Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soadeths

Dec 4, 2021
soadeths

Thank you sincerely for your fair assessment of Our Home. I fully acknowledge that perfection is not something we attain, and I am aware of some areas that need improvement.

I will pay special attention to your feedback regarding the narrative and how the story unfolds. I am confident that I can make improvements in this aspect.

Regarding the sandbox, it is true that we face some limitations in producing relevant content simultaneously with the development of story events. We are aware of this issue and are working to overcome these limitations gradually.

The free-roam functionality was initially designed to allow players to take actions that bring them closer to the characters, providing details about each person's profile. Some specific actions, of course, require prior interaction with the character before they are unlocked. As you get to know more characters, new sandbox actions will be made available. We are committed to making this experience engaging, avoiding it becoming monotonous, and instead strengthening your connection with the characters.

As for the possibility of me abandoning the game, I want to assure you that I have no plans in that regard. I am deeply involved in the development of Our Home and am passionate about it. Considering the releases we have made, I believe we have made a significant leap in terms of content over the past seven months. I hope you notice this when evaluating the size of the latest version.

Once again, I greatly appreciate your assessment, which seemed fair and sensible to me. Your observations are valuable and will contribute to further enhancing the Our Home experience.
Wow, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised by your response to my review.

To answer you, I'd say that the current sandbox mode is very well done, with the clue system, the activities for each character (location + time) and the info in the characters and more than enough.

But the current hours/times system is useful when there are a lot of events in progress or planned, and there aren't enough of them at the moment, which gives the impression to many that it's not well done or useful.

But if you really want to improve the sandbox and make it easier to use, you can use your little activity and add an arrow to the right, for example, or elsewhere, which teleports to the event being mentioned, for example.
By the way, I forgot to mention that when you click on the bed, there's only the nap option (hour by hour) and automatic sleep from 3 a.m. It would be nice to have the sleep until morning option in addition to the current system, because it's really not practical at the moment.

I must also congratulate you again on the effort you've put into the menu, design, animation, character sheet etc. Many people ignore this, but I think it's really important!
And for the design of your female characters, who are absolutely magnificent.
Good luck with the development of your game!

Acesaw

May 11, 2017
Sorry, it didn't work for you. Odd, I have not had any issues with any of the in game features...which gave me no errors at all.
And I normally use 0x52_URM tool to edit points, etc...with all my Re'py titles. ("alt and m" to open the 0x52_URM tool's search function, and searched for landlady, roommate, and tenant. I then change them to sister (tenant), sisters (tenants/roommates), as well landlady to mom and or mother.)
no this happen way befor your patch.

Acesaw

May 11, 2017
This is another error, it is not related to changes in relationships. I have already corrected this, I am uploading a version with corrections for the 3 errors mapped here.
any idea when this upload will be finished?

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
I just wanted to write cheers OldHiccup and that I appreciate the effort in getting the issues fixed for this version. It's good and I'm really enjoying a lot of the detail. The story isn't bad either.

Best of luck. I will write a proper review at some point. :coffee:

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I just wanted to write cheers OldHiccup and that I appreciate the effort in getting the issues fixed for this version. It's good and I'm really enjoying a lot of the detail. The story isn't bad either.

Best of luck. I will write a proper review at some point. :coffee:

Thank you for the recognition. Although I believe I am just doing my duty, I take responsibility for what I do. It's distressing to see a player facing issues due to something I did, which, I confess, makes me want to pull my hair out. lmao
So, I will spare no effort to resolve every minor problem that is feasible to fix. Feel free to evaluate, as I promise to try to meet expectations.

Reactions: Reyto and JohnJG

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
how old are the future tags?
any changes?
Future tags are changed with each version whenever the content associated with a particular tag is incorporated into the game. In this version, three tags have transitioned from 'future' to 'in-game': 'vaginal sex,' 'oral,' and 'characters with big buttocks.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Reyto

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Is there second persistent save? So i don't have to backup my save after i finished this version

I didn't quite get your question, but I'll do my best to give you an answer.
In general, every process requires some persistence, just like any Ren'Py game. But if you want to recover your progress, you still need your save file.
You can also use the cloud saving feature, though I'd suggest keeping a copy of your save file locally too. It's a good idea to have both local and cloud saves to make sure you don't lose your progress.

Anon92762

Feb 9, 2020
I didn't quite get your question, but I'll do my best to give you an answer.
In general, every process requires some persistence, just like any Ren'Py game. But if you want to recover your progress, you still need your save file.
You can also use the cloud saving feature, though I'd suggest keeping a copy of your save file locally too. It's a good idea to have both local and cloud saves to make sure you don't lose your progress.
Some android porter have same folder to backup the save file. So if we finished the & uninstall the app, we still have the save file without backup it. I think its what they called second persistent save

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
quyen1998

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to play Our Home.

I carefully examined your review and would like to address some points that you might want to consider.

When you mention the quality of the renderings, it seems you might be focusing on the early stages of the game. I must admit that, back then, we were not as experienced. However, we've come a long way since, and I'm unsure if you played enough to witness the improved renderings. Additionally, we have plans to redo the initial renders and enhance their quality, and this should happen soon. You can find more details in this .

If you haven't completed the entire Our Home experience, I suggest revisiting your evaluation. It might be unfair to assess something without experiencing it thoroughly.

Regarding the writing, I genuinely apologize if I let you down in that aspect. Our Home may not precisely align with your preferred literary style, or perhaps there's room for improvement that we haven't quite reached. However, if you've only played a part of the game, things might not be as impressive as you expected.

Regardless, I'll be honest with you; I found your evaluation somewhat unfair. Nevertheless, I will genuinely consider it so that we can possibly improve in future versions of Our Home.

Thank you for dedicating your time to Our Home. Until next time.

CaballeroOne

May 18, 2018
Hi! A newbie here. I hate the grinding in the sandbox games. Even some walkthroughs are completly useless. So, before dowloading this game, I have a simple question: is decent this sandbox, I mean, ZERO (or almost) grinding? Thanks in advance!

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Hi! A newbie here. I hate the grinding in the sandbox games. Even some walkthroughs are completly useless. So, before dowloading this game, I have a simple question: is decent this sandbox, I mean, ZERO (or almost) grinding? Thanks in advance!
ZERO GRIND
And, there is an option to play a vn Mode with very few point and click.

Reactions: CaballeroOne

Jcompt

Sep 24, 2017
This is promising to be an incredible game. Story is excellent, renders are fantastic (even in the compressed form), production show a great cinematic experience. I will be looking forward to further updates.

As for the relationship menu, i found it confusing. Here is what i propose instead of the variable names, which should make customizing relationship much easier

x is Y's:
x calls Y

Which is the common way other developers use to make things easier

Reactions: OldHiccup
3.90 star(s) 17 Votes