ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I had a playthrough where Ian and Lena were in a committed relationship with each other. If Ian and Alison and haven't fucked by chapter 11, she invites him back to her place (invitation can be refused) and basically tries to seduce Ian and get him to cheat on Lena, knowing full well that he's been on the receiving end knows what shitty feeling that is. Idgaf if Alison was drunk when she asked that.
It may be worth noting that, for all the hate Alison gets for her actions this Chapter, Holly of all people can potentially pull very much the same shit in this chapter as well -- Lena and Ian can be a couple, but Holly will still throw herself at Lena while paying her a visit, and doesn't even ask, but goes straight for a kiss. And she can't claim she's drunk, either. For many people the only reason things don't escalate to sex right there and then is because the game doesn't give you any input in this regard. :whistle::coffee:

So, yeah. At this rate the only person in the entire game who seems to understand and observe consent and boundaries is Virgin Ivy.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Not wrong. Gillian wasn't even slated to be in the game at all other than being a simple mention. Now that, given EKs reworkings, which I say and will continue to say, make no damn sense nor were asked for nor did she get any sort of feedback prior to doing them, I guess EK wanted to bring Gillian into the play to yet another drama event, which isn't even that dramatical to begin with.
You know I wouldn't even care, but for the fact that she complains about writer's block and we have delays and rewrites. We have plenty of drama that already needs to be resolved. We have had content, Ed for example, which full disclosure I don't give a shit about but I know some of you do, that's gone on the chopping block for brevity, yet she is now adding?:unsure: Obviously, she is far from the worst developer. She has a completed game which is miles a head of most of them. She has a very ambitious two protagonist, multi-branching, large cast game, with decent, thoughtful writing. I just want her to succeed before she becomes burnt out and it becomes yet another abandoned game.:(

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
You know I wouldn't even care, but for the fact that she complains about writer's block and we have delays and rewrites. We have plenty of drama that already needs to be resolved. We have had content, Ed for example, which full disclosure I don't give a shit about but I know some of you do, that's gone on the chopping block for brevity, yet she is now adding?:unsure: Obviously, she is far from the worst developer. She has a completed game which is miles a head of most of them. She has a very ambitious two protagonist, multi-branching, large cast game, with decent, thoughtful writing. I just want her to succeed before she becomes burnt out and it becomes yet another abandoned game.:(
I doubt the game will get abandoned though not wrong with the whole part of her complaining about writers block and such. If she would just hire some writing help that she and her helper can go over with things, bringing in a fresh new set of eyes and writing it would help.

Problem being though, she does these rewrites without any feedback of the sort and expects us all to accept it and call it the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The Reworks So Far
Wade-Had a job, had issues with spark in the relationship / Jobless, trying to become a pro gamer, has issues with spark in relationship. (No one asked for this nor did it add or change anything in the story other than some minor detail.)
Ivy-Ian Bar Scene-If friendly with Axel, hung out with him and Ivy and Jess, got a kiss on the cheek / kiss removed, flirty exchange replaced / Forced into hanging out with Jeremy, Ian-Ivy exchange is friendly/neutral.
Stan-Boring, uninteresting creepy perv who peeked in on Lena whenever she was with someone / Still uninteresting cringy slob who can still peek on Lena with someone, nothing changed other than cheap option for modeling. (Was a waste of time "reworking" Stan, despite her saying she wasn't too thrilled on his character to begin with... YOUR THE ONE WHO CREATED HIM IN THE FUCKING FIRST PLACE EK.)
Prologue-Lena and Ian meet at the cafe / Lena and Ian meet in some alley way, Lena forgets Ian entirely until brought up during a date (Again, no one asked for the change as the OG prologue was entirely fine to begin with.)

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Thanks for the headpats pavlozi. Gotta make my quota somehow.

I doubt the game will get abandoned though not wrong with the whole part of her complaining about writers block and such. If she would just hire some writing help that she and her helper can go over with things, bringing in a fresh new set of eyes and writing it would help.

Problem being though, she does these rewrites without any feedback of the sort and expects us all to accept it and call it the greatest thing since sliced bread.

The Reworks So Far
Wade-Had a job, had issues with spark in the relationship / Jobless, trying to become a pro gamer, has issues with spark in relationship. (No one asked for this nor did it add or change anything in the story other than some minor detail.)
Ivy-Ian Bar Scene-If friendly with Axel, hung out with him and Ivy and Jess, got a kiss on the cheek / kiss removed, flirty exchange replaced / Forced into hanging out with Jeremy, Ian-Ivy exchange is friendly/neutral.
Stan-Boring, uninteresting creepy perv who peeked in on Lena whenever she was with someone / Still uninteresting cringy slob who can still peek on Lena with someone, nothing changed other than cheap option for modeling. (Was a waste of time "reworking" Stan, despite her saying she wasn't too thrilled on his character to begin with... YOUR THE ONE WHO CREATED HIM IN THE FUCKING FIRST PLACE EK.)
Prologue-Lena and Ian meet at the cafe / Lena and Ian meet in some alley way, Lena forgets Ian entirely until brought up during a date (Again, no one asked for the change as the OG prologue was entirely fine to begin with.)
Spot on about Stan. I think I remember talk about a Robert rewrite too if I am not mistaken.

Reactions: pavlogrk

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the headpats pavlozi. Gotta make my quota somehow.

Spot on about Stan. I think I remember talk about a Robert rewrite too if I am not mistaken.
Gotta love head pats.

Don't think Robert got a true rewrite though more tweaks. Then again... considering I put him down (along with 99% of others) early on he's the most forgetable. So I could be off with that regard.

Reactions: | Vee | and Gato21

2016er

Jun 20, 2017
I agree, Stan is a total creep and got high potential to eat Lena's internal organs in the future, but Lena and Louise also walk around the house without pants.
Nothing wrong with running around in your underwear around the house.
I wish there was a path where Stan became a serial killer and Ian's goal is to save his girls from this psycho.

• Angry
Reactions: Balsamic

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Same old mommysboiii. Cindy I understand, already cheated on Wade, as well as Gillian who cheated on Ian, but why Alison? Isn't that more like sharing if Ian's in a relationship with her vs actual cuckoldry? Oh, and Gillian is redundant, FYI. EK wasn't going to add her later and it should have stayed that way. Can barely keep up with this tangled mess and she adds like ten (or whatever) new characters the last two chapters, SMH. Thankfully, art and programing demands will be most likely light for the majority of them. Promise from here on my final whine fest about Gillian (more like addition, complication of game), maybe.
Well... Alison/Ian relationship does have the text options in Chapter 11 to continue the I/A/J threesomes even if Ian put in an embarrassingly bad performance during the last one. So the door is pretty wide open there on how Eva plays that specific situation out. It already seems well set-up for a path, based on Ian's previous voyeuristic tendencies in certain path combinations. On the other hand, some text in I/A's chapter 11 convo does potentially throw a monkey wrench in there, with Alison stating she prefers Ian's company in more ways than one, regardless of Ian's previous performance. But that could also be a case of Eva intentionally writing Alison as an "unreliable narrator" (or technically, unreliable NPC), based on her potential reactions in the Chapter 10 threesome scenes. I wouldn't put it past Alison to tell a few little white lies to boost Ian's ego in that specific scenario, especially as she's still pining for a relationship with him.

Last edited:

Esti

Oct 14, 2017
If criticism does not seek out faults, but only deliberately emphasizes the merits or paints the faults in a misleading color of merit — it is not criticism, it is propaganda.

And how can a bad author become a better author if reviewers suck up their work because a big publishing house is behind them?

Not to mention the reader who will get a very different experience than they expected because of false, flattering reviews.

Anyway, denying someone empathy because of an unwillingness to participate in something vicious and deceitful is an odd take to say the least. Just on Ian's part, it's quite empathic to let the reader know what a particular work is really about, and for the author to finally get an honest feedback. And Minerva is trying in every way to drive him out of the magazine and humiliate him and not appreciate really quality work, so she's the one who lacks empathy.
And you missed the point of my post entirely. Propaganda or not - it's your take, not the author or the publishing house. And that he needs to grow and become a better author - it's your take as well. You basically disregarded feelings of the author and a publishing house just now. Why? Because you thought that it's a right thing to do and you have another perspective. And I agree with you! Moreso, I was in Ian shoes and did exactly as he have done. The kiker is... Cherry did the same thing. She disregarded feelings of the total stranger because she had another perspective. Of course what she've done is worse because it was in relationships, not in professional sphere, and because we know Lena and have some empathy towards her, but the point stands nonetheless.

I'm not trying to say that what Cherry have done is right. It isn't. But what Cherry have done is flawed, human and excusable. And to call her shit human being for the things Ian (take any of his playthroughs aside from devoted boyfriend in a monogamus relationships, like with Emma or Cindy) does and goes scott free is strange.

Last edited:

Esti

Oct 14, 2017
Same old mommysboiii. Cindy I understand, already cheated on Wade, as well as Gillian who cheated on Ian, but why Alison? Isn't that more like sharing if Ian's in a relationship with her vs actual cuckoldry?
It's because of the reasons he (and people like him) love cuckoldry so much: humiliation. They crave to be humiliated by the person they are in love or lust, to be denied, proven unworthy and so on. And I think that mommysboiii hopes that it will happen with Alison too.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022

The Reworks So Far
One thing I would say Writer's block exists I've been living near that block and faced writer's block dilemma when writing an essay on Adult games benefit's.

Jokes aside, Writer's block exists. It also depends on writer's thinking, It can be bcz of various thing's such as need to make character in a certain way, representing character's to make them fit in the main story bcz now main story is now progressing towards different direction, now character have to behave in a certain way due to their growth in story as an outcome of choices/routes, introducing new ways to create more engagement/investment/avoid criticism of audience, and lastly overthinking of writer.

I didn't play EK's GGGB so I can't say about her style of writing but from ORS, EK is refining things as going with the story and changing and refining minor things in story as going forward and that's not a bad thing. Writer's usually write like this. AND REMEMBER this story is still in development, meaning changes/refining are mandatory and will occur till the completion of story. It can be viewed by us unnecessary but from writer's POV that might be where he/she doesn't want his/her character's. Also a writer has to do justice to each of it's character according to story and some may be given opportunities/stats that other characters can't get. So there are various ways a story may unfold till it's completion. And we can disagree with it, it's not a big deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtmtmt007
4.60 star(s) 319 Votes