Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Why does Stan need to get sympathy and attention from the outside in order to break out of the bottom? A person must make decisions himself and be the master of his own destiny, if he needs other people to become better, then he is not a mature and independent person.
Stan needs:
1. Go to the gym and get rid of fat, lead a more active lifestyle.
2. Change his hairstyle.
3. Become more responsible. The mess in his room says a lot about a person.
4. Become more confident.
5. Stop looking at the opinions of others about him.

For my Lena, Stan is not interesting at all. She doesn'tt bully him like Louise, but she is not going to become his psychiatrist and treat the demons in his head. So if he leaves for Somalia and the game won't lose anything for me.
If it's that easy to change yourself, there would be less mass shootings, lonely desperate men, and suicides in real life.
If it's that easy to change yourself, then Holly's character arc is moot because she should just change herself for the better without Ian and Lena.

Sometimes, a caring and sympathetic person is needed to bring you out of your endless slump and start making changes for the better. Depression, anxiety, and timidity are real, my dude. It's not something you can just 'suck it up and move on', you need outside help.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
If it's that easy to change yourself, there would be less mass shootings, lonely desperate men, and suicides in real life.
If it's that easy to change yourself, then Holly's character arc is moot because she should just change herself for the better without Ian and Lena.

Sometimes, a caring and sympathetic person is needed to bring you out of your endless slump and start making changes for the better. Depression, anxiety, and timidity are real, my dude. It's not something you can just 'suck it up and move on', you need outside help.
I had a period of depression, great disappointments, but I never had thoughts of suicide or take a gun and shoot a bunch of random people. Over time, this goes away and you can deal with it. If a person starts a mass shooting, then this is not a human, but a fucking psychopath who lacks empathy. He originally deserve a place in the asylum.

priv.ryan

May 15, 2020
He's a tech nerd, and he could be a CEO of a big company, like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg. Of course Lena would have had an affair even with him.
Tbh, I just can't see that happening, going from a "tech nerd" to Bill Gates/ Lizard man is a huge jump. Stan could very well make a successful career in photography and the game seems to be pointing in that direction.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
I had a period of depression, great disappointments, but I never had thoughts of suicide or take a gun and shoot a bunch of random people. Over time, this goes away and you can deal with it. If a person starts a mass shooting, then this is not a human, but a fucking psychopath who lacks empathy. He originally deserve a place in the asylum.
Good for you that you were able shake them off, but other countless men aren't as lucky as you. Mass shooters don't just appear out of nowhere, they're usually folks who don't get the proper treatment and care they needed.

When you're all lonely and desperate for validation and worth, certain three letter agent might groom you to take up arms. But that's a story for another time.

tl;dr your experience ≠ the majority.

Chemish

Sep 12, 2018
Billy getting bleached made zero sense and even Eva didn't even bother to explain her reasoning as to why, as if we wouldn't notice it.

Stan shooting up a school creep? I wouldn't say that about him now. More like cringey creepy cuck that is more along the lines of a a potential stalker, despite him being made out to be a decent guy.
RIP original Billy

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
RIP original Billy
To be fair, he wasn't all that interesting other than the possible whole small black cock kink and likely another Tyrone expedition of sex. Though with this new Billy... I'm still shaking my head around it. Hell, Eva could have kept OG Billy and made him out to be a decent, truly respectable guy that didn't want to fuck around with the models or such. You know, something ACTUALLY A FUCKING ORIGINAL in terms of writing and style and not this constant 'lets cater to all the fetishists with the sbc kink and such and have all this black characters be stereotypical blacks that just wanna fuck around and shit. But nooooooooo...

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
This is my only complaint about her writing, she only writes stereotypes for Black male characters.

Tyrone was a parody so that was easy to overlook, but now I just sigh.
100% agree there. It really shows how she has no imagination in terms of constructing some characters. Like take for example the true fuckwit of a "bro" Jeremy. Now, Eva could have written him as a decent guy whose into MMA and wants give that a shot as he bartends yet has some relationship issues with Louise no doubt but at the same is having some doubts on the relationship but kinda wants it to work, mostly because of the sex. And at the same time maybe Alison is also kinda taking some interest into him and he is certainly interested but instead of fucking around he wants to see how things go with Louise first before everything. But instead, we got the prototypical Black guy who is a wannabe player that cheats on his girl and fucks around, doesn't own up to his own shit, etc etc. Which isn't fucking original at all nor even creative. Like sure, SOME parts of the story are pretty well done, yet honestly some of the characters are written like shit, or even have issues that are briefly brought up (Jeremy getting caught and mentions he should talk to Louise but never fucking does) but aren't even resolved or mentioned afterwards.

Hongfire Survivor

Mar 28, 2020
Like sure, SOME parts of the story are pretty well done, yet honestly some of the characters are written like shit, or even have issues that are briefly brought up (Jeremy getting caught and mentions he should talk to Louise but never fucking does) but aren't even resolved or mentioned afterwards.
When Robert of all people got more screen time, I started to think back to GGGB.

Then I realized that Ian is Dave but now the MC and the cracks started to make sense.

All the characters have an issue where they don't do enough out the orbit of the two leads.

Your Jeremy example is a good one, he is written so one note it's painful. He checks a box and that's it.

Now I'm sure folks will go "But it's a sex game", but the characters are a big part of the "brand" so it's kinda disappointing to see.

Lena has the worst prospects out of the two but remember that besides Eric (who you are already dating) and Dave (who already has a GF), Ashley had....her dad :KEK:

Damn, I guess the honeymoon phase is over for me :KEK:

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes