selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
It's only matter of time, people would literally analyze and type tens of pages even over blank image now if Eva were to upload it.
I think it's called anticipation, and i recall faintly there was a similar discussion for Axel's appartment and Louises room when those backgrounds were revealed. Some people like to sometimes use their upper head and not only the lower one.

Anyway, i am doubling down on my bet: this is Ed&Mollys livingroom.
a) The sheer size of this small room points to not being occupied by particular well-off couple, thus excluding for instance Perry's parents.
b) The only two photographs in the cabinet depict a solo shoot of a woman and a shoot of a couple in front of a landscape. These are from a childless couple, else they would have at least one family picture.
c) The whole room screams late 70s or early 80s, the wooden wall panels, the huge central cabinet featuring the TV as its centerpiece and the presence of a swiss-cheese plant (monstera deliciosa) which were a common sight back then. Although all those features get a kind of revival at the moment, this is not a livingroom of a interior design affine fashionista or hipster.
d) crowding such a small room with two additional pieces of furniture, namely the rocking chair and the foot rest means they serve a purpose. And since the chair doesn't face the TV it's not for relaxation and recreation, but for resting and sleeping, which points again to an easily exhausted, probably sickly person.

I would expect most parents in this game to be in their late 40s or max late 50s, which would make them probably too young to sport an original 70s / early 80s interior design setup for their livingrooms. They would rather go for a 90s+ style livingroom.

Here are some links if someone is interested in a more modern interpretation of that look:

Last edited:

Skylark21

Apr 9, 2018
I think it's called anticipation, and i recall faintly there was a similar discussion for Axel's appartment and Louises room when those backgrounds were revealed. Some people like to sometimes use their upper head and not only the lower one.

Anyway, i am doubling down on my bet: this is Ed&Mollys livingroom.
a) The sheer size of this small room points to not being occupied by particular well-off couple, thus excluding for instance Perry's parents.
b) The only two photographs in the cabinet depict a solo shoot of a woman and a shoot of a couple in front of a landscape. These are from a childless couple, else they would have at least one family picture.
c) The whole room screams late 70s or early 80s, the wooden wall panels, the huge central cabinet featuring the TV as its centerpiece and the presence of a swiss-cheese plant (monstera deliciosa) which were a common sight back then. Although all this features get a kind of revival at the moment, this is not a livingroom of a interior design affine fashionista or hipster.
d) crowding such a small room with two additional pieces of furniture, namely the rocking chair and the foot rest means they serve a purpose. And since the chair doesn't face the TV it's not for relaxation and recreation, but for resting and sleeping, which points again to an easily exhausted, probably sickly person.

I would expect most parents in this game to be in their late 40s or max late 50s, which would make them probably too young to sport an original 70s / early 80s interior design setup for their livingrooms. They would rather go for a 90s+ style livingroom.

Here are some links if someone is interested in a more modern interpretation of that look:

mind-blown-explosion.gif

BLucy

Mar 30, 2020
I know everybody is lost trying to decypher that background, but I just played it for the first time and I had a doubt that's eating me up:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't actually have anything to back it up, so maybe you intelligent people knew something I don't.

(The spoiler is not because I think it's 100% true, just don't want to spoil anything, even if little.)

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I know everybody is lost trying to decypher that background, but I just played it for the first time and I had a doubt that's eating me up:

I don't actually have anything to back it up, so maybe you intelligent people knew something I don't.

(The spoiler is not because I think it's 100% true, just don't want to spoil anything, even if little.)
Perhaps, only dev knows. I hope not. I'm not sure how far they can go without the need of an incest patch if that's the case.

Reactions: BLucy

John Doe Jr.

Jun 11, 2017
I'm guessing that room is Minerva's. Could be Alison's but it seems too....professional? Not quite sure the word I'm looking for but it seems to me Alison would have something more sleek and modern, youthful. However, I can definitely see a career woman doing really well for herself like Minerva who prides herself on having that sort of "boss" attitude about her having an office like that. It's 100% not Jeremy's and I don't think it's Ed/Molly because I really doubt we'd have need to even go to their house unless Eva has actually decided to start doing a route with them.

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
I'm guessing that room is Minerva's. Could be Alison's but it seems too....professional? Not quite sure the word I'm looking for but it seems to me Alison would have something more sleek and modern, youthful. However, I can definitely see a career woman doing really well for herself like Minerva who prides herself on having that sort of "boss" attitude about her having an office like that. It's 100% not Jeremy's and I don't think it's Ed/Molly because I really doubt we'd have need to even go to their house unless Eva has actually decided to start doing a route with them.
This is neither a bedroom nor an office.
It's missing atleast two important pieces of furniture to be a bedroom: a bed (duh!) and a wardrobe, a woman would also probably have a dressing table in her room.

And what exactly leads you to assume this could be an office? There is nothing professional about it, no desk, no computer, no files instead a rocking chair (!) and a TV? Should Minerva work at this small coffee table sitting on her couch? While watching TV? If she receives clients for a business talk should she take the rocking chair while her clients are cramped on that 2,5 seat couch? Or better use the armchair and both parties bow down to the low coffee table to discuss business papers?

For north-american standards this room is tiny: if you compare the size of the upper right photograph which looks like a common sized 5x7 inch format used for landscapes, you can deduce the size of the TV, which would be a 28 incher then. The width of the room is roughly 3,5 times the TV length which adds up to 98 inch or roughly 2,5 m. The length of the room can be deduced by the size of the couch which is probably not much more than 2 m, because it has only a single seat cushion. You can probably fit another couch into the space towards the central cabinet, add another meter for viewers perspective and you get something like 5 to 6 meters in length. Let's be gracious and we end up with a meager 15 squaremeter room.

This is not a classy, by no means a representative size and noone will be impressed by it. If Minerva can't do better than that as a corporate executive she should really look for another position.

dundun

Jul 6, 2017

Unlikely. Lena's father left her mother when she was 2 and she has seen photos of him. He was 35 then so she would recognize him. Also he is famous and rich. If he had a child there would be a lot of gossip about it.
You could still argue that maybe Lena's mother cheated with a younger Seymour but there is no evidence for that. And with that Logic he could also be Ian's father (or everyone elses).
The only evidence is his strange interest in Lena (she might look like her mother) and his eyes.

Last edited:

vgbestly

Jul 11, 2017
Unlikely. Lena's father left her mother when she was 2 and she has seen photos of him. He was 35 then so she would recognize him. Also he is famous and rich. If he had a child there would be a lot of gossip about it.
You could still argue that maybe Lena's mother cheated with a younger Seymour but there is no evidence for that. And with that Logic he could also be Ian's father (or everyone elses).
The only evidence is his strange interest in Lena (she might look like her mother) and his eyes.
I think we're all hoping that one day, some way, some how, we wake up and the "tags:" for this game includes incest or at least an ipatch.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
For north-american standards this room is tiny
Translation: By your standards, the room is tiny. Seems like an average or nicely sized (not huge, but by no means small) living room to me, a North American, who has far more often lived in cities, where space is limited and even nice apartments/condos often have smaller living rooms than this. Not saying it's lavish or anything, but it's not small.

Last edited:

selberdreher

Dec 29, 2017
Translation: By your standards, the room is tiny. Seems like an average or nicely sized (not huge, but by no means small) living room to me, a North American, who has far more often lived in cities, where space is limited and even nice apartments/condos often have smaller living rooms than this. Not saying it's lavish or anything, but it's not small.
So i have to concur to your experience then, since i have no first hand knowledge of canadian / US-american livingrooms.
However a quick and therefore perhaps unreliable google search yielded an average US-american livingroom size of 340 squarefeet (roughly 31,5 squaremeters) so my assumed 15 squaremeters (~161.5 squarefeet) looked small to me.

Let's call it decently sized for a major city apartment then, but it's by no means big and probably a good fit for a lower middleclass family or couple.
I am still pretty sure it would be greatly undersized for a corporate executive like Minerva, or Perry's parents.
Just look at that loft Axel is sporting in comparison, i don't really believe he is that much better off or is he? And even Lena's shared kitchen/livingroom area seems to be bigger than that livingroom.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes