dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
The dual protagonists make this game more complex than it should be, and since EK is the sole dev, further updates will take even longer when accounting for the various paths the game already has (not counting any potential body variations, eg the tattoos for Lena). She has been building up this game, but I feel like it will come crashing down in the end like GGGB (which became a cheesy and hilarious fuck fest near the end).
EK said that she expects the game to have 20-25 episodes, which is too long when taking into consideration the update frequency and game complexity (not mentioning that futher updates get watered down due to branching paths). She is feeling burnout, and it will only increase when going forward. IMO she should wrap the game up by episode 14-15, and focus on a more 'simpler' game with a single protagonist (eg -Most people did not play the 'good' path in GGGB anyway, so why not make a game where the protagonist is already corrupted, and build from there?)
It's choices and replayablity that made these games fun take that away what else is there apart from the 2d arts

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
It's choices and replayablity that made these games fun take that away what else is there apart from the 2d arts
Because it creates too many branches, and at some point the updates will just be diluted over multiple paths reducing the quality. EK is not some AAA dev, she's an artist who knows how to code. Look at the trend of games here, 95% of the complex branching games end up getting abandoned. 95% of the games which are older than 2 years are abandoned.
The longer and complex EK makes the story, the harder she will find to pump out updates regularly. ORS started at approx 5 weeks per release, then it became 8 weeks, then it became 10 weeks and now its been over 3 months (granted that she is working on steam release and rewrites).

dobzzz

Feb 7, 2018
Because it creates too many branches, and at some point the updates will just be diluted over multiple paths reducing the quality. EK is not some AAA dev, she's an artist who knows how to code. Look at the trend of games here, 95% of the complex branching games end up getting abandoned. 95% of the games which are older than 2 years are abandoned.
The longer and complex EK makes the story, the harder she will find to pump out updates regularly. ORS started at approx 5 weeks per release, then it became 8 weeks, then it became 10 weeks and now its been over 3 months (granted that she is working on steam release and rewrites).
Im not saying there should be 8 or 10 branches for me 3-4 is enough but I personally think we should keep our lecture on how a game should progress to ourselves give maximum freedom to the creator cuz it's their game I know waiting is hard but not giving a creator their freedom will result them in losing interest

Last edited:

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
Im not saying there should be 8 or 10 branches for me 3-4 is enough but I personally think we should keep our lecture on how a game should progress to ourselves give maximum freedom to the creator cuz it's their game I know waiting is hard but not giving a creator their freedom will result them in losing interest
One thing I don't like about ORS it's the point that each update/chapter focus on a set of characters leaving behind other characters or in some cases, two updates without new developments for other characters. I understand that for certain characters the start of the relationship begins later on the game (maybe there is a development before that, like in the cases of Cindy and Holly for example). But in my opinion, once you can start a relationship with a character, there must be an important event with this character on succesive chapters, even if that means repeat the scene but changing the characters (and I mean the action scenes).

I understand that it's hard to make art for every event with every character...But I think that Eva solved that well with GGGB, meaning that she used the same scenes but with different characters, that way you can give more or less the same number of content with all characters.

My point it's that if the game it becomes longer with more events or even adding relationships with other characters it's gonna be more complex and probably no 100% satisfactory because probably certain characters will fall off in number of scenes.

But as I just said I understand that it's not easy to make a big interactive visual novel with a lot of branches and characters.

Last edited:

fute8848

May 16, 2021
Can someone explain how GGGB and this game dont have ntr tag?
I played GGGB before, protagonist was basically sleeping with everyone, she also had a love interest.
Just how... /o\
It is really not an actual ntr game tbh, and I think this game has the ntr tag on the fap-nation and others websites

Reactions: Kaparzo
4.60 star(s) 313 Votes