applesnacks1111

Aug 15, 2021
Dead game 10 months since new update and ppl still supporting her and defend her miliking lmao. Updates cycle passed from 1-2 months to 3=4 to 10 months and counting. The miliking Is real and (sadly because It was great) this game Is dead
You're completely wrong and your inability to see that suggests you're trolling (in which case, nice), or *insert insult to intelligence here*.

Eva's already created a completed game. A completed game that's recognized as one of the best on this site, with some of the best characters, story, and art. She's pretty hardworking, diligent, and talented as hell. Is this me white knighting her? I don't know, I don't think so, you just have to recognize she's good at her job.

Development is a complicated beast, and if you expect it to be linear, prepare to be disappointed (like you currently are). Early chapters are easy - you develop 5 scenes, include a few choices that don't affect much, and everyone's happy. But late chapters are HARD. They're not linear, they're exponential in how the workload grows.

What I mean is, imagine it's now chapter 10, and Eva wants to create some content for 5 specific paths, plus some general content everyone sees. So chapter 10 requires SIX TIMES the work of chapter 1, which just had the one path to follow. So, Eva should actually take SIX TIMES as long to complete the update. That's not milking, that's math.

Naturally she won't take 6 times as long because she'll find ways to be efficient and each given path in chapter 10 won't be as long as the whole of chapter 1, but you get what I'm saying. The workload gets bigger and bigger as the paths grow and branch off.

There's really nothing to suggest that she's milking, since she's actively working on it. Also, how can the game be dead when she's updating her progress regularly?

I get people have been burned by developers before, but I see a game still being actively developed - it's just a problem of workload vs. single dev capacity.

ArcherHades46

Jan 13, 2022
However, what kind of discussion has been started here, guys, what is there about the announcement? When are we waiting for the version from Eva?

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
Sooo when the next update comes out this game is a zombie?!?

Since each chapter makes the game more complex (more choices = more routes/possibilities/outcomes), the workload goes up. So the developer needs more time to finish. Alternatives being the chapters become shorter each time (not desirable) or Eva hires people to help with the game. That only works out for her if her patron numbers significantly go up (otherwise she loses money) and bears the risk they don't work well together.
A few said that she makes enough to hire 2 or 3 people for help so i doubt money is an issue... maybe she can't find someone good enough or she prefers to work alone, i don't know

HolyMolly

Oct 30, 2018
Guys I think it's time to make a petition for Good Girl Gone Bad 2.

Seriosuly the dev process was so much smoother because it was much more simple (in a good way) by focusing on 1 thing, doing it good and that's it. Updates were regular and frequent with great amount of content, no bs.

ORS has been a trainwreck, it's just trying to do too much of everything and I personnaly don't even think it's great by the end... it lacks the crazyness of GGGB and don't allow the player to fully immerse into 1 MC decisions etc + abysmal updates because it's probably a nightmare to progress all that extra complexity

I hope Eva keep making games but ngl ORS kinda sucks

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017

Seriosuly the dev process was so much smoother because it was much more simple (in a good way) by focusing on 1 thing, doing it good and that's it. Updates were regular and frequent with great amount of content, no bs.

ORS has been a trainwreck, it's just trying to do too much of everything and I personnaly don't even think it's great by the end... it lacks the crazyness of GGGB and don't allow the player to fully immerse into 1 MC decisions etc + abysmal updates because it's probably a nightmare to progress all that extra complexity

I agree for the most part, if things don't get better i think it's best to abandon ORS (after Stan gets laid of course) and start a new much simpler game. But i rather it be a completely new and fresh game than it being GGGB 2

Last edited:

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
it all comes down to what happens after the release of chapter 10, I understand that Eva was feeling burnout a little and hit a wall but if the releases go back to every 2 or 3 months I'm ok with that.

• Haha
Reactions: balvenie1401

Naos

Jul 4, 2017
I can't fathom people flaming the developer that it takes too much time to release updates. These people have no idea how much work it is to develop a game, specially when it is deep in development and it's a non-linear game, where you have to go through all code (horrible in itself) and control dozens of variables.

The dev is also writing and drawing, as far as I know, which are two things that take a lot of time to think through. All in all, there are lots of games that can be criticized in this regard. There are a lot more that can't. This is one of the former.

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
I agree for the most part, if things don't get better i think it's best to abandon ORS (after Stan gets laid of course) and start a new much simpler game. But i rather it be a completely new and fresh game than it being GGGB 2
And with craziness please, that's one of the best and funny aspects of GGGB.

Reactions: ktez

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Everyone keeps asking for the same thing:
- We have seen LEna bang a number of guys, gamers still want LEna bangs.
- Jeremy bangs everything that moves, we got players still wanting to see him bang more.
Dev be like: been there, done that.
Is there anything exciting that you want
or simply more of the same?

yep , some supporter is foolish .
i'm support her since GGGB ....
But now I feel that eva manages the development time. The past few months have been noticed to be spent mostly playing around and asking friends or other developers to fix their work for help periodically. until the moment eva starts to get serious about work Why not succeed? For example, "Your boss ordered the work to be completed within 4-5 months. But you started working really hard. in the past 2 months And the result was not smooth and lost a lot of credit.”
You're completely wrong and your inability to see that suggests you're trolling (in which case, nice), or *insert insult to intelligence here*.

Eva's already created a completed game. A completed game that's recognized as one of the best on this site, with some of the best characters, story, and art. She's pretty hardworking, diligent, and talented as hell. Is this me white knighting her? I don't know, I don't think so, you just have to recognize she's good at her job.

Development is a complicated beast, and if you expect it to be linear, prepare to be disappointed (like you currently are). Early chapters are easy - you develop 5 scenes, include a few choices that don't affect much, and everyone's happy. But late chapters are HARD. They're not linear, they're exponential in how the workload grows.

What I mean is, imagine it's now chapter 10, and Eva wants to create some content for 5 specific paths, plus some general content everyone sees. So chapter 10 requires SIX TIMES the work of chapter 1, which just had the one path to follow. So, Eva should actually take SIX TIMES as long to complete the update. That's not milking, that's math.

Naturally she won't take 6 times as long because she'll find ways to be efficient and each given path in chapter 10 won't be as long as the whole of chapter 1, but you get what I'm saying. The workload gets bigger and bigger as the paths grow and branch off.

There's really nothing to suggest that she's milking, since she's actively working on it. Also, how can the game be dead when she's updating her progress regularly?

I get people have been burned by developers before, but I see a game still being actively developed - it's just a problem of workload vs. single dev capacity.

it all comes down to what happens after the release of chapter 10, I understand that Eva was feeling burnout a little and hit a wall but if the releases go back to every 2 or 3 months I'm ok with that.
I can't fathom people flaming the developer that it takes too much time to release updates. These people have no idea how much work it is to develop a game, specially when it is deep in development and it's a non-linear game, where you have to go through all code (horrible in itself) and control dozens of variables.

The dev is also writing and drawing, as far as I know, which are two things that take a lot of time to think through. All in all, there are lots of games that can be criticized in this regard. There are a lot more that can't. This is one of the former.
Someone already said it: Lena has been in the hole the wholegame:
- assholes on the job shitting on her and asking her to bang them,
gating/jeaoperdising her work and income.
- assholes in her hobby, taking advantage and trying to get in her pants.
Those were her troubles all the time, now we are back into them,
neverending circle to put her down into the dirt and blackmail her into sex.

Is this game backed up into the paths already ended in sex and there is no
excitement anymore as everyone wants the same thing over and over:
Jeremy to bang/Lena to bang?

• Haha
Reactions: Echbert

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016

I doubt she will do something similar to GGGB again. GGGB was her first game, she was full of ideas and without any creative barriers. ORS is a more ambitious project, from the beginning it has been a product for Steam and other platforms.
Steam can ban your game for any bullshit they don't want in their platform, so devs must be careful with their content. Also to appeal to the mass market you have to water down your work.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I doubt she will do something similar to GGGB again. GGGB was her first game, she was full of ideas and without any creative barriers. ORS is a more ambitious project, from the beginning it has been a product for Steam and other platforms.
Steam can ban your game for any bullshit they don't want in their platform, so devs must be careful with their content. Also to appeal to the mass market you have to water down your work.
It would be a shame if she self-censored for this reason... at least without patch. Incest ok, but could the blackmail with Seymour be toned down because of steam? and the drug gang plot line in gggb is not steam compatible for ex?

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
It would be a shame if she self-censored for this reason... at least without patch. Incest ok, but could the blackmail with Seymour be toned down because of steam? and the drug gang plot line in gggb is not steam compatible for ex?
In GGGB you can play as a damsel in distress in some rapey situations while here Lena plays an active role accepting or rejecting Seymour advances.
Still Idk about how Steam evaluate games because they can ban some vanilla games just because the tits are small or some other idiocy.

Reactions: sava75

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
Everyone keeps asking for the same thing:
- We have seen LEna bang a number of guys, gamers still want LEna bangs.
- Jeremy bangs everything that moves, we got players still wanting to see him bang more.
Dev be like: been there, done that.
Is there anything exciting that you want
or simply more of the same?

Someone already said it: Lena has been in the hole the wholegame:
- assholes on the job shitting on her and asking her to bang them,
gating/jeaoperdising her work and income.
- assholes in her hobby, taking advantage and trying to get in her pants.
Those were her troubles all the time, now we are back into them,
neverending circle to put her down into the dirt and blackmail her into sex.

Is this game backed up into the paths already ended in sex and there is no
excitement anymore as everyone wants the same thing over and over:
Jeremy to bang/Lena to bang?

20220821_231430.jpg

20220811_190406.jpg

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
That is also a good a bad thing. GGGB was not a linear game, it had plenty of options but each update had a constant development cycle. Each month there was something new. Sure, sometimes you would get a scene with good Ash and other times with Gang Ash. Was anyone bother by that? Probably not. Now why do I think finishing GGGB can be considered a bad thing. Because you already proved that you can handle this type of game. If she successfully managed that game variables, she can do the same with this one.

These people have no idea how much work it is to develop a game, specially when it is deep in development and it's a non-linear game, where you have to go through all code (horrible in itself) and control dozens of variables.
Do you think the variables rebel against their creator and that is why you need to control them? What do you find so difficult to change a boolean variable or to increment the value of the numerical ones(lust, charm, etc)? Ok ... this wasn't very polite, but this narrative that "people have no idea what they are talking about and that the game is more COMPLEX" is starting to get to me. Nobody has to go through the game in order to find out what variable did what. They are all listed in the master_script.rpy file with comments that clearly explain what they do.

Since each chapter makes the game more complex (more choices = more routes/possibilities/outcomes), the workload goes up.

Guys yes, complex looks like a good argument, but it's really not. I started this message by talking about GGGB and it's not fare to compare the too games. You can't expect an update every month because the art has improved, the writing is better and you also have 2 MC. But let's compare ORS with ORS. More exactly Chapter 6 with Chapter 9. Chapter 6 was advanced enough that nobody will say that it was linear like the first chapter (even though I don't agree at all with the statement that chapter one was an easy chapter; that is where each character was drawn and created), so let's compare the scenes.

Legend: Green = full scene, Yellow = minor scene, Red = no scene

Ian x Alison - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Ian x Cherry - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Ian x Cindy - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9 (x2 photo shoot & bedroom)
Ian x Emma - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Ian x Holly - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Ian x Minerva - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Ian x Lena - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9

Lena x Axel - Chapter 6(2nd part of photo shoot) - Chapter 9 (x2 photo shoot & bedroom)
Lena x Seymour - Chapter 6(1st part of photo shoot) - Chapter 9
Lena x Mike - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Lena x Robert - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Lena x Holly - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Lena x Louise - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Lena Solo - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9

Jeremy x Alison - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Jeremy x Emma - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Jeremy x Louise - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9

Lena Stalkfap - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Ivy Stalkfap - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9
Ivy x Holly - Chapter 6 - Chapter 9

P.S. Yes I know that some scenes were added later, after the final version of the chapters was initially released; for example Jeremy x Louise in Ch 6 and Lena Stalkfap in Ch 9)

Total
Chapter 6 => around 12 scenes with at least 2-3 images
Chapter 9 => around 14 scenes with at least 2-3 images

I don't try to say that chapter 9 wasn't bigger, but not by much in terms of scenes. The idea that it's normal to take twice as much time to develop it is wrong. The story moved forward just as much and almost both chapter touched upon each game path.

So please stop promoting this false idea that the game is more complex now than it was at the end of 2020. Use something else, say that is harder to write because of writer block or say that each chapter got bigger even though it was not needed. Or go batshit crazy and throw something like: maybe Eva became a mother last year and she had to spend time with a new born. I don't know!

If you think I am not right, by all means, show me that I am wrong.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
In GGGB you can play as a damsel in distress in some rapey situations while here Lena plays an active role accepting or rejecting Seymour advances.
Still Idk about how Steam evaluate games because they can ban some vanilla games just because the tits are small or some other idiocy.
I sometimes want to know or if I think about not really;) want to know who rates games at Steam for publishing. We see this with adult/18+ games for German Steam, which is all over the place what becomes available. For instance, the second part of "Max bigger bust" has no sex, is very tame and a comic art VN, since it is a spoof, but is unavailable on German steam! Luckily "Hitman"(where you play an assassin) and "AIShoujo" are available, but "Honey Select" (same base as AiS) is not. There are two japanese VNs with even unpatched rather hot stuff in them and no problem getting these. On the other hand games like "Deliverance" or "Living with Temptation" are not available too. Completely over the place on Steam what is acceptable and what is not.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes