Reasoon

Apr 8, 2018
A few thoughts after doing a couple of playthroughs:

Really like the new prologue. Firstly, I like the setting because it's so relatable; seeing someone sitting alone outside a club, wondering if you should talk to them or if they just want to be left alone. The fact that Ian decides to talk to her, makes their lives tied together because of an active choice, not just because they keep bumping into each other at the start of the story.

That scene, together with the new pictures and inner monologue about Gillian, also makes their previous relationships more actively involved in the story. Though I feel we now should learn more about the actual breakup between Ian and Gillian at some point.

The rest of the adjustments in the first four–five chapters overall work really well too, I think (though it's impossible to keep track of all the changes). For the last few chapters Lena's been the one using Robert, not the other way around, and now that's more visible earlier in the story as well. That also makes it easier to follow Lena's logic when she's having casual sex with Robert, but waits to have sex with Ian.

I also wrote earlier that Seymour's path would benefit from being slightly more developed before the scene in chapter 9. I think their rewritten first photoshoot managed to do that, along with the fact that Lena can now think about how the shoot turned her on, and that Seymour's powerful position in the city is talked about more. She doesn't know what she's getting herself into before their meeting in chapter 9, but she knows more than enough to give her reasons to back off if she's not intrigued by the attention he's giving her.

Also really loved that Lena's friendship (and eventual potential relationship) to Holly isn't as dependent on Ian as before. And Stan's path works way better now. I'm not that interested in it, but either way he's now a coherent character instead of changing from chapter to chapter because Eva doesn't know what she's gonna do with him.

Billy: I'll reserve my complete judgement until we know more about the reasons for his change, but I agree it was a big WTF moment. I support it if Eva doesn't want two black characters who's basically there just because of the BBC kink. But if that's the case, it would surely be better to have a more varied cast of coloured people from the beginning, instead of changing Billy the way she did now. I guess we'll might get an explanation after the final version is out.
That pretty much sums up my opinion of this Update as well so for now I'll keep my Thoughts and not gonna write something until the Final Version of this Remaster is out! Thanks for that! :D

But the best Thing in the new Update is definitely the Gillian stuff for me! I'm really intrigued in which Direction this will go.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
After the 2nd Ian date Lena says she wants to fuck Robert even tho In the Agenda page he is pissed off at me and I rejected him at the bar.
did this happen to anyone else?
Yep, I wrote about this a few pages ago. At this point, if you go to the bar with Robert, you get that mologue regardless of relationship points.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I think I know why people are having trouble with Minerva. There might be a bug if you decide to hand in the book proposal yourself instead of giving it to Lena. If you did honest reivew or switch review and decide to hand in the proposal yourself, the game doesn't give you the choice to show up at the office when Seymour is there. That messes up the whole chain with Minerva, and probably leads to other bad outcomes. You can use console to add v5_ian_showup = True at the start of Chapter 5.

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
In my old saves I had the feeling that a Ian that goes on high stat route/chad Ian gets all the content or a Lena that plays more like a ivy. In the current remaster has this changed???(I mean if you play a shy lena more like holly or a Ian that is more of a loser typ of guy do you get content/rewarded for you choices for exaple minvera has potential of dom route or blackmail ian would be cool conflict if he is in the office and ina relationship with holly or cheating holly/cindy or whatever) or does this game still fav high stat ian/lena?? because i like too roleplay my cheracters otherwise stats would make no sense for me because this was my only problem with the game the rest is perfect music,writting different path cheracters 11/10 game one of the best i played (y) (y)

Reactions: alexferno
Nov 15, 2020
Is the new update worth playing from the beginning? Any major changes?
no , new prologue, thats all
The prologue is one of the few completely new parts, but it's not correct that that's all. There's a lot of new artwork, and most of the paths have been enchanced—varying from just smaller changes to complete revamps (Stan). In my view it's absolutely worth it to play it again from the beginning. And in any case: There's a lot of changes in the code, so the old saves won't work when chapter 10 drops, so in that sense it's necessary to start from the beginning. Though as always, it's best to wait until the final version to make the saves to use for next chapter.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi! Can anyone help me with a question? When I came to the point where I decide how to answer Cindy´s instagram photo, I had enough points for two answers (wit and sex), at least according to the old walkthrough, but I all were greyed out, only the standard emoji was avaialbe. How much have some requierements changed? Thanks!

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
In my old saves I had the feeling that a Ian that goes on high stat route/chad Ian gets all the content or a Lena that plays more like a ivy. In the current remaster has this changed???(I mean if you play a shy lena more like holly or a Ian that is more of a loser typ of guy do you get content/rewarded for you choices for exaple minvera has potential of dom route or blackmail ian would be cool conflict if he is in the office and ina relationship with holly or cheating holly/cindy or whatever) or does this game still fav high stat ian/lena?? because i like too roleplay my cheracters otherwise stats would make no sense for me because this was my only problem with the game the rest is perfect music,writting different path cheracters 11/10 game one of the best i played (y) (y)
You are not gonna unlock exclusive scenes by keeping stats low or something. It can change some dialogue to fit the style and also obviously disable choices that require high stats. By roleplaying a certain type of shy/loser/loyal character, you are intentionally missing some scenes to make a better story for yourself. If you try to catch as many scenes as possible in one run, it will just be Ian and Lena banging everything that moves. If you want no strings attached sex frenzy, or if you want Ian and Lena cheating on each other, that's a fine way to play though.

For me, I like cheating when the victim doesn't deserve it because that makes it more fucked up. If they cheat on each other or just have an open relationship, it's kinda boring.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
Good changes......and now we have to wait.....2 months for version 10?
Even if Eva doesn't have any personal problems or difficulties in general, I doubt very much that Chapter 10 is even possible to create in two months by any means. The plot is now gaining its highest point of momentum and after Seymour drops the bomb, it needs proper development of this and other branches (especially if Lena has declined the offer). Clearly the routine of past chapters will change one way or another. So, it needs some good visionary and writing. And it will take some good amount of time. Unless it's a pretty small update.

CoalPhelps

Aug 19, 2018
There was already a discussion here that the bi-monthly system is not coming back, only for some small Chapters. The number of its branches makes the game more and more difficult to develop, both for Eva and the rest of the team.

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
There was already a discussion here that the bi-monthly system is not coming back, only for some small Chapters. The number of its branches makes the game more and more difficult to develop, both for Eva and the rest of the team.
So, maybe 4 months?

If we are in the middle of the story, that means 10 or 11 more chapters... So 3-4 years easily to have the complete game.

aifgamer

Apr 11, 2018
Whoa, the sparkling explosions when you level a skill are way too much. Please tell me those can be turned off or toned down.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes