ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I want to ask, did everyone who was nice to Stan get his weird declaration of love?
The declaration hinges on having good relationship with Stan, yes. But probably worth to keep on mind that currently the player has no option to pick the "Let's discuss this" branch which allows Lena to either let him down gently or (tentatively) accept his feelings. So the impression he creates can be pretty skewed.

Reactions: BloodyMares

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
Yes, but it's the sudden switch that makes this not believable. I've known my fair share of Stan's over the years and this is not how they switch. The usual path is to at first try to be understanding and accepting of the other person's decision and try to play it cool for a while, but on the inside there's actual some resentment building which ultimately starts making them to slowly act out of character and making that switch and eventually lash out at the person. But even then it's not to this dimension. We all have to understand that Stan is a full blown introvert, so his lashing out would probably be a ot more subtle and in a way it could actually also be meaner then this. Instead he just comes out as childish, which isn't something I can actually say from the few Stan's I've met in my life.
You should visit the r/nice guys Reddit. You will find plenty of examples like this one.

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
I suspect it has a lot to do with people having played the parts where Gillian appears literally years ago, when the episodes with her were released. Her presence and tension surrounding it is quite stronger when you've just played the whole game in one (or few) sittings, and Ian's recollections and dream of her are fresh on your mind.
Would be true, but if you remember correctly we all had to start a new game on this last episode, so all of that it's still pretty fresh in my mind. Obviously not all have to feel the same way as me, but seeing others having the same feeling as I have makes me think that other people also felt that this wasn't really well developped and there was not enough tension to make this as impactful as it is supposed to come across.

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
You should visit the r/nice guys Reddit. You will find plenty of examples like this one.
Not really interested in checking that to be honest, but anyway, I'll take your word on that one. ;)

Still from a story point of view, I still feel like this could've been handled very differently and made the story more interesting, even if the outcome would end up being the same.

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
True, I had my suspicions about how his character is going to develop and it's a shame I was right :\
I finally agree with you on some points, thanks Stan. :ROFLMAO: In general, in any fiction there are characters that disgust the majority, like Robert for example. But Eva may want that character to be Stan, despite the whining of some of the audience who see themselves in Stan and feel sympathy for him.:KEK:
The declaration hinges on having good relationship with Stan, yes. But probably worth to keep on mind that currently the player has no option to pick the "Let's discuss this" branch which allows Lena to either let him down gently or (tentatively) accept his feelings. So the impression he creates can be pretty skewed.
I'm coming to the conclusion that the best way out is to be neutral towards Stan in the game and avoid him as much as possible. Away from dangerous drama, because I remember that in GGGB Ashley could die before the end of the game.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Would be true, but if you remember correctly we all had to start a new game on this last episode, so all of that it's still pretty fresh in my mind.
That still makes the impressions a few months old, and that's generously presuming people didn't just hold down Ctrl to skip through bits they've already played in the previous iteration.

Obviously not all have to feel the same way as me, but seeing others having the same feeling as I have makes me think that other people also felt that this wasn't really well developped and there was not enough tension to make this as impactful as it is supposed to come across.
I have severe doubts whether this is something that ever can be "well developed" and it hinges more on the player's initial impression of the character than anything -- case in point, Being a DIK has devoted entire episode to establish importance of "returning ex". It didn't stop some people from loudly and repeatedly declaring how they just don't care about the character because they've already settled on some other option.

(then, when the said ex actually showed up and could be interacted with it turned out that, surprise surprise, some of these people found their lack of interest highly premature)

Chuck_Bass

Nov 25, 2022
I finally agree with you on some points, thanks Stan. :ROFLMAO: In general, in any fiction there are characters that disgust the majority, like Robert for example. But Eva may want that character to be Stan, despite the whining of some of the audience who see themselves in Stan and feel sympathy for him.:KEK:
Well, we agree about Robert too, the guy got zero personality and if was 60 pounds heavier he would probably be a Stan too.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'm coming to the conclusion that the best way out is to be neutral towards Stan in the game and avoid him as much as possible. Away from dangerous drama, because I remember that in GGGB Ashley could die before the end of the game.
That's how Lena has interacted with Stan in my game -- she was polite with him early on and invited him to exhibition. But when he started to display incel vibes right afterwards she promptly stopped him (making earlier mistake with Ed has helped in this regard, in the sense it was a lesson well learnt) and then avoided to pick sides in his fights with Louise. So they're acquaintances, he's grateful Lena is paying her rent, but things don't develop into any awkward territory.

Of course, if someone plays the game specifically for maximum drama then incel Stan is a just perfect toy to play with. :v

Last edited:
Reactions: selberdreher

Hakunak

A game developer with big breasts and a hairy cunt
Game Developer
Oct 30, 2018
I wish endings of the stan or ed route was a wedding with pregnant lena

Geralt From Rivia

Forum Fanatic
Jun 15, 2022
Well, we agree about Robert too, the guy got zero personality and if was 60 pounds heavier he would probably be a Stan too.
Yeah, Robert is typical wannabe-alpha, although in reality he is a loser and shows this by his frustrated behavior when he is refused.
That's how Lena has interacted with Stan in my game -- she was polite with him early on and invited him to exhibition. But when he started to display incel vibes right afterwards she promptly stopped him (making earlier mistake with Ed has helped in this regard, in the sense it was a lesson well learnt) and then avoided to pick sides in his fights with Louise. So they're acquaintances, he's grateful Lena is paying her rent, but things don't develop into any awkward territory.

Of course, if someone plays the game specifically for maximum drama then incel Stan is a just perfect toy to play with. :v
At least Ed isn't as creepy as Stan. Just an aging man who missed his youth and seeing a hot girl in him wakes up male instincts. Ed is harmless, I'm not sure about Stan.

Reactions: manani and lipe2410

xgrotesc

Sep 8, 2016
That still makes the impressions a few months old, and that's generously presuming people didn't just hold down Ctrl to skip through bits they've already played in the previous iteration.
I understand your point, but from my personal experience, since the game had new dialogue and new scenes I played all of it without skipping anything to actually understand what were the changes to the story.

I have severe doubts whether this is something that ever can be "well developed" and it hinges more on the player's initial impression of the character than anything -- case in point, Being a DIK has devoted entire episode to establish importance of "returning ex". It didn't stop some people from loudly and repeatedly declaring how they just don't care about the character because they've already settled on some other option.

(then, when the said ex actually showed up and could be interacted with it turned out that, surprise surprise, some of these people found their lack of interest highly premature)
I recently played the new update of BaDIK and I understand once again your point, but that's not the comparison I was trying to make. If you read through my "rant", you can actually see I'm not against Gillian being introduced into the cast, I just don't feel like at this point it added that much, specially with the way it was handled. And once again if you read through it I do explain how I feel it could've been handled by giving 2 different examples. Obviously you and others are free to disagree with my opinion and it's all fun and games. But do understand that I'm not just coming around with the usual negative attitude that can be found throughout all forums in the internet and saying "this is all bullcrap, boohoo, burn the witch", but actually trying to provide constructive criticism on something I wasn't particularly pleased with, while also supplying some insight on how I believe it could've been done differently and make things better, from my particular point of view. But if you and others don't agree with this and feel like the way it was handled it's actually good enough and fits the story timing, then so be it, we just have to agree to disagree on this matter.

MinkoSvk

Sep 1, 2020
Cannot agree. Imo Rober is lighter version of Axel. Manipulative person, who wants to have lena only for himself and under control.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Ok so at there are two dialogue options with Stan that I can't seem to unlock. One is a friendly option and the other is the unfriendly option. Someone mentioned earlier that the friendly option is impossible at the moment because of missing variables. Is this the case with the unfriendly option aswell?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
At least Ed isn't as creepy as Stan. Just an aging man who missed his youth and seeing a hot girl in him wakes up male instincts. Ed is harmless, I'm not sure about Stan.
I'll admit, Ed actually scared me more than Stan. The way he kept barging in on Lena changing after she told him about her modeling, and then going on her Fakegram account to post cum emotes and then he'd get all incel-like pissed after getting called out on it (and then he eventually still disregards Lena's wishes and acts as if they never happened). I've seen enough excuses of "oh it's just male instincts" to give that motherfucker a permanent sideeye because i don't really trust him he even wants to control these "male instincts", much less is capable of actually controlling them.

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
I want to ask, did everyone who was nice to Stan get his weird declaration of love? If so, then I'm not at all surprised. This guy has been a creepy incel and will remain so. Eva doesn't like this character, so I doubt he will end up with something good.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I agree, The cringe was just too much

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Ok so at there are two dialogue options with Stan that I can't seem to unlock. One is a friendly option and the other is the unfriendly option. Someone mentioned earlier that the friendly option is impossible at the moment because of missing variables. Is this the case with the unfriendly option aswell?
If you mean the You don't need that option, then it's currently bugged -- it's locked behind condition v10_stan_pay > 2 which is not possible, because that variable can have value of 2 at most (meaning, Lena is paying Stan the increased rent)

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes