dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I think it is on epside 8. When Emma offer drugs to Ian, if Ian says "I am in" or have doubts if he wants to consume them or not, if he accepts it the game starts to giving errors and entering that scipt screen where you can "rollback" or "ignore". And you can't just get away from it. Does anyone knows if there is a fix?
If I choose the option, not use drugs though, it goes on normally. I assume the game just don't want me to use drugs, but still I wanna find a fix so I can try the other options :D
Yeah... She's going to have to redesign this if/when released to steam. Too many people don't get it and likely no-one who hasn't played an alpha/beta in renpy will think it's anything other than an error. Most of us are used to the Renpy errors by now and figured out it was a puzzle by going through the regular motions to attempt to get out of it.

MarkOlsen : It's a puzzle.

Last edited:
Reactions: vsd29

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Yeah the drug trip was kinda annoying asf. Didn't really make the game better but was a slow sequence that you couldn't skip.
I thought it was mildly entertaining the first time. Not "mind blown" like some fans on here. But on subsequent playthroughs, it's my least favorite part of the game because it's not skippable, which gets pretty annoying. At the same time, I don't want to just opt out, in case it influences Ian's book success in later chapters, since he spends some time writing during the trip.

Reactions: vsd29 and zOrg5

Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
The thing is, if it is not Ian to fuck her, it is gonna be Alex, so it is better if it stays in the neighborhood :D. None of these girls are worth it anything besides, Holly. I just don't know why Lena gets mad at Ian for fucking Holly when she is fucking everuone else.
I have no issue about IanxCindy in fact this was one of my first runs, but nonetheless My Ian in this run felt like genuine shit for going behind Wade's back even trying to encourage Wade to "Get his girl" but when it came down to it, chose to be their for Cindy, and got caught up in that(especially since Axel just rubbed him the wrong way from the get go).

if were talking about morality then Lena, Holly, and Emma are at the top as Lena is only as shitty as you play her. All the women though except Ivy and Louise are "worth it" in their own ways, even though "worth" is subjective any way.

btw you can reply to multiple comment at once by simply hitting reply on each comment.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
I have no issue about IanxCindy in fact this was one of my first runs, but nonetheless My Ian in this run felt like genuine shit for going behind Wade's back even trying to encourage Wade to "Get his girl" but when it came down to it, chose to be their for Cindy, and got caught up in that(especially since Axel just rubbed him the wrong way from the get go).

if were talking about morality then Lena, Holly, and Emma are at the top as Lena is only as shitty as you play her. All the women though except Ivy and Louise are "worth it" in their own ways, even though "worth" is subjective any way.

btw you can reply to multiple comment at once by simply hitting reply on each comment.
True. The only one my mc would have a serious relationship is Holly though. I will tell you why. If we both are having fun Lena, Me with some girls and Lena with Louise and some guys, she still wanna judge Ian for having slept with Holly even he being honest to holly and Lena through the whole time. Lena was never open about who she is fucking to him. This is when I give them both the freedom to date who they want. on Ian's side he goes for Alison, Emma, Holly and Lena. On Lena side, she goes for the DJ, Ian, Louise and uses axel pictures. She also play with her fans. And Ian knows about her erotic model profession and doesn't Judge her, but she does to him. That for me is a "no go" with Lena.

Another thing that has nothing to do with the subject but I noticed and kinda made me sad is how guys force themselves on Girls. Just because Lena was nice to Robert and went in a date with him he tries to kiss her even when she isn't flirting or anything, he first lured her into go in a date using the work problem as an excuse. Saying he is gonna tell her what is going on. Then he never tells he knows about her modeling, so he already assumed from what he saw that if she is that kind of model she would go out with him and have sex. He tries to force himself on her. Very bad attitude. Then Axel. He goes after her family, she gives him a chance to explain himself, he says he is sorry, she accepts his apologies but makes it clear that whatever they had is in the past. But when he has a chance to work with her again he also takes advantage of her by kissing her and she has to push him twice for him to release her. And the last is the Seymour guy. So if the girl doesn't wanna work with him, he will try to destroy her life and not let her have any job.
And funny is. In real life men usually treat women like that we just don't realize it most of time. When she turned down Seymour, she went for axel to keep doing her modeling job and he tries to force himself on her. The other guy would only help her at work if she slept with him. And the third won't let her have a job if she doesn't do the erotic voyeur stuff that he wants.
It leaves her with Stan, the fucking creepy guy. If she is understanding and nice with him, he will remain being a creppy towards her.
In my gameplay she is Jobless :D.

Nov 15, 2020
If we both are having fun Lena, Me with some girls and Lena with Louise and some guys, she still wanna judge Ian for having slept with Holly even he being honest to holly and Lena through the whole time.
If Ian sleeps with Holly while he’s also sexually involved with Lena, Lena’s harsh response isn’t just about her own feelings, but also Holly’s. Unlike Alison, Cindy and the others, Holly has become a friend of Lena. And Lena knows that Holly’s got feelings for Ian, which should be obvious to Ian as well.

Ian is also the first guy Lena is close to starting something serious with after her breakup with Axel, and we know how that relationship ended. So when Ian sleeps with Holly seemingly without caring about her feelings, which also could be a threath to Lena’s friendship with Holly, she reacts different than she would if Ian had sex with someone else (she reacts pretty rational even when she finds out that he slept with Cherry). Ian sleeping with someone random doesn’t make him a worse person in Lena’s eyes, but Ian sleeping with Holly does, also because it probably reminds her of how she’s been treated by Axel in the past.

I do however agree that it’s not perfectly executed in the game, also because it’s so obvious that Lena herself should’ve told Holly she had something going on with Ian, especially when she knew they were going to the book fair together. Eva made some changes to the dialogue from the Alpha to the final version of that chapter, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s one of the plotlines she’s refining in the reworked version.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
If Ian sleeps with Holly while he’s also sexually involved with Lena, Lena’s harsh response isn’t just about her own feelings, but also Holly’s. Unlike Alison, Cindy and the others, Holly has become a friend of Lena. And Lena knows that Holly’s got feelings for Ian, which should be obvious to Ian as well.

Ian is also the first guy Lena is close to starting something serious with after her breakup with Axel, and we know how that relationship ended. So when Ian sleeps with Holly seemingly without caring about her feelings, which also could be a threath to Lena’s friendship with Holly, she reacts different than she would if Ian had sex with someone else (she reacts pretty rational even when she finds out that he slept with Cherry). Ian sleeping with someone random doesn’t make him a worse person in Lena’s eyes, but Ian sleeping with Holly does, also because it probably reminds her of how she’s been treated by Axel in the past.

I do however agree that it’s not perfectly executed in the game, also because it’s so obvious that Lena herself should’ve told Holly she had something going on with Ian, especially when she knew they were going to the book fair together. Eva made some changes to the dialogue from the Alpha to the final version of that chapter, but it wouldn’t surprise me if that’s one of the plotlines she’s refining in the reworked version.
Holly is ok with Ian being sexually involved with other girls, because he is honest to her and he tells her at his current life situation he can't have a serious relationship. Even after everything that happened, she comes to his house to have sex with him again. She is also an adult.
In my gameplay, Lena not only has continuous sex with Ian but also with Mike, Louise, Masturbate to her ex and interact with her fans, doing her "modeling job". It kind of goes further than the modeling. But yet she is giving Ian a hard time. Even in another gameplay, where she sucks Jeremy Dick, even knowing that Ian is Jeremy friend and Louise trusts her as a friend, she goes and gives a blowjob to Jeremy when louise leaves the house and have sex with him. So how can Lena Judge Ian? When Ian was at least honest to holly about who he is fucking and she is never honest to her roomate louise or even to Ian? That is either bad writing or she is an hypocrite :D
But now that things ended between Ian and Lena, he can just enjoy Holly without Lena, she is the only one who lost. And now she has to deal with seymour who is clearly harrasing her. Keep fucking Mike who already told her he has a GF. Fucking Jeremy, that at this point have been with all girls Ian fucked, the only difference is, Ian lost all girls, and Jeremy keeps fucking them, apparently he is the good guy. I think that saying is true: "Once you go black, you never go back" lol.

Nov 15, 2020
Holly is ok with Ian being sexually involved with other girls, because he is honest to her and he tells her at his current life situation he can't have a serious relationship. Even after everything that happened, she comes to his house to have sex with him again.
But Holly is extraordinarily bad at standing up for herself. Ian could probably have fucked her and then told her to get out of the hotel room because he wanted to sleep alone, and next morning Holly would still tell him it was totally OK after spending the night sleeping on the floor in the hallway. And she’s afraid of telling Lena what happened, so it does lead her into problems, she just doesn’t want to bother Ian about it (see: "bad at standing up for herself"). In addition he only tells her about his involvement with Lena after they’ve had sex, which is convenient for Ian, but not exactly the best way to handle the situation.

I’m having trouble keeping control of all the different paths by now, but I think you’re also mixing up two different paths for Holly. If Holly meets and has sex with Ian at his apartment in chapter 9, that’s because Ian told her the night at the hotel wasn’t a one time thing, which in turn is only available if Ian and Lena aren’t serious about each other. In that scenario I’m pretty certain Lena reacts differently when she finds out what happened at the book fair. If Lena and Ian are serious, I don’t think we have the option to tell Holly it wasn’t a one time thing, and I don’t think Holly and Ian will meet in chapter 9 either. (Correct me if I’m wrong here, I absolutely might be.)

Even in another gameplay, where she sucks Jeremy Dick, even knowing that Ian is Jeremy friend and Louise trusts her as a friend, she goes and gives a blowjob to Jeremy when louise leaves the house and have sex with him. So how can Lena Judge Ian? When Ian was at least honest to holly about who he is fucking and she is never honest to her roomate louise or even to Ian? That is either bad writing or she is an hypocrite :D
Oh, Lena is absolutely a hypocrite if she’s involved with Jeremy. That’s worse than Ian sleeping with Holly, as Jeremy has been Ian’s friend forever, and he’s also the boyfriend of her friend and room mate. She’s also a hypocrite if she has sex with Mike and dirty talks about him cheating on his girlfriend — considering Lena herself has struggled for a long time because Axel cheated on her. And then when she has sex with Axel literally just hours after having the relationship talk with Ian, and then the events with Seymour a few days after …

But isn’t that a big part of the fun as well, being able to play both Ian and Lena as either nice and faithful or ending up doing shitty things over and over? And while Ian so far can’t have sex with Holly without some consequences to his relationship with Lena, there’s a lot of other options for him where he can act equally shitty and get away with it (for now). Like him having sex with Cindy in her and Wade’s bed, also just hours after the relationship talk with Lena.

Solomon Grundy

Nov 25, 2021
Holly is ok with Ian being sexually involved with other girls, because he is honest to her and he tells her at his current life situation he can't have a serious relationship. Even after everything that happened, she comes to his house to have sex with him again. She is also an adult.
But Holly is extraordinarily bad at standing up for herself. Ian could probably have fucked her and then told her to get out of the hotel room because he wanted to sleep alone, and next morning Holly would still tell him it was totally OK after spending the night sleeping on the floor in the hallway.
Yeah, I think it's pretty clear that if Ian tries to have a casual thing with Holly, she is very much not okay with it. She's just super into him, has massive self esteem issues, and will put up with just about anything. Some pretty good writing, that.

And yes, you can absolutely play a route where Lena has issues with behavior from Ian that she herself engages in. People are weird, complicated, conflicted creatures. Again, good writing.

Olsens.M

Apr 23, 2021
But Holly is extraordinarily bad at standing up for herself. Ian could probably have fucked her and then told her to get out of the hotel room because he wanted to sleep alone, and next morning Holly would still tell him it was totally OK after spending the night sleeping on the floor in the hallway. And she’s afraid of telling Lena what happened, so it does lead her into problems, she just doesn’t want to bother Ian about it (see: "bad at standing up for herself"). In addition he only tells her about his involvement with Lena after they’ve had sex, which is convenient for Ian, but not exactly the best way to handle the situation.

I’m having trouble keeping control of all the different paths by now, but I think you’re also mixing up two different paths for Holly. If Holly meets and has sex with Ian at his apartment in chapter 9, that’s because Ian told her the night at the hotel wasn’t a one time thing, which in turn is only available if Ian and Lena aren’t serious about each other. In that scenario I’m pretty certain Lena reacts differently when she finds out what happened at the book fair. If Lena and Ian are serious, I don’t think we have the option to tell Holly it wasn’t a one time thing, and I don’t think Holly and Ian will meet in chapter 9 either. (Correct me if I’m wrong here, I absolutely might be.)

Oh, Lena is absolutely a hypocrite if she’s involved with Jeremy. That’s worse than Ian sleeping with Holly, as Jeremy has been Ian’s friend forever, and he’s also the boyfriend of her friend and room mate. She’s also a hypocrite if she has sex with Mike and dirty talks about him cheating on his girlfriend — considering Lena herself has struggled for a long time because Axel cheated on her. And then when she has sex with Axel literally just hours after having the relationship talk with Ian, and then the events with Seymour a few days after …

But isn’t that a big part of the fun as well, being able to play both Ian and Lena as either nice and faithful or ending up doing shitty things over and over? And while Ian so far can’t have sex with Holly without some consequences to his relationship with Lena, there’s a lot of other options for him where he can act equally shitty and get away with it (for now). Like him having sex with Cindy in her and Wade’s bed, also just hours after the relationship talk with Lena.
That is exactly what I am talking about. I went in a path caring for lena, and even in that path she would also have a thing with louise, she had kissed holly. etc. When she ended her fling with Ian because of holly. I decided to make another path to see how she reacts. This other path, she goes for mike and that gf conversation, she sucks Jeremy and after that keeps having sex with him. and has sex dreams with Axel. In this second path, I only didnt go for the guys who were trying to force her or trick her into dating/having sex with them (Robert, Axel and Seimour). And she acts the same way with Ian. When lena ends things with Ian in this path, and Ian tells Holly that he has nothing serious with Lena, it is just sex and he is still single. She is relieved because he has told her he didnt have a girfriend, he was single, that doesn't mean he doesn't have a sex life (and holly gets it, she even tells him that she didn't expect he wasn't having sex with other girls). Being in a relationship with a girfriend and being single having a sex life it is 2 different things, and holly knows that. Holly also tells at some point when with Lena and Ivy that one of her fantasies is having a 3some. In this path after Lena ends things with Ian, Ian is only fucking 2 girls at this point, Emma and Holly.
As we all agree with it not being bad writing. Lena is just being hypocrite on my opinion. Specially with Mike and Jeremy situation, but specially with Jeremy who is Ian's friend.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes