BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
And why would these parents paint their child in a sleeveless dress? With her chin propped up? Sorry, to me it looks more like how an artist would paint his girlfriend/wife.
Why not? In the time of renaissance the noblemen used to hire painters to draw their loved ones or even relatives in various ways, even sensual. It's not like the dress is too open or the pose overly suggestive. Just gives an impression of a confident and classy lady. To me the image looks aristocratic, nothing more. It makes sense that it could be a young Molly in the picture, I just can't imagine the purpose for Lena's visit there if Ed's content is not to be included in the base version of the game. The background art is there to be reused multiple times after all.

• Angry
Reactions: DDDIsReal

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
Why not? In the time of renaissance the noblemen used to hire painters to draw their loved ones or even relatives in various ways, even sensual. It's not like the dress is too open or the pose overly suggestive. Just gives an impression of a confident and classy lady. To me the image looks aristocratic, nothing more. It makes sense that it could be a young Molly in the picture, I just can't imagine the purpose for Lena's visit there if Ed's content is not to be included in the base version of the game. The background art is there to be reused multiple times after all.
The renaissance was quite some time ago though :D
Exactly, like a lady not a child.
And that argument cuts both ways, how would Alison's (or Holly's) parents' livingroom be reused?

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
You mean like Lena also would never steal money behind her back :geek:
I think EvaKiss didn't have a comprehensive path for characters like Ed, Wade or Stan. Wade got changed from successfull to loser early on, Stan got the rewrite and Ed just lost all his interest in Lena after chapter 2.
Yes, I think Ed is one of the characters where Eva had a more vague and general idea of who he was supposed to be and how he could be used in the story.

But I also think those two other examples illustrate how most of the narrative framework was kept even with their changes. With Wade you still have to choose between being loyal to him or going behind his back with Cindy. The changes seemed to be made to make him fit his role better, similarly to Robert’s changes.

With Stan the changes were instead necessary to even get the path going, but he’s still in several ways similar as before, and like in Wade’s case there’s a third person who’s important for the dynamics between the characters: Louise. Here too you have to choose whose side to take, like before the rewrite.

In Ed’s case it’s harder to see what his role is, but I assume Eva had some general sense of the direction it was supposed to take. And also how Molly, similarly to Wade and Louise, would add some kind of conflict or moral dilemma to it. I always thought the stealing was a bit odd, but I’m guessing that was an attempt to create some friction in the relationship between the three of them. And then Eva didn't have a clear plan for the next step.

If this really is Ed and Molly's living room, I assume Eva had a breakthrough on that front. Either by coming up with an idea on how to push forward with that vague original plan—or by redefining the path by dropping the sex and finding another way to use Ed and Molly. But if she actually made a background for their living room, my money's on the former.

Reactions: dundun

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
And that argument cuts both ways, how would Alison's (or Holly's) parents' livingroom be reused?
Either of them can become Ian's proper girlfriend. Naturally, he might start visiting them. I doubt their relationship will be so sex-focused that they skip their living room every time and pretend like their parents don't exist. Eventually Ian would have to get to know them and get in contact with them frequently unless he rents his own place and Holly / Alison move with him straight away. An alternative is to always come up with an excuse for their absence.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
I always thought the stealing was a bit odd, but I’m guessing that was an attempt to create some friction in the relationship between the three of them. And then Eva didn't have a clear plan for the next step.

If this really is Ed and Molly's living room, I assume Eva had a breakthrough on that front. Either by coming up with an idea on how to push forward with that vague original plan—or by redefining the path by dropping the sex and finding another way to use Ed and Molly. But if she actually made a background for their living room, my money's on the former.
It's not odd, Lena needs money especially if she loses both her jobs. It is a decision who Lena will become. It also locks Lena out from helping the cafe.
I thiink Ed/Molly and Seymour are somewhat antipodes in Lena's story. She either helps them to keep their cafe or she becomes Seymour's creature. For now she can do both but at some point she will have to choose.

Well, I'm not putting money on any of this. It could be literally anything. Maybe it's a new Robert scene (there must always be a Robert scene) and Lena finds out he is sleeping on his grandma's couch. :sneaky:

Either of them can become Ian's proper girlfriend. Naturally, he might start visiting them. I doubt their relationship will be so sex-focused that they skip their living room every time and pretend like their parents don't exist. Eventually Ian would have to get to know them and get in contact with them frequently unless he rents his own place and Holly / Alison move with him straight away. An alternative is to always come up with an excuse for their absence.
Okay. Let's think this through. Ian can be with Alison, Holly, Lena and Cindy. There is no reason why he would skip their living room with any of them. Therefore we will meet 4 different sets of parents in 4 different living rooms having 4 different awkward conversations? Clearly you can see the folly in that.
Meeting the parents adds nothing to the game. This is not a life sim, it is an erotic novel (and a very raunchy one :love:) The only reason wasting assets on them would be if they are somehow involved in the story. Which is possible, of course. We are supposed to meet several new characters after all. But then we have to ask ourselves how they are involved.

Like what if it turns out that Alison's mom is actually super hot and Ian totally falls for her and they eff like rabbits in that rocking chair :D Hey, maybe she is actually mystery girl that was teased twice. But we are supposed to know her :unsure::unsure::unsure:
OMG! It's Jolene! Oh well, one can dream ... ;)

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Okay. Let's think this through. Ian can be with Alison, Holly, Lena and Cindy. There is no reason why he would skip their living room with any of them. Therefore we will meet 4 different sets of parents in 4 different living rooms having 4 different awkward conversations? Clearly you can see the folly in that.
Meeting the parents adds nothing to the game. This is not a life sim, it is an erotic novel (and a very raunchy one :love:) The only reason wasting assets on them would be if they are somehow involved in the story. Which is possible, of course. We are supposed to meet several new characters after all. But then we have to ask ourselves how they are involved.

Like what if it turns out that Alison's mom is actually super hot and Ian totally falls for her and they eff like rabbits in that rocking chair :D Hey, maybe she is actually mystery girl that was teased twice. But we are supposed to know her :unsure::unsure::unsure:
OMG! It's Jolene! Oh well, one can dream ...
I can see Holly's parents getting involved considering she has beef with them, and they can be another trigger to develop Holly's character. Lena meeting Ian's parents is possible too if she's dating him.

Dec 9, 2018
Since the new update is coming soon, is there a place where I can download saves with finished ch.9 with some "specific routes" picked? Or could anyone share his?
It's been so long I've lost all my saves.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
The rocking chair points to someone taking naps at day, someone old or someone who is sick. Like Molly who is 59 and often too weak to work.
I believe the rocking chair gives it away more than any other thing. But there are of course more clues than this.

First would be the overall impression of this rooms furniture look kind of outdated, it's definetly a living room of an older couple who hasn't changed their interior for decades. Either for money reasons or because they found it comfy then and find it comfy still in the present. I agree on the portrait of the lady to the right is more likely a painting than photograph, because like already pointed out the pose and size of it seem to be fitting for a painting.

From just those two clues -outdated furniture style and rocking chair- i believe it's reasonable to narrow down the suspects to just two couples: Ed & Molly and i am surprised noone else suggested this so far, of course Lenas parents. The rocking chair could see heavy use by her sickly (step-)dad, and their money issues may have prevented them to update their furniture to a more recent style.

However the selection of paintings narrows it even more to just one couple.
Those three pictures feature three different art styles and motives. I would suspect that anyone who is 'artsy' enough to decorate their livingroom with painted art would settle for a specific style and/or motive, like let's say modern art or impressionism, if those are their favourites.
Since even i can tell those aren't (high) quality pieces -the try on cubism aswell as the still-life can be best described as boring- there must be another, a personal reason to display them. Ed who has probably dabbled back then in different art styles and the portrait of a young Molly would fit the bill nicely.

My bet is on Eds&Mollys livingroom.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Therefore we will meet 4 different sets of parents in 4 different living rooms having 4 different awkward conversations?
Except only Holly and Alison live with their parents. Lena got to know Perry quite well, and Ian will have to interact with Louise and Stan too as currently that's who she lives with and I don't see Lena moving to her hometown, if anything it's probably they who may come to visit. Cindy lives with Wade and I'm not sure whose place it is; whether Cindy will have to move out if they break up or Wade will have to temporarily share a place with Perry and Ian.

Meeting the parents adds nothing to the game. This is not a life sim, it is an erotic novel (and a very raunchy one :love:) The only reason wasting assets on them would be if they are somehow involved in the story. Which is possible, of course. We are supposed to meet several new characters after all. But then we have to ask ourselves how they are involved
Meeting the parents complicates the relationship and adds drama. You should know that Eva loves including them to spice things up and make the payoff much more satisfying. What will Ian do if Holly's parents pressure him to propose and if he doesn't, forbid her to date him? Those Wits might come in handy to deal with that dilemma (either find a way to sweet-talk the parents or convince Holly to stand up for herself). What if Alison's parents are snobs just like his own, and will only accept him if he's financially successful? Also their presence might complicate their frequent sexual meetings so they'd probably have to get creative, especially if Perry starts bringing Emma or Cherry home.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
... and i am surprised noone else suggested this so far, of course Lenas parents. The rocking chair could see heavy use by her sickly (step-)dad, and their money issues may have prevented them to update their furniture to a more recent style.
Lena spent a week with them yet nothing was shown in the game. So it is highly unlikely they now just appear unannounced.

Except only Holly and Alison live with their parents. Lena got to know Perry quite well, and Ian will have to interact with Louise and Stan too as currently that's who she lives with and I don't see Lena moving to her hometown, if anything it's probably they who may come to visit. Cindy lives with Wade and I'm not sure whose place it is; whether Cindy will have to move out if they break up or Wade will have to temporarily share a place with Perry and Ian.

Meeting the parents complicates the relationship and adds drama. You should know that Eva loves including them to spice things up and make the payoff much more satisfying. What will Ian do if Holly's parents pressure him to propose and if he doesn't, forbid her to date him? Those Wits might come in handy to deal with that dilemma (either find a way to sweet-talk the parents or convince Holly to stand up for herself). What if Alison's parents are snobs just like his own, and will only accept him if he's financially successful? Also their presence might complicate their frequent sexual meetings so they'd probably have to get creative, especially if Perry starts bringing Emma or Cherry home.
OK, you think it is just in a single path.

Does it though? None of them had any qualms effing Ian before (or even brought up her parents) so why wouldn't they just continue to eff Ian behind their parents back? They are not teenagers any more, they have their own jobs. And I dare you to tell Alison whom to date :D
Also anyone trying to be snobbish better have a living room like Axel not such a tiny stuffed room.

So, no, I don't believe that could happen in Alison's path. Holly might be more timid, but do you really want to have a special background just to have (several) conversations with some religious nuts about the horrors of premarital sex? (No kink shaming ;))

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes