dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Wait what? Its a Visual Novel, Novels in general can follow different Pov's
So saying its lazy or bad writing doesn't compute.
Not when it's done out of the blue halfway through the story. Absolutely no offense meant here, but I don't think you're very experienced in story structure. Or you only read a portion of my post. There is an internal logic created in the early chapters of any well-written story, whether a novel, a film or a VN. Sure, POVs can change even in a great novel, but that internal structure must be established near the start or otherwise must be justified and handled logically within the story. It takes a skilled writer to "break" their own story's rules correctly. Eva handled two MCs well in ORS by strongly establishing them both early on. Most VNs are written sloppily however, with inexperienced writers introducing POV changes lazily and sporadically 1/3+ of the way through their stories to conveniently handle exposition when the MC isn't present. It's like introducing a narrator halfway through a story who should have been established at the beginning. It just doesn't work.

Last edited:

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Wait what? Its a Visual Novel, Novels in general can follow different Pov's
They can, but it's never done well IMO. Hell, I don't even think ORS has done it too well, even though it's a more graceful example compared to others. At least in ORS it's an understood integrated system and not a collection of spontaneous events.
So saying its lazy or bad writing doesn't compute. Heck Ren'py or it's style originates from the 90's and the limitation's of those technology's. Now we have more powerful systems to go in new directions and new ways of telling a story and to experiment with new things.
I'd perhaps not call it lazy writing myself, but I do think it's a crutch. When you have a tough time writing out the story from the perspectives that you have used so far, an easy fix is to shift the POV as to make use of motives that doesn't fit with the main character(s).
At a certain point you gotta do new things and or set new standards.
But POV shifts is not a new standard.

Bom969

Jul 25, 2019
Is there a path where in Lena accepts Robert as her boyfriend? I have tried multiple routes and everytime she asks him to be FWB. Is there an alternative path?

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
Is there a path where in Lena accepts Robert as her boyfriend? I have tried multiple routes and everytime she asks him to be FWB. Is there an alternative path?
I don't think so. Lena can't develop romantic interest in him it seems, at least so far.

Mrsubtle

May 8, 2018
Not when it's done out of the blue halfway through the story. Absolutely no offense meant here, but I don't think you're very experienced in story structure. Or you only read a portion of my post. There is an internal logic created in the early chapters of any well-written story, whether a novel, a film or a VN. Sure, POVs can change even in a great novel, but that internal structure must be established near the start or otherwise must be justified and handled logically within the story. It takes a skilled writer to "break" their own story's rules correctly. Eva handled two MCs well in ORS by strongly establishing them both early on. Most VNs are written sloppily however, with inexperienced writers introducing POV changes lazily and sporadically 1/3+ of the way through their stories to conveniently handle exposition when the MC isn't present. It's like introducing a narrator halfway through a story who should have been established at the beginning. It just doesn't work.
That I don't deny, plus Eva has re-written certain things as well that doesn't quite make sense.

BlandChili
As for Pov shifts not perhaps something new but you don't see it often, or they are usually exposition pieces.

Was generalizing a bit.

It's also been a while since I played ORS, things were a bit fuzzy for while and oddly enough I have mentioned somethings about it.
Guess Eva lacks still some experience with the writing it self. The premise is all good though, just needs the proper refinement.

As for Motives each characters have their own motives and goals, and IRL expectations and what ever else can be out of sync. Not necessary bad writing. But don't think Pov's are a crutch, sometimes the rest of the world needs to progress so that the Mc(s) can also move forward with their lives.

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
i'm only playing this game for a woman,cindy,what a beauty!!if you can take her away from wade,you've got a treasure in the house.the rest?lena,full of problems(father's cancer,stalker axel,weinstein-esque seymour)allison,grumbles all the time about her life,work and her ex,cherry,(just for sex)emma,okay nice wild side,but nothing long term,holly,too timid,needs to be more assertive first,minerva,just hate sex,ivy,too vulgar,and then louise,if it came my way,good competitor for cindy,i'll tame her and keep her on a leash.but cindy,she is the beauty and perfection herself!!

• Haha
Reactions: pavlogrk and Redgy

jimul18

Mar 10, 2019
Chapter 10 in 2022 bros?!! or 2024...
There's no firm release date or window. EK hasn't worked this way since GGGB. There was the chance that Ian part would have been released in August but the Patrons voted against that. Based on that roughly 45-50% were done in late August and the remaster was released in late April (minus EK's vacation) were are looking at a late October-December release.

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
Exactly lol. I just want to put Lena into situations where realistically she would never be in. Fun seeing Eva's creativity in having her justify doing depraved or disgusting things.
It sucks all her current options are the generic "hot dude" its so boring.

Only scene of hers (Straight route wise) with any steam is the one with Jeremy and that recent modeling for Seymour (was that his name?).

Not to say her scenes are bad I just don't feel the same way about them like I did with the options in GGGB.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Jeremy is the man whore of this game - the most generic overused oversaturated trope
of "the hottest dude" who makes all women's panties drop like fish from the sky -
who advertises it from the very first second to the very last scene in this game.
Once you called hot guys boring, how is it steamy if that was boring?

punisher33

Feb 7, 2020

Hey everyone,
this week I had to attend two weddings ans it was my birthday also, so I haven't been able to make as much progress as I wanted. However I made significant strides in some areas.
I've been finishing many illustrations that needed through editing after coloring. I have 80+ illustrations with it's variations finished, and the final count will be around 120 I think. On that regard, I've been searching and trying out a few illustrators and I think I've finally found one that I can work with. Let's see how that works out, but least I can do is throw some more money at the project if that means I get to deliver the content to you faster.
There was this big scene that had been giving me trouble for a few weeks now, and I finally managed to finish it. I really got stuck with this one and I think it's been the hardest one to write thus far, for several reasons, one of them being it's mechanical complexity. I keep making life difficult for myself, but hopefully you'll enjoy it when you finally get to play it. I've also been having trouble structuring the scenes in Lena's part, and I've been going over and rearranging them for weeks now. These two issues had me feeling quite blocked, so I used the time to work on artwork while I tried to untangle things in my mind. Now that scene is finished and I've started writing Lena's part, so it seems I can continue making progress.
Also, my programmer has been working on a few cosmetic additions and tweaks and he's trying a new mechanic for the pool minigames. These are cool additions that are important to me but I'm outsourcing completely, since I don't have the time for them myself.
Also! I have one Cameo spot OPEN, so if you want to make an appeareance in ORS, send me a message through Discord!

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes