ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
EK should make a spin-off sitcom like VN and call it "Everybody Hates Robert" and base it loosely on ORS and Everybody Loves Raymond.
Also, "There's Nothing About Robert", a spin on "There's Something About Mary", coming this Summer to theatres near you. :whistle:

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
No, what happens to make me believe it is the fact if Lena rejects his advances which he initiates afterwards he doesn't put the word in for her like he said he would. His demand is carried through his actions and the consequences, not his words.

"I'll do you a favor" followed by getting handsy has clear implications to any adult who's worked with shit bosses. Why are we even pretending to be clueless about the nature of the deal here?

How else was he supposed to ask her out? Maybe without making it a condition to tell her what he claimed was important information regarding her work? I'm acting like it was a sleazy piece of blackmail, because it was.

You are now inventing something that's not there (or reverting the timeline) It's not a matter of choosing between Lena and another woman when Lena and Robert spoke. Lena's contract was supposed to be reduced/cut due to the mess caused by Axel:
Python:
    r "It seems Samantha overheard the chef and the staff chief talking the other day."
    l "About what?"
    r "About you."
    l "About me? Why?"
    r "Well, Friday's incident made quite a ruckus. People are talking about it..."
    l "Oh, God..."
    r "And the chief wasn't too thrilled about what happened on Thursday's service when they had to send you home early."
    l "But that wasn't my fault! None of it was..."
    r "Of course not, but I guess they're not too pleased with your personal life interfering with work..."
At no point it is claimed that it's supposed to be some sort of a choice between two workers. The "other worker" only pops up later as excuse why Lena had to be let go.

Also, as for why he should put the word in for Lena instead of the other worker -- maybe simply on professional level, because Lena is the best waitress they have, according to Robert himself?
Lena ultimately working at the restaurant, has nothing to do with Robert. Seymour decides he doesn't want her working there, after their meeting in Chapter 3. And it's after that, that her hours are reduced. Plus Seymour is actually having a meeting with Axel, when the first incident occurs, because we actually see him stood right next to Axel, before him and Lena start arguing. Isn't it just as likely that Seymour is behind it all from the beginning? Robert is just relaying something someone else overheard. So we don't know for certain who is really behind it, we're relying on some gossip that Robert has been told about.

Even if Lena knows Robert did put in a word for her, she still has her hours reduced. That's almost certainly Seymour trying to get her to leave. When she doesn't, he expresses his surprise that she's still there, and shortly after that she gets sacked. Robert even says at the time, he can't understand why they're reducing staff numbers, because they're short-staffed as it is. The clear implication, is that it's Seymour attempting to persuade Lena to go. But he wants her to choose to go, so that she can ultimately become reliant on the income he provides.

You say Robert doesn't put in a word for Lena, if they don't have sex. But how do you know that's the case, instead of Seymour overruling him, and deciding to get rid of Lena early? That could just as easily have happened, because Lena just assumes he didn't, being totally unaware at that point, that Seymour is actively trying to sabotage her earnings.

The scene you mention above has no relation to her contract being cut, that comes later, after Lena's meeting at the restaurant with Seymour, in Chapter 3. During the meeting, Seymour expresses surprise, that a girl like her is working as a mere waitress. The implication is, she should leave if she wants to be his model. From that moment on, it's Seymour and nobody else who is trying to get her out of the restaurant. Regardless of whether Robert puts in a word for her, she has no chance of keeping that job. And since nothing is related, beyond Lena's supposition, it's impossible to know either way.

You also say her going out with him, was a condition of him telling her important information about work, and that is your basis for him blackmailing her. Well since he didn't bring it up, till they were already on their date, that's obviously not the case is it? She goes out drinking with him to Shine, because she feels she owes him, for standing up for her, when Axel confronted them on the street. And Robert got beaten up. It has absolutely nothing to do, with anything remotely sleazy, as you seem to believe.

If she doesn't offer to take him out for drinks, which is pretty inconsiderate considering he got beaten up, trying to protect her. Then he brings up about the important information he needs to tell. But him saying, work is not the appropriate place to tell her, is completely reasonable, bearing in mind it's information he isn't supposed to know about. It's safe to assume the staff chief and the chef did not intend any of the other staff to hear their conversation. Robert is just being cautious by wanting to tell Lena outside the workplace. There's no reason to suspect as he has some devious motive, as you try to make out.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. Robert doesn't try to blackmail her. She either offers herself to take him out for drinks, because she wants to repay him for standing up to Axel. In which case, Robert only brings up the important information, after they've been chatting and flirting for a while. If Lena asks him out for drinks herself, it makes no sense that she would respond negatively to him, if he didn't give her any cause. Which means at the very least they would have had an amicable evening. And therefore it's not beyond the realms of possibility, to assume that Robert believed that the 'date' was going well, and that he was justified in believing that Lena might respond positively to an attempted kiss. If he got it wrong, well he wouldn't be the first guy to do that. It doesn't make him a bastard, it just makes him mistaken. Nothing more.

And if it goes the other way. Well a case could be made, that Lena isn't behaving very well, by taking Robert for granted. He risked getting seriously injured, and might expect at least some gratitude from her. Even if she doesn't like Robert, and she gives no indication prior to this, that that's the case, you would still expect her to make some kind of gesture as recompense. And if she doesn't, she's being pretty ignorant. So personally, the choice where she doesn't offer to go out for drinks, makes no sense whatsoever. From my perspective, that has to happen, because that's what Lena would do. So she does go out for drinks with him, and the other choice where she doesn't is irrelevant, because the real Lena would never do that

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Lena ultimately working at the restaurant, has nothing to do with Robert.
Whether Lena gets her hours reduced or is let go has everything to do with Robert. It literally hinges on how the interactions between them play out:
Python:
    r "Lena, I have to talk to you..."
    if v2_robert_home or lena_robert_sex_late:
        l "You have news about my job situation?"
        r "Yes, we just had the meeting."
        l "So?"
        r "Well, there's good news and bad news."
        l "Bad news?"
        r "The good news is that they won't fire you."
// ...
    else:
//...
        r "Your contract is not being renewed. We're gonna let you go at the end of the month."
That's also how i know Robert doesn't put in a word for Lena, if they don't have sex. Because the outcome is different based on whether they do or not.

You also say her going out with him, was a condition of him telling her important information about work, and that is your basis for him blackmailing her. Well since he didn't bring it up, till they were already on their date, that's obviously not the case is it?
Robert explicitly brings it up before the "date" if Lena refuses his initial request. And he explicitly denies telling her until she agrees to go with him, if she asks him to tell her about it. That scenario is effectively a blackmail on Robert's part, if Lena isn't open to his advances from the get-go.

Simply put, Robert shows his scummy nature if he doesn't get things his way. That he doesn't reveal it if he does get things his way doesn't make him any less of a scum.

(he's similar to Seymour in this regard, in that Seymour will also appear pleasant and charming if Lena doesn't oppose him, but he won't hesitate to control and mess up her life to get what he wants from her the moment she does oppose him)

If she doesn't offer to take him out for drinks, which is pretty inconsiderate considering he got beaten up, trying to protect her.
This is literally the "'nice guy' thinks girl owes him [sex] for him being nice" mindset and the kind of thing people shit on Robert for. No, Lena isn't inconsiderate not wanting to go with Robert's sleazy request, no matter how he's acted before. And his request isn't any less sleazy due to it, if anything, that makes it even more of a turn off.

Last edited:

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Does Lena get less salary (money points) if she shuts down Robert? If yes, then she was using Robert for money/employment and he used this to his advantage.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Ha! Noob! I've unalived Quadrillions of peasants across all game I've played and terrorized countless numbers of ant colonies in real life while still in the early years of my infancy! Get on my level!

PS. Cheating blows
Well I started late. I'm sure you've been doing it longer than me. I could just as easily have said thousands, and it would have made no difference to the point I was trying to make.

In any case, I've since discovered adult games, and I spend too much time making comments on this site, to bother with MMMOs anymore.

Let's see though. You've made 159 comments in almost 4 years, whereas I've made over 1400 in less than half that time. So who's the noob between us here?

• Haha
Reactions: SearingFive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Does Lena get less salary (money points) if she shuts down Robert? If yes, then she was using Robert for money/employment and he used this to his advantage.
If Lena shuts down Robert she's let go from the work. If she goes along with his sexual advances she gets to keep (part of) her job for a while longer. She doesn't get paid less/more before it happens, until that point she's repeatedly turned down his attempts to ask her out:
Python:
                    l "Sorry, Robert, but I'll pass."
                    r "Why?"
                    l "For the same reason, I've passed all the other times you proposed the same thing."

Last edited:
Reactions: | Vee |

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
Whether Lena gets her hours reduced or is let go has everything to do with Robert. It literally hinges on how the interactions between them play out:
Python:
    r "Lena, I have to talk to you..."
    if v2_robert_home or lena_robert_sex_late:
        l "You have news about my job situation?"
        r "Yes, we just had the meeting."
        l "So?"
        r "Well, there's good news and bad news."
        l "Bad news?"
        r "The good news is that they won't fire you."
// ...
    else:
//...
        r "Your contract is not being renewed. We're gonna let you go at the end of the month."
That's also how i know Robert doesn't put in a word for Lena, if they don't have sex. Because the outcome is different based on whether they do or not.

Robert explicitly brings it up before the "date" if Lena refuses his initial request. And he explicitly denies telling her until she agrees to go with him, if she asks him to tell her about it. That scenario is effectively a blackmail on Robert's part, if Lena isn't open to his advances from the get-go.

Simply put, Robert shows his scummy nature if he doesn't get things his way. That he doesn't reveal it if he does get things his way doesn't make him any less of a scum.

This is literally the "'nice guy' thinks girl owes him [sex] for him being nice" mindset and the kind of thing people shit on Robert for. No, Lena isn't inconsiderate not wanting to go with Robert's sleazy request, no matter how he's acted before. And his request isn't any less sleazy due to it, if anything, that makes it even more of a turn off.
Lena deals with Robert. At that stage she's not supposed to know that or the players for that matter, that Seynour is pulling all the strings. Are you saying he isn't responsible for reducing her hours? If Lena rejects Seymour's offer, he lets her know that he was behind everything. Because he wants her to know the power he can exert over her life. We might have learnt about it through her interactions with Robert, but he wasn't responsible for it. That's all Seymour. It doesn't matter whether there are two completely different outcomes, because Robert is not behind either of them. That's Seymour. The only part that Robert plays is determining which of the outcomes you get, depending on how your interaction with him played out. One leads to Lena getting sacked much sooner, and one later. But the outcome is ultimately the same. Whether Robert says something or he doesn't makes no difference. Because Seymour always wanted her out of that job. We're led to believe that it's down to Robert, because we're not supposed to know until later, that it was actually down to Seymour. So obviously it doesn't say that in the text, since that would have given the game away

You say she only goes with him, because he says that's the only way he'll tell her the important information, and that's demonstration in your mind of him blackmailing her. So what about the bit where he gives her a perfectly reasonable explaination why he can't reveal that information in the workplace. Because he's not supposed to even know about it. Oh yeah guys, I deliberately spied on you, so I could overhear confidential information, and then I told everyone else about it. You can imagine how well that would go down, with the staff chief? Lena wouldn't be the only one looking for a new job. Robert is just being cautious. I don't see anything unreasonable about that. Are you saying that's an impossible scenario? And maybe, just maybe, there's a possibility you might have misconstrued what that actually meant?

I think you don't like Robert as a character, and you're determined to see him in a negative light. And that's what you're seeing. Yes, Robert has his faults. He gets the wrong end of the stick about Lena, and too easily believes that she likes him. And what he wants, she wants as well. Really, he just gets a bit carried away. Sometimes he can behave arrogantly, and he's got a bit of a short fuse. But these things don't make him a bad person, they just make him a bit of an idiot. You could make similar accusations against Perry and Wade who also make a lot of daft decisions during the game. But I bet you don't respond so negatively to them?

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
If Lena shuts down Robert she's let go from the work. If she goes along with his sexual advances she gets to keep (part of) her job for a while longer. She doesn't get paid less/more before it happens, until that point she's repeatedly turned down his attempts to ask her out:
Python:
                    l "Sorry, Robert, but I'll pass."
                    r "Why?"
                    l "For the same reason, I've passed all the other times you proposed the same thing."
That wasn't anything particularly to do with Robert. She doesn't want to go out with anybody before that. Because she's still wary because of what happened with Axel. The fact is, Robert is the first person she dates. And you can make all kinds of claims about Robert blackmailing her. But isn't it strange that she never views it that way? I mean after all, she's only the person it's supposedly happening to. I suppose next, you're going to claim that Robert has her brainwashed, so she just can't see it, the way you can? Robert is such a smart guy, that he manages to pull the wool so effectively over Lena's eyes, that she never gets it?

So you point out in the game, where Lena mentions that Robert is attempting to blackmail her, and I'll believe you.

| Vee |

Jun 2, 2022
Cindy is based on Nancy Ace(pretty much all her dimension's match) and by yuvce's post Wade looks like is based on Freddie Prinze Jr.

Reactions: yuvce and A360
Oct 10, 2022
Cindy has always made me think of Nancy Ace. I presumed she was based on her.

View attachment 3244775 View attachment 3244789
There is a gif of a girl around here in this thread that she is completely naked but first thing you look at is her face. I am not sure that one is Nancy Ace but she was identical to Cindy. Whoever she was I think she is the one.

Reactions: tbs9090 and A360

SearingFive

Mar 26, 2020
For my playthrough dealing with Robert is neutral. I entertain him by going on the date and turning down his advances. Bro is not getting laid just on a first date. ;) He can throw a hissy fit; as if that matters. How delusional can Robert be; just because he took a punch, made him have a VIP pass for Lena's Hoohah? Reeks of desperation to be honest. He can go to the corner of a room with Stan and beat each other meats, while Lena makes her Stalkfap content with Ian/Mike in the same room.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Whether Robert says something or he doesn't makes no difference.
The point was you wanted a proof that Robert's actions depend on whether Lena sleeps with him or not. And it's right there, in the game script. He also has, evidently, some degree of impact on how long Lena keeps her job. It does make a difference whether Lena gets to work for a while longer or not, as a result of Robert's action or lack thereof. At least in the discussed context of Robert having impact on Lena's ability to keep working (if for a few weeks longer) at the restaurant.

So what about the bit where he gives her a perfectly reasonable explaination why he can't reveal that information in the workplace.
You might view it as perfectly reasonable, i view it as bullshit excuse. "Samantha overheard the chief of staff isn't pleased with the trouble you've caused" isn't some sort of state secret, and no one would give two shits about such reveal. Robert isn't being cautious, he's just withholding the info to get Lena where he wants -- to the bar where he then tries to get her drunk instead of actually tell her the thing he was oh-so-cautious not to reveal at work.

I think you don't like Robert as a character, and you're determined to see him in a negative light.
I don't like Robert based on him demonstrating himself to be a shit character who tries to pressure Lena into something she has repeatedly told him she isn't interested in, and on his displayed attitude of the "nice guy" who is in reality anything but. Neither Perry nor Wade act in the manner Robert does, so i definitely disagree these three are somehow on the same level. Perry is clueless and socially stunted, and Wade is lazy af (potentially depressed, idk) while Robert is genuine creep.

Last edited:

Leongen43

Forum Fanatic
Dec 4, 2022
For my playthrough dealing with Robert is neutral. I entertain him by going on the date and turning down his advances. Bro is not getting laid just on a first date. ;) He can throw a hissy fit; as if that matters. How delusional can Robert be; just because he took a punch, made him have a VIP pass for Lena's Hoohah? Reeks of desperation to be honest. He can go to the corner of a room with Stan and beat each other meats, while Lena makes her Stalkfap content with Ian/Mike in the same room.
I understand, so while Lena is having a threesome with Ian and Mike (I'd like to see), Stan and Robert would be in the corner crying tears of cum from sadness and abstinence? :unsure: :unsure:

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
The point was you wanted a proof that Robert's actions depend on whether Lena sleeps with him or not. And it's right there, in the game script. He also has, evidently, some degree of impact on how long Lena keeps her job. It does make a difference whether Lena gets to work for a while longer or not, as a result of Robert's action or lack thereof. At least in the discussed context of Robert having impact on Lena's ability to keep working (if for a few weeks longer) at the restaurant.

You might view it as perfectly reasonable, i view it as bullshit excuse. "Samantha overheard the chief of staff isn't pleased with the trouble you've caused" isn't some sort of state secret, and no one would give two shits about such reveal. Robert isn't being cautious, he's just withholding the info to get Lena where he wants -- to the bar where he then tries to get her drunk instead of actually tell her the thing he was oh-so-cautious not to reveal at work.

I don't like Robert based on him demonstrating himself to be a shit character who tries to pressure Lena into something she has repeatedly told him she isn't interested in, and on his displayed attitude of the "nice guy" who is in reality anything but. Neither Perry nor Wade act in the manner Robert does, so i definitely disagree these three are somehow on the same level. Perry is clueless and socially stunted, and Wade is lazy af (potentially depressed, idk) while Robert is genuine creep.
You say that the proof is there, But where does Lena say in the game that she's being blackmailed by Robert? Never mind say it, where does she even hint it? After all she's the person you're claiming Robert is attempting to blackmail. Wouldn't she be making a big deal about that? Somewhere?

Lena is an intelligent girl. Much more intelligent than Robert is. There's no way he could do that, without her realising it?
Now we may have gone all around the houses, discussing all the hypothetical reasoning behind your belief that Robert is a scumbag, because he effectively blackmails Lena, or at least attempts to, to get her on a date and hopefully into bed. But what it all boils down to, is where is the real evidence? When does Lena say that he was blackmailing her, to take advantage of her, as you claim? Where does she even give the briefest indication, that that's what she believed Robert was doing?

4.60 star(s) 316 Votes