Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
How tf is Lena a slut?

Is she on the same level or whatever as early game Ashley in GGGB? No different levels but still not a slut.

Only by the players hand can you make her into a slut but by all means nothing in early game makes her a slut. Hell you can do a one nighter with Jabroni Robert and she still wouldn’t be a slut.

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
How tf is Lena a slut?

Is she on the same level or whatever as early game Ashley in GGGB? No different levels but still not a slut.

Only by the players hand can you make her into a slut but by all means nothing in early game makes her a slut. Hell you can do a one nighter with Jabroni Robert and she still wouldn’t be a slut.
She is not a nun so she is a total slut. Shame on her.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
I'm not entirely satisfied with the book creation. Not every trope is properly hinted at.

For reference: https://f95zone.to/threads/our-red-string-v10-0-final-eva-kiss.48813/post-9673089

Fantasy: Chosen One, Dark Lord and Sage being clichees is mentioned by Holly. Anti-Hero being well and the Challenge is trickier, thoguh Holly points out to favor a dark, grim tone. Though Betrayal could fit as well.
I don't recall any hint regarding a romance. Why is metaphysical bad?
Ending is pointed out by Holly.

Sci-Fi: I recall that Holly says to shake things up, so Chosen One is important for a change. It sucks for voters of Call of Duty, which seems a solid choice. Dark Lord and Sage being bad may fall under clichees. Fight being a bad challenge seems fine, though there is no indicator. Love Interest being metaphysical makes sense for the genre.

History: Holly mentions to leave weird elements out of it, so Chosen One and Trickster shouldn't appear. Not using villain and using relativistic is on point for this genre. Treason being bad is pointed out by Holly. I find no indicator for Crude being bad. If anything, I would punish the choice of metaphysical, since this isn't a world of fiction. Minus points for Defeat is weird as well, since History is all about losing. Holly hammers in how important it is to not have a happy ending, so giving Victory a point and Defeat none is baffling.

Overall, there is no indicator for a Love Interest, Fight is a mostly useless choice that isn't even indicated to be bad and History is fairly difficult to get right.
I wouldn't mind in addition to Holly and Perry to have other characters help Ian. Lena is an avid reader, Seymour was a writer. Minerva and Victor are part of the jury, but with good relationships points, it isn't unfeasable if Ian gets their preferences out (especially corrupt, blackmailed Minerva).

Reactions: Redgy

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I don't recall any hint regarding a romance. Why is metaphysical bad?
As you mention, Holly points out that a dark, grim tone fits Ian's writing well, and Ian's comment about the crude love interest goes "Love is not always nice. It can be crude and tragic... I know that well." For romantic approach, Ian comments that it "should be easy to fit into my fantasy story" and we know Holly's fantasy books have lot of romance and they evidently do good. So it's something that resonates with the readers.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Sci-Fi: I recall that Holly says to shake things up, so Chosen One is important for a change. It sucks for voters of Call of Duty, which seems a solid choice. Dark Lord and Sage being bad may fall under clichees. Fight being a bad challenge seems fine, though there is no indicator. Love Interest being metaphysical makes sense for the genre.
This wasn't a good hint at all IMO. The most universally known Sci Fi story is Star Wars and Luke is really made out to be like a "chosen one", just as Rei is in those propaganda-filled sequels.

I specifically didn't select "Chosen One" because of that hint and may have without it.

Same reason I ruled out "Trickster" for the Sci Fi book though as the graphic is literally an outline of Yoda.

Eva doesn't need to lead the player by the hand for these, but the selection of hints is most definitely flawed and something she should retcon when the game is done, as success in the contest is likely a pivotal part of "Good Ending" in the game. For a little more freedom on choices, maybe base some of the success in writing on Intellect too, with only one or two key selections having a 0, -1 or a 2 for points so not as many hints are needed.

Users playing a game in development are (generally) going to be more forgiving of these sort of game design flaws in "winning" (as much as you can "win" in an AVN). But end users purchasing the game on final release will expect a sharper product there. Same goes with the Take Drugs > Game Crash joke puzzle in Chapter 8, as most end-users won't even be familiar with the Renpy crash screen. It'll be more of a WTF? than an in-joke.

Last edited:

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
I've played this game for a good while (couldn't tell you exactly what chapter I came in) and haven't really been in this thread much till recently.

I tried searching but right now my internet is making searching around a chore.

Whats the point of the cards or whatever for Ian?

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
This wasn't a good hint at all IMO. The most universally known Sci Fi story is Star Wars and Luke is really made out to be like a "chosen one", just as Rei is in those propaganda-filled sequels.

I specifically didn't select "Chosen One" because of that hint and may have without it.

Same reason I ruled out "Trickster" for the Sci Fi book though as the graphic is literally an outline of Yoda.
Star Wars isn't Science Fiction, its Fantasy in space. And what worked for old school then is a clichee now.

Science Fiction is also a tricky genre and while Holly comments on most choices, she doesn't on all and a good chunk of them are plain guessing.

The only fairly easy genre is Fantasy, really. I merely got 5/8 points für my history (Crude and Defeat), so either I'm too stupid too read or the game design is bad (I'm fine if its the first case xp ).

Whats the point of the cards or whatever for Ian?
I just started a discussion about the book points and linked a chart.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BloodyMares

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
Star Wars isn't Science Fiction, its Fantasy in space. And what worked for old school then is a clichee now.

Science Fiction is also a tricky genre and while Holly comments on most choices, she doesn't on all and a good chunk of them are plain guessing.

The only fairly easy genre is Fantasy, really. I merely got 5/8 points für my history (Crude and Defeat), so either I'm too stupid too read or the game design is bad (I'm fine if its the first case xp ).

I'll glance at it.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021

Are you kidding me? That's an 100% arbitrary opinion that wouldn't be shared by most of the general public. Maybe just among some super-fans that gatekeep a geekdom forum of some sort. Ships in space, robots and hi-tech gadgets will = Sci-fi category in most people's minds, which isn't negated just because there are arguably fantasy elements too. The general public should of course be who these hints are aimed at, as you have many different users playing.

Chosen One (i.e. Luke Skywalker or Rei) just doesn't seem like "shaking things up" in that category.

Last edited:

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022

Yeah, Game of Thrones is not Fantasy, it's a political drama in the Middle Ages :\

• Haha
Reactions: Tulrek

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
The hints for the book aren't very good by themselves, but I get the logic behind them when you savescum and see what Ian says about how exactly he plans to implement the ideas.

Maybe they would work better if the player could see that monologue before locking a decision, but whatever. Most VNs involve some arbitrary shit to explain the optimal routes so it is nothing new under the sun.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Maybe they would work better if the player could see that monologue before locking a decision, but whatever. Most VNs involve some arbitrary shit to explain the optimal routes so it is nothing new under the sun.
I think the current version is okay, since the player is able to change 1-2 cards (depending on whether they've put extra effort in the book writing) in chapter 10, which means a good chance overall to get max score, unless they didn't pay attention early and really messed up.

evilkitty97

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2021
Technically, Lena is not a slut in the beginning or if the player chooses her not to be one. Because she only ever had 1 man in her past, which is Axel.

But the fact that Lena has the potential to be a slut in the game like MercyHealer says, means she can definitely be one. Although only if the player chooses that route for her.

She can become one if she chooses to date both Ian and Robert as by definition.
Slutty, but that isnt a bad thing.

I prefer slutty than prude, personally.

And Lena, like Ashley from GGGB, is going to be amazing.
Cant wait for her first GB scene :love:

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes