Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Was wondering can you pick who you want to have sex with in this game?
I dont see a harem tag so wondering if you can pick one and stay faithfull? i mean just doing quests gain relationship points in many cases, which leads me to belive you wont have a choice since you have to do quests with everyone.

The decision to remain loyal in the game is quite subjective; the options are nuanced and become evident just before you make your choice. For instance, consider a scenario where a girl in a towel asks you whether you want to stay or leave. While there's a context to this scene, it's clear that it's a moment where something significant could occur.

Typically, sex scenes in the game always provide an opportunity for you to make a choice before things progress further.
Loyalty is a theme that is specific to each character and their respective storylines.

1702898013522.png

Reactions: MikeyBurger

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
The decision to remain loyal in the game is quite subjective; the options are nuanced and become evident just before you make your choice. For instance, consider a scenario where a girl in a towel asks you whether you want to stay or leave. While there's a context to this scene, it's clear that it's a moment where something significant could occur.

Typically, sex scenes in the game always provide an opportunity for you to make a choice before things progress further.
Loyalty is a theme that is specific to each character and their respective storylines.

View attachment 3184359
Well thats good, was wondering since i just showered with the maid without a choice but aslong as you can say no before it goes to far that helps.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Well thats good, was wondering since i just showered with the maid without a choice but aslong as you can say no before it goes to far that helps.
This particular event with Marta is an outlier, as your involvement is driven by the need to help her due to her burned hands. There's a specific sequence that you must follow to progress in the scenes with her. Therefore, fundamentally, it's not a sexual encounter but rather an act of assistance, such as helping with taking a shower.

If anything seems unusual or if you think a choice should be available, please let me know.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
The way it reads, it really doesn't seem like your proofreader is a native English speaker. However, I know just a little about translation as my wife is a professional translator. So, I'm guessing you are using a machine translation and the problem is that your native-English-speaking proofreader is just doing a poor job, because, fixing machine translations to actually sound natural is a lot of work.

Call me crazy but, your writing in this post reads better than literally anything in the game, so... what gives?

The menu/map pop/click sounds were literally piercing to my ears, and that affected my perception of the game's sound. The only way to turn down the volume of those sounds was to turn down the volume of all sound effects (i.e., everything but music), or am I missing something? If those are the only sound effect in the game, then no problem, but I'm pretty sure there are others.

I reviewed based on the current state of the game. I will play subsequent updates and update the review accordingly to the latest state of the game on every update.
I genuinely can't speak harshly about my proofreader, as I believe he does an excellent job, especially considering that he does it without charging me anything. Perhaps your wife earn some income as a professional translator, while he dedicates part of his time to community work, helping me deliver better quality. And when it comes to a community, this is what I expect from most players. Likely, the texts that are poorly written are those from the part that will be redone. He didn't revise that section, and it wouldn't be worth it for him to review it now, as many of those dialogues have already been rewritten.

Regarding the writing process of the game, for the English text, I write the scripts in English, and he revises them. I don't use a machine to translate into English, but I'm not proficient in English. I have some knowledge and am gradually improving. As I said, my English has improved a lot since the prologue was written, and it will be revised.

I understand your concern about revisiting your review, and I would like to address this feedback when the corrections occur in a way that benefits everyone. I believe that a detailed analysis can be valuable, helping to enhance the game and provide a more rewarding experience for players. However, it is important to strike a balance so as not to discourage other players or deter potential financial supporters due to excessive criticism.

For example, what you mentioned the scrollbar.

There are three ways you can use the scrollbar: you can use the scrollbar itself to scroll through the content, click on the content to scroll, or you can simply use the mouse scroll wheel.

python_Fekjq9rbvM.gif

I won't mention each point individually, but after reviewing your feedback, it seems to me that you aimed to include as many details as possible in your evaluation of the negative aspects, meticulously assessing each aspect and seeking out everything that displeased you. Including the same point multiple times, which expanded your list of negative aspects.

Last edited:

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
MikesDK

First, thank you for your evaluation. Like with other reviews, I will try to address each point individually.

I believe that an evaluation based on personal tastes is complex to extract actionable improvements from. I won't change my characters due to your personal preference, so this information is irrelevant for the analysis. Before playing, I offer various images that showcase the character's traits. If you don't like girls with certain features, perhaps it's best not to play. Making an evaluation based on your personal taste in characters should be more of a casual conversation among friends.

Regarding the dialogues and their depth, I have addressed this in my earlier comments. Please take a look, as it might help with your analysis of the game.

About your analysis of fetishes and how characters are portrayed, the game doesn't force you to follow any particular route. On the contrary, in the example you mentioned, I make it VERY clear whether to follow Marta's route or not. If you don't like her, then don't do anything for her. I will point out the exact moment you made the decision to help her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regarding the dialogues of the (MC) and his maturity, it seems you might not have fully connected with the story. He is a young man who left the orphanage just a few weeks ago, so it's unrealistic to expect him to have the mindset of a fully mature adult. His maturity develops over time. Connecting with the story is important to avoid making an evaluation that doesn't align with the reality.

The sandbox in Our Home is not about grinding, so I won't make my players work and farm money unnecessarily. The job aspect is there to support the plot and nothing beyond that.

As for the hints, if you're already on a mission, why should I give you more hints? What kind of tip would be useful - to click the mouse and keep advancing? That seems redundant. I'm not writing this game for a 5-year-old; it's intended for adults.

Once you're on a mission, you don't need any hints, just read the dialogue and follow the story. There are other aspects of the game that need improvement, as pointed out by other colleagues, and I will work on making access to hints a bit easier.

About your feedback on content vs game time, read here. https://f95zone.to/threads/our-home-v2-12-1-old-hiccup.87718/post-12445470
(I am developing Our Home constantly under financial constraints. I spend more than I earn and release it for free. In light of this, I hope for a bit more gratitude for at least continuing to deliver something.)

To be honest, I couldn't extract many actionable points from your evaluation, as it seems more related to your personal taste than to aspects that I could or would want to change. However, I still appreciate that you played the game and took the time to provide your feedback.

Last edited:

365 others

Aug 31, 2022
I'm considering enhancements for our hint system, as it sometimes leads to confusion. Rest assured, it will be more user-friendly in the next version.

We release monthly updates for our supporters, while public versions are rolled out semi-annually. Therefore, if you're not able to support us at the moment, you might have to wait a bit longer for these updates to become available publicly.
How long in gameplay/reading hours are the monthly updates? It does sound interesting, although to be honest I usually tend to wait for large updates, as there are developers that deliver updates with barely 3 - 5 minutes in length.

Reactions: OldHiccup

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
How long in gameplay/reading hours are the monthly updates? It does sound interesting, although to be honest I usually tend to wait for large updates, as there are developers that deliver updates with barely 3 - 5 minutes in length.

I was doing some calculations, and our average reading time per update falls between 20 minutes and 30 minutes for each one. There are two ways to evaluate this, based on our tester's feedback and based on the average number of words read per person.

Typically, for each update since January, we've been creating between 240 and 400 renders. The renders for Our Home are unique for each dialogue, so usually, the number of dialogues will be the same as the number of images.

Each update is roughly equivalent to one mission, whether it's for a secondary character or the MC. Given that you've played it, you can get an idea of the size.

I'm not sure if I managed to clear up your doubt. Please let me know if you have any remaining questions.

By the way, the game will continue to be made available here. So, if you feel that the investment isn't worth it, you have the option to wait for the release here or wait for several versions to be released and then purchase it after accumulating some updates.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
From now on, I will be less active in online interactions here, as I'll be focusing on the release of the next version of the game. It seems that matters here are not urgent, as the current version appears to be stable.

Should you need anything, I am available here or on my Discord.

Reactions: WakamoSato

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/place/police/police.rpy", line 10, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/class/Manager.rpy", line 59, in free_roam
Exception: Screen the_interrogation_room_police is not known.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/game_loop.rpyc", line 59, in script call
  File "scripts/place/police/police.rpyc", line 10, in script
  File "J:\01_MYFAV_PPREG\Ourhome-2.12.0-pc\Ourhome-2.12.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "J:\01_MYFAV_PPREG\Ourhome-2.12.0-pc\Ourhome-2.12.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/place/police/police.rpy", line 10, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/class/Manager.rpy", line 59, in free_roam
  File "J:\01_MYFAV_PPREG\Ourhome-2.12.0-pc\Ourhome-2.12.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 3322, in call_screen
    show_screen(_screen_name, _transient=True, *args, **kwargs)
  File "J:\01_MYFAV_PPREG\Ourhome-2.12.0-pc\Ourhome-2.12.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 1220, in show_screen
    raise Exception("Screen %s is not known.\n" % (name[0],))
Exception: Screen the_interrogation_room_police is not known.

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.0.23051307
Our Home 2.12.0
Mon Dec 18 09:37:26 2023

OldHiccup constant errors after the guy gets hit with the car, ignore doesn't stop it. Playing in VN mode
Hi, this error has been fixed in version 2.12.1 available for download.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Vortex@

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
Hi, this error has been fixed in version 2.12.1 available for download.
Still getting errors after the new update, missing images. I'll attach the pic. It's stuck on that screen now. Can't play any farther

Last edited:

MikesDK

Apr 10, 2023
MikesDK

First, thank you for your evaluation. Like with other reviews, I will try to address each point individually.

I believe that an evaluation based on personal tastes is complex to extract actionable improvements from. I won't change my characters due to your personal preference, so this information is irrelevant for the analysis. Before playing, I offer various images that showcase the character's traits. If you don't like girls with certain features, perhaps it's best not to play. Making an evaluation based on your personal taste in characters should be more of a casual conversation among friends.

Regarding the dialogues and their depth, I have addressed this in my earlier comments. Please take a look, as it might help with your analysis of the game.

About your analysis of fetishes and how characters are portrayed, the game doesn't force you to follow any particular route. On the contrary, in the example you mentioned, I make it VERY clear whether to follow Marta's route or not. If you don't like her, then don't do anything for her. I will point out the exact moment you made the decision to help her.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Regarding the dialogues of the (MC) and his maturity, it seems you might not have fully connected with the story. He is a young man who left the orphanage just a few weeks ago, so it's unrealistic to expect him to have the mindset of a fully mature adult. His maturity develops over time. Connecting with the story is important to avoid making an evaluation that doesn't align with the reality.

The sandbox in Our Home is not about grinding, so I won't make my players work and farm money unnecessarily. The job aspect is there to support the plot and nothing beyond that.

As for the hints, if you're already on a mission, why should I give you more hints? What kind of tip would be useful - to click the mouse and keep advancing? That seems redundant. I'm not writing this game for a 5-year-old; it's intended for adults.

Once you're on a mission, you don't need any hints, just read the dialogue and follow the story. There are other aspects of the game that need improvement, as pointed out by other colleagues, and I will work on making access to hints a bit easier.

About your feedback on content vs game time, read here. https://f95zone.to/threads/our-home-v2-12-1-old-hiccup.87718/post-12445470
(I am developing Our Home constantly under financial constraints. I spend more than I earn and release it for free. In light of this, I hope for a bit more gratitude for at least continuing to deliver something.)

To be honest, I couldn't extract many actionable points from your evaluation, as it seems more related to your personal taste than to aspects that I could or would want to change. However, I still appreciate that you played the game and took the time to provide your feedback.
All reviews is about personal taste and how people experince a game, my experince was that it wasent for me which my review will reflect.

I dont mind games having girls with big or huge tits but still think there should be a better diversity in builds instend of a focusing on a single fetish and to me it gets annoying to have them trown in your face 5 millions times when its something i personaly hate and i find it very childish as well, maybe if target audience was 10-14 years olds i could understand it but for grown ups not so much, if he will grow in maturity thats great but if it happens at end game its to late.

As to what you could change would be make a look/peek option instend of none stop zoom in on big tits, and maybe not show them top loss all the time, like when the mother faints talking to cops they pop out, to me its just feels really silly and stupid and adds to that childish feeling for the game.
Not that i would ever expect a Dev to change anything and i would never ask either, its your game and you shouldent let anyone get on your nerves including me, people has diffrent tastes and you will never satisfy everyone, its extreemly rare to see games with no bad reviews.

Personaly i would love to see more VNs with MCs that dosent have a kids mindset thinking everything that walks is hot and insted let the players/readers think for them selfs if they think someone is hot or not, another option would be to wait with that kind of thoughts untill a player/reader shows interrest in a LI.
Alot of players like to think of them selfs in the shoes of the MC to make it more immersive, so when MC has thought like "damn shes hot" when reader think shes ugle as hell, it just makes it impossible to be in MCs shoes.

For the hints in active quest, well when MC said ill go get the medic kit, i overlooked the closet so took me to much time to find, sure its my faulth for not noticing the closet button in the room when i was there but still its not MCs house so how would he even know where to look, maybe just maybe he should have asked the maid where it was located to get her help as fast as possible....pretty sure she dident say anything about where it was but sure i could have missed some text but dont think i did.

About content and financial constraints, you should consider steam since there are more people with big tit fetish then not, and since game clearly is aimed at that you might as well make full use of it and make more money on it so you wont be in financial constraints or atleast help with that.
I do support a few games on patron, well mostly subscribestar now due to patron being idiots but i get how it can be hard for some to make games like this and in my eyes they shouldent even be free to start with considering the work devs like your self put into them, everyone should atleast pay 1$ or 5$ for any game after playing a intro/demo/chap 1 that would help alot of games grow faster.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

365 others

Aug 31, 2022
I was doing some calculations, and our average reading time per update falls between 20 minutes and 30 minutes for each one. There are two ways to evaluate this, based on our tester's feedback and based on the average number of words read per person.

Typically, for each update since January, we've been creating between 240 and 400 renders. The renders for Our Home are unique for each dialogue, so usually, the number of dialogues will be the same as the number of images.

Each update is roughly equivalent to one mission, whether it's for a secondary character or the MC. Given that you've played it, you can get an idea of the size.

I'm not sure if I managed to clear up your doubt. Please let me know if you have any remaining questions.

By the way, the game will continue to be made available here. So, if you feel that the investment isn't worth it, you have the option to wait for the release here or wait for several versions to be released and then purchase it after accumulating some updates.
I never said it's not worthy. On the contrary, pretty much I'm sold. I use my scarce fun money for supporting devs, so I try to help/get the most out of each subscription, hence trying to invest in developers with constant activity and good games.

• Red Heart

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I never said it's not worthy. On the contrary, pretty much I'm sold. I use my scarce fun money for supporting devs, so I try to help/get the most out of each subscription, hence trying to invest in developers with constant activity and good games.
I apologize if I wasn't clear earlier. What I meant was about the value and advantage of waiting for a certain number of evaluations before investing money. Some players prefer, for instance, to buy a version after three months because it's more financially viable, and I think that's completely understandable. I fully comprehend each individual's financial situation and I perfectly understand that you liked the game and would support it financially if you could.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
All reviews is about personal taste and how people experince a game, my experince was that it wasent for me which my review will reflect.

I dont mind games having girls with big or huge tits but still think there should be a better diversity in builds instend of a focusing on a single fetish and to me it gets annoying to have them trown in your face 5 millions times when its something i personaly hate and i find it very childish as well, maybe if target audience was 10-14 years olds i could understand it but for grown ups not so much, if he will grow in maturity thats great but if it happens at end game its to late.

As to what you could change would be make a look/peek option instend of none stop zoom in on big tits, and maybe not show them top loss all the time, like when the mother faints talking to cops they pop out, to me its just feels really silly and stupid and adds to that childish feeling for the game.
Not that i would ever expect a Dev to change anything and i would never ask either, its your game and you shouldent let anyone get on your nerves including me, people has diffrent tastes and you will never satisfy everyone, its extreemly rare to see games with no bad reviews.

Personaly i would love to see more VNs with MCs that dosent have a kids mindset thinking everything that walks is hot and insted let the players/readers think for them selfs if they think someone is hot or not, another option would be to wait with that kind of thoughts untill a player/reader shows interrest in a LI.
Alot of players like to think of them selfs in the shoes of the MC to make it more immersive, so when MC has thought like "damn shes hot" when reader think shes ugle as hell, it just makes it impossible to be in MCs shoes.

For the hints in active quest, well when MC said ill go get the medic kit, i overlooked the closet so took me to much time to find, sure its my faulth for not noticing the closet button in the room when i was there but still its not MCs house so how would he even know where to look, maybe just maybe he should have asked the maid where it was located to get her help as fast as possible....

About content and financial constraints, you should consider steam since there are more people with big tit fetish then not, and since game clearly is aimed at that you might as well make full use of it and make more money on it so you wont be in financial constraints or atleast help with that.
I do support a few games on patron, well mostly subscribestar now due to patron being idiots but i get how it can be hard for some to make games like this and in my eyes they shouldent even be free to start with considering the work devs like your self put into them, everyone should atleast pay 1$ or 5$ for any game after playing a intro/demo/chap 1 that would help alot of games grow faster.

Thank you for kindly clarifying your points further. I will pay more attention to some of the issues you mentioned. Most of the time, I should be able to make improvements.

Reactions: MikesDK

Bnshy

Nov 20, 2021
I can't seem to run into Emily for some reason.
I clicked on all possible places for the MC to walk around town to run into her on Saturday.
can some one help me out.

Somnay

Jan 29, 2018
Sorry, it didn't work for you. Odd, I have not had any issues with any of the in game features...which gave me no errors at all.
And I normally use 0x52_URM tool to edit points, etc...with all my Re'py titles. ("alt and m" to open the 0x52_URM tool's search function, and searched for landlady, roommate, and tenant. I then change them to sister (tenant), sisters (tenants/roommates), as well landlady to mom and or mother.)
Yeah same for me, using the '0x52_URM' I get 'Exception ERRORS' and game doesn't start! I'll just have to take a guess at relationships for all characters and hope the dialogue doesn't look too weird!

Skads

King of Cunts
Donor
Aug 27, 2016
First time you get to text Nora in the game it's coming up in Italian despite everything so far being in English. Given that i don't know Italian, i have no fucking clue what is being said.
1703121023108.png

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes