Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uddu

Mar 11, 2022
Hello, Great game so far and I like how the dev is actively replying and communicating with everyone.
I have finished everything in the game (sandbox mode) but am yet to find Scarlett's scene.
Also, can someone help me find the first secret image of Norah?

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: OldHiccup

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
First time you get to text Nora in the game it's coming up in Italian despite everything so far being in English. Given that i don't know Italian, i have no fucking clue what is being said.
View attachment 3191312
Hey, this wasn't supposed to happen. I'll look into it and see if I can stop it from happening again. I've sent you the messages so you can see what's going on.

1703199468022.png

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Hello, Great game so far and I like how the dev is actively replying and communicating with everyone.
I have finished everything in the game (sandbox mode) but am yet to find Scarlett's scene.
Also, can someone help me find the first secret image of Norah?

The scene with Scarlett is an option you can choose during the mission in Danielle's route.

As for the secret scene with Norah, this specific image can be obtained in free-roam mode. You find it while searching for the medical kit for Marta.

In summary, some scenes and images are more challenging to unlock than others

Reactions: Uddu

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Oh, great that I saw a notification for this game.

I just wanted to leave a FYI, about a bug that made me delete the game. I was playing in the "VN" mode so as it is categorized as a lesser experience, it was probably why it wasn't important enough to fix. So, after the MC deals with the robber, the scene moves to what I presume is a Police interrogation, I've never seen it, the game enters in a cycle of errors that only allows one option: Quit.

I tried 2 times. Since I am completely uninterested in the Sandbox version, the game went away.

As I said, I don't need anything, just to leave notice of this bug. Do with it what you feel right.

Peace :)

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Oh, great that I saw a notification for this game.

I just wanted to leave a FYI, about a bug that made me delete the game. I was playing in the "VN" mode so as it is categorized as a lesser experience, it was probably why it wasn't important enough to fix. So, after the MC deals with the robber, the scene moves to what I presume is a Police interrogation, I've never seen it, the game enters in a cycle of errors that only allows one option: Quit.

I tried 2 times. Since I am completely uninterested in the Sandbox version, the game went away.

As I said, I don't need anything, just to leave notice of this bug. Do with it what you feel right.

Peace :)
I've taken note that some players have successfully bypassed this problem by starting a new game in sandbox mode and then activating VN mode After entering the police station interrogation scene, as VN mode can be toggled on and off at any stage.

I haven't been able to replicate the problem myself yet, I'm committed to resolving it before the new version

Still, thank you so much for taking the time to let me know about this in a comment. I hope I can resolve this soon, and that you can experience Our House in the future.

I can also fix your save if you want to try. I did this with another player who had the same problem.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I've taken note that some players have successfully bypassed this problem by starting a new game in sandbox mode and then activating VN mode After entering the police station interrogation scene, as VN mode can be toggled on and off at any stage.

I haven't been able to replicate the problem myself yet, I'm committed to resolving it before the new version

Still, thank you so much for taking the time to let me know about this in a comment. I hope I can resolve this soon, and that you can experience Our House in the future.

I can also fix your save if you want to try. I did this with another player who had the same problem.
Look, I understand that you like your work and that you are proud of it. To a point, I even agree with you.

The thing is... it is a sandbox. There's an option to turn off mini games, yet, I still get mini games. There's an option to turn it into a VN, yet it is still a sandbox interface. You say it isn't a grind, but how can I know if it isn't if at the second scene it crashes... and your solution is: to move to sandbox.

You are belaboring in a wrong assumption I think. A VN is NOT a badly coded or limited sandbox. In fact, it is nothing sandbox. It is a streamlined experience, with choices in KEY moments (not every second step) and that doesn't require the player to move between rooms to chase where the content may be.

I didn't try the sandbox, because I detest everything about them, from the need to be looking for the content by clicking in the right room at the right time, from managing this or that for no reason at all but to pretend that it is necessary to be doing something stupid to kill the time, from the content itself that is episodic and HAS to be repeated in a certain order... I simply got fed with this after the first one and I've tried several...

By your words, it seemed that you were doing something original, something different, I wanted to give it a chance, I am always happy to be pleasantly surprised. I wasn't. Not original, not different. Just more of the same, but worse... it didn't even work.

I understand that this clearly is NOT for me, and only wanted to give a heads up about the bug.

If you ever build something with a real VN interface, I'll give it a try, but calling a non-working lobotomized version of sandbox, a VN is really a bit much and if I didn't already disliked sandbox, that duplicity alone was enough to put me off your game.

Please understand, I have nothing against you or your game, that may even be amazing, I am simply absolutely tired and bored with the sameness of ALL Sandbox "games". Seriously let it die already. If you have a story to tell, great, tell it. When you don't, you do a sandbox, I guess...

Peace :(

Uddu

Mar 11, 2022
The scene with Scarlett is an option you can choose during the mission in Danielle's route.

As for the secret scene with Norah, this specific image can be obtained in free-roam mode. You find it while searching for the medical kit for Marta.

Thanks for the reply. I have found the scene and for the image, still cannot find it. I'll give up o_O for now and try again in the next update.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Look, I understand that you like your work and that you are proud of it. To a point, I even agree with you.

The thing is... it is a sandbox. There's an option to turn off mini games, yet, I still get mini games. There's an option to turn it into a VN, yet it is still a sandbox interface. You say it isn't a grind, but how can I know if it isn't if at the second scene it crashes... and your solution is: to move to sandbox.

You are belaboring in a wrong assumption I think. A VN is NOT a badly coded or limited sandbox. In fact, it is nothing sandbox. It is a streamlined experience, with choices in KEY moments (not every second step) and that doesn't require the player to move between rooms to chase where the content may be.

I didn't try the sandbox, because I detest everything about them, from the need to be looking for the content by clicking in the right room at the right time, from managing this or that for no reason at all but to pretend that it is necessary to be doing something stupid to kill the time, from the content itself that is episodic and HAS to be repeated in a certain order... I simply got fed with this after the first one and I've tried several...

By your words, it seemed that you were doing something original, something different, I wanted to give it a chance, I am always happy to be pleasantly surprised. I wasn't. Not original, not different. Just more of the same, but worse... it didn't even work.

I understand that this clearly is NOT for me, and only wanted to give a heads up about the bug.

If you ever build something with a real VN interface, I'll give it a try, but calling a non-working lobotomized version of sandbox, a VN is really a bit much and if I didn't already disliked sandbox, that duplicity alone was enough to put me off your game.

Please understand, I have nothing against you or your game, that may even be amazing, I am simply absolutely tired and bored with the sameness of ALL Sandbox "games". Seriously let it die already. If you have a story to tell, great, tell it. When you don't, you do a sandbox, I guess...

Peace :(
Firstly, thank you once again for taking the time to write.
I believe I can enhance the VN mode experience based on some of the things you've shared with me.
It's unfortunate that I wasn't able to surprise you, but I'll keep working on it to improve in that aspect.

Reactions: FatGiant
Dec 14, 2021

Russian Russian is why to add if the game is not completely in Russian, I can't write the name of the main character of the game, but I have to write in English your mother

Blackcloverlol

Sep 27, 2023
Hello great game overall, had some doubts at first but looks like its heading in a great direction !

Any hints on how to get the 3rd Marta scene please ? I tried the 3 activities with her multiple times but it always ends the same way.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Hello great game overall, had some doubts at first but looks like its heading in a great direction !

Any hints on how to get the 3rd Marta scene please ? I tried the 3 activities with her multiple times but it always ends the same way.
I'll tell you this secret, but it's crucial that you don't tell anyone else, hahaha. In mission 2 with Marta, there's a specific sequence that you need to follow precisely to truly excite the marten and make her crazy about you...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Love
Reactions: WakamoSato

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
DEV LOG #48 (DECEMBER RELEASE)

dev-log.jpg

Reactions: WakamoSato

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
New release: Our Home (2.13.0)

Happy Holidays !!!!
(In this version we resolved some of the points present in the reviews, I will detail what was done in the public version.)

new_release.jpg

Melanx0l1k

Feb 28, 2023
found a bug on macos version. I skip this pic with press tab. A new bug during the interrogation, the dialogue is repeated twice before Matilda takes the main character by the shoulder and after that

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 17 Votes