Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I'm sorry, I don't agree, with Lena even just a chat with Ivy is enough to make her overheat, Lena is part of the game because of her being a slut, it makes no sense otherwise, it doesn't give any meaning to her existence, Ian on the other hand has his own because and even in the loyal way she has her own well-defined history in the relationship with others, Lena on the other hand does not have interactions with many if you play her loyally, if you count how many characters are created to fuck with her or simply like Ward dominate her psychologically, or even her mother herself, you realize the character, Ian in contrast does not let himself be dominated by the Father, or even by Minerva, and with some he defends himself well even with fights, Lena on the other hand is weak, in fact they even wrote him a play where you have the possibility of having her steal the bar's money, if you make comparisons you realize that the actions created for Lena are far nastier than those of Ian, I'm not just talking about sex, we also talk about smoking, drugs, being BSX, Lena he also has the possibility of fucking other women, while there is no Gay path for Ian, this means that the roles are well delineated, one good, the other bad, if you don't make Lena bad, there is no point in the game, this imposes on you the creator, here is the real trick of the Dev.
You ever played a FMC game before? It's kinda the point of the majority of them.

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
"If you don't make Lena bad, there is no point in the game" the point of the game is to enjoy playing it by taking whatever routes you wanna take, yeah there are more Lena slut options than Ian manwhore options but I don't see why that is making you upset, it doesn't affect any of the routes unless you're just interested in chasing scenes in which case just cheat in the gallery at that point

I'm not angry, I just made a comment on the disproportion of the two characters, I read a lot about the loyal Lena factor, and I expressed that a loyal Lena doesn't make sense in the game, because she doesn't show other fun interactions, or reasons to be there, so much so that there are parts and characters created exclusively for Lena, such as the characters Robert and Mike for sex, the lesbian route and the thief route, things that are not implemented with Ian, as well as drugs or cigarettes, all for Lena, ergo , she was created in the story to be the bad person of the two, the one more vulnerable to sexual and character evil. Even the way she breaks relationships with others shows much more coldness and malice, this doesn't happen with Ian, he is always reasonable

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
You ever played a FMC game before? It's kinda the point of the majority of them.

yes, I played, but here the comparison is made with the two characters of the double story, not the single character, I simply implemented that on Lena the corruption path compared to Ian is equal to 99% against 1%, there is no balance , Lena can be a slut, thief, lesbian, dominatrix, Ian doesn't become a thief or Gay, or a master, and he doesn't do drugs with mollies like Lena does, excluding sex, there are other factors created for Lena bad, plus there they are two characters exclusively introduced to fuck Lena, and perhaps even more than the two known ones, for Ian on the other hand the characters are those of the main story, even Cherry herself has her secondary story in the game, her way of existing, Robert and Mike in addition than to fuck Lena, what other use do they have.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
I'm not angry, I just made a comment on the disproportion of the two characters, I read a lot about the loyal Lena factor, and I expressed that a loyal Lena doesn't make sense in the game, because she doesn't show other fun interactions, or reasons to be there, so much so that there are parts and characters created exclusively for Lena, such as the characters Robert and Mike for sex, the lesbian route and the thief route, things that are not implemented with Ian, as well as drugs or cigarettes, all for Lena, ergo , she was created in the story to be the bad person of the two, the one more vulnerable to sexual and character evil. Even the way she breaks relationships with others shows much more coldness and malice, this doesn't happen with Ian, he is always reasonable
Writing is better on Ian's side than on Lena's, that I think we can all agree. But I think you are letting your own double standards regarding male and female behaviour colour your opinions. Firstable Ian can do drugs: weed (twice) and whatever Emma's drug is called. Now let's examine Ian's relationships:
  • Alison: As I see it, Ian never really loves her. And I'm not saying it's necessarily wrong, but I would never casually fuck a girl who is one of my best friends and that I know has real feelings for me. Also, regarding coldness and malice, Ian can be quite a dick to Alison, in fact it's pretty difficult not to be on her path.
  • Cherry: Nothing wrong with having casual sex with someone that doesn't want a serious relationship either. Except she's a friend of your best friend who has a crush on you. Not very nice friend behaviour.
  • Cindy: You go after the girlfriend of one your best friends behind his back. This is worse than anything that Lena can do in her path.
  • Holly: That's cool, nothing to say here.
  • Minerva: She's married, so I would say same thing as Lena with Mike. And her path can be the most unhealthy, hateful and disrespectul one. Plenty of coldness and malice on the hatefuck path, I would say.
  • Emma: Again, personally I would not fuck a friend if there are no serious feelings behind. But it's better than Alison's path at least. Although, Ian can also be quite a dick if he fucks her after telling Perry he would help him with her (which I do, everytime). And also you can get with her in the middle of a date with Alison, quite a dick move.
  • Bad Jess: Incredibly asshole move, almost rapey.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
My first impression of the update, replaying chapter 11 too, is that the writing is worse than most of the previous chapters. Cherry's path is the best part of the update but Alison's part feels just like more of the same without any advancement on the subplot and Cindy's path felt stagnant and lackluster. Cindy is just pure indecision but something is missing, like her being jealous of Ian going with Lena to the beach house for example. It's not easy for me to explain it clearly (specially using english), but it just didn't feel right to me.
Couldn't have said it better.

...The tournament also felt like totally disconnected from the plot. The execution of the fighting was not bad, although maybe a bit overly complicated and I'm not sure if very realistic. But the main issue for me is that there is absolutely not plot advancement in it. The only relevant part for the story is the conversation with Jeremy afterwards that could have happened anyway without the tournament.
Tournament before fix was worse bcz of bugs(2 i encountered) and randomizing scene of didn't help with it but now it's better.

There's also a missing scene that I was expecting of Ian with his friends in the bar. I think Emma tells Lena they are going to get together but Lena can't go because she has to work (chapter 11 epilogue). I was hoping for some action with Emma there, but that is just skipped on Ian's POV and the update starts a week later.
I was surprised too, no scooby gang meetup:confused:.

...IMO in a situation like that the only right option is trusting your partner. You either trust her and Axel and other temptations doesn't matter or you don't, and if you don't trust your partner why are you with them at all?...
And yes you're correct about Cindy too but issue is Cindy is in no commitment with Ian. As of NOW it is just a fling and temptations of having a better partner than Wade. That's why "THE TALK" with Cindy(depending on the route) was important for moving plot forward. Could've been handed well or merge this talk with the sex scene from CH11 or something like that. Nonetheless, this is what there relation will be based upon.

Reactions: Kian@

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Writing is better on Ian's side than on Lena's, that I think we can all agree. But I think you are letting your own double standards regarding male and female behaviour colour your opinions. Firstable Ian can do drugs: weed (twice) and whatever Emma's drug is called. Now let's examine Ian's relationships:
  • Alison: As I see it, Ian never really loves her. And I'm not saying it's necessarily wrong, but I would never casually fuck a girl who is one of my best friends and that I know has real feelings for me. Also, regarding coldness and malice, Ian can be quite a dick to Alison, in fact it's pretty difficult not to be on her path.
  • Cherry: Nothing wrong with having casual sex with someone that doesn't want a serious relationship either. Except she's a friend of your best friend who has a crush on you. Not very nice friend behaviour.
  • Cindy: You go after the girlfriend of one your best friends behind his back. This is worse than anything that Lena can do in her path.
  • Minerva: She's married, so I would say same thing as Lena with Mike. And her path can be the most unhealthy, hateful and disrespectul one. Plenty of coldness and malice on the hatefuck path, I would say.
  • Emma: Again, personally I would not fuck a friend if there are no serious feelings behind. But it's better than Alison's path at least. Although, Ian can also be quite a dick if he fucks her after telling Perry he would help him with her (which I do, everytime). And also you can get with her in the middle of a date with Alison, quite a dick move.
Again agreed, Only Lena, Holly and Ivy path (if) are morally correct as you don't fuck a friend, of friend's chick or rapey-ish(Bad Jess) as none of these are in relationship.

Bad Jess is gf of Dave, right?

Reactions: Sethmsf

camube

Jun 4, 2022
can i ask you how to be able to read the scripts? what software should i use to open whatever file i need?

i want to see Chad Ian dialogues variation without having to replay only for Chad Ian dialogue variation and re-read everything

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
can i ask you how to be able to read the scripts? what software should i use to open whatever file i need?

i want to see Chad Ian dialogues variation without having to replay only for Chad Ian dialogue variation and re-read everything
rpy files can be opened in Notepad++.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The tournament also felt like totally disconnected from the plot. The execution of the fighting was not bad, although maybe a bit overly complicated and I'm not sure if very realistic. But the main issue for me is that there is absolutely not plot advancement in it.
The update ends pretty much right after this first round of the tournament, so am not sure why this is an issue. I mean, there simply isn't any opportunity for this event to show any aftereffects yet.

I have also no idea why you feel it's disconnected from the plot when the preparations for it were ongoing for some 10 chapters straight.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019

I use this , just drag and drop scripts.rpa file (it's on the ..\OurRedString-v12.1_ALPHA-pc\game folder) .

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Ian is the good counterpart, the classic good guy, he a word for everyone and listens to everyone
Ian: cheats on his girlfriend, fucks his friend's girlfriend behind the friend's back, fucks his boss at work behind her husband's back, gets in physical fight at public event, insults and belittles his roommate and fucks the girl he knows the roommate has hots for.

Yup, a classic good guy and totally not a slut.

yuvce

Dec 8, 2020
Ian: cheats on his girlfriend, fucks his friend's girlfriend behind the friend's back, fucks his boss at work behind her husband's back, gets in physical fight at public event, insults and belittles his roommate and fucks the girl he knows the roommate has hots for.
And can also encourage the guy his roommate hates the most to fuck said girl. Ian can be a scumbag if you play him as such. The double standards shown between Ian and Lena are ridiculous.

Socrambus

Oct 28, 2019
Again agreed, Only Lena, Holly and Ivy path (if) are morally correct as you don't fuck a friend, of friend's chick or rapey-ish(Bad Jess) as none of these are in relationship.

Bad Jess is gf of Dave, right?
I think Bad Jess is single, Dave is Good Jess' bf if Lena is on Seymour's path.

The update ends pretty much right after this first round of the tournament, so am not sure why this is an issue. I mean, there simply isn't any opportunity for this event to show any aftereffects yet.

I have also no idea why you feel it's disconnected from the plot when the preparations for it were ongoing for some 10 chapters straight.
The thing is that if you choose not to participate on the tournament, nothing really changes except for Ian not fighting. I was expecting something than made the fight more personal for Ian, like fighting against a not completely random dude or someone relevant to Ian's story on the audience.

Reactions: ffive

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022

Yup, a classic good guy and totally not a slut.

Ian: TRUST ME! I'm a good guy

Sethmsf

Sep 23, 2022
I think Bad Jess is single, Dave is Good Jess' bf if Lena is on Seymour's path.

The thing is that if you choose not to participate on the tournament, nothing really changes except for Ian not fighting. I was expecting something than made the fight more personal for Ian, like fighting against a not completely random dude or someone relevant to Ian's story on the audience.
You are right about the latter, but it is the first fight of the first round, it is normal that if you have to meet someone you know, it should be a little later so as not to waste that resource at the beginning

Reactions: ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Well, if you choose for Ian to fight, he can potentially gain a will point and gain a solid dose of self-confidence. Having a fight against someone who's already part of the cast would feel too silly for me (jokes about Superstan notwithstanding). But again, i'd expect any actual differences between choosing to fight or not to only appear down the road. This is more an "issue" with updates being now shorter than full chapter.

Btw, there's a small difference if you choose to fight already -- Lena will wish Ian luck in the text she sends him before the fight /s (but the text part is currently bugged and you only get them if Ian is flat-out broke)

Reactions: Socrambus
4.60 star(s) 314 Votes