VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes
Jul 2, 2022
can anyone tell me what happens if youre on crush with both cove and baxter and you end up dating baxter? is it even possible to date baxter if you do?
That cannot be done, if you have a crush or are in love with cove in step 3 the option to have a crush with Baxter is blocked :c

Like this:

Jul 14, 2023
I don't think it's really addressed. The game kind of glosses over the "downgrade" of feelings I believe and Cove is just treated as if you'd set him as fond.
I've noticed that too. I guess it's easy enough to write off since canonically you cannot pursue both LIs but it is a little jarring that more mentions of the time you had it bad for Cove aren't addressed. A missed opportunity in my opinion, but I guess the creators wanted to keep things light hearted and far from harem-y.

I.S.O.

Mar 24, 2019
That's odd cause I know I've played with a crush on both in Step 3.
I've done it, too. You couldn't have a crush on Baxter if Cove was set to 'Love', or if you'd set Cove as your boyfriend, but it was possible to crush on both of them. Maybe that was changed, or that person was simply wrong...

Reactions: Fizel

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
I've done it, too. You couldn't have a crush on Baxter if Cove was set to 'Love', or if you'd set Cove as your boyfriend, but it was possible to crush on both of them. Maybe that was changed, or that person was simply wrong...
I haven't gotten past step 2 in the 'final update' version of the game so maybe?
Three options: changed, bug, or they did something wrong.

Xerneas

Apr 27, 2017
I haven't gotten past step 2 in the 'final update' version of the game so maybe?
Three options: changed, bug, or they did something wrong.
I definitely crushed on both during step 3 as well, and then did Step 4 Baxter while dating him. Let me take a look in the code and see if I can find whether anything changed.

Edit: Checked real quick. The game won't allow you to crush/love Baxter if:
  • You already love Cove.
  • You are already in a relationship with Cove.
  • You are in Step 4 and you were indifferent to Baxter in step 3.
Any other thing should allow for crush or (in step 4) love.

Last edited:

donorys

Mar 26, 2019
I definitely crushed on both during step 3 as well, and then did Step 4 Baxter while dating him. Let me take a look in the code and see if I can find whether anything changed.

Edit: Checked real quick. The game won't allow you to crush/love Baxter if:
  • You already love Cove.
  • You are already in a relationship with Cove.
  • You are in Step 4 and you were indifferent to Baxter in step 3.
Any other thing should allow for crush or (in step 4) love.
Basically, while we can have a crush on all three, we can only love one, yes? Or we can only have crush and love one, but fond on all three?

senaizumiP

Mar 28, 2021
Basically, while we can have a crush on all three, we can only love one, yes? Or we can only have crush and love one, but fond on all three?
yeah you can have crushes on all of the guys but if youre in love with one, everyone else gets set to fond

also if you get into a relationship with someone, everyone else gets set to fond

Reactions: ggezwux

Panon_B

Apr 28, 2023
Our Life: Patreon Bonus Moment Screenshot

More sweet screenshots from the Wedding Night bonus . It mainly takes place in this hotel room, so nearly all the sneak peeks have to be set in the same location. Oh well, haha.
DAMN IT I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS ON OUR WEDDING NIGHT STOP TEASING ME DFGJKHDF.
The more vague screenshots we get, the more curious I get. It's killing me lmao.

GGGBabyBaby

Aug 20, 2019
can anyone tell me what happens if youre on crush with both cove and baxter and you end up dating baxter? is it even possible to date baxter if you do?

From what I can tell, as long as you are not actively dating Cove, you can still date Baxter during Step 3. You can have a crush on both of them and there won't be any problems, but if you start dating Cove before you meet Baxter, and ESPECIALLY if you set your affection for Cove as "love" for Step 3, then you can no longer date Baxter as Cove will automatically lock you out of having a crush on him. The game will only give you the option of being "fond" of him in this case.

It's kind of the same thing for Derek. You can have a crush on both Cove and Derek for step 2, but if you start dating Cove and change your affection to "love", the game will automatically lock you out of loving Derek.

Inversely, if you choose to be with either Derek or Baxter, Cove will be brought down to the role of childhood friend/best friend during each of their endings since you decided to choose Baxter/Derek instead of Cove.

Basically, you can have a crush on literally everybody at the same time as long as you don't commit to one specific person. As soon as you commit to someone, though, you are locked in and you can't really reverse the effect (since you can't break up with Cove once you commit to him. You can reject him if he tries to confess to you, but you can't break up with him once you accept.)

SecretGame18

Creating realistic and original visual novel
Game Developer
Feb 5, 2019
French traduction for Our Life Beginnings And Always / OurLife-v1.7.1__All_DLCs-pc / by Paloslios

Traduction française pour Our Life Beginnings And Always / OurLife-v1.7.1__All_DLCs-pc

copy zip game/ in game/

It's a automate traduction bad quality but ok for discover.

1691415343878.png

Axel.

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes