Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
When I load my save file it says "Game Version 1.0", but I have 2.1.6.

I also get this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/chaps/1/chap_1_4_the_aquila_assault.rpy", line 41, in <module>
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/chaps/1/chap_1_4_the_aquila_assault.rpyc", line 41, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/chaps/1/chap_1_4_the_aquila_assault.rpy", line 41, in <module>
File "renpy/python.py", line 992, in __getitem__
rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Our Home 2.1.6
Thu May 26 07:04:51 2022

If I reload my save and not touch anything but wait the LONG amount of time each screen takes to transition, I don't get the error. I have transitions turned OFF. So, your setting is not working properly. You need to fix the speed of image transitions. I am NOT setting here waiting for each and every one.
Hi, Thanks for feedback

You can send this save so you can analyze and try to take care of it, so that other saves don't break in the future?

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Cara, que game maravilhoso! Tudo é bom: a história, os belíssimos gráficos das mulheres e, principalmente, do humor brasileiro! Muito feliz de ter encontrado essa obra-prima! xD

Parabéns e aguardo ansiosamente pelas próximas versões! Ah! Minha personagem preferida é a Thaty, se puder dar uma ênfase nela hahaha Valeu!
Olá

Obrigado pelo feedback, vamos continuar trabalhando nas atualizações, e esse humor BR com certeza estará presente no jogo.

• Red Heart
Reactions: karioka19

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
We now have a better review of English.
Thank you, darkslayervergil, for your kindness in helping us.
We will try to maintain the quality for the next versions.

MJB

Jan 10, 2020
I just played through it again, and although the english has improved, many parts still read as though it's not edited by a native engish speaker. "...the office of Wilson" is still in there, and that line was already pointed out by someone in this thread earlier.

One suggestion I'd make is to flip the colours of the bar in the stabbing mini game. Put the red on the left and the green on the right, otherwise it's not going to be intuitive to most players.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
I just played through it again, and although the english has improved, many parts still read as though it's not edited by a native engish speaker. "...the office of Wilson" is still in there, and that line was already pointed out by someone in this thread earlier.

One suggestion I'd make is to flip the colours of the bar in the stabbing mini game. Put the red on the left and the green on the right, otherwise it's not going to be intuitive to most players.

Friend, in this case to help, I suggest that you now point out all the points that you think should be edited.

The person who proofread it is in theory an English speaker, so honestly speaking I don't know what else I can do to improve it.

The only way to solve it is to proofread it yourself.

Besides having one person reviewing I paid a professional to review the game and I found the review from the fellow community member better.

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Problems with the site. WALKTHROUGH Cant be accessed...

I detected the problem I will fix it as soon as possible.

You're having trouble with something? You can message me if you want.

In the next version of the game, the walkthrough will be completely in-game.

Reactions: WakamoSato

MikeyUK

Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
You need to click when the indicator reaches the end of the bar, it's a very simple minigame, you need to click when you're close to the end.
I played that scene but when I try to click on bar the game crashes
Traceback:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 114, in _window_auto_callback
_window_show(auto=True)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 69, in _window_show
renpy.with_statement(trans)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 106, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 110, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 123, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 123, in keywords
File "game/screens.rpy", line 124, in keywords
File "game/screens.rpy", line 125, in keywords
File "game/screens.rpy", line 125, in <module>
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 662, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 148, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "scripts/game_loop.rpyc", line 60, in script call
File "scripts/chaps/1/chap_1_4_the_aquila_assault.rpyc", line 18, in script
File "scripts/game_loop.rpyc", line 60, in script call
File "scripts/chaps/1/chap_1_4_the_aquila_assault.rpyc", line 18, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 689, in execute
statement_name(stmt_name)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 46, in statement_name
i(name)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 114, in _window_auto_callback
_window_show(auto=True)
File "renpy/common/000window.rpy", line 69, in _window_show
renpy.with_statement(trans)
File "renpy/exports.py", line 1684, in with_statement
return renpy.game.interface.do_with(trans, paired, clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2762, in do_with
clear=clear)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3325, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 436, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3737, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 447, in per_interact
self.update()
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 637, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/screens.rpy", line 110, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 123, in execute
File "game/screens.rpy", line 123, in keywords
File "game/screens.rpy", line 125, in keywords
File "game/screens.rpy", line 125, in <module>
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Our Home 2.1.7
Tue Nov 1 18:14:12 2022

✯Moliy✯

Oct 10, 2021

SR21.jpg

Hello everyone.

I know it may be that we seem to be missing, but rest assured the work has never stopped.

We're very close to finally the next release, so we'd like to share with you, everything we've built into this new version.

Before showing you everything, it's important to remember that I had to deal with a problem that was out of my control, especially with regard to knowledge of python and how python talks to renpy.

Making a game with a free roam layer requires a little more understanding about the tools, this makes development a little more complex.

In Our Home, we have two forms of progress, the MC's progress, and the secondary characters' progress, where the player will go to an MC or secondary characters route event, each secondary character has its own life, its own challenges, and not everything is centered on the MC, of
course, the main character of the plot is the MC, but it would be crazy to condition the whole life of a secondary character only to the MC. And no, here I am not referring to the secondary character having sex with other characters, none of that, we have to understand that not everything in a story is sex.

He will have a partial participation in the lives of the characters, and may or may not have some kind of relationship with the characters.

The problem I went through was precisely interspersing these secondary missions with main missions, considering that my primary code was not correctly predicting this type of situation.

And with that came several other problems that I had to solve, always trying not to break the previous save.

Fortunately, the save from the previous version will work correctly, but the save from version 1, the presentation version that ends in the heist, will not work in this new version.

The other problem I had to deal with was free roaming in the middle of an event, be it main or minor, so I had to develop an easy way to deal with that, where the character can navigate any building, even when inside an event. , but in an automated way, where naturally you can continue the event or continue in free roam mode. (At this stage there is no warning about exiting free roam mode, because the player will be able to rollback as soon as they realize they have exited free roam mode, but maybe I will implement a warning in the future.)

After whining my problems to you, let's move on.

- The game once again underwent several changes in its interface, I really wasn't very satisfied with the layout of the game, this is something that bothers me a lot, so it was practically completely redesigned, using a style called glasmorphism, now the elements of the game don't look like a Frankenstein everything is more harmonious.

001.jpg

- We have completely corrected the character's interaction with messages to other characters, so that now everything works correctly, giving the user the freedom to send messages whenever they want, as well as respond to messages as they want, without having to force the player to send a message before continuing playing, in addition, we corrected the behavior of the message list that previously forced the player to always scroll through all the messages to see the last one sent, and of course we completely changed the messages interface.

page.jpg

- While we're talking about the cell phone, we completely redesigned the cell phone, recreating practically all the screens from scratch, so that future implementations would be easy to manage.

003.jpg

- Still talking about the cell phone, we added the camera function to the cell phone, which takes real pictures, this way the player will be free to take pictures while playing, and you can take pictures of any moment of the game, and use these photos as wallpaper of the game. In the future we will use this resource for other purposes, to complement some mission, where the photo you take will not be a pre-rendered CG, but something more realistic.

004.jpg

- Still talking about the cell phone, we added two more apps, where you can have quick access to the secret image gallery and also replays of scenes by character.

- Talking about replays and scenes and gallery of secret images, we inserted in the game, in specific places, secret images that can be found in free roam mode or in specific events, giving more activity to the player, while he is browsing the game.

005.jpg

006.jpg

- We have completely fixed the game's inventory, creating another GUI, and also fixing some issues.

007.jpg

- We have implemented a resource for hints, where it will be possible to quickly receive a hint which step the player needs to take to continue the game, which will work as follows. (1 - The game will show events related to the main progress as a priority.)

008.jpg

- We also developed a screen with information about all the characters who have already had a relationship with the MC to the point of having their phone number in the contact list.

This screen will present basic information about the character such as name, what he likes and what he doesn't like, and this will be important for making decisions in the mc within the game.

In addition, it presents a small text that shows how the MC sees this character, in addition to a list of hints for missions with this character.

009.jpg

- Talking a little bit now about non-programming. We completely redesigned the lake, which is an important part of the game, the lake looked very artificial and square, now it looks a little more natural.

We also made some changes to the map, which will not be visible in this version.

In addition, we built 2 new environments, a small apartment where the character Juliana lives, and also a house where Emily lives, these places can be visited in the next version.

We made several corrections to characters, from appearance to corrections to clothes, hair, character names.

- We saved perhaps our big change for last.
We know that language in a VN game is very important, and we received some feedback about the dialogues in the previous version, so we developed a feature where the player will be able to report dialogue errors while playing, regardless of whether it is the original language or a translation. In this way, the player reports an error when he finds it, and we will be able to analyze and correct it for the next update without the need for an external platform.
He will even be able to write a suggested change for the error found.
This will bring more quality and more languages, as with this feature we will make the game available in many languages, and players will be able to report bugs in their native language.

screenshot0037.png

I thank everyone who follows and cheers for the success of Our Home, thank you for your support. I'll be back soon with more news.

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021
Well, I read all 10 pages of comments, and after 5 or 6 pages, I expected a totally broken game, with abundant Engrish, throwing errors and chrashes constantly...

Just finished v2.2.2... No errors, no chrashes, saving and loading works fine. English is fine, only minor spelling mistakes and a few places where original language replaced the english. I've seen, and played FAR FAR worse games, with broken Engrish and errors.

Renders are good, posing is good, the maid is hot, the rest of the girls are hot, even had me laughing my ass of, when that guy at the mall, got beat up by the girl in the background.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. Obrigado.

• Love
Reactions: OldHiccup

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Well, I read all 10 pages of comments, and after 5 or 6 pages, I expected a totally broken game, with abundant Engrish, throwing errors and chrashes constantly...

Just finished v2.2.2... No errors, no chrashes, saving and loading works fine. English is fine, only minor spelling mistakes and a few places where original language replaced the english. I've seen, and played FAR FAR worse games, with broken Engrish and errors.

Renders are good, posing is good, the maid is hot, the rest of the girls are hot, even had me laughing my ass of, when that guy at the mall, got beat up by the girl in the background.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of this. Obrigado.
Thank you for reading all the comments and still not giving up on playing.

I am very happy that you are enjoying it, I have been working hard to read everything you say and make the game even better.

I hope to see you here in the future, don't forget to tell your friends about Our Home.

Reactions: Junal44

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021
Thank you for reading all the comments and still not giving up on playing.

I am very happy that you are enjoying it, I have been working hard to read everything you say and make the game even better.

I hope to see you here in the future, don't forget to tell your friends about Our Home.
No need to thank me, your game so far got loads of quality, as I said before, the renders are good, animations are great, and the story so far is good, with tons of opportunities to expand.

With me only playing your game a few days ago from start to end of v2.2.2, I have no fucking clue as to why people spent 6 pages taking it down. It feels like a well polished game, high production value, everything works kinda thing. Nothing like the shittalk I read.

Now, if I should come up with something negative just to stay in line with the rest of the thread, it would be, add a 'back' or 'return' button in the menus. Maybe it's just me, but it feels nice to have a fixed place to click. :)

Also, add girls to the 'relationship' button in the top right corner, as soon as you meet them, even if you just looked at them and thinking "oh wow, she looks hot, I wanna learn more about her" or "I hope to see her again", something like that. As long as they can/will become part of the story. At the end of v2.2.2 I only had Norah and Amelia added in the character bio, but I met so many more, like the girl at the mall, the fitness girl, THE MAID, the girl in the hair salon, and so forth. Just add them, you don't need to add a full bio, just something like "I met her at (x), I don't know anything about her"..

I know this game got a rough start, but I really hope you pull through and continue, it just feels like you got something special brewing here and it could be top 90% if you keep going with what you have in v2.2.2.

Ayrton Senna é o maior piloto do mundo.

Reactions: OldHiccup
3.90 star(s) 17 Votes