balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
but you can't deny that Stan is a much more sympathetic character now..
I most definitely do. He's still the same "Incel in progress" character, just uglier, and hopefully we'll be able to kill him off asap before his inevitable breakdown and he causes some real damage.. he's practically the poster boy for a school shooting waiting to happen :/

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
Stop being disingenuous. The remaster improves key aspects of the game. The ones I could recall right away are:
  • Ian and Lena's first meeting has more weight and been expanded to give more context for further interactions
  • Wade's motivation is laid out and developed more instead of appearing out of nowhere
  • Artwork improvements like the Danny photoshoots
  • Ian's breakup pains him much more and lasts longer instead of only a chapter or so, conveying his struggle in dating again better
  • Stan is way more developed and given more interaction with Lena
Do I wish the remaster shouldn't take as long as it is to complete? Yes.
Do I wish all that time can be spent on making the dialogues more natural and less stiff? Absolutely.
But saying the remaster didn't improve anything is plain slander.
I like the changes in Wade's motivation and the technical and art improvements, but the rest not so much:

I thought the new prologue and Ian and Lena's first interactions feel more disjointed after the remaster. The original prologue did a great job providing a concise and focused introduction to the story, while now I feel like the first couple of game days are all over the place compared to before.

Stan's hyped-up changes made me dislike his character even more. He feels like a creep. And not in an Arthur from GGGB type of creep, but shooting up the school on a Tuesday morning creep. He's somehow now an even bigger dipshit than before.

Eva bleaching Billy and turning him into a wigger is probably my biggest gripe with the remaster.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Billy getting bleached made zero sense and even Eva didn't even bother to explain her reasoning as to why, as if we wouldn't notice it.

Stan shooting up a school creep? I wouldn't say that about him now. More like cringey creepy cuck that is more along the lines of a a potential stalker, despite him being made out to be a decent guy.

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
Nah, it just vanished. Weird since it was just talking about the game. I guess negative opinions are not allowed, lmao.
You did mentioned some changes that were made in the remaster, just to make the game more appropriate for Steam. Probably someone got triggered by that and reported you.

It's a pity, because you were the only one that mentioned Steam. If I remember correctly, the remastered had 3 objectives:
- help Eva work on something more familiar, in order to get over the writer block issue that appeared during Ch8-Ch9
- improve Stan
- prepare the game for a Steam release
In my opinion, not even a single objective, out of three, was achieved.
- the remastered didn't help to structure things better and Eva still struggled writing the story of Ch10.
- Stan is still a walking cliche: programmer, out of shape, dirty room, anime lover, gamer and lack of social skills. I still don't get how he got to share an apartment with two girls. At least Lena and Luise shared a history. It would have been more believable if he was Louise brother or cousin.
- the game is not on Steam, which also means that the revenue stream was not increased.

_Zebra_

Jun 24, 2017
Well, this thread will probably never die out since this discussion gets started at least once a week.
Because this is one of the few subjects that can get people talking about ORS. What else should they talk about? We are in month 3 of development (weekly status update 14 => 14 weeks which are more or less equal with 3 months). Each update looks the same: I am working on the art, I am working on the story and here is a sketch image. There is not enough information to generate different topics of discussion.

P.S. I know that it is actually month 6 of development and not 3, but I just like to complain every time I can about how I don't like the fact that the "weekly" update is not weekly anymore. How difficult could it be to write a short message each Friday with this is what I did this week: "I worked on the story. 3/6 main Lena scenes are completed and 1/2 secondary interactions are completed. I manage to touch up 5 illustrations and translate 1 scene from script into ren'py. Things are going well. I can't wait to share more with you guys next week". Adding some numbers in the update will allow people to understand better how much can be achieved in a week and calculate the release date.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Because this is one of the few subjects that can get people talking about ORS. What else should they talk about? We are in month 3 of development (weekly status update 14 => 14 weeks which are more or less equal with 3 months). Each update looks the same: I am working on the art, I am working on the story and here is a sketch image. There is not enough information to generate different topics of discussion.

P.S. I know that it is actually month 6 of development and not 3, but I just like to complain every time I can about how I don't like the fact that the "weekly" update is not weekly anymore. How difficult could it be to write a short message each Friday with this is what I did this week: "I worked on the story. 3/6 main Lena scenes are completed and 1/2 secondary interactions are completed. I manage to touch up 5 illustrations and translate 1 scene from script into ren'py. Things are going well. I can't wait to share more with you guys next week". Adding some numbers in the update will allow people to understand better how much can be achieved in a week and calculate the release date.
Would still argue it's month 11 not 6 of development though..

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
You did mentioned some changes that were made in the remaster, just to make the game more appropriate for Steam. Probably someone got triggered by that and reported you.

It's a pity, because you were the only one that mentioned Steam. If I remember correctly, the remastered had 3 objectives:
- help Eva work on something more familiar, in order to get over the writer block issue that appeared during Ch8-Ch9
- improve Stan
- prepare the game for a Steam release
In my opinion, not even a single objective, out of three, was achieved.
- the remastered didn't help to structure things better and Eva still struggled writing the story of Ch10.
- Stan is still a walking cliche: programmer, out of shape, dirty room, anime lover, gamer and lack of social skills. I still don't get how he got to share an apartment with two girls. At least Lena and Luise shared a history. It would have been more believable if he was Louise brother or cousin.
- the game is not on Steam, which also means that the revenue stream was not increased.
Yeah I'm usually not the one to complain about my comments getting removed but this time, I thought my comment was very insightful and addresses the points other person has made. Weird it got removed, especially with some other comments that are still on here...

Anyway, thank you for writing this comment instead. It saved me a lot of time of typing it again. All I wanted to add is that this Remaster feels more like a "Remix" than anything else. It does have changes but they simply do not bring that much to the game...

Reactions: _Zebra_

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Billy getting bleached made zero sense and even Eva didn't even bother to explain her reasoning as to why, as if we wouldn't notice it.
Just a speculation, but Billy's story is kinda similar to Tyrone from GGGB. Both are up and coming artist/celebrity who offers respective girls to join their party/collaboration. Both girls can get involved in some wild shit during the events.

Maybe EK doesn't want a clone character, but we'll never know unless she addresses it herself.

Reactions: Tallyhoe

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Anyway, thank you for writing this comment instead. It saved me a lot of time of typing it again. All I wanted to add is that this Remaster feels more like a "Remix" than anything else. It does have changes but they simply do not bring that much to the game...
The way I see it, people got sour about the remaster because it took so long to complete. If it was done in around 2-3 months (I don't know how realistic this time frame is), it would be received better.

Chapter 10's slow update also makes things worse.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
I most definitely do. He's still the same "Incel in progress" character, just uglier, and hopefully we'll be able to kill him off asap before his inevitable breakdown and he causes some real damage.. he's practically the poster boy for a school shooting waiting to happen :/
He'll become an actual mass shooter if he isn't given the sympathy and care needed, which Vanilla version is lacking. The remaster now allows Lena to improve her relationship with him even more, so he can be a chill simp instead of a murderous one.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
The way I see it, people got sour about the remaster because it took so long to complete. If it was done in around 2-3 months (I don't know how realistic this time frame is), it would be received better.

Chapter 10's slow update also makes things worse.
He'll become an actual mass shooter if he isn't given the sympathy and care needed, which Vanilla version is lacking. The remaster now allows Lena to improve her relationship with him even more, so he can be a chill simp instead of a murderous one.
What a laugh... Because everything the remaster was SO GOOD and so worth the HYPE. Yeah, and people don't get addicted to heron or cocaine at all.

The reason people were sour is because again as we all have been saying, NO ONE ASKED FOR IT. Eva did this on a whim all because she herself wasn't a fan of Stans character. Now, if she had JUST done Stan and revised him a little, made him less of a creep and cringy fucking character (NEWS FLASH-It didn't happen at all save for ONE scene removal), there wouldn't be this much push back against it. Instead, we got a new Prologue for no reason, ANOTHER BAR SCENE because apparently we HAVE TO BE BRO WITH JEREMY AND CAN'T GO IT OURSELVES APPARENTLY, and of course Stan's non rework.

As for Stan, I still say he should be killed off and replaced with a different character, preferable a girl (sadly can't recommend a trans femboy character since Eva feels "uncomfortable" with writing a character even though she did already, abietly no so grandly) who is into photography yet has confidence issues. This whole forcing Stan to be a possible "good" romance since Lena's romances other than Ian or Holly suck fucking ass makes me and other shake our heads at it all. He doesn't add anything to the story other than a fill in. He's uninteresting, unattractive, creepy and cringy at best, though Lena's actions during her photoshoot can be equally cringe worthy.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Hold up, if Ian doesn't actively pursue Lena, does he even know about her passion in music/guitar? Because this scene is really jarring if he doesn't go to the music store with Lena.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Inb4 v0.9 Re-remastered Final
Clearly a stalker. Lena's simply smiling to not let on how terrified she is, as Dark Ian could be anywhere. Watching. Waiting.

Honestly, a lot of the characters act like psychopaths in the less predictable path options. Eva overloaded the game with choices, to the point where there's a lot of loose ends in dialogue/plot for the scenarios she hasn't polished and may never have time to rework the text for. So the writing plays out in very unnatural ways, like in this screenshot. I was also hoping that this would be the main focus of the remaster. I agree that the chance encounter six months earlier added much more impact to them meeting in the cafe, however. It ironically makes the world seem larger and their chance meetings more along the lines of kismet.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2022
Wow, my bro Sam Hyde the og mass shooter giving advice on a character with similar traits. Far out my bro.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Why does Stan need to get sympathy and attention from the outside in order to break out of the bottom? A person must make decisions himself and be the master of his own destiny, if he needs other people to become better, then he is not a mature and independent person.
Stan needs:
1. Go to the gym and get rid of fat, lead a more active lifestyle.
2. Change his hairstyle.
3. Become more responsible. The mess in his room says a lot about a person.
4. Become more confident.
5. Stop looking at the opinions of others about him.

For my Lena, Stan is not interesting at all. She doesn'tt bully him like Louise, but she is not going to become his psychiatrist and treat the demons in his head. So if he leaves for Somalia and the game won't lose anything for me.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes