der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020
Which MC do you enjoy playing as the most?

This is the third time I'm doing this , but I want to know your opinion and see if it has changed after 11 chapters of the story. An, by the way, the last iteration of Chapter 11 has just been released, so check it out !

While Lena's side of the story touches on many of the themes and plotlines that made GGGB interesting to players, I wanted to add Ian's perspective to tackle scenarios and dynamics that felt really interesting to me, like his relationships with the female cast and his male friends. Lena also has a more defined personality than Ashley had, and I've tried to give the players more agency on how she reacts to events and the paths she wants to pursue.

All in all, I try to make both point sof view interesting and enjoyable to play, but do you have a favorite? Let me know!

The unseen

Apr 2, 2022
Which MC do you enjoy playing as the most?

This is the third time I'm doing this , but I want to know your opinion and see if it has changed after 11 chapters of the story. An, by the way, the last iteration of Chapter 11 has just been released, so check it out !

While Lena's side of the story touches on many of the themes and plotlines that made GGGB interesting to players, I wanted to add Ian's perspective to tackle scenarios and dynamics that felt really interesting to me, like his relationships with the female cast and his male friends. Lena also has a more defined personality than Ashley had, and I've tried to give the players more agency on how she reacts to events and the paths she wants to pursue.

All in all, I try to make both point sof view interesting and enjoyable to play, but do you have a favorite? Let me know!
Ian

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
To be fair, same applied to Robert if you turned him down early. So... No, it wouldn't be lame, as there is presidence.
Robert is a lot easier to make disappear considering he doesn't live with Lena and is also basically just a fuck buddy, so he also doesn't need to appear in any scenes not at the restaurant.

Y'all thinking that Louise and Lena will kick Stan out and let Holly move in, but forgot that Louise basically said she'd have to move out and live with her parents soon. So, it's most likely going to be either Stan and Lena living together (maybe with Holly moving in into Louise's room) or Lena would need to move out due to not being able to afford the increased rent (Stan wouldn't pay for her if she treated him poorly). Then she could probably move in with Ivy or maybe find a place for her and optionally Ian/Holly if they're together.
I don't remember exactly, but I thought Louise said that she would have to move in with her parents if she couldn't find a job soon. Because her parents were paying her rent through college, but now that she's graduated, but hadn't found a job, she was concerned about her financial stability.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Robert is a lot easier to make disappear considering he doesn't live with Lena and is also basically just a fuck buddy, so he also doesn't need to appear in any scenes not at the restaurant.
If you don't follow Stan's path, he's pretty inexistent although Lena lives with him. He just reappears to ask for the increased rent.

Reactions: ffive

Housewife

Oct 22, 2016
Chapter 11 final
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Here are the changes to it: The complete iteration of this release is finally here. It took a while since I've been ironing out some obscure narrative bugs (BloodyMAres help is being invaluable in this task), and I've also added new music. Lena's second song, "Shine Again", has been fully realized with an original composition and lyrics, so if you got the mini-game choices right, you'll be able to listen to it during the concert scene in Chapter 8 , but I've also attached the mp3 file in this post so you can check it out right away! I've also added two new narrative scenes that weren't present in the Beta, nothing major, but it sheds light on a new plot point in the Seymour route as well as detail a bit more of Ian and Lena's relationship.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That being said, having your choices have consequences regardless of what Ian wants or is doing, is still more realistic and gives more depth to the choices that are made, because now you are actively competing with the other player.
It's not a competition when one participant wins by default. Neither there's more depth -- i've mentioned it already, but having actions of both actors matter provides more possible paths/outcomes than one simply controlling the whole thing.

Note, the scenario described by BloodyMares does have room for active competition from both players over Holly. But it doesn't simply hand a win to one of them as soon as they decide to participate.

Reactions: BloodyMares

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
That being said, having your choices have consequences regardless of what Ian wants or is doing, is still more realistic and gives more depth to the choices that are made, because now you are actively competing with the other player. Like playing CK3 on co-op and one player declares war on France. Rather than join as an ally, a second player can declare war on France, take the territory and possibly even invalidate the original player's war. Suddenly the stakes are higher for player 1.
For the competition to be fun you need to have an equal chance to "win". If the other player has unfair advantage over your fate (regardless if you choose to date Lena or not), then this "competition" is rigged from the start. If the option you asked for was possible, the player who plays as Lena could just corrupt your sweet Holly and you'd have no way to respond to that other than maybe call things off with Holly (assuming Ian even has an opportunity to learn about it). Basically you'd have no agency to counter Lena's actions or get back at her somehow. You couldn't compete with Lena because in that competition Lena always wins.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I mean, let's compare how Ian can influence Holly and how Lena can do it:
1) Ian can fully commit to Holly.
2) Ian can start dating Holly but refuse to open up to her, which can push her into Lena's arms
3) Ian can kiss / fuck her once and stop things after that. That leaves Holly vulnerable to Ivy's and Lena's advances and suggestions.

The ways in which Lena can direct Holly's character:
1) Take her for herself after Ian rejects her / protect her from Ivy's advances
2) Let Ivy do her thing with Holly and possibly join
3) Push her towards Mark
4) Push her towards Stan
5) Push her towards Robert
6) Push her towards Marcel?
7) Seduce Holly while she's dating Ian and make her question her feelings for both
8) Refuse to sleep with Holly which allows Holly to make a move on Ian regardless of his own actions (as long as he's not dating Lena)

So, Ian only has one way to influence Holly in a way that benefits HIM. The 2 other consequences of his actions benefit Lena. While Lena has only one consequence that benefits Ian while having 7 other ways to direct Holly's character that benefit Lena either by opening a sex route between them or by getting amusement from Holly's corruption.

Considering that Holly was introduced as a character in Ian's social circle who has a canonical crush on him, Lena already has way too much power over Holly. Let Ian enjoy at least his one potential win if he played his cards right.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
LLLEEEENNNNAAAAAAAAAA
vote for her!
YES!
Eva should skip Ian as MC if the updates are still 5-6 months long! If she concentrates only on Lena (like Ashley)...we have updates in only 2-3 months and Eva wouldn't have so much stress!

So...vote for Lena! :love:

update: 50% reached - thats quite a dominance, just wow!

1690121550061.png

Last edited:

Sousa69

Feb 24, 2018
Does anyone know the best way to write the book?
I remember seeing it here but cant find it.
can someone help?

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes