ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'd agree with camube that the voluntary working with Seymour is quite "believable" -- if Lena forms a positive first impression of him (which is easy enough, she kind of expresses it by default) i can vey well see her getting swept up by Seymour's charisma and rhetoric, combined with the "high class" treatment she receives (particularly if it's high poshLena who is more responsive to displays of wealth etc).

The player might roll their eyes at Nietzche being touted as the top dog of philosophy, but Lena, while potentially intelligent, is still a fairly regular person, one who can easily buy into this mindset (similar how many people come to believe Machiavelli was a political genius because he's such edgelord about it) and the idea she's interacting with top-class intellectual, and strive to match/impress him rather than laugh straight in his face.
I strongly disagree. Lena's supposedly read enough philosophy that she's familiar with Nietszche's three metamorphoses even before Seymore can tell her of the Child. So she, even more than most, should recognize what a ginormous red flag it is when Seymore opines that he prefers to think of "the Child" as "The Master." It not only completely invalidates the whole point of the original metaphor (rather than being reborn into a whole new world, he explicitly chains the supposed metamorph to the old world's hierarchy) but it makes it abundantly clear that he considers himself utterly beyond any sense of morality or rules.

Even beyond that the narration of that whole dinner is littered with Lena being unnerved by Seyemore's various turns of phrase or general predator vibe, to say nothing of his establishing character moment harassing the local homeless man. Or the tense music. The scene was clearly meant to drive home that Seymore is going to be the villain of the game, not paper over his faults in a way that might plausibly leave Lena unaware how Faustian Seymore's offer is. I agree Lena's supposed to be desperate enough to consider his offer even so, but that's just to fuel the corruption/exploitation kinks Seymore is supposed to embody.

If she'd actually had a decent working relationship with Seymore before the interview/dinner I might be willing to accept Lena turning a blind eye to some of those red flags. But she didn't, she'd barely spent 10 minutes with him. So I don't buy the argument she'd be surprised Seymore would be willing to blackmail her. If you want to play Lena as desperate enough to take the chance anyway (or just plain stupid enough not to see the obvious) that's fine, but I reject the idea that this was some masterclass in subtly, allowing the victim to hide in plain sight. It was - by design - the opposite.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I strongly disagree. Lena's supposedly read enough philosophy that she's familiar with Nietszche's three metamorphoses even before Seymore can tell her of the Child.
Keep on mind this knowledge is cursory, at best:
Python:
        mr "Do you know about Nietzsche's Three Metamorphoses?"
        l "I recall learning about it in high school..."
I suspect Lena is familiar with it in the same way people are "familiar" with Machiavelli i mentioned earlier. She's taught some basics in high school and retained some fraction of that knowledge since then, but it's nowhere near determining Seymour is full of shit. Lena's approach to this subject in Ch.11 (and the options she can take) is driven entirely by her attitude towards Seymour, instead of her intelligence score.

Even beyond that the narration of that whole dinner is littered with Lena being unnerved by Seyemore's various turns of phrase or general predator vibe, to say nothing of his establishing character moment harassing the local homeless man.
This hinges entirely on Lena's disposition towards Seymour, specifically her relationship score with him she's built so far. Lena with positive attitude towards Seymour isn't unnerved but impressed by his behavior. Her reaction to the homeless dude event also depends on how Lena has reacted to him earlier herself. E.g.:
Python:
    if help_bum == 2:
        l "He wasn't bothering me..."
    elif help_bum == 1:
        "Thankfully Mr. Ward knew how to put an end to this awkward situation."
    else:
        "I let out a sigh of relief. My savior!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Balsamic and camube

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Chapter 11 was probably the least popular of the past updates of ORS, atleast on this thread, mainly because of the minimal story progression. That being said something I think the game made a dramatic quality jump in terms of the drawings of faces during sex scenes.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Good that Eva's finally found some more artistic help she's comfortable with. From a previous post, it sounds like she's still drawing all the faces, so with line-drawing help, she now has more time to focus on them.

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I strongly disagree. Lena's supposedly read enough philosophy that she's familiar with Nietszche's three metamorphoses even before Seymore can tell her of the Child. So she, even more than most, should recognize what a ginormous red flag it is when Seymore opines that he prefers to think of "the Child" as "The Master." It not only completely invalidates the whole point of the original metaphor (rather than being reborn into a whole new world, he explicitly chains the supposed metamorph to the old world's hierarchy) but it makes it abundantly clear that he considers himself utterly beyond any sense of morality or rules.

Even beyond that the narration of that whole dinner is littered with Lena being unnerved by Seyemore's various turns of phrase or general predator vibe, to say nothing of his establishing character moment harassing the local homeless man. Or the tense music. The scene was clearly meant to drive home that Seymore is going to be the villain of the game, not paper over his faults in a way that might plausibly leave Lena unaware how Faustian Seymore's offer is. I agree Lena's supposed to be desperate enough to consider his offer even so, but that's just to fuel the corruption/exploitation kinks Seymore is supposed to embody.

If she'd actually had a decent working relationship with Seymore before the interview/dinner I might be willing to accept Lena turning a blind eye to some of those red flags. But she didn't, she'd barely spent 10 minutes with him. So I don't buy the argument she'd be surprised Seymore would be willing to blackmail her. If you want to play Lena as desperate enough to take the chance anyway (or just plain stupid enough not to see the obvious) that's fine, but I reject the idea that this was some masterclass in subtly, allowing the victim to hide in plain sight. It was - by design - the opposite.
Outside player's control, very early on Lena already expresses hesitation towards Seymour's initial advance.
My first ORS blind playthrough as a player is to reject Seymour's dinner audition in the first place.
That's me "playing as myself" as a "controller".

Lena as a character though, her intelligence is determined by how we play her. She could be smart enough or not smart enough to be familiar with The Child.
She could also be a person who sends money to her parents or not.
She could be a person that likes Shine more or like Fortress more.

In a world where Lena is a dutiful daughter sending money to her parents and running out of options, Seymour is cordial if Lena's attitude towards him is neutral. He doesn't outwardly blackmail Lena.

I didn't mean Seymour is hiding in plain sight or even that Seymour is subtle. It's not that.

I was talking about how that story path allows the player to see a struggling person with relatively little option decidedly/willingly make a deal with someone that she already feels isn't a virtuous person.

A neutral-attitude-towards-Seymour Lena isn't duped or enchanted by Seymour.
She has little option early chapters and Seymour's offer is a job offer.
The variant of Lena that is dutifully sending money to her parents are responsible for the wellbeing of not only her own life but also that of her parents.

That Lena has less optionality to pick and choose what jobs to do early on.
That particular story path then offers Lena an exit at the end of Ch 11.
Ch 11 is also a point where that Lena has more option than early chapter Lena.
That Lena now has more optionality to draw the line in the sand and reject Seymour.
For my playthrough, there's the music thing with Emma, and Perry being Ian's friend.

In life it's hard for some people to say "no" due to their circumstances.
And the nuance of how Eva write that possible situation to the point that it's believable for her to accept Seymour's initial job offer is why I said it's good writing.

Alphaeboy

Jul 22, 2019
Outside player's control, very early on Lena already expresses hesitation towards Seymour's initial advance.
My first ORS blind playthrough as a player is to reject Seymour's dinner invitation in the first place.
That's me "playing as myself" as a "controller".

Lena as a character though, her intelligence is determined by how we play her. She could be smart enough or not smart enough to be familiar with The Child.
She could also be a person who sends money to her parents or not.
She could be a person that likes Shine more or like Fortress more.

In a world where Lena is a dutiful daughter sending money to her parents and running out of options, Seymour is cordial if Lena's attitude towards him is neutral. He doesn't outwardly blackmail Lena.

I didn't mean Seymour is hiding in plain sight or even that Seymour is subtle. It's not that.

I was talking about how that story path allows the player to see a struggling person with relatively little option decidedly/willingly make a deal with someone that she already feels isn't a virtuous person. Seymour was cordial.

A neutral-attitude-towards-Seymour Lena isn't duped or enchanted by Seymour.
She has little option early chapters and Seymour's offer is a job offer.
The variant of Lena that is dutifully sending money to her parents are responsible for the wellbeing of not only her own life but also that of her parents.

That Lena has less optionality to pick and choose what jobs to do early on.
That particular story path then offers Lena an exit at the end of Ch 11.
Ch 11 is also a point where that Lena has more option than early chapter Lena.
That Lena now has more optionality to draw the line in the sand and reject Seymour.
For my playthrough, there's the music thing with Emma, and Perry being Ian's friend.

In life it's hard for some people to say "no" due to their circumstances.
And the nuance of how Eva write that possible situation to the point that it's believable for her to accept Seymour's initial job offer is why I said it's good writing.
Yeah Lena got it more rough than Ian.

Lena is deal with one roommate is barely paying the bills; disrespecting the other roommate who is really paying mostly while all she do is be annoying. Then the choices on having her with Mr.BBC or not she's annoying either way.

If she's dating BBC she's distant with Lena and if break them up or they break up in general she will throw herself at you be mad that you reject or if you do admit her she's so clingy.

Then Stan another roommate who honestly shy guy who wants to freak Lena depending on your choices.

Then she's dealing with working two jobs, modelling on the side.

Dealing with your parents who make things difficult for you as it is.

Then dealing with getting over your ex who won't leave you alone.

Then Ian his main problems with getting over ex, his boss and the money situation.

At least Perry is close friend he gets along with and it helps that his dad is a powerful man in the city.

I feel the most problems Ian can have is love/sex life depending how we play him.

DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020
Yeah Lena got it more rough than Ian.

Lena is deal with one roommate is barely paying the bills; disrespecting the other roommate who is really paying mostly while all she do is be annoying. Then the choices on having her with Mr.BBC or not she's annoying either way.

If she's dating BBC she's distant with Lena and if break them up or they break up in general she will throw herself at you be mad that you reject or if you do admit her she's so clingy.

Then Stan another roommate who honestly shy guy who wants to freak Lena depending on your choices.

Then she's dealing with working two jobs, modelling on the side.

Dealing with your parents who make things difficult for you as it is.

Then dealing with getting over your ex who won't leave you alone.

Then Ian his main problems with getting over ex, his boss and the money situation.

At least Perry is close friend he gets along with and it helps that his dad is a powerful man in the city.

I feel the most problems Ian can have is love/sex life depending how we play him.
I also felt that Ian got it better while comparing my experiences with them both. The main contributing factor to this is how Lena has to give money periodically to her parents, and sometimes she has to sell her body more to stay afloat. While Ian doesn't get to do that and in fact it's the opposite. He has the option to ask for money from his father. I never felt a financial pressure from Ian as I did with Lena. I always felt Lena's situation is more difficult. I hope that dynamic changes as Ian's ex has appeared. I'm also hoping that Emma would be able to help Lena with some of her problems while Ian's problems get worsen in new chapters.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
What a sad chapter for me, no content with Emma and barely anything with Ivy
Is there a chance that another scene will be added in the final version or is that all?
Maybe in the epilogue of this chapter,who knows when is going to be released through.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
What a sad chapter for me, no content with Emma and barely anything with Ivy
Is there a chance that another scene will be added in the final version or is that all?
Only those scenes will be added which are WIP in gallery. Doubt other than that will be added. Generally in epilogue there are scenes added sometimes. Depends how EK is going to progress the story and what she has in mind on how to end chapter.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes