thedude

Aug 9, 2016
I'd say it's all about the type of the male MC. Almost all games with male MCs simply pretend that you are the MC (thus not giving them any type of interesting personality or character arc aside from romancing girls). And if the MC is named, then it's almost always a college boy with a huge dick. I haven't encountered many games where the male MC is shown to be as important as his waifus where he gets his personal goals that have nothing to do with girls or shows emotional vulnerability, faces various challenges beyond fighting off competitors or creeps, etc. Basically a game where a man is treated like a person, not just a plot device for sex or a power fantasy. Is there any game that explores corruption of a guy for example? I only know of those where you're allowed to play like a dick / creep from the start, instead of having a somewhat believable journey.
I'd point you to this thread. Most games there have well-written MCs.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I'd point you to this thread. Most games there have well-written MCs.
Not really. A lot of the games on the list have unbelievable stories which are a result of world development were the universe revolves around the MC of the game. Most of them are over dramatic stories as well which are a result of the Dev believing grandiose developments and sudden Drama will turn their VN into HBO quality. It will not.

A lot of posters automatically assume a game with great renders and absence of grammatical errors means a great story. Feelings like Jealousy, insecurity, competitiveness are absent from 99% of the VNs listed in that thread, in order to give the player a (((safe space))) and not feel challanged or insecure to avoid the dreadsome NTR label.

But as a result, those game feels artificially designed, with characters existing to stroke the players ego and missing critical human emoticons everyone deals with daily.

For example of what I mean: Players here were very furious at Jeremy for fllirting with Alison and competing with Ian to score, because they are not used to that concept. MC best friend tropes in the VNs listed exist to boost player ego, as funny sidekick, to give him girls (but never want one for themselves). Basically carboard cutouts to boost the player but never having real desires of their own.

I did not like Jeremy's action, but it made the game more believable in my eyes, and more enjoyable in my opinion, when you finally get her instead of Jeremy. It feels earned.

There are very few VNs where the world does not revolve around the MC, were other characters exist and compete with the MC for affection with LI and ORS is the best in that field. Every accomplishment feels earned. Motivations feel believable and grounded.

There is no sudden outburst of drama and emotions, there is no deus ex machina to force plot points.

Because of this, Eva Kiss is one of the best writer in F95 bar non.

Last edited:

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Not really. A lot of the games on the list have unbelievable stories which are a result of world development were the universe revolves around the MC of the game. Most of them are over dramatic stories as well which are a result of the Dev believing grandiose developments and sudden Drama will turn their VN into HBO quality. It will not.

A lot of posters automatically assume a game with great renders and absence of grammatical errors means a great story. Feelings like Jealousy, insecurity, competitiveness are absent from 99% of the VNs listed in that thread, in order to give the player a (((safe space))) and not feel challanged or insecure to avoid the dreadsome NTR label.

But as a result, those game feels artificially designed, with characters existing to stroke the players ego and missing critical human emoticons everyone deals with daily.

For example of what I mean: Players here were very furious at Jeremy for fllirting with Alison and competing with Ian to score, because they are not used to that concept. MC best friend tropes in the VNs listed exist to boost player ego, as funny sidekick, to give him girls (but never want one for themselves). Basically carboard cutouts to boost the player but never having real desires of their own.

I did not like Jeremy's action, but it made the game more believable in my eyes, and more enjoyable in my opinion, when you finally get her instead of Jeremy. It feels earned.

There are very few VNs where the world does not revovle around the MC, were other characters exist and compete with the MC for affection with LI and ORS is the best in that field. Every accomplishment feels earned. Motivations feel believable and grounded.

There is no sudden outburst of drama and emotions, there is no deus ex machina to force plot points.

Because of this, Eva Kiss is one of the best writer in F95 bar non.
You don't need all these—jealousy, insecurity, and competitiveness—to make a good game. One or two is usually enough. Besides, signs of a good game usually come from well-developed world building, compelling characters, gripping dialogues, significant choices, etc., not because the MC has to compete with his best friend to get the girl.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
You don't need all these—jealousy, insecurity, and competitiveness—to make a good game. One or two is usually enough. Besides, signs of a good game usually come from well-developed world building, compelling characters, gripping dialogues, significant choices, etc., not because the MC has to compete with his best friend to get the girl.
I didn't necessarily say the games on the list are bad games. They are entertaining and fun VNs, sure. But not well written or believable as ORS. And you missed the point about Jeremy and the Ian. It is not about the best friend competing with the MC to get the girl, it is about characters existing outside of the MC universe bubble and having desires and wants that conflict with what the MC wants.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
It is not about the best friend competing with the MC to get the girl, it is about characters existing outside of the MC universe bubble and having desires and wants that conflict with what the MC wants.
Pretty sure many games listed there have that. From my own experience, Nothing Is Forever, Intertwined, Acting Lessons, One Day At A Time, Life Changes for Keeley, and Three Rules of Life have exactly what you want; believable and well-written side characters with their own wants and desires that may or may not conflict with MC's.

I know you're an EvaKiss fan, but claiming 99% of the games on the list isn't on par with ORS is just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: thedude

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Okay, as much as I like to joke around here with you guys, where is the weekly update? I'm eager to see it.
Yeah 2 weeks without a weekly update. It seemed like the previous updates were reporting good progress. Maybe Eva wants the next weekly update to be the last and therefore felt forced to push it back. Or maybe that's just cope.

Reactions: Balsamic

Reaurt

Nov 25, 2017
Just some speculation: While replaying some of the game, I noticed during Ivy's party at the club that Billy talks about renting a beach house for a week "next month" for his brand/label opening. This might overlap with Perry's beach house invitation. Could be an excuse to get a majority of the characters involved in beach escapades in the same episode, especially if they're all coincidentally at the same beach at the same time. Ivy and Jeremy might be at one, and Perry, Wade, Ian, and Holly might be at the other. Lena might be forced to choose one of them or double dip, if she's friendly with Billy.

Jun 1, 2017
Just some speculation: While replaying some of the game, I noticed during Ivy's party at the club that Billy talks about renting a beach house for a week "next month" for his brand/label opening. This might overlap with Perry's beach house invitation. Could be an excuse to get a majority of the characters involved in beach escapades in the same episode, especially if they're all coincidentally at the same beach at the same time. Ivy and Jeremy might be at one, and Perry, Wade, Ian, and Holly might be at the other. Lena might be forced to choose one of them or double dip, if she's friendly with Billy.
I think Eva also added a couple new mini games, so we might get beach games!!

Doppelgang

Jul 5, 2022
That actually makes a lot of sense. Considering the amount of photographers that are already in the game—and how much the model event with Billy has been hinted at for several chapters—it would be a very strange decision to introduce him to the story if it didn’t contain something more than what we already get from Axel and the other photographers. I had completely forgotten the part about renting a beach house for a week, which would be a good way to have most of the cast present during that chapter—without all of them having to be crammed into one location, with all the challenges that would involve. But yeah, it would be weird if those two beach house events weren’t connected in some way in the structure of the story.

Reactions: Homemade and Reaurt

der123fer

Donor
Aug 8, 2020
1682765844949.png

Hello guys,
first of all, sorry for the lack of status update last week. It's been a couple of rough weeks due to me feeling sick first and then the passing of a close family member, so I found it rather impossible to sit down and write. Since I couldn't get my head to properly work, I focused on art tasks, which are less straining to the brain.
All major scenes are already drawn but one, and 8 of them are completely finished (which makes around 50+ fully rendered illustrations, with variations and 11 animations).
Incidentally, the colorist has also had some family hiccups and is behind schedule, but I have plenty to keep myself occupied with while she catches up on all the illustrations I've already sent her. I've kept working with other artists that have assisted me with the drawings: I always draw the heads and faces and they fill in the rest. Here's an example of one of the illustrations done in this way: can you spot the difference?
1684247505014.png
4 new backgrounds are also being worked on and I approved the sketches a few days ago:
1684247512834.png
I wanto to pick up the writing again this week and find a way to finally break the block I've been having with two particular scenes. Hopefully I can finish it soon and begin to ensamble and polish all the moving parts of Chapter 11. Once again thanks for your patience and support, I intend to make the wait worth it!

Last edited:

ArcherHades46

Jan 13, 2022
I think everyone understands Eva's problems perfectly, we are waiting, Hachiko mode is activated. I think she will saturate us with content in this update, but I'm more looking forward to scenes with Stan, and double penetration. Or maybe the scenes with Michael. We tolerate gentlemen, probably a week left.

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
View attachment 2581327

Hello guys,
first of all, sorry for the lack of status update last week. It's been a couple of rough weeks due to me feeling sick first and then the passing of a close family member, so I found it rather impossible to sit down and write. Since I couldn't get my head to properly work, I focused on art tasks, which are less straining to the brain.
All major scenes are already drawn but one, and 8 of them are completely finished (which makes around 50+ fully rendered illustrations, with variations and 11 animations).
Incidentally, the colorist has also had some family hiccups and is behind schedule, but I have plenty to keep myself occupied with while she catches up on all the illustrations I've already sent her. I've kept working with other artists that have assisted me with the drawings: I always draw the heads and faces and they fill in the rest. Here's an example of one of the illustrations done in this way: can you spot the difference?

4 new backgrounds are also being worked on and I approved the sketches a few days ago:

I wanto to pick up the writing again this week and find a way to finally break the block I've been having with two particular scenes. Hopefully I can finish it soon and begin to ensamble and polish all the moving parts of Chapter 11. Once again thanks for your patience and support, I intend to make the wait worth it!
Is it just me or does her right leg look wrong !

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Homemade
4.60 star(s) 312 Votes