ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Also, the biggest college in Pasadena is Caltech, right?. Sounds more tech oriented than arts.
I don't know about the biggest college, but it was so there's apparently enough art activity in there to take notice and have it stand out in this regard. And if the place has plenty of art classes, then it makes sense for a model to seek work there.

Reactions: Socrambus

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
I don't know about the biggest college, but it was so there's apparently enough art activity in there to take notice and have it stand out in this regard. And if the place has plenty of art classes, then it makes sense for a model to seek work there.
I didn't know that, yes, it makes sense. But Baluart is also referred several times as a "big city" despite all the meeting coincidences happening in the game. Pasadena is around 140k, hardly seems to qualify as a "big city" in the US context.

Football (soccer) is the most international sport though. So it would be to be more relatable to US americans
True, USA is probably the most sought after market in Patreon. The game uses american english and I can't exactly explain why, maybe it's just because of the names of the characters, but the game feels american to me.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
But Baluart is also referred several times as a "big city" despite all the meeting coincidences happening in the game.
Hmm i could swear EK talked at some point that Baluart isn't large, but on a medium/smaller side with art community being its advantage. That's why i picked Pasadena, because it'd be another point to match. But maybe i remembered wrong.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Baluart seems too european to me to compared it to a city of USA.
Also you can tell EK is from Spain/Europe because how much she likes to uses trains in her games:WeSmart:

Reactions: axy2

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
Hmm i could swear EK talked at some point that Baluart isn't large, but on a medium/smaller side with art community being its advantage. That's why i picked Pasadena, because it'd be another point to match. But maybe i remembered wrong.
You might be right, I don't know why I remembered Lena calling it a big city but I guess it's a matter of perspective if you come from a small town. I searched the code and there are more references to being a "not so big", "not the biggest city" and so on. Also it never rains in the game, Pasadena doesn't get a lot of rain either, right?.

Reactions: axy2 and ffive

WatsonJohn

Jul 27, 2020
You might be right, I don't know why I remembered Lena calling it a big city but I guess it's a matter of perspective if you come from a small town. I searched the code and there are more references to being a "not so big", "not the biggest city" and so on. Also it never rains in the game, Pasadena doesn't get a lot of rain either, right?.
We don't see Lena taking a shit either but that doesn't mean she's a reptilian hybrid. Like in GGGB, EK just couldn't be bothered with unrealistic concepts like "rain" be added in the game.

Chemish

Sep 12, 2018
I don’t think this was the inspiration, but Baluart reminds of a number or large east coast US cities in the shadow of NYC that I’ve visited over the years. Walkable enough in city centers, skyrocketing rents, lots of universities, Northeast Corridor train connections, vibrant arts scenes, publishing houses, getting gentrified to hell, lots of hot artsy types.

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
By the way, I was checking out Eva's patreon and I saw her replying to a comment asking how many chapters were left. She said "It's impossible to say at this point, between 16 and 20, but might be more". So it seems the cut from 20 to 16 isn't set in stone and it surprised me that 20 as the limit isn't either. That should make a lot of you worried with the cut to 16 happy, or at least hopeful.

• Wow
Reactions: axy2 and | Vee |

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
By the way, I was checking out Eva's patreon and I saw her replying to a comment asking how many chapters were left. She said "It's impossible to say at this point, between 16 and 20, but might be more". So it seems the cut from 20 to 16 isn't set in stone and it surprised me that 20 as the limit isn't either. That should make a lot of you worried with the cut to 16 happy, or at least hopeful.
Nope, not really. From saying 20 or so to then 16, now back to 16 or 20/possibly more? Yeah, I don't have confidence in EK anymore, given the constant flip/flop/lies she puts out.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Just on whim:unsure:? An estimate can never be this big and raging up and down from one update to another especially if the base story is set in stone(even with changes along the way). First from 20 to 16 than again saying chapters may exceed 20. What is that massive major plot that is carrying this whole novel through this roller-coaster ride. Either the story is not set in stone or EK need time to really think what she wants to do and set things once and for all with changes along the way. THIS IS REALLY A CONCERNING STATEMENT BY EK.

I guess that answers the question why there are so many GGGB and cameo characters are being added into story.

Disappointed but not surprised:

Last edited:

JoJoPool

Nov 19, 2017
Just on whim:unsure:? An estimate can never be this big and raging up and down from one update to another especially if the base story is set in stone(even with changes along the way). First from 20 to 16 than again saying chapters may exceed 20. What is that massive major plot that is carrying this whole novel through this roller-coaster ride. Either the story is not set in stone or EK need time to really think what she wants to do and set things once and for all with changes along the way. THIS IS REALLY A CONCERNING STATEMENT BY EK.

I guess that answers the question why there are so many GGGB and cameo characters are being added into story.

Disappointed but not surprised:
EK's stories were never set in stone to begin with, She herself stated before that she comes up with stuff as she goes

LoneWaker59

May 16, 2020
Guys is there another patreon bloom coming or something cuz Eva went from 2000+ patreons to 8000+ patreons
I have my criticisms about the direction this game's story is taking, but EvaKiss' care for the quality of the material is undeniable. I believe this is one of the only games available here in which your choices REALLY MATTER and change the course of the story considerably.

EvaKiss deserves these numbers, which will rise even higher after the release on Steam.

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes