Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HoshiEx

Apr 25, 2020
something bothering me..did android compressed need the rpa file also?seems i cant get it running after allowed all the access.been force quit when click back.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
something bothering me..did android compressed need the rpa file also?seems i cant get it running after allowed all the access.seems been force quit when click back.

It shouldn't be necessary, but some Android 13 users have reported to me that they can't open the game, I'm trying to resolve this

HoshiEx

Apr 25, 2020
It shouldn't be necessary, but some Android 13 users have reported to me that they can't open the game, I'm trying to resolve this
well mine still in android 12..trying different download link and the same problem occurs.hope u can resolve it as soon as possible.thanks.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
well mine still in android 12..trying different download link and the same problem occurs.hope u can resolve it as soon as possible.thanks.
Before starting the game, clear all data from the old installation.

Reactions: OWSam000

Shovonahmed

Oct 30, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 170, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 732, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 750, in execute
  File "game/scripts/gui/custom_screens.rpy", line 345, in execute
  File "game/scripts/gui/custom_screens.rpy", line 346, in execute
  File "game/scripts/gui/custom_screens.rpy", line 347, in <module>
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ ui.interact()
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ ui.interact()
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3499, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda d : d.per_interact())
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 605, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 605, in visit_all
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in <lambda>
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Shovonahmed

Oct 30, 2020
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    $ ui.interact()
    $ ui.interact()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ ui.interact()
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ ui.interact()
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3499, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in interact_core
  [Previous line repeated 1 more time]
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 476, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3969, in <lambda>
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 487, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "F:\New folder (2)\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\Ourhome-2.12.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 680, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
when ever im trying to save or trying to go to the menu it ended up like this

LaShou23

Oct 9, 2023
What's the difference between the "original" and Vn mode? i tried the latter but it looked super sandboxy to me. I even quit the game and started again thinking that i have chosen the wrong mode... It's a shame since the game looks really interesting, but the sandbox mechanics ruined the experience for me.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
What's the difference between the "original" and Vn mode? i tried the latter but it looked super sandboxy to me. I even quit the game and started again thinking that i have chosen the wrong mode... It's a shame since the game looks really interesting, but the sandbox mechanics ruined the experience for me.
I'll try to explain in a simpler way how the sandbox mode and VN mode work in the game Our Home.

Sandbox Mode:

At first, the sandbox mode might seem like an open world with lots of repetitive tasks, but that's not what we want in Our Home.

In our game, the sandbox is divided into two parts: the main story and character events. The main story is about the main character (MC), while character events are individual stories that may or may not affect the main story, depending on the character's involvement with the MC.

Each secondary character has unique events in the sandbox mode, automatically triggered based on their location. You don't need to repeat any event to progress in the story. Character events are unique, just like the MC's events.

The sandbox free-roam allows you to get to know the characters better, ask questions, discover details not in the main story, and create a closer connection with them. These details don't stop story progress but bring you closer to the characters. However, these events require an initial approach in the main story to be available. We're working to improve the dynamic delivery by creating story events and actions within the sandbox.

For example, after completing a main story or character event, or meeting a character, you can find them at different times in their daily routine, ask more questions about things you saw during the mission, and learn extra details recorded in your character diary. This can help understand story details that might be between the lines.

In sandbox mode, you'll always know if you've interacted with a character or not, giving you total control without constantly wondering, "Did I talk to that character? Have I seen that new open-world interaction?"

Questions only pop up when you haven't seen them yet, and everything is recorded in your character diary. This makes it easy to remember things after taking a break from the game.

An advantage of the sandbox mode is that you can choose the event sequence, doing the main route first and then exploring alternative routes with the characters you prefer.

I know it might seem complex, but it's simpler than you think. I've included a screenshot with the character's view to help you better understand how things are organized. Most features are available in both modes.

1702771834875.png

1702772015597.png

1702772064271.png

VN Mode (Visual Novel):

Now, about the VN mode. This mode takes you directly to story events without the freedom of sandbox navigation. You progress linearly in each event, based on your choices.

An advantage is that if you're curious about something after completing all missions, you can turn off VN mode and explore the map after finishing the story. VN mode can be enabled and disabled at any time, with some limitations explained in the options menu.

In summary, in VN mode, you are automatically guided through story events, whether it's the MC's story or character events, without the need to navigate the map. (He takes you to each event one after the other.)

Certainly, like any VN, there will be times when you need to use point and click because programming that isn't a straightforward task. I work my magic to avoid having to create two separate games.

Last edited:

jo_attila

Dec 26, 2019
Hello...
since I am German, I will of course try the German translation...
I have played the game and surprisingly the dialogs are mostly without strange expressions, which indicates a possible good translation engine or has already been reworked...
However, one thing in particular was translated very badly...
In the settings, the return point (return, back) was translated as "Der Rücken"...
"Der Rücken" in German means the back (with spine) of a person...
it should say "zurück"...

Unfortunately, the translation in the quick menu at the bottom left is also incorrect...
at the lowest point...
there the return to the main menu is called "Speisekarte"...
So "Speisekarte" in German means a menu card in a restaurant...
please insert "Hauptmenu" there...

Otherwise the game seems quite promising...

Good luck with it...

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Hello...
since I am German, I will of course try the German translation...
I have played the game and surprisingly the dialogs are mostly without strange expressions, which indicates a possible good translation engine or has already been reworked...
However, one thing in particular was translated very badly...
In the settings, the return point (return, back) was translated as "Der Rücken"...
"Der Rücken" in German means the back (with spine) of a person...
it should say "zurück"...

Unfortunately, the translation in the quick menu at the bottom left is also incorrect...
at the lowest point...
there the return to the main menu is called "Speisekarte"...
So "Speisekarte" in German means a menu card in a restaurant...
please insert "Hauptmenu" there...

Otherwise the game seems quite promising...

Good luck with it...

We rely on the community's help for translation; our game has a feature that allows players to send suggestions for dialogue modifications in their respective languages while playing.

I know that sometimes some things might seem strange, and we count on you to improve that. I will take a look at the things you sent here.

For the next semester, we will dedicate ourselves to finding at least one proofreader for each language, in addition to relying on the community's help, of course

1702828091922.png

1702828056033.png

jo_attila

Dec 26, 2019
Ok...
I know there is a correction system there to let you know, but these translation errors are not in the text box, but in other translations...
I have no other way to communicate it to you if you are interested...

During the game, "Der Rücken" keeps popping up...
It's very irritating...
please change it to "Hauptmenu"...

Another translation error is to take "Ausfahrt" for "exit"...
"Ausfahrt" is only meant for vehicles...
For humans it is displayed as "Ausgang"...

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes