VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes
Jan 26, 2020
it looks the same as yours actually, dlcs 1-4 are working, but the wedding, derek and baxter dlc just dont
May I ask why you are using joiplay? From what I understand I think that's what android users use sometimes to play renpy games that don't have an official android port, however this game does have an android version and it has been uploaded here so I'm a bit confused.

senaizumiP

Mar 28, 2021
May I ask why you are using joiplay? From what I understand I think that's what android users use sometimes to play renpy games that don't have an official android port, however this game does have an android version and it has been uploaded here so I'm a bit confused.
its because my phone has storage issues and i have an sd card, joiplay lets you play renpy games that are on your external storage (sd card) which means you dont take up any space in your internal storage so i only use joiplay rather than the android port

Last edited:

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life 1: Cove Step 4 Bonus Moment Screenshot 2 (Patreon)

This Bonus Moment works a little bit differently than the Step 3 one did. In that event, Cove and the MC had never done anything intimate before and had to progress at a set rate to arrive at the scene. In this Step 4 Bonus Moment, Cove and the MC are already past being new to sexual encounters. Because of that, you'll be able to get romantic at any pace you want, including as soon as you walk through the door, haha.

And doing the intimate scene first won't cut the event short, the other stuff will just happen after sex instead of before. Or you can relax first and then end the night with romance. Or, of course, you can avoid physical contact entirely. It's all up to what's right for you!

periwinkle22

Jun 11, 2023
Our Life: Cove White Lingerie (NSFW) (Patreon)

Well, we couldn't have a wedding night themed event without some lacy lingerie, haha. Though, there is a second option he can wear if this is too on the nose. Or he can stick with the usual polka-dot boxers.

The MC can wear their own fancy underwear with various options as well, if they want to.

Jan 26, 2020
Our Life: Cove White Lingerie (NSFW) (Patreon)

Well, we couldn't have a wedding night themed event without some lacy lingerie, haha. Though, there is a second option he can wear if this is too on the nose. Or he can stick with the usual polka-dot boxers.

The MC can wear their own fancy underwear with various options as well, if they want to.
OH HELL YES, he looks so pretty with it. I love when guys wear pretty stuff

donorys

Mar 26, 2019
I just wanted to say that this visual novel has ruined 95% of all other visual novels for me. It's just so good. I can't wait for the complete release of the wedding night DLC.
I concur. It can be an emotional roller coaster, but playing it feels so good. Wish Sunset Bird and its people were real though, its community and neigborhood feel like my ideal environment. I just love everyone in this game, and I've been crushing so hard on Derek, I miss him :cry:

5bxqwv0

Sep 20, 2021
Our Life: Beginnings & Always v1.7.1 (Android) 6 DLCs Unlocker (Step 1, Step 2, Step 3, Cove Wedding DLC, Derek DLC, Baxter DLC)

The base game APK file (ourlife-1.7.1-novoice.apk) actually has all the DLCs apart of the free Voiced Names DLC.
It's the same with the Voiced Name Base Game APK (ourlife-1.7.1-voice.apk).
You can confirm this yourself by using a ZIP program to open the APK and browsing into ./assets/x-game/
That's why the Android download are bigger than the Windows or Mac downloads.

The 40 MB APK DLCs are just unlockers that sets a variable in your save file to enable said DLC when launched, that's why it's only 40 MB. However since the base game is updated to 1.7.1 and sometimes you encounter 1.7.0 DLC APKs, you might encounter a chicken and egg problem if you already installed the 1.7.1 base game and wanted to enable the DLCs since Android does not allow downgrading installed APKs, requiring you to uninstall the 1.7.1 base game first, potentially losing your save files if you haven't copied /sdcard/Android/data/ourlife.demo.apk/files/saves using a computer.

This save file already has every known DLC unlocked and won't overwrite your saves (they're different files vs your save slots).

To use, copy the content of this ZIP file into your Android's device internal storage, you might need to use a computer and enable USB file transfer since Android 11 upwards (I think, or Android 12. I can't remember) blocks access to /sdcard/Android/data from apps on the phone (including file manager) except when using USB file transfer
You must overwrite a file called "persistent" located in /sdcard/Android/data/ourlife.demo.apk/files/saves/persistent in order to unlock all the known DLCs.
Afterwards you can simply install the base game and the Voiced Name DLC or the Voiced Name base game APK instead.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
can anyone tell me what happens if youre on crush with both cove and baxter and you end up dating baxter? is it even possible to date baxter if you do?
As long as you don't have any at 'love' then you can go after anyone.

Xerneas

Apr 27, 2017
can anyone tell me what happens if youre on crush with both cove and baxter and you end up dating baxter? is it even possible to date baxter if you do?
I don't think it's really addressed. The game kind of glosses over the "downgrade" of feelings I believe and Cove is just treated as if you'd set him as fond.

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes