BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but if you mean that Mike's content should be available only if Lena had fucked Robert before, then I think that's a Small Chungus unwholesome 100 idea, my dude. I was actually very happy that Lena now has an option for getting casual sex that does not require dealing with Robert The Cringelord.
Let me clarify what I mean. I like Mike's character. He's a very nice addition, and it was about time he was introduced to the cast of characters, particularly because the game lacked decent (or decent enough) male characters.

However. My criticism was not aimed specifically at Mike or what he can offer to Lena. My criticism was aimed at Lena's behavior around him in this update, or rather, very fast development between them. I'm all for having another casual relationship with no strings attached with him, but there are still obstacles in their way that are kind of a big deal for Lena who has some dignity left (no Robert). I think sex with Mike in this update should have had *some* conditions and limitations other than high Lust stat. Or it should've cost Lena a Will point. Compare it to Chapter 4, where Lena can invite Ian to end the night in her place only if her Lust is high AND Ian decided to make out with her. If Ian doesn't give her enough signals, then she's not bold enough to follow through with her desire. In this update, suddenly nothing holds her back with Mike: not the fact that he has a girlfriend and not Louise's state of misery which I'm not really comfortable with.

TL;DR: Yes to Mike, but in order for not slutty Lena to have a shot with him, there has to be some inner turmoil where she confronts all the pros and cons, and a bit of drama, not just for the sake of it, but to make their relationship work better and better showcase Lena's character change, to the point where she stops caring about whether or not she's causing problems to this guy's relationship or not. Hell, in comparison, even Ivy has standards, she didn't want to continue dealing with Jeremy once she discovered that he seriously dated another girl. What kind of power made Lena even sluttier than Ivy so fast?

lcvargas

Dec 30, 2019
Okay, I think I get ya. In my route Lena has a really bad relationship with Louise, so I think that in this case it is justified for her to go and fuck Mike even when not on the Robert route. I mean, in my headcanon Lena IS already really "slutty", she just doesn't want to have sex with Robert 'cause he is creepy and she really doesn't care about Louise that much, so I think that in this particular scenario just having the high Lust requirement is enough.
We kinda have the same route. Lena and Louise, in my game, are not in good terms. So, I don't feel bad about it.

Also, Mike is my Lena's first guy since from the start, and I'm waiting for Seymour and Mr. van Dyke scenes, but I kinda like the dude so I had Lena take him home. :ROFLMAO:

Hasshasshin

Nov 5, 2017
I didn't feel weird for lena to ask mike to stay for the night. It's suits well of her personality actually, caring and loving, she acted like a total slut but still she likes the cuddling and tenderness that comes after sex. For the first time a guy denied that to her because she was not the only girl in his life. I bet she gots kinda hurt in her ego.

Reactions: zOrg5 and KDXvd

goodgirl32

Jan 15, 2019
Who would make a second anal though in addition to Ian?
Maybe Perry will help Ian with this? Or, for example, the guys that Emma mentioned in a conversation with Ian about her personal life ...

In the meantime, you can just watch some Abella Danger DAP scenes.
Actually, these videos save me between long waiting for updates)
But thanks for the advice (no sarcasm)

scor099

Aug 6, 2018
I think one of the requirements for Mike's scene should've been having a bad relationship with Louise, it just doesn't make sense for a Lena who's having a good relationship with Louise to just ditch her friend in that condition for a one night stand with a guy she just met let alone making the guy cheat on his girlfriend after going through a hard time after what her ex boyfriend did to her, even if her lust is high it just doesn't make sense.

I'm not against Mike I actually like his character finally we got a decent guy in Lena's life other than Ian but I feel like Eva was rushed because she wanna start her well deserved vacation, I hope she can change it in the final version if that's even possible.

Princess Groundhog

Nov 5, 2018
I'm elated at all the super positive reactions my comment about Jeremy's cock on Ian's phone has been getting. I made it half-jokingly, but I actually do hope Eva offers a bi-curious Ian route for those who want it. She's the queen of choice, so why not this. Women and queer folks play her games, and having something different like this would only enrich the game I think. And make it stand out from the rest.

It could be done very organically, too. On the route where Jeremy's banging Alison and texting Ian all these photos and videos where his cock is shown prominently, maybe there's a scene where Ian's about to go to bed in his room and one of the choices is to check those out again. And then you have a choice to focus on Alison or Jeremy's cock... Then there could be a situation which leads to a threesome with Ian, Jeremy, and Alison, where she might be giving Jeremy a blowjob and then kissing Ian right after, and if Ian accepts the kiss, they could blow Jeremy together to finish the job.

Just thinking out loud here... :giggle:

GJ0497

Mar 2, 2018
I have a problem with the game, when I open it it does not last 5 seconds and it closes. Does anyone not know what I can do to make it run correctly? This only happens to me with this game, so I don't know what to do.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Okay, I think I get ya. In my route Lena has a really bad relationship with Louise, so I think that in this case it is justified for her to go and fuck Mike even when not on the Robert route. I mean, in my headcanon Lena IS already really "slutty", she just doesn't want to have sex with Robert 'cause he is creepy and she really doesn't care about Louise that much, so I think that in this particular scenario just having the high Lust requirement is enough.
Sure. The only other condition I would add is not having had the date with Ian in Chapter 4 (end his route). If she goes to date with Ian, she feels guilty concern for Holly's feelings about Ian, even though it's just a crush and not a serious relationship, but still, it makes her act a bit reserved. It kind of doesn't go well with her later bitchy "give 0 fucks about your girl" attitude with Mike. These are completely opposite emotions and types of behavior. I wonder if Lena is bipolar... That would explain many things...

anomkarsa

Jan 8, 2020
While I enjoy GGGB for what it is, its story was mediocre, the characters shallow (except for Jess), and the realism went out the window after a few updates. You can't really use it as an example for good story or character writing. Eva Kiss herself is well aware of that, that's why she really wanted to improve her writing with this game, craft a more serious narrative, with believable and relatable characters, and with a focus on realism (at least as much as it's possible in this type of game). And so far, she did a spectacular job with it, it's obvious to everyone who played it and compared it to GGGB. But I guess she didn't have time to properly flesh out the Mike storyline, and had to rush it, because apparently there were a lot of complaints about the lack of male characters for Lena and the frequent use of condoms. So yeah, what happens with Mike, is very similar in style of the less realistic GGGB, and I guess that's what bothered some of us.

I don't particularly have problems with "what" happened with Mike, but rather with the lack of justification for any of that taking place, and with the way Lena acts and talks in his presence. There's no "why" for any of that, there's a catalyst for this change missing. On the meta-level, it's very clear why things can happen that way, but not when you try to analyze the events from Lena's POV based on her previous behavior (being very considerate pf Holly's feelings about Ian and having that emotional rollercoaster with Axel just 1 update ago, regardless of her Lust level). Unlike Ashley, Lena isn't a blank slate where the player can mold her into whatever he pleases. And this newly exhibited behavior doesn't fit her previously established personality, at least not at this point in life, not in these circumstances and definitely not this soon.

Fair points, i wasn't pointing it out for it's good story though, just pointing out that there was history for this sort of writing looking back at Eva's last game.

Interesting that you pointed out that all the characters were shallow bar Jess though, as one of my complaints with GGGB is that for me the Jess storyline wasn't delved into enough and felt somewhat rushed compared to other relationships in the game. It felt like the game rushed through a friendship with her and then you have sex with her 3? times with brief conversations about feeling more and more comfortable with one another, tell her you're not getting back with your boyfriend and then she professes her love for Ashley and then after a couple more hook ups she asks to move in with Ash.

The few conversations Ash has with Jess where she breaks down Jess' walls and gets her to open up and trust someone for the first time in a long time is lovely i just wish it was all fleshed out a bit more. I feel like the Eva/Jack/Dave relationships all received a lot more attention, which is a shame because i'd say Jess is one of my favourite characters in the game. So i agree with you about the writing in GGGB and the progression Eva has shown.

Anyway, i agree with your point that Lena isn't a blank slate compared to Ash as there are certain things that you can't change about Lena right from the start. Like the forced modelling that people complained about when the game first came out. I just think that Eva's having to walk a fine line because whatever she does, some people will complain about it. Like people complaining about the constant condom use etc as you mentioned. I also agree that the "why" of the Mike scene is a little rushed especially when there is wrong dialogue mixed in that path about Lena not feeling things with Ian despite the dates and sex, maybe Eva was just feeling pressured to get a scene in like you said.

I just personally like the fact that the options are there, whether or not people agree with them or find them unrealistic, at least the option exists in the first place and we're not being railroaded into a kinetic novel. There's a lot of things you can pick apart in this game and others if you think about it hard enough, i'm just enjoying playing a game where you're not just a walking penis dropping loads all over town and in a lot of cases, in your own household with your "step" family.

Idontknowme

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2016
I feel like I am already going to beat a dead horse but I need to air my thoughts regarding the discussion on the last few pages somewhere and this is the best place to do so.

Getting his number and parting ways makes the most sense in that situation. The only route in which going through with her seduction of Mike would be consistent is if:
a) Her relationship with Louise is poor;
b) Her interest in Ian was low and she decided to friendzone him;
c) She was fucking Robert all this time and he awakened her inner slut.
I think the text does not make the passage of time adequately clear but Lena helps Louise undress, tucks her in and gives her water before returning to Mike. She also has the presence of mind to leave Mike out of Louise's bedroom so as not to encroach on her privacy. I think she can be a good friend to Louise and still fuck Mike, to be honest.

Ian and Lena, despite anything they may have done, are not exclusive. It would not make sense for Lena to stop pursuing other guys after two dates (and one night) with Ian. Lena's behavior with Mike makes sense but it has not been justified in the text. We have no precedent for how Lena pursues guys when single. Maybe this is her MO at clubs. All we really know about her is that she is no prude.

I can come up with multiple different justifications, too, but IIRC, the game didn't provide any explanation for Lena's reasoning for making that choice other than "Mike is hot".
'Mike is hot' is actually quite an ironclad defence if you ignore the fact that he has a gf. None of the guys we have the option to set Lena up with elicit this response from her. She can grow to tolerate Robert. She can feel she has 'something' with Ian but not quite sure what that is. Robert is also trying too hard to get noticed by Lena. She wants attention from guys she finds attractive not a try-hard. At one point, Mike even says "You're not bad yourself". Although the inflection is not obvious I think he is not a stranger to having girls as pretty as Lena flirt with him. Lena wants more of these types of guys telling her they desire her.

I absolutely agree that the reasoning behind why she would pursue Mike once she knows he has a gf is inadequate (and I guess I was one of the first to point it out) but why she would be more malleable to bringing Mike home than, say Robert, is crystal clear. A

While she also reminiscences about Axel during sex comparing Mike to him. So I don’t think is an out-of-the-blue rationalization to think Lena is, at least in part, motivated by this.
I take that as more of EvaKiss' style during sex-scenes than as anything concrete. She even reminisces about Ian and Robert. What needs to be explicitly stated is her need to feel desired by someone as attractive (read:a beefcake) as Mike. I think I was one of the first to pitch 'other woman' hypothesis for her behavior. But that is not explicitly stated. And given her history, why she would choose to inflict on another woman what she has been through without that justification is not understandable.

Compare to her behavior with Robert for example. Sure, he can make her feel hot, but she's rather dismissive of Robert most of the time, rushing him out of her house, often not giving him what he wants or simply using him as a boy-toy. With Mike, it feels like she's somewhat star-struck by him, like it's important for her self-esteem to have him submit to her charms at any opportunity for no particular reason
That's the point. She is star-struck by Mike. He is a self-confessed nerd in a body to die for. While with Robert her attraction has no basis.

I think sex with Mike in this update should have had *some* conditions and limitations other than high Lust stat. Or it should've cost Lena a Will point.
I quite agree on this point. I can get behind Lena needing to feel sexy by having a guy cheat on his gf with her but it should cost her will. She is morally quite uptight and it would not feel right to her unless she felt that she was righting a wrong that the universe did to her. She clearly bears no ill will to the girl Axel cheated with. Similarly she should not care who Mike's gf is but just give in to the feeling of wanting to be desired.

Sorry for the multiple quotes BloodyMares! Please don't hate me!

aifgamer

Apr 11, 2018
She is morally quite uptight
I agree with most of your post, so I'm sorry to pick on this one point, but it really stood out to me.

Things Lena can do in this game:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The character is definitely not portrayed as morally uptight! Being drunk and horny and having protected/unprotected sex with a guy she meets at a club is WELL within the boundaries of the character's established morality. Some of the commentary on this scene has me scratching my head.

4.60 star(s) 313 Votes