MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
I wonder if Jess is going to get some sex scenes soon. Maybe not the good Jess but the bad one definitely should have some in the future.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I feel when he talks about "that person" he means it as "that dude you cheated on me with (whoever he is)". In fact, if Ian knew the guy's identity then it makes little sense his name never comes up, in the dream in this chapter nor anywhere else -- it's always just "The Guy" or "he", even if it'd be natural for Gillian in Ian's dream to refer to him by name, or for Ian questioning Jeremy to simply ask "was she with X" than the roundabout way he goes about it. Lena, who is in similar situation, has no trouble with calling Cherry "Cherry", instead of only ever "that girl".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This conversation goes both way
1) Your take (Ian doesn't know the guy)
2) My take (Ian knows but kept it to himself only)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Deathzazor and jduk

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
It's possible it's just Eva trying to hide the character name. It doesn't really make sense not to use the name, because any normal person would speak in a way to avoid using the name that way when it's easier to just say the name. Unless he has violent flashbacks when he hears the name. But some writers use convoluted speech arrangement like that, so it's not impossible that it's just Eva trying to avoid it.

However, I think the biggest indicator that he doesn't know who it is, is the fact that Ian and Mike can be in same scene outside the club after Ivy's birthday, but Ian never comments on Mike's presence, not even later when he's alone. So either he doesn't know who it is, or if he does, it's not Mike.

Marley300

Jan 29, 2020

Chapter 11 BETA is out, and Cameo spots open
Chapter 11 Beta is finally out! Thanks to everyone who helped us spot and report the bugs. All major issues should be ironed out now, but some small fixes and implementations will be added in the Full release. I also want to expand a couple scenes slightly, but the chapter is already solid and ready to be played.
This chapter features +100 new, full color illustrations, with many variations and some animations, making up a total of 450 new images. Also, some new sprites and outfits for the cast, as well as a ton of new music: +10 new tracks that add or replace music for the soundtrack of the game, making it more varied. There's also more new features and improvements, check them out !

Also, there's a couple spots open for cameo appearance in the epilogue of Chapter 11 that will be released shortly. Ideally, I'm looking for one male and one female character cameo, but if you're interested contact me via PM (better through Discord). Join the cast of patrons that have their likeness immortalized in-game!

Arata20

Jan 14, 2018

Chapter 11 BETA is out, and Cameo spots open
Chapter 11 Beta is finally out! Thanks to everyone who helped us spot and report the bugs. All major issues should be ironed out now, but some small fixes and implementations will be added in the Full release. I also want to expand a couple scenes slightly, but the chapter is already solid and ready to be played.
This chapter features +100 new, full color illustrations, with many variations and some animations, making up a total of 450 new images. Also, some new sprites and outfits for the cast, as well as a ton of new music: +10 new tracks that add or replace music for the soundtrack of the game, making it more varied. There's also more new features and improvements, check them out !

Also, there's a couple spots open for cameo appearance in the epilogue of Chapter 11 that will be released shortly. Ideally, I'm looking for one male and one female character cameo, but if you're interested contact me via PM (better through Discord). Join the cast of patrons that have their likeness immortalized in-game!
So Gus is just a cameo? I thought he would be in Holly route.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It just that when people take emotionally massive hit they tend to indirectly approach those things. Some people I watched around show this exact behavior referring to the person the one their partner cheated with as "that one" etc. Even Gillian mention him as Her boyfriend and not mentions his name(check how she talks about him).
I know some people will do that, but this is generally a conscious thing. That's why i mentioned the dream sequence -- it's where you'd expect the artificial self-restraints to no longer apply, and if Ian knew the name of the guy, then Gillian in his dream could be expected to say it at least once.

Actual Gillian (not the one in Ian's dream) only mentions her boyfriend once in their entire conversation. And yes, she refers to him as "my boyfriend" but this makes more sense if Ian doesn't know the name of the guy (perhaps because he doesn't want to know) -- because in such case mentioning him by name could just lead to some sort of "eh, who?" or similar unnecessary slowdown.

So... yeah. I'd say both options are possible, but the one where Ian simply doesn't know the guy's identity is simpler, and also explains complete lack of reaction if the guy in question actually is Mike. So personally, i'll roll with it for now.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I know some people will do that, but this is generally a conscious thing. That's why i mentioned the dream sequence -- it's where you'd expect the artificial self-restraints to no longer apply, and if Ian knew the name of the guy, then Gillian in his dream could be expected to say it at least once.

Actual Gillian (not the one in Ian's dream) only mentions her boyfriend once in their entire conversation. And yes, she refers to him as "my boyfriend" but this makes more sense if Ian doesn't know the name of the guy (perhaps because he doesn't want to know) -- because in such case mentioning him by name could just lead to some sort of "eh, who?" or similar unnecessary slowdown.

So... yeah. I'd say both options are possible, but the one where Ian simply doesn't know the guy's identity is simpler, and also explains complete lack of reaction if the guy in question actually is Mike. So personally, i'll roll with it for now.
I agree then it also raise the question who told Ian if Ian didn't catch them or some other scenario. How does Ian know she cheated did she confessed in guilt(could be but highly obnoxious) or someone told Ian.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
How does Ian know she cheated did she confessed in guilt(could be but highly obnoxious) or someone told Ian.
If i understand it right, Gillian broke up with Ian telling him that she's been seeing someone else behind his back and wants to be with that new guy. It was after spending some time apart, and while Ian was expecting her to move to Baluart and continue living with him.

Whether her affair started after Ian left for Baluart or was going on earlier, it's currently unclear.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
If i understand it right, Gillian broke up with Ian telling him that she's been seeing someone else behind his back and wants to be with that new guy. It was after spending some time apart, and while Ian was expecting her to move to Baluart and continue living with him.
Is that mentioned somewhere?:confused:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Is that mentioned somewhere?:confused:
It's just pieced together from various dialogue bits in the game and Ian's dreams. E.g. in the latest chapter, if Ian deleted Gillian's pictures you have him tell her in his dream:
Python:
        i "I never wanted this. You did this... You left."
The thing about them being separate, i can't remember if it's also mentioned directly, but it's included in the dream in Ch.7:
Python:
    i "Hey, there you are."
    g "You made it."
    i "Was there any doubt?"
    g "I don't know... We haven't seen each other in a while."
    i "Yeah... You should come to Baluart for a visit more often!"
    i "In fact, you'll move back here as soon as you find a job in the city, right?"

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
It's just pieced together from various dialogue bits in the game and Ian's dreams. E.g. in the latest chapter, if Ian deleted Gillian's pictures you have him tell her in his dream:
Python:
        i "I never wanted this. You did this... You left."
The thing about them being separate, i can't remember if it's also mentioned directly, but it's included in the dream in Ch.7:
Python:
    i "Hey, there you are."
    g "You made it."
    i "Was there any doubt?"
    g "I don't know... We haven't seen each other in a while."
    i "Yeah... You should come to Baluart for a visit more often!"
    i "In fact, you'll move back here as soon as you find a job in the city, right?"
Double face palm ME! How the hell did i forgot this.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: ffive
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes