FAEN1134

Jan 3, 2020
There has been some debate regarding the necessity of sandboxing in Our Home. However, it was built with sandboxing in mind from the very beginning.

Personally, I find the term "sandbox" somewhat limiting, as it suggests that the game offers little progress or meaning. In Our Home, however, this is not the case. Each event related to the player's progress is unique, making the game more like a What a legend with a plethora of options available for players to choose from. Players can freely explore different routes without needing to create multiple save files for each character, which adds an element of uniqueness to the experience.

Additionally, while exploring the game's free-roam feature, players can discover new and interesting details about characters that are not included in the main story. For example, players can learn trivia about the characters or engage in unique events like spying on someone in the bathroom or pursuing relationships with characters outside of the main story.

Version 2.5.2 is a compilation of three previously published versions that were exclusive to Patreon users and have now been released to the public.

Version 2.6.0, which is set to be released around the 15th, will include something even Patreon users are not aware of - the VN mode, which I call the "limited experience". This mode allows players to skip the full free-roam experience and dive straight into the story events. You can easily switch between the full and limited experiences without having to restart the game.

The limited experience mode will exclude several features that are exclusive to the full free-roam experience, catering to those who may not be as passionate about sandbox games as I am.

Please note that version 2.6.0 will be exclusively available to Patreon users for the time being.
Thank you for the explanation.

bardock8114

Jul 11, 2022
I am sorry but I am really confused with the Landlord and Tenant thing. How can I make it Incest?

I do not gt these relationshipos with these pictures XD

Can someone please help me with a correct List and I can use?

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Wow, quality stuff o_O:oops:
Great animations, Great Renders, Great Models, Good music and sound effects. First time I played the game and with the game describtion and the easy tagged hints what to expect or not to expect I can say this for sure is a safe bet. Its a story about a "country bumpkin" who turns his life around and either "punish" or "help" these girls and claim his Harem. Thats why he looks so fragile, has these odd hairstyle and loser clothes. And thats why at the beginning everyone else here is very unlikeable. And I must say it serves its purpose.

Story is... good ? Im probably reading to much into this but:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Like I mentioned I think I get where the story is going with its build up, regarding the people MC meet the very first time. It will be interesting how you can play a "good" path with these girls. Nicole specially since this one will be a hard nut to crack. Sure, corruption aka "Revenge" path will work, but the other ? I gonna find it out sooner or later haha. (Norah doing yoga was hot, even more she knew MC was watching -> Need more of these teases :sneaky::devilish:)
It ends for me during the scene of MC taking the Money and wanting to go to the mall. Dont know if this was intended tho.

By the way: This Fucker Hank gonna give MC tips about how to dress in public while he wear these? Fak off dude! Just wait until he comes to work and accendialy see MC banging his coworker Samantha :devilish:

Also this lol:

Some background sounds are to silent.
It has much more content than that, you probably took a route where you keep calling her at the house and follow her when she goes to change her clothes.
Try going back on this, and not following her when she changes her yoga outfit. I'll edit this, it doesn't seem to be very clear and it's exiting the game on its own.

Thanks for the feedback, you really got the gist of the game.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
There has been some debate regarding the necessity of sandboxing in Our Home. However, it was built with sandboxing in mind from the very beginning.

Personally, I find the term "sandbox" somewhat limiting, as it suggests that the game offers little progress or meaning. In Our Home, however, this is not the case. Each event related to the player's progress is unique, making the game more like a What a legend with a plethora of options available for players to choose from. Players can freely explore different routes without needing to create multiple save files for each character, which adds an element of uniqueness to the experience.

Additionally, while exploring the game's free-roam feature, players can discover new and interesting details about characters that are not included in the main story. For example, players can learn trivia about the characters or engage in unique events like spying on someone in the bathroom or pursuing relationships with characters outside of the main story.

Version 2.5.2 is a compilation of three previously published versions that were exclusive to Patreon users and have now been released to the public.

Version 2.6.0, which is set to be released around the 15th, will include something even Patreon users are not aware of - the VN mode, which I call the "limited experience". This mode allows players to skip the full free-roam experience and dive straight into the story events. You can easily switch between the full and limited experiences without having to restart the game.

The limited experience mode will exclude several features that are exclusive to the full free-roam experience, catering to those who may not be as passionate about sandbox games as I am.

Please note that version 2.6.0 will be exclusively available to Patreon users for the time being.
Man, I've been waiting for some time for new content with MC and Emily with this title... But I believe this update is only game tweaking, and some structure changes, right?

Oh, but I'm really glad to hear a VN mode will be added (an enabled choice)...as I'm not a fan of any sandbox play in VN's. And, I was also happy to hear that mini games are now a skippable choice, which was added earlier on. Though, I hope when the VN mode is added and available, a player won't lose out with too much of the relationship content flow.

And...I'm also on the side of not sure about MC's height / look, but I hope MC will get a more fit frame, and mature look to counter the 15-16 year old child look. As I hope MC will become more of a good looking alpha type male (look and attitude), for the harem path to actually be believable.

Well I guess MC is written as an ugly duckling, that will eventually gain his appearance and manly personality as the game story progresses...I just hope it happens very soon though, and is not a long and drawn process...or players will lose interest in this story. Regards.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
OldHiccup So I saw this old post. And have a question.

Basically, once MC has started seeing the LIs (in any capacity), do they then go and have sex with their partner?

Because even not shown or off-screen, that would be both Netori, and Netorare(NTR), because they would be involved with someone else after being involved with MC. So both dudes are being cucked in that situation.

Netori only, is where the MC steals them and the other guy loses complete. NTR is the opposite, but assuming this comment is correct and you have both... then the "No NTR" thing isn't true, just that you have no on-screen NTR. (but possibly in text).

While you can likely dodge the Netorare tag on a technicality... players (like myself) still care... cause NTR be NTR, the whole point of "NO NTR" is that there is "NO NTR" not messing around with semantics.

So if you would be so kind as to clarify this and clear any possible misunderstands, or confirm it (if it is true, as it seems to be from what i could find) it would be appreciated.
I noticed that you have Milfy City as your profile picture, do you think Milfy City has NTR ?

Last edited:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
dont ...

dont discuss the 3 unspeakables ....
this leads always to a flood of nonsense posts from this kink fans ...

• Haha
Reactions: OldHiccup

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Man, I've been waiting for some time for new content with MC and Emily with this title... But I believe this update is only game tweaking, and some structure changes, right?

Oh, but I'm really glad to hear a VN mode will be added (an enabled choice)...as I'm not a fan of any sandbox play in VN's. And, I was also happy to hear that mini games are now a skippable choice, which was added earlier on. Though, I hope when the VN mode is added and available, a player won't lose out with too much of the relationship content flow.

And...I'm also on the side of not sure about MC's height / look, but I hope MC will get a more fit frame, and mature look to counter the 15-16 year old child look. As I hope MC will become more of a good looking alpha type male (look and attitude), for the harem path to actually be believable.

Well I guess MC is written as an ugly duckling, that will eventually gain his appearance and manly personality as the game story progresses...I just hope it happens very soon though, and is not a long and drawn process...or players will lose interest in this story. Regards.

It wasn't just fixes, it has playable content as well.
You are right, we will work on the appearance of the MC as things progress. I really enjoy something like slowburnning but I'm aware that if I take too long things will get lost.

I am very focused on finishing Emily's house in blender so that I can get scenes with her again, it should happen in the next versions.

Last edited:

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
OldHiccup So I saw this old post. And have a question.
Because even not shown or off-screen, that would be both Netori, and Netorare(NTR), because they would be involved with someone else after being involved with MC. So both dudes are being cucked in that situation.

Absolutely NO ONE, is going to get involved with anyone that the MC has ever been involved with or will be involved with, it just doesn't exist.

What exists is that the MC will "steal someone's wife", and it's not exactly stealing, because the woman HAS NO LOVE INTEREST IN THE PERSON. She is interested in other things, if I talk too much, I will give a big spoiler.

Reactions: lxh123 and sn3p

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016

outcome: No NTR, MC touch MC has, the end.

Last edited:

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
If the MC steals the wife, but then she goes back and does stuff with the one they were stolen from without MC knowing and being none-the-wiser, she was stolen back... that be Netori and Netorare.

Netorare also isn't about whether or not the LI has love interest or not, it is simple "To be taken from" so if MC has taken her, and she goes to anyone else sexually, whether she has feelings or not, they get taken, so MC is taken from, despite being the one to have taken them from someone else first.

To explain in a bit more depth, the term Netorare meaning "To be taken from" only relies on MCs interest, doesn't even require an actual relationship (childhood friends crush etc.) just MCs interest. If she goes off and does something with anyone/thing besides MC (man women, or w/e), then that is MC being taken from and is under Netorare(NTR).

Netori in inverse is "To take".

p.s. if you are worried about spoilers we can move to DMs.
I hope it's clear, I'm really tired of explaining this haha

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
Bleeping hell. I remember almost giving up on this game one or two updates ago. As it was a bit buggy.
But figured I would give this new update a spin, maybe it's actually good and less buggy now? Ah...oh boy.
Get the same error as posted by someone earlier, as soon as the actual dang main menu pops up it turns into 'an exception has occured'. We're off to a GREAT start, when you havent even gotten into the actual game and it already throws exceptions at you :unsure:
Sure, one can hit ignore. And play the game. But what if you want to access your old saves. Or heck, just make a NEW save? What if you want to load a save? You can't because the game doesnt want to show the menu.
And it has nothing to do with the persistent file, already tried that one.
Really about to just put this one on ignore. Its a shame, because I remember it looking pretty decent, and it felt like there was some good ideas, and ambitions with this game.
Interesting that only a few have this issue though. But I've given up trying to find the solution myself, as it's definitely not worth the headache.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Bleeping hell. I remember almost giving up on this game one or two updates ago. As it was a bit buggy.
But figured I would give this new update a spin, maybe it's actually good and less buggy now? Ah...oh boy.
Get the same error as posted by someone earlier, as soon as the actual dang main menu pops up it turns into 'an exception has occured'. We're off to a GREAT start, when you havent even gotten into the actual game and it already throws exceptions at you :unsure:
Sure, one can hit ignore. And play the game. But what if you want to access your old saves. Or heck, just make a NEW save? What if you want to load a save? You can't because the game doesnt want to show the menu.
And it has nothing to do with the persistent file, already tried that one.
Really about to just put this one on ignore. Its a shame, because I remember it looking pretty decent, and it felt like there was some good ideas, and ambitions with this game.
Interesting that only a few have this issue though. But I've given up trying to find the solution myself, as it's definitely not worth the headache.

I really believe that there is something wrong with the way you're playing, I'm not lying, some bugs can happen, but their impact on the number of users the game has is small, even more so an error that prevents you from playing.
A colleague had a problem starting the game due to the firewall configuration, which prevented access to the internet through the game, maybe you could be experiencing this, because there is a resource that goes to the internet to check if there is an update available, and that is shown in my in-game or main menu.

If you want to share the error, I'm available to help you

moonshadow

May 6, 2017
Same error as user ohmz posted about 2hrs ago.

But yeah, it's obviously not a universal issue, as not everyone is having this issue. I will never, EVER let the game go online no matter what. It's already annoying that it wants to online every single time I start the game. If THAT is what makes this error, somehow, then screw it lol.
Did try to run it while allowing it to go online, but instead of blocking it, I just pulled out the plug so I wasnt connected to the internet. Just one of several things I figured I would try lol.
The preferences I can reach though, from in-game. But the actual "menu" is borked for me. Both when hitting the menu button in-game and when the menu eventually pops up after you start the game. Right clicking in-game has the same issue. In short, it's always the Menu.
But yeah, IF it requires to be allowed access to the internet, just to get it to work, then nope.

Reactions: dots
3.90 star(s) 17 Votes