seaoflove

Jan 31, 2023
A lot has been said about Cindy and I have a few criticisms about her. Why I don't think she's the best girl.

1. Cindy gives me impression of a spoiled brat. Look at her behavior with Wade. She is constantly fixated on herself and her life. Okay, you can criticize Wade for his attitude and passive lifestyle. But a man has a hobby - cybersport, which he takes seriously: this is his hobby and it gives him inspiration. And also he has a girlfriend who DOES NOT RESPECT the interests of her boyfriend. She is constantly fixated on herself: "You do not pay attention to me and all the time you play your stupid games." Darling, if you feel this way about your man's hobby, why do you think that he should devote all his time and energy to you? Relationships are meant to be reciprocal, not one-sided. In the meantime, you don't even let Wade know about your hobbies and he finds out about modeling through an Istagram post, which of course shocks him. Maybe it was worth discussing it first, so as not to lead to a scandal? In general, Wade is always bad with her and does not appreciate his "queen" enough. Sounds familiar. Immediately I see the image of a girl whose man is "obliged" all the time.
I wonder if she will also treat Ian that way when he is very busy with another book?

2. Egocentrism. After running the game several times and making different choices, you can see this feature of Cindy. I chose solutions where I didn't please Cindy. It's quite easy to collapse the relationship scale with her. To take Wade's side, to criticize her way of life - Cindy gets angry. As soon as you contradict her and do not accept her point of view - Cindy is offended by you. You should not come to Wade's birthday and leave with Holly - Cindy is very angry with you and the relationship scale is closer to the minimum. Cindy does not accept a different opinion and everything should happen AS SHE WANTS. Otherwise, you are an antagonist for her. Did you notice how angry she gets during that stupid game in Chapter 9 if she doesn't like the answers? Why, it's just a game where you have to continue the phrase!

3. A character trait in women that I really don't like. Women's envy. How angry she is when you praise other girls, especially those who are more successful - Ivy or Lena. Cindy goes berserk when everyone is staring at Ivy, inserting caustic comments when praising Lena. In the last parts, this is more and more noticeable. I believe that she does not like Lena (it is clear that she has antipathetic notes to her) because of envy.

4. The most delicious moment. Cheating. Cindy is a cheater. Of course, it's not that off-putting if you're not planning anything serious with her - being friends with privileges and nothing more. Well, except that you're an immoral bastard doing this to Wade (and so am I :ROFLMAO: ). But to build a serious relationship with her after she cheated on her boyfriend? It's like deliberately stepping on a rake that you see in front of you. Especially if you take Ivy's rumors that she's having fun with Axel seriously. What did you say, soprano31 ? Once a hoe, always a hoe? There is truth in this. If it were IRL - Cindy is a huge red flag that says "RUN!"

In general, I liked Cindy much more before, until I learned the game from different routes, trying different variations. I know this post won't appeal to Cindy fans, but I'm looking at the characters objectively without blind fanaticism.
Point 1:

You gotta remember... Wade is a piece of shit. He doesn't appreciate Cindy one bit!

I don't think Cindy would treat Ian the way that she does Wade over him being focused on writing a book for a number of reasons. (Unless the player is an idiot about it. Fucking a bunch of other girls, and neglecting Cindy... I do not think she will have a "Player" any more than a "Video Game Player".)

Ian is not going to neglect Cindy the way that Wade does. Wade is a douche, and does not appreciate her at all.

Also, writing is a part of Ian's career. He makes money off of that. Wade, on the other hand is a lazy fuck who just likes to play video games.

You are right, she comes off a bit as spoiled. However, she just likes to be pampered... She doesn't like it when you smack her butt too hard for example. She likes it when you are not a cheapskate. She likes when you are generous with her in any way.

I think if you focus 100% of your efforts in Cindy she will be faithful and loving. Even though she is cheating on Wade with Ian.

This may lead to a fight... We have had some fights before. Gonna be fun for Ian to knock Wade's teeth out. Ian is gonna kick the shit out of him becuase this is not Mortal Kombat... This is real life mother fucker, and Ian has been spending his time at the Gym while Wade has been sitting in his gaming chair.

Point 2:

Well... She is focused on becoming a model. She wants to feel loved, and beautiful and cherished. She isn't a bad person because of this. Those are her strengths. She is naive and vulnerable in her own ways.

Point 3:

This is about her own insecurities. She lacks confidence sadly. That is her biggest downfall. That's why she likes Ian and fucks him if you actually treat her right. Because he actually treats her like a someone to be loved, instead of an old cum suck to wipe his dick clean after playing some video games. Wades toxic behavior makes her feel this way.

Point 4:

Yea, but she is cheating on Wade... Does that REALLY count as cheating? The guy is a shithead, and a total loser. Just a dumbass stoner that only gives a fuck about himself and video games. He is too busy in his own little world to focus any of his attention on what matters the most. The woman that loves him... He won't put the controller down to give her a back rub. He won't take her out for a walk in the park because he gotta get that next level. He is going to lose her because he is a loser. Fuck Wade!

Wade offers her a desert to live in. With no moisture... Cindy needs to be moist... That's why she loves when Ian eats that pussy! She craves any little bit of love and attention because her boyfriend gives her none.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Point 1:

You gotta remember... Wade is a piece of shit. He doesn't appreciate Cindy one bit!

I don't think Cindy would treat Ian the way that she does Wade over him being focused on writing a book for a number of reasons. (Unless the player is an idiot about it. Fucking a bunch of other girls, and neglecting Cindy... I do not think she will have a "Player" any more than a "Video Game Player".)

Ian is not going to neglect Cindy the way that Wade does. Wade is a douche, and does not appreciate her at all.

Also, writing is a part of Ian's career. He makes money off of that. Wade, on the other hand is a lazy fuck who just likes to play video games.

You are right, she comes off a bit as spoiled. However, she just likes to be pampered... She doesn't like it when you smack her butt too hard for example. She likes it when you are not a cheapskate. She likes when you are generous with her in any way.

I think if you focus 100% of your efforts in Cindy she will be faithful and loving. Even though she is cheating on Wade with Ian.

This may lead to a fight... We have had some fights before. Gonna be fun for Ian to knock Wade's teeth out. Ian is gonna kick the shit out of him becuase this is not Mortal Kombat... This is real life mother fucker, and Ian has been spending his time at the Gym while Wade has been sitting in his gaming chair.

Point 2:

Well... She is focused on becoming a model. She wants to feel loved, and beautiful and cherished. She isn't a bad person because of this. Those are her strengths. She is naive and vulnerable in her own ways.

Point 3:

This is about her own insecurities. She lacks confidence sadly. That is her biggest downfall. That's why she likes Ian and fucks him if you actually treat her right. Because he actually treats her like a someone to be loved, instead of an old cum suck to wipe his dick clean after playing some video games. Wades toxic behavior makes her feel this way.

Point 4:

Yea, but she is cheating on Wade... Does that REALLY count as cheating? The guy is a shithead, and a total loser. Just a dumbass stoner that only gives a fuck about himself and video games. He is too busy in his own little world to focus any of his attention on what matters the most. The woman that loves him... He won't put the controller down to give her a back rub. He won't take her out for a walk in the park because he gotta get that next level. He is going to lose her because he is a loser. Fuck Wade!

Wade offers her a desert to live in. With no moisture... Cindy needs to be moist... That's why she loves when Ian eats that pussy! She craves any little bit of love and attention because her boyfriend gives her none.
1. Wade is a good guy who is experiencing a quarter-life crisis, he finds it difficult to decide where he is going and what to do next. This is experienced by many people and should be taken seriously. Wade deserves moral support, not pressure like Cindy does. This is Cindy, who doesn't see Wade's problems and is fixated on herself. Instead of them sitting down and calmly discussing all their desires and interests as adults, Cindy continues to bully Wade.
How are video games different from other hobbies? Playing videogames the same hobby, as snowbording for example, or surfing. Gamer shaming as always. Bad lazy gamers and bad video games. It's ironic that this is written on a site about video games for adults.
And why Wade is sitting at home can be explained in the game's plot. Thanks to someone, half of Baluart will soon be on welfare or begging.
> She likes when you are generous with her. Translation: She needs a male ATM to pay for all her whims.

2. I agree that it is good that Cindy has her own goals, aspirations and wants to become a model. I don't see anything wrong with that. But it is worth thinking not only about yourself, but also about people close to you. I spoke about it. For Cindy is only important Cindy and her place in the Center of the Universe.

3. Translation: follow her every whim, absolutely everything, and Cindy will pay attention to you. That is, be a simp. :ROFLMAO:

For comparison: Ian-Len relationship can really be built on mutual understanding, respect for each other and mutual contribution to the relationship. That is harmony.

4. WTF dude? How does that justify cheating? Cheating is cheating, reasons are not an excuse. If your relationship doesn't suit you, it's best to break up.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Yea, but she is cheating on Wade... Does that REALLY count as cheating?
Answer: ... Of Fucking Course it counts as cheating.

The problem is communication with theses two mainly. Sure, Cindy wants to explore her passions with modelling and such, an she expects Wade to support her entirely. Like he should drop everything he is doing and get behind it. Yet, Wade has his own passion he is trying to do as well, but do either of them support each others passion? No. Wade is essentially forced into it when he could be possibly qualifying.

That said, I do hope if we are supportive of both, they do eventually work it out.

But man... Cindy fans jumping through holes claiming 'It's not Cheating if Cinders is with Ian/Axel' is HILARIOUS!

aykarin

Aug 3, 2019
I agree 100% with all the above criticism of Cindy. But at the same time I would like to add that all those flaws of her make her a very good character from a narrative point of view as she is portrayed realistically. In many of my playthroughs I like to pursue her because 1) she is obviously hot af, 2) Ian x Cindy path is an exciting, well-done storyline. But liking Cindy as a character and liking her path in the game doesn't mean that she is 'good' as a person - which unfortunately many of her fans don't get and instead idolize her.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
1. Cindy gives me impression of a spoiled brat. Look at her behavior with Wade. She is constantly fixated on herself and her life. Okay, you can criticize Wade for his attitude and passive lifestyle. But a man has a hobby - cybersport, which he takes seriously: this is his hobby and it gives him inspiration. And also he has a girlfriend who DOES NOT RESPECT the interests of her boyfriend. She is constantly fixated on herself: "You do not pay attention to me and all the time you play your stupid games." Darling, if you feel this way about your man's hobby, why do you think that he should devote all his time and energy to you?
Cindy isn't demanding Wade to pay all his attention to her. She is frustrated that the hobby is the only thing Wade is interested in. Wade has no work and no interest in finding any (the whole professional gamer thing is idiot's pipe dream), no interest in spending any time with his girlfriend, and no interest even in taking care of himself. He's apparently also a pretty lousy lay, if Ian doing simple, basic things can fill Cindy with such wonder.

Put it this way -- the only person who really supports Wade's "lifestyle" is Perry, an alcoholic with zero real life experience, who's been lucky enough to be born in a rich family and can still mooch off his father. That should tell everything about the value of Wade's current activities, and why his girlfriend could be quite rightfully completely fed up with the situation.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
1. Wade is a good guy who is experiencing a quarter-life crisis, he finds it difficult to decide where he is going and what to do next. This is experienced by many people and should be taken seriously. Wade deserves moral support, not pressure like Cindy does. This is Cindy, who doesn't see Wade's problems and is fixated on herself. Instead of them sitting down and calmly discussing all their desires and interests as adults, Cindy continues to bully Wade.
How are video games different from other hobbies? Playing videogames the same hobby, as snowbording for example, or surfing. Gamer shaming as always. Bad lazy gamers and bad video games. It's ironic that this is written on a site about video games for adults.
And why Wade is sitting at home can be explained in the game's plot. Thanks to someone, half of Baluart will soon be on welfare or begging.
> She likes when you are generous with her. Translation: She needs a male ATM to pay for all her whims.
Wade is a jobless guy who spends his time playing video games, smoking weed and drinking beer instead of looking for a job. And let's be real, he's too old to become a pro player. That lifestyle and dreaming to make money playing might be all right if you are 16, he's 27. He's also getting fat and doesn't want to do anything he doesn't like just to please his girlfriend. Meanwhile Cindy, who could be more supportive and respectful of his hobbies (that's true), is the one with a job and presumably paying rent and everything else (not sure how she can afford it looking at other characters living situations). And she's only asking to go out sometimes to different places and some passion, she's not asking for anything unreasonable or luxurious. IRL a relationship like that between a guy like Wade and a hot girl like Cindy, you know is destined to end quickly.

And the cheating is absolutely wrong, Cindy should just end the relationship if she's unsatisfied. But again, IRL (at least according to my experience) is fairly common that a girl doesn't end a relationship until she has her next prospect partner kind of secure. I don't mind to say that most girls are going to fuck the next guy while in a relationship but there's going to be flirting, getting to know him and so on. So pretty realistic portrayal IMO that makes Cindy flawed but not necessarily a whore who is gonna cheat on Ian or whoever is her next partner.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Cindy isn't demanding Wade to pay all his attention to her. She is frustrated that the hobby is the only thing Wade is interested in. Wade has no work and no interest in finding any (the whole professional gamer thing is idiot's pipe dream), no interest in spending any time with his girlfriend, and no interest even in taking care of himself.

Put this this way -- the only person who really supports Wade's "lifestyle" is Perry, an alcoholic with zero real life experience, who's been lucky enough to be born in a rich family and can still mooch off his father. That should tell everything about the value of Wade's current activities, and why his girlfriend could be quite rightfully completely fed up with the situation.
Wade became so became passive not without reason. As I said above it's like a quarter life crisis and Wade used to be different since he was able to catch a girl as hot and active as Cindy. After all, the current Wade and Cindy would never get together. There have been events in his life that have changed him and Wade needs serious help and a kick that will help him get back on his feet. Cindy doesn't help at all, she only shames and scolds Wade. This will not help, a person has a defensive reaction and he goes more and more into this comfort zone. Unfortunately, Eva is not a brilliant writer and did not reveal Wade's story in detail. Hell, even if Perry can change for the better and hook up with Cherry (the same Perry I used to hate, and now he's becoming a normal guy), why can't Wade change?
But if Cindy acts in such ways, then she will definitely not turn Wade to "her side".

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I know these make Cindy a more realistic character, more leaning towards reality than other in terms of behavior.

I said this before and I certainly don't like to repeat myself over the same thing which is so easy to understand over and over again but I'm gonna give you a benefit of doubt and say it again, CHEATING IS THE WORST OF THE THINGS YOU CAN DO TO A PERSON WHO CHOSES YOU AND WHOM YOU CHOSE TO BE CLOSEST TO YOU.
Now if the said person whether is Wade, Ian, Axel, Seymour, Jeremy or any other(even on girls side), Cheating is the most disgusting thing that you can do. If you cannot continue simply discuss things and end the drama all together.

Whether the said person is not now the person that was at the start of relationship but NOONE DESERVES TO GET CHEATED ON UNLESS THEY GOT A KINK OR SOMETHING. IT'S THE MOST OBNOXIOUS THING TO THINK IN THE FIRST PLACE THAT SOMEONE DESERVES IT. Why not end things and do whatever you gotta do.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Wade became so became passive not without reason. As I said above it's like a quarter life crisis and Wade used to be different since he was able to catch a girl as hot and active as Cindy. After all, the current Wade and Cindy would never get together. There have been events in his life that have changed him and Wade needs serious help and a kick that will help him get back on his feet. Cindy doesn't help at all, she only shames and scolds Wade. This will not help, a person has a defensive reaction and he goes more and more into this comfort zone.
I think what Cindy is attempting is provide this very kick you mention, in Wade's ass so he gets off his gamer's chair and starts actually getting back on his feet. She is not a professional shrink so her attempt to fix things may be wrong approach, but it's not like she actually understands this, and am not sure why she's being criticized for "not being helpful enough" when she's the one person trying to do something about the situation, while Wade is given a free pass when he's doing absolutely nothing about it.

Hell, even if Perry can change for the better and hook up with Cherry (the same Perry I used to hate, and now he's becoming a normal guy), why can't Wade change?
Because unlike Perry he isn't trying at all, and where Perry can potentially fold under Ian's insistence to get off his ass and do something (or he doesn't, and he stays the same loser he was) Wade completely disregards Cindy. He doesn't go out of his comfort zone the way Perry potentially does, and he has no reason to do it when all he gets is unconditional support from his drunkard friend to keep doing what he's doing, while his girlfriend's efforts only get sabotaged, and she gets bitched out for "not respecting his hobby" and not being supportive enough.

Criticizing Wade might not help, but simply indulging and pampering him is guaranteed to help even less. Why should Wade who can live perfectly satisfied without lifting a finger to do anything but enjoy his hobby, want to change anything about his life?

Last edited:

0tt0von

Dec 19, 2022
Cindy has her flaws but not being supportive enough about her long term boyfriend deciding in his late 20's that he wants to a professional candy taster aint one of them.

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Wade became so became passive not without reason. As I said above it's like a quarter life crisis and Wade used to be different since he was able to catch a girl as hot and active as Cindy. After all, the current Wade and Cindy would never get together. There have been events in his life that have changed him and Wade needs serious help and a kick that will help him get back on his feet. Cindy doesn't help at all, she only shames and scolds Wade. This will not help, a person has a defensive reaction and he goes more and more into this comfort zone. Unfortunately, Eva is not a brilliant writer and did not reveal Wade's story in detail. Hell, even if Perry can change for the better and hook up with Cherry (the same Perry I used to hate, and now he's becoming a normal guy), why can't Wade change?
But if Cindy acts in such ways, then she will definitely not turn Wade to "her side".
Ian notes that Wade has always been a lazy bum, becoming even more complacent after he landed a hot girlfriend that could support him financially. His quarter-life crisis started in high school. He's somehow worse than Perry because Perry is at least self-aware. By the time ORS events start, Wade is merely an acquaintance to Ian; cucking him should be mandatory to put him on a path of self-reflection.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Im the only who thinks Lena face looks really weird here?
A bit but in previous ones she is looking somewhat same not much difference. It's the consistency in character drawing where even some simple angles can be tough to draw and capture the character as the "exact same". But it's not that much different than previous ones (Check Lena's closeups in overall game and you understand that they all are easy to understand who the character is and pretty much align with eachother).

Last edited:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I think what Cindy is attempting is provide this very kick you mention, in Wade's ass so he gets off his gamer's chair and starts actually getting back on his feet. She is not a professional shrink so her attempt to fix things may be wrong approach, but it's not like she actually understands this, and am not sure why she's being criticized for "not being helpful enough" when she's the one person trying to do something about the situation, while Wade is given a free pass when he's doing absolutely nothing about it.

Because unlike Perry he isn't trying at all, and where Perry can potentially fold under Ian's insistence to get off his ass and do something (or he doesn't, and he stays the same loser he was) Wade completely disregards Cindy. He doesn't go out of his comfort zone the way Perry potentially does, and he has no reason to do it when all he gets is unconditional support from his drunkard friend to keep doing what he's doing, while his girlfriend only gets bitched out for "not respecting his hobby" and not being supportive enough.
Exactly, this is a very wrong, toxic approach. "Either me or your video games." Something like that. Imagine that you have some kind of exciting activity, and your girlfriend or other person close to you will ridicule / treat it condescendingly / not take it seriously. Will you be pleased? No. The current Wade and Cindy really do not fit together and, being who they are, will not be able to find common ground. As we have seen, things got worse and worse. I think it's best for them to separate. We're a little over halfway through the game so far and hopefully we'll get a chance to see Wade defeat his demons. He doesn't have to give up his hobbies, but finding a job would be nice. And another girl who will respect his interests more, not as demanding as Cindy. It would be nice to know why Wade gave up and doesn't want to do anything. Maybe this is the responsibility of Mr. Ward - we know that it's hard to find a job in Baluart because of him and other monopolist mobs.

Reactions: SerHawkes

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Ian notes that Wade has always been a lazy bum, becoming even more complacent after he landed a hot girlfriend that could support him financially. His quarter-life crisis started in high school. He's somehow worse than Perry because Perry is at least self-aware. By the time ORS events start, Wade is merely an acquaintance to Ian; cucking him should be mandatory to put him on a path of self-reflection.
Okay. Cucking discussions are back. :HideThePain: But it all started with Cindy

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Exactly, this is a very wrong, toxic approach. "Either me or your video games." Something like that.
But again, it's not "either me or your video games". It's "do something other than your video games for a change, ffs". Am pretty sure if Wade got a job, spent some time every couple weeks going out with Cindy, and learned how to find the clit, Cindy wouldn't give two shits if he played his stupid computer games for hour or two a day.

But if all Wade ever does is play on his computer and get drunk with Perry while complaining together how much of a bitch his girlfriend is, then the only "another, not as demanding" girl who will stand him for more than a week, after Cindy gets fed up and dumps his lazy ass, is Stan getting in touch with his feminine side.

Last edited:
Reactions: Socrambus

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
Wade's bio:

Wade has been friends with Ian and Perry since high school and played in a band together with them. He has never had any trouble with the ladies since his good looks always made him stand out, especially compared to his friends. He always had a few girls to hook up with until he began dating Cindy. Since he never had to really make an effort and he has an incredibly beautiful girlfriend already, he's gotten even more complacent these last few years. Seems all he's interested in is playing video games, drinking beer, and enjoying a simple life. Maybe that's why he and Perry get along really well.
Acording to his bio it seems nothing really happened. Maybe it's just that what works for you when you are a teen or a young adult isn't always going to work as well when you are an adult. Wade was an attractive, easy going, cool guy. As a teen you don't really need more than that, as an adult in a serious relationship living with your girlfriend, you do need more than that. Being an adult comes with responsabilities and it certainly doesn't help if being attractive was one of your good points and you get fat.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
In real life a girl like Cindy would break up with Wade right away,especially in this social media era where getting dates is super easy,especially for pretty people.
I guess for the sake of drama in the game her relation with Wade has to stay the same even if hes a fat loser gamer now,he doenst deserve her through.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes