patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Very funny hahaha.. :p
are you an EvaKiss defender?
anyway I do not want to talk about you (as you have done to me) because I'm just talking about this game
and I don't care about your thinking of my style as young boy.;)

EvaKiss is a great developer that write very good story as female protagonist (usually)
and it was interesting to me to see the start of her new job,
Good Girl Gone Bad was a great game since when it was at only 500MB size.
I do not know if i will change my mind about Red Strings but actually this game is very boring except for the Lena story.
Lena Story is (as always for EvaKiss) very well written and even it is ony at the start is very interesting.
I cannot say the same for Ian Story that is actually boring.
in any case there is also a problem with the 2D graphic... I personally prefer 3D renders in a game because we are in the 2020.

The story is very important in a 2D graphic game... so I hope that the Ian path will be reduced or will became more interesting.

that is just a part of my personal review about this game.
I don't think being in 2020 has anything to do with 3D graphics. 2D is a medium, you use it to express something, an emotion, a story.
Just because Chihiro is in 2D doesn't mean it's not modern animation. It doesn't make it worse than say Toy Story - and vice versa. Personally I really enjoy Eva kiss style and I'd rather have that than some generic 3D. I think it conveys the emotions of the game better too. IMO of course

As for Ian story being boring well... Let's agree to disagree. First of all it's only the start of the game. Then you already have some paths that I think are interesting - his career, his training, the story with Cindy, with Alison, etc... Obviously the start of a relation with Lena. And I really appreciate the multiplicity of points of views.
I'm looking forward to the developpements of the story.

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
I don't think being in 2020 has anything to do with 3D graphics. 2D is a medium, you use it to express something, an emotion, a story.
Just because Chihiro is in 2D doesn't mean it's not modern animation. It doesn't make it worse than say Toy Story - and vice versa. Personally I really enjoy Eva kiss style and I'd rather have that than some generic 3D. I think it conveys the emotions of the game better too. IMO of course

As for Ian story being boring well... Let's agree to disagree. First of all it's only the start of the game. Then you already have some paths that I think are interesting - his career, his training, the story with Cindy, with Alison, etc... Obviously the start of a relation with Lena. And I really appreciate the multiplicity of points of views.
I'm looking forward to the developpements of the story.
you are free to like 2D... ( it is like a childish cartoon) this is just my personal point of view and do not change the fact that GGGB is one of the best adult game for me.
2D requires a great story to be good.
Good luck

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
you are free to like 2D... ( it is like a childish cartoon) this is just my personal point of view and do not change the fact that GGGB is one of the best adult game for me.
2D requires a great story to be good.
Good luck
What a limited way to look at different mediums. So, would you say Berserk is a childish cartoon ? And Monster and Co is only for grown-ups ?

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
As someone mentionned before, he's showing off a lot but his renaming of the "Child" into the "Master" proves he doesn't understand Nietsche's philosphy either. So I'd like both girls to show him he's not all that.
Seriously. His understanding is of the one who spent 5 minutes reading descriptions of each one and getting them completely wrong to fit his shallow and predatory understanding of morality. Nietzsche was against the status quo, the establishment that dictated their archaic rules and believed that people can achieve something much more if they free their minds and let go of their earthly tethers to be able to do so. The Child rediscovers the world anew and becomes aware of the philosophy "Nothing Is True, Everything is Permitted" and acts on it responsibly (being aware of the consequences of your actions and acting with them in mind). Seymour doesn't seem to care about the responsibility and simply wants to take more because he believes that it's either take or be taken. A "Lion" deceived by the Dragon into thinking that he's "The Master".

defd©™

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 6, 2019
What a limited way to look at different mediums. So, would you say Berserk is a childish cartoon ? And Monster and Co is only for grown-ups ?
Maybe you do not understand my point
too me the 2D graphic remember the Hanna&Barbera cartoons
maybe you are young and do not know that... they are good but hilarious in a way not good for adult game
and that is wht GGGB is fantastic.. because the story is very good.
Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 18.42.17.png

I think the writing of Ian in this game is not as good as Lena writing to me and I hope that it is not a limit of EvaKiss that as I know is great on female protagonist game...
this is interesting but until today my favourite MC of this game is Lena!
and last...
i think that Ian story is not good using 2D graphic and it will remain a littlebit hilarious

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
Maybe you do not understand my point
too me the 2D graphic remember the Hanna&Barbera cartoons
maybe you are young and do not know that... they are good my hilarious in a way not good for adult game
and that is wht GGGB is fantastic.. because the story is very good.
View attachment 684858

I think the writing of Ian in this game is not as good as Lena writing to me and I hope that it is not a limit of EvaKiss that as I know is great on female protagonist game...
this is interesting but until today my favourite MC of this game is Lena!
and last...
i think that Ian story is not good using 2D graphic and it will remain a littlebit hilarious
Like I said... 2D is just a way to express a story. A medium. Would you say a Picasso painting is childish ? Because it is 2D compared to a photography ? It's about the emotion you convey with the medium you're using.
The japanese are masters at that. Manga are classified into different genres, and just because they're drawings doesn't mean they're only childish. They can be pretty dark and very adult indeed.
The same goes with animation. If you don't know much about japanese animation and manga let me use another example :
Rick and Morty. It is pretty adult, yeah ? Gravity falls, a contrario is more childish - even if there's multiple layers of jokes in the show.

It's all about what you want to express.

And before you make another assumption about my age, no, I wouldn't say i'm exactly young. I'm old enough that I've seen more 2D shows that I'd care to talk about and I actually had a degree in directing and animating cartoon movies when I was younger -and before I decided to do something else with my life.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Who is Ian?
It is such as boring looser character to me.
The only good path of this game is Lena...
... I skip all path that are not related with Lena...
anyway this type a 2D game are not for me (cartoon old style graphic)...
the GGGB was an amazing game (even is 2D graphic too) only because the story of a girl that is
the state of the art about women freedom!
It was only 1 MC that is perfect to my taste in a story
and even better the MC is a very intriguing female.

so I'm sorry to say that this is a very boring game at least for the 50% dedicated to a boring male MC.
Don't worry, nothing but bad things will happen to Ian, unfortunately Lena will end up dead.

Reactions: defd©™
Jun 15, 2017
So, what is everyone's thought on Emma? So far she seems to share her screen time with Wade and is not as actively featured in the story as other girls. She seems to be interested in politics and presents another perspective on what's happening in ORS-world politics and the economy. What do you think would be her role in the story? Would it be possible for her to gain some support and actually start actively opposing the status quo and fight for the changes against the likes of Seymour? What about her role in Ian's and Lena's path? She seems to have a fun personality and a head on her shoulders. I personally want to see more of her and explore her character more to make her feel more important.
Oh damn ... I kinda tend to forget about her, she doesn't get much attention and we're already on Ch.3.
I think it's because she doesn't appeal much to me although she seems like a very fun person to be around, she kinda fade away in Cindy's shade because Cindy is more beautiful (in my opinion) and is also a lively person.
Anyway, what do I think about her ?
Well, I don't really have any idea about her contribution to the story but since she started working in that music store, maybe she'll have some kind of influence on the other guys to start playing an instrument again like in the past. Maybe, she will make a band with Lena, playing in some kind of Jazz bar or whatever it is called.
Other than that, I was a bit worried with that political stuff ... for a second I thought she would talk about the kind of topics we hear everyday in real life but I'm glad to see that it's more about the economy than anything else ... good because the politics of today is already a nightmare.

Seriously. His understanding is of the one who spent 5 minutes reading descriptions of each one and getting them completely wrong to fit his shallow and predatory understanding of morality. Nietzsche was against the status quo, the establishment that dictated their archaic rules and believed that people can achieve something much more if they free their minds and let go of their earthly tethers to be able to do so. The Child rediscovers the world anew and becomes aware of the philosophy "Nothing Is True, Everything is Permitted" and acts on it responsibly (being aware of the consequences of your actions and acting with them in mind). Seymour doesn't seem to care about the responsibility and simply wants to take more because he believes that it's either take or be taken. A "Lion" deceived by the Dragon into thinking that he's "The Master".
And concerning Mr. Ward ... maybe he's a lion who thinks he's a "master" (child) like he said that lions think they're a child and camels think they're lions ;)

Rey Palpatine

Jan 22, 2019
Oh and on another topic ... some of you kept talking about how Eva Kiss wanted to create a more "realistic" story, right ?
Well, overall yes (and I highly appreciate it) but there's that one aspect that is such a shameful cliché and I failed to find anyone complaining about how "realistic" it was (totally not ironic)
Ah yes, Jeremy ... that lovable guy, right ? So, not only Eva wanted to make him less like a walking stereotype like Tyrone (by making him the only black man and who's of course hung like a horse fucking around all those white women) but she also didn't want him to be defined by more than his ethnicity ? How ? Making him black for the sake of diversity ? Well in that case, why not more ? As of yet, there's only caucasian characters with one minor asian male character, one minor black female character and one major black male character.
He is : a black man, tall, muscular, into fighting sports, better than the MC on many aspects that would be considered "manly", a womanizer, and the cherry on top is his obvious big dick that the female MC can wet her panties over at first sight ... Yeah ... totally not a walking bag of stereotype, amirite ? He's only missing his rap music and black friends to run a train on the white ladies ... At least, Tyrone had more depth aside from all the cliché surrounding him.
Let's define him for what he truly is, he's the token black guy here only to fulfill the BBC fantasy. So, where are you, Knights of the Holy Realism, when will you shout "MUH REALISM" to rally your fellow warriors ? :ROFLMAO:

I'm waiting to get flamed on and told how wrong I am :cool: Come at me guys (y)

I support you, the argument of "MUH REALISM" is getting tiresome.

maxxxzimus

Aug 4, 2017
So, what is everyone's thought on Emma? So far she seems to share her screen time with Wade and is not as actively featured in the story as other girls. She seems to be interested in politics and presents another perspective on what's happening in ORS-world politics and the economy. What do you think would be her role in the story? Would it be possible for her to gain some support and actually start actively opposing the status quo and fight for the changes against the likes of Seymour? What about her role in Ian's and Lena's path? She seems to have a fun personality and a head on her shoulders. I personally want to see more of her and explore her character more to make her feel more important.
I agree with others saying that Emma is the least interesting female character in the game, but maybe it's because she did not have a lot of screen time so far. This could change for sure but I don't see that happening soon. Ian seems to think about her only as a friend and also apparently there is something going on between her and Perry. I'm not getting in the way of that unless Emma is turning into someone special.

maxxxzimus

Aug 4, 2017
I support you, the argument of "MUH REALISM" is getting tiresome.
It's funny that I only brought up this "realism" thing once to explain why it might be tough for guys like Ian to get laid and you guys started to fight it with all this Jeremy BBC nonsense. It's even funnier that it's the only thing you fight this "realism" point with, which is totally not related to what I said.
I never said that this game is realistic, I only touched one small aspect of it. There is not a single story driven game in the world that is 100% realistic, it's not possible to avoid clichés and stereotypes. Yes, Jeremy is a cliché character, so is Stan and you can probably add Holly and Cindy to the list but... Don't forget that we are only on Chapter 3 and there is plenty of time for Eva to add some depth to the characters, even to Jeremy. And also don't forget that all stereotypes come from something. There are guys like Jeremy or shallow but hot blondes like Cindy IRL too. Yes, these stereotypes are rather overused but as I said it's hard to avoid those especially if your game has more than a dozen characters.
Also, it's strange to me to see that some of those who brought up this BBC thing are the same people who are saying that Ian is a boring character. Would you rather prefer to play as Jeremy? I think Ian is a well written character with an immense growth potential. I think this point system exists just to steer his development in a way that player prefers. You guys are missing out by skipping his parts.

Last edited:

Rey Palpatine

Jan 22, 2019
It's funny that I only brought up this "realism" thing once to explain why it might be tough for guys like Ian to get laid and you guys started to fight it with all this Jeremy BBC nonsense. It's even funnier that it's the only thing you fight this "realism" point with, which is totally not related to what I said.
I never said that this game is realistic, I only touched one small aspect of it. There is not a single story driven game in the world that is 100% realistic, it's not possible to avoid clichés and stereotypes. Yes, Jeremy is a cliché character, so is Stan and you can probably add Holly and Cindy to the list but... Don't forget that we are only on Chapter 3 and there is plenty of time for Eva to add some depth to the characters, even to Jeremy. And also don't forget that all stereotypes come from something. There are guys like Jeremy or shallow but hot blondes like Cindy IRL too. Yes, these stereotypes are rather overused but as I said it's hard to avoid those especially if your game has more than a dozen characters.
Also, it's strange to me to see that some of those who brought up this BBC thing are the same people who are saying that Ian is a boring character. Would you rather prefer to play as Jeremy? I think Ian is a well written character with an immense growth potential. I think this point system exists just to steer his development in a way that player prefers. You guys are missing out by skipping his parts.
Because not being able to maintain an erection Ian has the thought that it would have been better if Jeremy had fucked Alisson?

What kind of man thinks that in such a situation?

A loser.

We as a player did not choose Ian to think that so cuck, he was the developer, that says enough of a character since it comes by default.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I agree with others saying that Emma is the least interesting female character in the game, but maybe it's because she did not have a lot of screen time so far. This could change for sure but I don't see that happening soon. Ian seems to think about her only as a friend and also apparently there is something going on between her and Perry. I'm not getting in the way of that unless Emma is turning into someone special.
I agree. It has to be because of the screen time because I remember when ORS characters were only announced, there were a lot of Emma fans, she was easily in Top 3 for some people. I personally find her interesting, both in appearance (dig the punk aesthetic), her fun personality, and also wits that go with it. We have yet to find out what her personal/sexual life is like but I suspect that she might play a role similar to Natasha in GGGB, they seem to have the same attitude. She could also potentially become Perry's girlfriend, but given how reluctant Perry is to admit his interest and is clearly voyeuristic, he might end up being a willing/excited cuckold.

Reactions: w00de

maxxxzimus

Aug 4, 2017
Because not being able to maintain an erection Ian has the thought that it would have been better if Jeremy had fucked Alisson?

A loser.

We as a player did not choose Ian to think that so cuck, he was the developer, that says enough of a character since it comes by default.
NOTHING in this game comes by default. Ian is a loser only if YOU make him a loser. This situation that you described only happens if Ian has ALL his points below 2 at that moment, which is almost impossible (unless you deliberately choose all the wrong answers and options). Ian can have a totally perfect night with Alison or with Cherry if you make at least A BIT of effort. Hell, if you play all the cards right Ian can have them both. Can we call a man who could fuck two different chicks in a matter of days a loser? I don't think so. I'm pretty sure that Ian could turn into a womanizer, fucking everything on his way. I'm pretty sure, you could potentially turn Lena into a total slut if you want to. As we all said countless times, it's about how YOU play the game.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017

A loser.

That's what called a developed character. Ian is his own person. You might guide him here and there, to be more efficient, more confident, and more successful in life but you do it within Ian's personality. I've been talking about this for who knows how long. This is not GGGB where you can pick what Ashley thinks or what her values are and shape her into anything you want. Ian and Lena lived through over 25 years already, have their baggage and core values, this is not something that you can easily overwrite. Ian was always a geek, break-up with Gillian and his shitty job made Ian doubt himself, and add to that the embarrassment of not being able to get it up in front of his best friend who he cares about deeply. Ian is not Superman, he is not your fantasy self-insert. You either like him or you don't.

lcvargas

Dec 30, 2019
That's what called a developed character. Ian is his own person. You might guide him here and there, to be more efficient, more confident, and more successful in life but you do it within Ian's personality. I've been talking about this for who knows how long. This is not GGGB where you can pick what Ashley thinks or what her values are and shape her into anything you want. Ian and Lena lived through over 25 years already, have their baggage and core values, this is not something that you can easily overwrite. Ian was always a geek, break-up with Gillian and his shitty job made Ian doubt himself, and add to that the embarrassment of not being able to get it up in front of his best friend who he cares about deeply. Ian is not Superman, he is not your fantasy self-insert. You either like him or you don't.
And that's why I like the ORS MCs. Ashley compared to Ian and Lena is a blank slate, you can mold her to anything that you want to; but, Ian and Lena already have their past experiences and a predetermined personality which we players have to circumnavigate around in building them up. The characters in ORS, IMO, is more human than GGGB.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
EvaKiss wrote Emma will play a smaller role than the other main characters. So she could be more like a minor character and only got included as main because EvaKiss needed another girl. Which I get the feeling is the role she might end up with, the standard 3rd girl you call when you need one for a threesome, like Natasha in GGGB.

Reactions: scor099
4.60 star(s) 312 Votes