Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
He doesn't demand to have sex with her, in order to speak up. He tells her he'll do that, before anything happens between the two of them. The fact that you seem to believe that, demonstrates to me that you don't like Robert as character, and that's making you attribute stuff to him that never happened. You really should go back and play the content again.

He makes moves on her, because he fancies her. How else is he supposed to ask her out? You act like that's something obscene?

You say common decency. But there has to be a reason, why he should favour her over the other woman, who has worked there longer. If they have no connection, why would he do that?
Is this Evakiss alt account or something?:KEK:
What you think about Stan and Seymour,Zara?

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
He doesn't demand to have sex with her, in order to speak up. He tells her he'll do that, before anything happens between the two of them. The fact that you seem to believe that, demonstrates to me that you don't like Robert as character, and that's making you attribute stuff to him that never happened.
No, what happens to make me believe it is the fact if Lena rejects his advances which he initiates afterwards he doesn't put the word in for her like he said he would. His demand is carried through his actions and the consequences, not his words.

"I'll do you a favor" followed by getting handsy has clear implications to any adult who's worked with shit bosses. Why are we even pretending to be clueless about the nature of the deal here?

He makes moves on her, because he fancies her. How else is he supposed to ask her out? You act like that's something obscene?
How else was he supposed to ask her out? Maybe without making it a condition to tell her what he claimed was important information regarding her work? I'm acting like it was a sleazy piece of blackmail, because it was.

You say common decency. But there has to be a reason, why he should favour her over the other woman, who has worked there longer.
You are now inventing something that's not there (or reverting the timeline) It's not a matter of choosing between Lena and another woman when Lena and Robert spoke. Lena's contract was supposed to be reduced/cut due to the mess caused by Axel:
Python:
    r "It seems Samantha overheard the chef and the staff chief talking the other day."
    l "About what?"
    r "About you."
    l "About me? Why?"
    r "Well, Friday's incident made quite a ruckus. People are talking about it..."
    l "Oh, God..."
    r "And the chief wasn't too thrilled about what happened on Thursday's service when they had to send you home early."
    l "But that wasn't my fault! None of it was..."
    r "Of course not, but I guess they're not too pleased with your personal life interfering with work..."
At no point it is claimed that it's supposed to be some sort of a choice between two workers. The "other worker" only pops up later as excuse why Lena had to be let go.

Also, as for why he should put the word in for Lena instead of the other worker -- maybe simply on professional level, because Lena is the best waitress they have, according to Robert himself?

Last edited:

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
I can assure you, I'm not generally trying to portray Ian as evil. I love Ian as a character, as much as I love Lena, Cindy, Emma, Alison, Ivy, Holly and Jessica. But Cindy is his dark side moment, just as it's possibly his most passionate moment in the whole game. In that moment, he becomes everything that he despises, to pursue Cindy. He's doing exactly the same thing, that his previous girlfriend did to him. That's portrayed by everybody who knows Ian, as an evil act. So is Ian being any less evil himself?...
Whether you intentionally tried or not, your posts clearly imply that to which I replied with facts. I never mentioned even a SINGLE time that Ian is less evil than Jeremy or vice versa. Only thing on which IMO they differ is the extent of damage done to relationship.

...But you're wrong about Jeremy. By having sex with Lena, he ultimately doesn't cause any damage at all. Because that's the moment, that Lena decides her and Ian have no future. When they have the talk, Lena says she doesn't want to be his girlfriend. So I'm not sure why you're suggesting they're in a relationship? As soon as Lena decides to have sex with Jeremy, she knows she can't have a relationship with Ian.

They only have a future, if Lena and Jeremy don't have sex. By the time it happens, it's already gone.
If Lena doesn't have sex with Jeremy she can get in relationship with Ian so how can you say that Jeremy is NOT the reason of Lena not going for relationship with Ian:WaitWhat:. IF JEREMY HAS SEX WITH LENA SHE WILL NOT GO FOR A RELATIONSHIP WITH IAN. So by that logic, ultimately Jeremy IS the reason. What are you even you even trying to say here? Jeremy is clearly the reason.

varpep

Feb 22, 2020
He doesn't demand to have sex with her, in order to speak up. He tells her he'll do that, before anything happens between the two of them. The fact that you seem to believe that, demonstrates to me that you don't like Robert as character, and that's making you attribute stuff to him that never happened. You really should go back and play the content again.

You say common decency. But there has to be a reason, why he should favour her over the other woman, who has worked there longer. If they have no connection, why would he do that?
I've never liked Robert since I've been playing this game. I never could articulate why. At first I thought it was because he was the first romantic rival we were introduced to. But I don't have the same issue with the other male characters. As insufferable Axel is, I don't dislike him. Mike is a cheating bastard yet I don't dislike him. Jeremy despite his playboy persona I can tolerate and he even has some redeeming qualities.

I think I finally figured out why I don't like him. Apart from the looks department (which is purely subjective), he's not really got much going on for him. He is incredibly shallow and has a terrible attitude. On top of that, he is also a massive A-hole. Every interaction that is not between him and Lena, he automatically cocks up. The first time playing as Ian I managed to placate him. The second time he shows up at Lena's art exhibition completely sober, he immediately mocks Perry's stutter. It has nothing to do with drink, he is just naturally unlikable which doesn't make him a bad person of course but the point still stands.

As for promising to help Lena out and not fulfilling his end of the bargain If Lena does not sleep with him just shows how shallow he is (Majority of the male cast are shallow as well so just not a knock on Robert). He offered to do it just so he could get some pussy in return, not from the kindness of his heart. Sure he didn't blackmail Lena but he is using his position of authority to lure Lena into sleeping with him. Sure he might not be obligated to speak on behalf of Lena, but the fact he didn't keep his promise doesn't do much good for portraying his character.

In other words, FUCK Robert!(n):poop::mad:

yuvce

Dec 8, 2020

Her contract doesn't get renewed if she refuses to fuck him, even if she lets him down gently. Robert is an entitled douche who thinks the girl he likes owes him sex just cause he's "nice to her". These sort of men are a dime a dozen.

Last edited:

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
With Robert it was plainly stated that Eva makes him as bad and pathetic as possible. He is always put in a bad light and has the worst luck. I find it overbearing how much of a joke he is. He gets all possible negative traits of a pathetic partner because its soo funny every time Lena disses him. Could've been way subtler.

I like the angle of a relatively decent guy Lena can casualy date. He is well dressed, has a stable job (compare that with all the other losers in this game) and a active social live without much drama. Ultimately, Eva went for the Doug approach and made him and Lena incompatible, they don't have much to say to each other.
Another issue is the amount of quantive content he is given for someone designed to be a joke. If he is that much of a nothing character without potential, why is given the chance to get Holly? Probably we get an extremely awkward date and we can laugh about how much Robert failed.

Dunno, maybe Eva met someone like him and puts of all of her aggressions by constantly mocking him? He is pretty much the exact opposite of that perfect dream boyfriend, the perfect cringy sulky date.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Dunno, maybe Eva met someone like him and puts of all of her aggressions by constantly mocking him? He is pretty much the exact opposite of that perfect dream boyfriend, the perfect cringy sulky date.
The twist: it's EK's self-depreciating self-insert. :sneaky:

(i kid, i kid)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: tbs9090

Krysis_here

Apr 19, 2023
I hate the character as well. Robert's Character first appears during the Pool Night ( Chapter 1 - Part 2 ) in the ending he is a Pathetic man, He was Beaten badly and the mood is off, Perry seems drunken, and When I keep Ian not drunken. Ian told him sorry three times and he seemed so much Shallow personality and full of himself that he wanted to fight over Perry and Ian, Even at that time He was also looking Drunken :ROFLMAO:, he had a self-centered personality and he is made a Pathetic hating character...Nope, Robert is on my hating list from the start ;) rest of the other fellow members stated :giggle:

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
EK should make a spin-off sitcom like VN and call it "Everybody Hates Robert" and base it loosely on ORS and Everybody Loves Raymond.

• Haha
Reactions: ffive

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
I think the most hard done to person in this game is Robert. He's nowhere near as bad, as a lot of people make him out to be. He genuinely wants to be Lena's boyfriend, and he pretty much worships the ground she walks on. He just has this one issue with Perry early on, which Ian takes exception to. But to be fair, Perry often does some pretty daft stuff, and was just as drunk as Robert was at the time, and equally at fault. People who are drunk often do daft things, but it doesn't make them into bad people. Plus that was a pretty bad evening for Robert, having just been beaten up by Axel, after he defended Lena.

Ian totally overreacts and literally labels Robert as scum, on the basis of one poor drunken decision.
I don't really care about how Robert relates to Perry or Ian, I don't play Lena as having an interest in either of them either, but when you don't play to Robert's tune 100% the dude threatens Lena's job. That is not just creepy, corrupt and pathetic, it's simply just a turn off when you aren't that into non or dub-con.

Any chance Robert had with Lena for me went away right then.

Last edited:

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
I think the most hard done to person in this game is Robert. He's nowhere near as bad, as a lot of people make him out to be. He genuinely wants to be Lena's boyfriend, and he pretty much worships the ground she walks on. He just has this one issue with Perry early on, which Ian takes exception to. But to be fair, Perry often does some pretty daft stuff, and was just as drunk as Robert was at the time, and equally at fault. People who are drunk often do daft things, but it doesn't make them into bad people. Plus that was a pretty bad evening for Robert, having just been beaten up by Axel, after he defended Lena.

Ian totally overreacts and literally labels Robert as scum, on the basis of one poor drunken decision.
Being drunk doesn't make you daft, just shines light on your inner you.
Mocking stuttering people for their stutter is like mocking a blind guy for being blind, it's very meh.. And he did it again on the live drawing event without being drunk so it's no excuse.
Shitty people are just shitty people, that's about it.

Reactions: SearingFive

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
why is given the chance to get Holly? Probably we get an extremely awkward date and we can laugh about how much Robert failed.
While the second half of your statement is going to be 110% true, and we'll all continue to joke about how much of a loser Robert is.

To answer your question: it's to show how much Holly has "grown" under Ivy and Lena's tutorship. Robert is kind of like the ultimate casual fuck in this game. "I don't have anyone better to fuck right now, so I guess I'll fuck Robert" - Lena 90% of the time she is with Robert. So Holly having sex with him is to illustrate her growing sexuality AND that Lena and Ivy might not exactly have her best interests at heart since they know they're pairing her with a complete loser.

Ilcoriglianese forte

Sep 7, 2023
They don't actually have to fail. That only happens if you let them.

the game demands it if you want to have a wide choice of options, or you find yourself with a neutered game, so it's wider if the couple doesn't exist or if they conflict, I noticed that a world of scenes open up, if the dev had it wanted to focus on them as a path, he wouldn't have left much margin for error, a simple mistake is enough for Lena to become a slut.

yuvce

Dec 8, 2020
Another point about Robert. Even if Lena fucks him once just to keep her restaurant job, Seymour rescinds her contract later in the game anyway. Making Robert's path all the more pointless. He exists only for the player to bully him as much as possible. I reveled in calling Marcel to kick him out of the club.

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
With Robert it was plainly stated that Eva makes him as bad and pathetic as possible. He is always put in a bad light and has the worst luck. I find it overbearing how much of a joke he is. He gets all possible negative traits of a pathetic partner because its soo funny every time Lena disses him. Could've been way subtler.

I like the angle of a relatively decent guy Lena can casualy date. He is well dressed, has a stable job (compare that with all the other losers in this game) and a active social live without much drama. Ultimately, Eva went for the Doug approach and made him and Lena incompatible, they don't have much to say to each other.
Another issue is the amount of quantive content he is given for someone designed to be a joke. If he is that much of a nothing character without potential, why is given the chance to get Holly? Probably we get an extremely awkward date and we can laugh about how much Robert failed.

Your expresion while typing this
SEETHING.PNG

Blurpee69

Jan 7, 2023
the game demands it if you want to have a wide choice of options, or you find yourself with a neutered game, so it's wider if the couple doesn't exist or if they conflict, I noticed that a world of scenes open up, if the dev had it wanted to focus on them as a path, he wouldn't have left much margin for error, a simple mistake is enough for Lena to become a slut.
The game doesn't demand anything. EK goes out of the way to add decent loving routes as well as darker sluttier routes to ORS and GGGB. Personally, my favorite endings in GGGB are almost all the "good" endings, with Ash / Eva / Jess / Jack / Iris all being better off from where they started.

Do I have a bunch of variants of Chad Ian Slut Lena? Damn right I do, But so far my favorite path in ORS is a loving Ian / Allison, Lena / Holly encouraging Holly to be more confident while not letting Ivy influence her too much, pairing Emma and Perry, and trying to save Cindy / Wade.

Last edited:
Reactions: SearingFive
4.60 star(s) 316 Votes