fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Mark isn't exactly an improvement in this regard, he's trying to hook up with Lena even when Ivy and Lena are potentially pairing him with Holly, and he wasn't much of an option in GGGB, either.
That isn't great from him, but in my opinion it's a far cry from what the other male characters in this game have done. Especially since he isn't committed to Holly and only pursues Lena if she initiates it by flirting. The other stuff characters have done in this game if done in real life would lead to me not wanting to associate with them. For Mark if he was my mate I'd just tell him it was dick move and that's it.

Reactions: MrMf101

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
That isn't great from him, but in my opinion it's a far cry from what the other male characters in this game have done.
It's not very far off from e.g. what Jeremy is doing with Louise: Jeremy claims it's okay for him to chase after Ivy because he doesn't consider himself Louise's boyfriend. Mark uses basically the same reasoning when hitting on Lena, that he doesn't view Holly as anything but casual hook up, regardless of what Holly might think about it.

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
It's not very far off from e.g. what Jeremy is doing with Louise: Jeremy claims it's okay for him to chase after Ivy because he doesn't consider himself Louise's boyfriend. Mark uses basically the same reasoning when hitting on Lena, that he doesn't view Holly as anything but casual hook up, regardless of what Holly might think about it.
Difference is Louise thinks the two are in a committed relationship and Holly (at most) wants to be in a relationship with Mark, which I don't even think is the case. Ivy's constant advice and the reason for Holly even knowing Mark is so that Holly can have slept around a bit more, not for Holly to immediately go into a committed relationship. But again Holly might be pursuing Mark, but she has no reason to think they are exclusive. I don't think the two have even had any sort of sexual action besides trading nudes. If anything the person most in the wrong is Lena for encouraging Holly to go for Mark only to steal him.

Reactions: MrMf101

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But again Holly might be pursuing Mark, but she has no reason to think they are exclusive. I don't think the two have even had any sort of sexual action besides trading nudes.
Holly can potentially give Mark a blowjob in a car while he's driving her back home after Ivy's birthday party. Then the next morning he's texting Lena asking her out. Given he's well aware these two are fairly close friends it's... pretty poor form, to say the least.
Python:
                    if holly_guy == 2:
                        l "{i}Wait, aren't you dating my friend Holly?{/i}"
                        ma "{i}Dating? Barely {image=emoji_laugh.webp}{/i}"
                        ma "{i}She was just curious and asked me to help her have some fun, that's all.{/i}"

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Holly can potentially give Mark a blowjob in a car while he's driving her back home after Ivy's birthday party. Then the next morning he's texting Lena asking her out. Given he's well aware these two are fairly close friends it's... pretty poor form, to say the least.
Python:
                    if holly_guy == 2:
                        ma "{i}She was just curious and asked me to help her have some fun, that's all.{/i}"
I already said that what he did wasn't great. I'm pushing back on the idea that he is as bad as any of Lena's male love interests, let alone Jeremy who over the course of several weeks to months made Louise believe she was dating him and then started sleeping with Alison and pursuing Ivy. That's not to mention the route where he fucks Lena in Louise's bed, after he was explicitly called out for how he was treating Louise, so his normal excuse of "I had no idea she thought we were dating" doesn't work at all.

Mark at worst broke the trust of the fuck buddy arrangement and at best pursued a model that was hitting on him while he was in the talking stage with Holly.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
I'm pushing back on the idea that he is as bad as any of Lena's male love interests
Perhaps we have a simple misunderstanding here: am not saying he's exactly as bad as the others. Instead, i'm reacting to the statement that he's "a far cry from what the other male characters", because imo he isn't very far off from them. A bit better yes, but still a very shitty boyfriend material just the same.

Or, to put it differently, so far Mark hasn't demonstrated a single thing that'd convince me that he's worth dating. Quite the opposite -- he seems Jeremy-level thirsty and very little else.

Last edited:

fatpussy123

May 9, 2020
Perhaps we have a simple misunderstanding here: am not saying he's exactly as bad as the others. Instead, i'm reacting to the statement that he's "a far cry from what the other male characters", because imo he isn't very far off from them. A bit better yes, but still a very shitty boyfriend material just the same.

Or, to put it differently, so far Mark hasn't demonstrated a single thing that'd convince me that he's worth dating. Quite the opposite -- he seems Jeremy-level thirsty and very little else.
You are right, we haven't seen any real good qualities from him, but that's also because we've literally only seen him at the party scene, both in GGGB and ORS, we meet him at the club. In terms of horniness I wouldn't really compare him to Jeremy simply because Jeremy goes out of his way to pursue people no matter what, Mark is way more reactive, he only pursues Holly if he's set up with her, he only pursues Lena if she flirts with him. It's been a while since I played GGGB, but even there I'm pretty sure he reacts to Eva grinding on him first.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
Python:
                    if holly_guy == 2:
Can you really? For me, Mark doesn't text Lena if Holly gives him a blowie. Maybe I'm misremembering stuff.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Python:
                    if holly_guy == 2:
Considering he's referred as guy in the code, I don't think he'll ever become Lena's boyfriend.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Can you really? For me, Mark doesn't text Lena if Holly gives him a blowie. Maybe I'm misremembering stuff.
I think there might be an unintended flag conflict here -- generally, Mark will text Lena if she's flirted with him, or if she's given him a blowjob in the bathroom. If i understand it right, the latter is only possible if Mark doesn't leave with Holly, and Lena only has opportunity to flirt with Mark if Holly is not present, or is dating Ian. As a result, the condition for that particular code excerpt will probably never be met. It doesn't change Mark's behavior that'd occur if it wasn't for this bug, though.

JohnnyKiss

Oct 1, 2017
I think there might be an unintended flag conflict here -- generally, Mark will text Lena if she's flirted with him, or if she's given him a blowjob in the bathroom. If i understand it right, the latter is only possible if Mark doesn't leave with Holly, and Lena only has opportunity to flirt with Mark if Holly is not present, or is dating Ian. As a result, the condition for that particular code excerpt will probably never be met. It doesn't change Mark's behavior that'd occur if it wasn't for this bug, though.
That makes sense because my Lena and Ian are dating and Holy is blowing Mark in the car so Lena never gets that text from Mark.

I guess of the relationships were different then she might get it.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Answering this inevitably leads in an argument of the definition of NTR and how it applies to the various pairings and constellations the game offers.

Here some groundwork for all aspiring NTR experts:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
There is an english version, you fucking weeb :HideThePain:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes