Echbert

Jun 21, 2018
View attachment 2169056

Chapter 10 weekly status report (19)

Hello everyone,
Chapter 10 is finally getting close to being finished. I'm almost done with the writing, all that's left are a couple of scenes and a final, big lewd scene. This one is complex and it can take place with 3 different characters, so it will be challenging to write, but once that's done the writing will be complete. Lena's part of the script has already caught up in length with Ian's, and will surpass it, so in total this update will have the most density of content to date.

Other tasks that need to be completed are editing the artwork and then revising the script, implementing a few technical things, play-testing and bug-solving. Hopefully I haven't made too many mistakes and we can complete that part quickly. I'm not giving a specific date for the release because I can't confidently predict when everything will be 100% ready, but if everything goes smoothly the Alpha could be out by the end of November/start of December. I'll give you more detailed info in the next weekly update, as the finishing steps come together.

In the meanwhile, I'll show you what some characters have been up to during this time. Who's the one you're hoping to spend some time with in Chapter 10?

View attachment 2169057

Both of those captions suck ass, but suit both characters so well, lol!

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
December locked! Looks like it's going to be a very juicy Christmas,
I told you all months ago that it will be released in December and you all booed me for speaking the truth.

a lot of top games are coming out in December.
That just the game. You release an update just as the hollydays are coming and you are free for next 2 months from any expectations without people roasting you.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I told you all months ago that it will be released in December and you all booed me for speaking the truth.
It's not entirely true, it's called a prediction. You guessed it better, but I was counting on October a few months ago. And in general, I propose to end these wars "Eva white knights vs milking dev brigade". They lead nowhere, mods end up removing the whole shitstorm.
I do not belong to camp number 2, I just agree that 8 months is too long.
This must change if Eva wants to keep the audience interested in the game. I consider the objective time for such an update to be no more than 5-6 months.
That just the game. You release an update just as the hollydays are coming and you are free for next 2 months from any expectations without people roasting you.
Yeah, I think she might take another vacation for a couple of weeks... But man, this is Spain. My close friends are now living in Spain and they say that in the Spain culture it is not normal to crunch and work half to death. There's nothing to be done here.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I haven't played the Reworked version of this game, so I don't know how much work went into redoing everything. But that rework also made the next update take much longer.
If you haven't played the Remastered edition, then you won't be able to play Chapter 10 unless you start a new game. Either way you need to play from the very beginning, why not start now? While Eva is working, it's perfect time to set up your saves.

I finally got time to properly play the Remastered release, and I gotta say, it takes quite a bit of time to get through all 9 chapters, even without deviating from my "canon" playthrough, since I lost my "persistent" file and need to read through all the dialogue without skipping; I'll probably soon be able to memorize the entire script.

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
If you haven't played the Remastered edition, then you won't be able to play Chapter 10 unless you start a new game. Either way you need to play from the very beginning, why not start now? While Eva is working, it's perfect time to set up your saves.

I finally got time to properly play the Remastered release, and I gotta say, it takes quite a bit of time to get through all 9 chapters, even without deviating from my "canon" playthrough, since I lost my "persistent" file and need to read through all the dialogue without skipping; I'll probably soon be able to memorize the entire script.
I'm currently enjoying going through the backlog of Games with new updates I haven't played for the last few months. Funnily enough, the progression was halted for finding out two new devs that I like and I've been trying out the several games they already published, so it's taking a while ahahahah!

I'm not in any rush, I like thoroughly enjoying my games and engaging in the comment section.

Reactions: BloodyMares

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
You must have the patience of a monk to avoid playing the rework. But if I were you don't play the rework until chapter 10 comes out. Most if not all the old saves won't work and there's only a handful of scenes that were reworked because some of the gameplay was changed.
Patience of a monk ahahahahah! I think it's just because I follow so many games and I'm constantly picking up new games (specially if they are already Completed). I usually over-focus on F95Zone for some time and then I stop checking on things for months, just to let the updates and new chapters pile on each other.

I like to binge watch series and shit like that, I never follow things on a weekly basis. I let it accumulate over time while I focus on work or other things, then I consume it all in one go.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
It's not entirely true, it's called a prediction. You guessed it better, but I was counting on October a few months ago. And in general, I propose to end these wars "Eva white knights vs milking dev brigade". They lead nowhere, mods end up removing the whole shitstorm.
I do not belong to camp number 2, I just agree that 8 months is too long.
This must change if Eva wants to keep the audience interested in the game. I consider the objective time for such an update to be no more than 5-6 months.

Yeah, I think she might take another vacation for a couple of weeks... But man, this is Spain. My close friends are now living in Spain and they say that in the Spain culture it is not normal to crunch and work half to death. There's nothing to be done here.
I was literally just using the time Dev spent on making Ian's part (4 Months) to predict it and people were still getting mad.

I have no idea why people thought Lena's half was going to take less time when it's litterally the other half of the game. It's roughly the same size as the first one so naturally the same time needs to be spent making it.

If it took less time, it would mean that the Dev was not doing their best for the first half of the game, which is highly doubtful to be the case.

Reactions: jojogeo and Turret

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
I was literally just using the time Dev spent on making Ian's part (4 Months) to predict it and people were still getting mad.

I have no idea why people thought Lena's half was going to take less time when it's litterally the other half of the game. It's roughly the same size as the first one so naturally the same time needs to be spent making it.

If it took less time, it would mean that the Dev was not doing their best for the first half of the game, which is highly doubtful to be the case.
I'll correct it a bit. Eva seems to have finished the Ian part at the end of August, which means 4.5 months, Lena part takes 3 months, if the game really comes out at the end of November - beginning of December. It looks like hiring an artist has really sped up the work and it's a better pace than it was.

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
I'll correct it a bit. Eva seems to have finished the Ian part at the end of August, which means 4.5 months, Lena part takes 3 months, if the game really comes out at the end of November - beginning of December. It looks like hiring an artist has really sped up the work and it's a better pace than it was.
There is no way that timeframe is correct. EvaKiss spent like 3 weeks going at Book Fares and Weddings.

Reactions: aykarin

priv.ryan

May 15, 2020
surely this chapter has to be the same size as 5 chapters for the time she is taking like tf
True, this game dev is probably overdoing it in the time it's taking. Either the next update is massive or I don't know what is going on.

I haven't played the Reworked version of this game, so I don't know how much work went into redoing everything. But that rework also made the next update take much longer.
The update will feel big if you do multiple playthroughs, but it won't feel any different to the past updates in size if people just do a single path.
Regardless I can already see the "Dev milk" crew jumping on each other claiming the update is too small.

Reactions: Tallyhoe

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
The update will feel big if you do multiple playthroughs, but it won't feel any different to the past updates in size if people just do a single path.
Regardless I can already see the "Dev milk" crew jumping on each other claiming the update is too small.
EvaKiss games, with all the different choices and possible pathways you can take, have TONS of content. I still find myself finding new things when I play GGGB after all this time.

What'sNew

Oct 20, 2021
View attachment 2169056

Chapter 10 weekly status report (19)

Hello everyone,
Chapter 10 is finally getting close to being finished. I'm almost done with the writing, all that's left are a couple of scenes and a final, big lewd scene. This one is complex and it can take place with 3 different characters, so it will be challenging to write, but once that's done the writing will be complete. Lena's part of the script has already caught up in length with Ian's, and will surpass it, so in total this update will have the most density of content to date.

Other tasks that need to be completed are editing the artwork and then revising the script, implementing a few technical things, play-testing and bug-solving. Hopefully I haven't made too many mistakes and we can complete that part quickly. I'm not giving a specific date for the release because I can't confidently predict when everything will be 100% ready, but if everything goes smoothly the Alpha could be out by the end of November/start of December. I'll give you more detailed info in the next weekly update, as the finishing steps come together.

In the meanwhile, I'll show you what some characters have been up to during this time. Who's the one you're hoping to spend some time with in Chapter 10?

View attachment 2169057
Kinda wished the previews had custom art in it and not just character sprites. Feels like a missed opportunity tbh. Like we could have had an illustration of Ivy grinding on Jeremy. :devilish:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
"deleted reason off-topic":mad:
One can discuss the second post, but the other post of mine was NOT off-topic! It was about the overlong time intervall for the ORS ch.10 update and that other high-quality games like "WIAB" and "SG" manage shorter intervalls despite being developed by the same dev in tandem.
Hope the self-censored who reported the posts can now flatfap proudly since it will feel bigger to him!:devilish:

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
"deleted reason off-topic":mad:
One can discuss the second post, but the other post of mine was NOT off-topic! It was about the overlong time intervall for the ORS ch.10 update and that other high-quality games like "WIAB" and "SG" manage shorter intervalls despite being developed by the same dev in tandem.
Hope the self-censored who reported the posts can now flatfap proudly since it will feel bigger to him!:devilish:
I didn't have time to reply to that post, but I saw it. Unfortunately, I don't know for what reason, but there are very strict rules about mentioning other games in the threads.:unsure:
Those games that you mentioned are 3D. Their development speed mainly depends on the hardware power of the developer.
EVa Kiss games - 2D. Each art is processed by hand, completely. No rendering.

Reactions: mommysboiii
4.60 star(s) 312 Votes