teased endlessly and disposable others are used for sex scenes, that's brilliant and works very well in the short term. Lots of movies do that - sell steamy scenes with A-list actresses and then get that R-rating with unknowns instead. TV shows have a harder time, because eventually people will just stop watching, so main characters getting nude for tv seems like the norm. I think what I am reading in the comments is that tipping point, where some people are reaching that frustration point.

Chekhov's Gun - "If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following act it should be fired."

D

Deleted member 992182

I think that is the point. There are three types of female characters in this game: main characters who don't fuck, disposable characters who fuck, and extras. The sexiest scene in the game is Sammie's wife skinny dipping, because later she actually becomes an interesting character. The various girlfriends/one-night-stands don't really get stories or personalities of their own. The closest was the reporter, but once she started getting a story she kinda disappeared from the game.

I mean, if it is intentionally a bait&switch where the daughter/not-daughter is teased endlessly and disposable others are used for sex scenes, that's brilliant and works very well in the short term. Lots of movies do that - sell steamy scenes with A-list actresses and then get that R-rating with unknowns instead. TV shows have a harder time, because eventually people will just stop watching, so main characters getting nude for tv seems like the norm. I think what I am reading in the comments is that tipping point, where some people are reaching that frustration point.

Chekhov's Gun - "If in the first act you have hung a pistol on the wall, then in the following act it should be fired."
THANK YOU! Chekhov's Gun theory is directly abused in almost every Adult VN. I have no preference for any fetish or plot point outside of choice. My only story rule with a VN in particular is:

1. Do not hint at something you will not at least give the option for.

That's it. You can have a story about a woman that is unattainable but the player better realise this by the 3rd chapter. VNs like this one will go 10 chapters - over a year of development time - constantly hinting that maybe they'll fuck. Maaaaybe next chapter?! Forever. This story leaves off with the MC being beat to shit by person or vehicle. That's basically another 1-3 months and couple chapters of hinting at something and not doing it. By now a choice has to have been made. Same for fetishes in VNs!

I don't love or hate NTR/rape in an adult, sexually driven story but don't constantly hint at it and then never do it (DMD).
I don't love or hate if a dev leaves a character out of your sexual grasp but don't constantly hint at it and never do it. Replace those with any other fetish and it's the same. Do it or don't.

A tease is fine! Have a tease or two but to build your plot around a particular point and never do it is a major mistake of story telling, IMO. Just avoid it if that's the plan anyway. Go all in or not at all. You don't write a character that constantly dribbles a basketball and never acknowledge it. If Johnny MainCharacter walks to school dribbling a basketball, walks to the store dribbling a basketball and sleeps with a basketball next to him you have to explain that pretty early on. Too many VNs have batshit insane storytelling, logic and pacing. It's both hilarious and infuriating.

*This only really applies to main character, btw. A VN based on a big tit fetish (insert fetish here) can have characters with small tits but your main female protagonists better have big fn tits or you've failed

Reactions: AndreDell

John Winkel

May 19, 2018
the last two 'updates' don't appear to have 'updated' shit! To call these 'updates' is a bald-faced lie! I'd be too embarrassed to list these on a resume!

apocalipze

May 25, 2017
well i won't actually called this an update, but it does said the same version as the previous one which is 0.12 and only add extra scene in that version and changed it to 0.12AE, so.... i don't get what you guys are whining about.

Jul 3, 2017
well i won't actually called this an update, but it does said the same version as the previous one which is 0.12 and only add extra scene in that version and changed it to 0.12AE, so.... i don't get what you guys are whining about.
Because they didn't bother to read so they didn't know it was just an additional optional scene. The dev was very clear about this.

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Can't really complain about the length, either. I've read VNs with sexual content where said content didn't appear until around 30 hours in.
Sure, I didn't watch those get developed for months, but I am always free to look away.

drowsy

Nov 23, 2017
People need to relax and learn to appreciate quality. This game is one of the best out there imo due to its psychological and realistic development (at least on the domination route, haven't tried any other). If you want quick bang there are hundreds of other games out there for you. Also, this was just a holiday extra update (that, again, I haven't even seen), so relax your jimmies and stop complaining.

4.60 star(s) 82 Votes