dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Well, they're (supposedly) a former patreon so the "rhythm" they mention could be determinant towards their future patronage of Eva. So, yeah, it kinda is their problem, which is why they care.

Let's not defend Eva so rabidly that people can't comment their concerns.
They may care about the game but her income is not of anyone's concerns. Or would you say more income = faster release?

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
They may care about the game but her income is not of anyone's concerns. Or would you say more income = faster release?
I don't think it's unreasonable to discuss how the game development affects the number of patrons and thus Eva's income. When starting the work on ORS, Eva mentioned that she used the increased income to hire a colourist and artists to make the background art. So while a higher income may not equal faster releases, it may improve the game or help Eva in other ways.

In the same way it could affect the game negatively or put more pressure on Eva if she loses many of her patreons (which I don't think will happen, by the way).

It's Eva's business and she's obviously the one to decide whether it's an issue and whether she needs to change anything; but I don't think there's anything wrong with having a discussion about it here.

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
You’re not thinking far enough ahead. For a couple of chapters we’ll believe that Lena and Ian are related, because Lena’s dad or stepdad is also Ian’s dad. But Ian also tells Lena in chapter 9 that he suspects his parents have an open relationship; so eventually we will find out that Ian’s dad and Lena’s mom also had a relationship—and that Ian’s dad is actually Lena’s real dad. It will all be revealed at a very tense dinner when Ian and Lena decide to have their families meet each other.

Afterwards Ian and Lena go back home and put up a gigantic murder investigation style map on the wall, with pictures of their parents and themselves, different lines drawn between everyone, to try to find an answer to the gradually more and more confusing question: Are they related or not?

At this point there won’t even be any more sex scenes in the game, it will basically just be that interactive investigation map that you can point and click at to get different information, as you try to help Ian and Lena solve their puzzle.
This somehow reminded me of that german tv show "Dark" :ROFLMAO:
Brilliant series btw, totally recommend.

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
You people are getting rilled over something that happens all the time with these games, devs taking longer to update their games as the series moves forward. Honestly, it's a given thing to happen at this point, unless there's a proper-dedicated team behind these games, it will keep happening. These people have lives as well, and not many can make a living out of it. There's nothing any of us can do about it, I mean there is... taking a break and only come back after a couple of chapters are out. Unfortunately, it's how it is. Old news.

Last edited:

pavlogrk

Nov 15, 2020
The problem with long updates with unpredictable release shedule is that it deter new patrons. Evas succses was based not only on high quality of product but also on rhythmic predictable shedule.
Can you imagine growing patreon base with releases once in one or two years?
Dude! The patrons are the ones that voted to w8 for a completed chapter 10 and not an early release of the Ian part!

Reactions: Lexkar83

pavlogrk

Nov 15, 2020
It’ll just take 72 years to complete it!

I was with the people who were telling others (especially non-patrons) to stop complaining for a while, but, relative to the money being made and the content being put out, the amount of time per update is insanely high.

I understand the creative difficulties story-writing can bring, but there are collaborative efforts that could be made to ease that issue. And I also know that coding and debugging a game can be very time consuming. But the amount of funds generated in comparison to the product being put out in the past +12 months is disparate. I also highly support someone taking adequate time away from their work, but there’s limits to that before you just question whether or not the project is even important anymore.
I honestly wish the time used for the re-release was used to do some major retconning/removing of characters to make the creative process more tenable. The more paths the longer it’s going to take for less and less unique/remarkable content.

I stopped supporting around 6 months ago because I just feel the creator is milking it, as frequently happens with these projects. If that isn’t the case, I feel the only other possibility is just he/she bit off significantly/progressively more than they could chew, growing with each chapter.

I was completely happy with the trajectory of the project 18 months ago, but it’s going to take a marked shift before I jump back in. Others will probably stick around no matter how long it takes, which is entirely their choice. I’ll just be bummed about a solid project from a talented creator getting closer and closer to being abandoned.
You clearly have not seen a milking dev!!! This game Has way moe content tha milfy shity AWAM jessca oneil hard news and become a rockstar put together Lmao !!!

boulimanus

Jun 10, 2018
You clearly have not seen a milking dev!!! This game Has way moe content tha milfy shity AWAM jessca oneil hard news and become a rockstar put together Lmao !!!
It's nice to like ORS, I like it too, but don't be a toxic rose tinted white knight fan. Surely you know that this statement isn't true, no matter what content you measure for it.

nevt2050ptr

Oct 28, 2018
You’re not thinking far enough ahead. For a couple of chapters we’ll believe that Lena and Ian are related, because Lena’s dad or stepdad is also Ian’s dad. But Ian also tells Lena in chapter 9 that he suspects his parents have an open relationship; so eventually we will find out that Ian’s dad and Lena’s mom also had a relationship—and that Ian’s dad is actually Lena’s real dad. It will all be revealed at a very tense dinner when Ian and Lena decide to have their families meet each other.

Afterwards Ian and Lena go back home and put up a gigantic murder investigation style map on the wall, with pictures of their parents and themselves, different lines drawn between everyone, to try to find an answer to the gradually more and more confusing question: Are they related or not?

At this point there won’t even be any more sex scenes in the game, it will basically just be that interactive investigation map that you can point and click at to get different information, as you try to help Ian and Lena solve their puzzle.
During their investigation, they learn that one of their parents is an alien sent to create a super incestuous alien-human hybrid.
In order to escape the alien parent, they steal the time stone from Thanos and go back to dinosaur time where it turns out that the aliens are actually evolved dinosaurs.
And then Lena and Ian wake up realizing that all this time they have been smoking drugs from Emma.

tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

Jun 18, 2017
I can't imagine how much work this dev must have... There are two stories, the male char and the female char.
Each of them has their own lifes, and for each action they do, diferent events happens taking them to diferent storylines with diferent partners...
THIS IS INSANE! this game has a lot of potential and infinite endings possibilities. You open one dor, and there are two other doors in front of you, Each with two options in it...
I realy understand why it take so long for new updates, it's not just a lot just work, but a lot f imagination he must have to bring us interesting paths for each char.

GOOD JOB DEV!

ps: again sorry my fcking poor engrish.

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
If it helps the story to progress I don't mind following some other characters on and off. Doesn't need to come with stats, but perhaps some narrative choices would do.

If it helps writer blocks and such.

Jugovic

Feb 1, 2019
I can't imagine how much work this dev must have... There are two stories, the male char and the female char.
Each of them has their own lifes, and for each action they do, diferent events happens taking them to diferent storylines with diferent partners...
THIS IS INSANE! this game has a lot of potential and infinite endings possibilities. You open one dor, and there are two other doors in front of you, Each with two options in it...
I realy understand why it take so long for new updates, it's not just a lot just work, but a lot f imagination he must have to bring us interesting paths for each char.

GOOD JOB DEV!

LMAO

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I would, I hate POV shifts in these games. :cry:
Agreed. I think POV shifts, in general, when used in VNs, just speak to bad/lazy writing. It's all about establishing a story's internal logic and structure. It works (at least from a technical if not workload standard) in ORS because two MCs were established and given equal time from the start. Once a writer establish a story's internal rules, they need to follow them or the narrative turns disjointed. It could be done, carefully and selectively, with a third MC, but there would need to be a strong reason, shown to the player and established in the writing, to break that internal structure. I haven't seen a VN do that well so far and I don't see any reason to do it here.

Last edited:

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021

Except occasionally Jeremy walks into the room and nonchalantly jerks off while staring at the map inquisitively as Lena and Ian do their research.

100% confirmed.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021

GOOD JOB DEV!

Your engrish is a lot better than some native English speakers on here. :)

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
Agreed. I think POV shifts, in general, when used in VNs, just speak to bad/lazy writing. It's all about establishing a story's internal logic and structure. It works (at least from a technical if not workload standard) in ORS because two MCs were established and given equal time from the start. Once a writer establish a story's internal rules, they need to follow them or the narrative turns disjointed. It could be done, carefully and selectively, with a third MC, but there would need to be a strong reason, shown to the player and established in the writing, to break that internal structure. I haven't seen a VN do that well so far and I don't see any reason to do it here.
Wait what? Its a Visual Novel, Novels in general can follow different Pov's
So saying its lazy or bad writing doesn't compute. Heck Ren'py or it's style originates from the 90's and the limitation's of those technology's. Now we have more powerful systems to go in new directions and new ways of telling a story and to experiment with new things.

I get it's an accessible tool but god there is so much to critique Ren'py it self and some of its antiquated mechanics. But how Eva approaches this story Isn't one of them. Sure there are probably some challenges to overcome.

Also I prefer this approach against an overdose of exposition, which is usually bad or lazy writing.

At a certain point you gotta do new things and or set new standards.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes