Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anime_junkie

Jun 18, 2017
lol can someone please message me the relations of these characters i tried doing it before starting the game and ended up messing up several

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
lol can someone please message me the relations of these characters i tried doing it before starting the game and ended up messing up several

Let me make sure I've got this right: you attempted to influence relationships to progress the narrative, correct? Was that your approach? lmao

Just a heads-up, Our Home isn't about grinding. Randomly altering relationship dynamics can actually lead to more complications. Keep in mind that maintaining a natural flow is key!

anime_junkie

Jun 18, 2017
Let me make sure I've got this right: you attempted to influence relationships to progress the narrative, correct? Was that your approach? lmao

Just a heads-up, Our Home isn't about grinding. Randomly altering relationship dynamics can actually lead to more complications. Keep in mind that maintaining a natural flow is key!
No i mean how are they related to each other in the option to change things from tenant or landlady i botched that really good

Reactions: OldHiccup

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Hmm why does MC say(thoughts) he found some underwear too and he kept them as a memento and he hopes she dosent notice, when you never took any underwear?

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Hmm why does MC say(thoughts) he found some underwear too and he kept them as a memento and he hopes she dosent notice, when you never took any underwear?
Due to the presence of an error, it was up to the game to check whether the MC had actually collected the panties. This part of the code is not implemented, I will resolve this issue in the next updates.

365 others

Aug 31, 2022
Where do I find Mirella? I completed what seems to be most of the main arc, but to meet Emily I need to find Mirella first. I've been clicking on every location without ever finding her, on all day times.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Where do I find Mirella? I completed what seems to be most of the main arc, but to meet Emily I need to find Mirella first. I've been clicking on every location without ever finding her, on all day times.

Emily and Mirella's events are interspersed, so to find Mirella, you need to go to Emily's profile, and there you will find a hint as to where the events are triggered.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

365 others

Aug 31, 2022
Emily and Mirella's events are interspersed, so to find Mirella, you need to go to Emily's profile, and there you will find a hint as to where the events are triggered.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Got it now. I'm sorry, I got confused with the "On development" message when entering the location regularly. Now I know I have to be there on a specific day and hour and it triggers the event.

So far I've been loving the story, btw. Love how each character has its depth and motives.

• Red Heart

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Got it now. I'm sorry, I got confused with the "On development" message when entering the location regularly. Now I know I have to be there on a specific day and hour and it triggers the event.

So far I've been loving the story, btw. Love how each character has its depth and motives.
We're currently in the development phase, finalizing the creation of Emily's house. Soon, you'll be able to enter her home, where you'll find Emily engaged in her daily activities. Additionally, events will now be triggered from within her house, adding a new layer to the gameplay.

I'm delighted to hear that you've noticed and are appreciating the depth we're bringing to each character. Our aim is indeed to convey a sense of realism and complexity in every character's storyline.

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Why im having something like polen flowers flying all over my screen?:unsure:
When i hide the textbox its gone. Something on settings?

Last edited:

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Why im having something like polen flowers flying all over my screen?:unsure:
When i hide the textbox its gone. Something on settings?
This is just a visual feature, which I may make optional in the future, to give the feeling that there is always some dust on the screen.

365 others

Aug 31, 2022
We're currently in the development phase, finalizing the creation of Emily's house. Soon, you'll be able to enter her home, where you'll find Emily engaged in her daily activities. Additionally, events will now be triggered from within her house, adding a new layer to the gameplay.

I'm delighted to hear that you've noticed and are appreciating the depth we're bringing to each character. Our aim is indeed to convey a sense of realism and complexity in every character's storyline.
If I can offer a small suggestion, it would be about how you present the hints to progress in the story and side stories. I got lost between the lightbulb to ask for hints and then having to enter the relationships menu to click the characters to see the side story hints.

Loved how you are making the MC to develop his character and story, but now I hate I have to wait to see what happens next!

• Red Heart

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
If I can offer a small suggestion, it would be about how you present the hints to progress in the story and side stories. I got lost between the lightbulb to ask for hints and then having to enter the relationships menu to click the characters to see the side story hints.

Loved how you are making the MC to develop his character and story, but now I hate I have to wait to see what happens next!
I'm considering enhancements for our hint system, as it sometimes leads to confusion. Rest assured, it will be more user-friendly in the next version.

We release monthly updates for our supporters, while public versions are rolled out semi-annually. Therefore, if you're not able to support us at the moment, you might have to wait a bit longer for these updates to become available publicly.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
JackMiejov

I appreciate the time and effort you've put into sharing your evaluation. It's important to address each point raised to foster a constructive and enriching dialogue.

General: I understand the importance of being well-informed before evaluating a game, especially when there is open and detailed communication about its development. Regarding renderings, as I mentioned on my Patreon, the initial ones will be enhanced due to the evolution of my technical skills and hardware resources. The game development process is complex and requires careful strategy, especially when it comes to balancing the creation of new content with the improvement of existing ones. This demands time and financial investment.

Story: Regarding the "holes" in the narrative, I'd like to clarify that the journey of the main character, recently out of an orphanage, is gradual and realistic. One cannot expect him to discover everything instantly. The plot unfolds over time, respecting the complexity and depth of the character.

Writing: About your mentioning the quality of the writing. The proofreading are done by a native English speaker, ensuring that the translation is not mechanical. The feature to report translation issues is an initiative we value, recognizing the linguistic diversity of players. I also appreciate your observation about the non-translatable parts of the game. As mentioned, there is a website available for suggestions of corrections of others texts. There is a message in the game about this, it is important to find out before criticizing some points harshly.

Renderings: As already addressed, we are in a continuous process of improving renderings, balancing resources and quality.

Animation: I understand your expectations regarding animations. Due to technical and resource limitations, there are challenges in creating complex animations and optimizing rendering time.

Sound: About sound, the volume adjustment option is available to customize the auditory experience. The rating of 2/5 for something you consider above average seems a bit strict. Creating original sounds is a time-consuming and costly process, due to music copyright issues.

Pros and Cons: I acknowledge your criticisms of the sandbox mode. The VN mode option was developed with the diversity of player preferences in mind.

Regarding the continuity error, it's not easy to remember and align every event. One needs to stay vigilant about what has been done and what has not, especially as things are developed at different times. I try to be mindful of this, and there are MANY instances where I manage it quite well. This error is something you could have simply communicated to me, and I would have corrected it.

I find it extremely exaggerated that you only found two good points in the entire game. Honestly, it's hard to believe.

I sincerely value active participation, and every point you raised in your evaluation could have been shared as a comment. This would have been greatly helpful, and it would have provided an opportunity for you to clarify any doubts directly with me. I regret that I haven't met your expectations, but I truly wish for a more collaborative approach, especially considering my commitment to being a partner to everyone here.

Last edited:

JackMiejov

May 20, 2021
The proofreading are done by a native English speaker, ensuring that the translation is not mechanical.
The way it reads, it really doesn't seem like your proofreader is a native English speaker. However, I know just a little about translation as my wife is a professional translator. So, I'm guessing you are using a machine translation and the problem is that your native-English-speaking proofreader is just doing a poor job, because, fixing machine translations to actually sound natural is a lot of work.

Call me crazy but, your writing in this post reads better than literally anything in the game, so... what gives?

The rating of 2/5 for something you consider above average seems a bit strict.
The menu/map pop/click sounds were literally piercing to my ears, and that affected my perception of the game's sound. The only way to turn down the volume of those sounds was to turn down the volume of all sound effects (i.e., everything but music), or am I missing something? If those are the only sound effect in the game, then no problem, but I'm pretty sure there are others.

I reviewed based on the current state of the game. I will play subsequent updates and update the review accordingly to the latest state of the game on every update.

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
Was wondering can you pick who you want to have sex with in this game?
I dont see a harem tag so wondering if you can pick one and stay faithfull? i mean just doing quests gain relationship points in many cases, which leads me to belive you wont have a choice since you have to do quests with everyone.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes