Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
Anyway creating an account to advertise a game in another game's thread sounds an adbot to me.
I remember when fenoxo's forum got spammed by korean/chinese/whatever games.

JimMorrison19

Dec 14, 2017
Why? We haven't seen the actual game, just the introduction. So much hate for the male protagonist or what?
I was a patron, so I have played the initial release. The best thing the game has going for it at this stage is that there is a good amount of content packed into the first release. What I don't like: 1.) The title. It's stupid. 2.) The dialogue tends to be depressing rather than fun. 3.) You start with the male protagonist playing through a set of situations. Then the game switches you to a female protagonist that was met by the male protagonist, and you redo that whole time frame from her perspective. Some may like that, but I don't. 4.) I didn't like the looks of any of the female characters so far. 5. The friends of both protagonists are assholes. Etc. You get the idea. I didn't like anything, but there is a lot of it.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I was a patron, so I have played the initial release. The best thing the game has going for it at this stage is that there is a good amount of content packed into the first release. What I don't like: 1.) The title. It's stupid. 2.) The dialogue tends to be depressing rather than fun. 3.) You start with the male protagonist playing through a set of situations. Then the game switches you to a female protagonist that was met by the male protagonist, and you redo that whole time frame from her perspective. Some may like that, but I don't. 4.) I didn't like the looks of any of the female characters so far. 5. The friends of both protagonists are assholes. Etc. You get the idea. I didn't like anything, but there is a lot of it.
1) GGGB didn't have an original name either
2) And GGGB didn't have that? Ashley was mopey the first half of the game about Eric being gone, about Mom and Dad divorcing, about her scholarship... It adds some weight to the characters, it's hard to be happy all the time when you have a shitty life.
3) Fair
4) Understandable
5) Do you mean exclusively male friends? I thought Jeremy was fine. Holly is a sweetie, Alison is supportive, Emma is kinda neutral but is quite alright. Same for Lena's friends. None of them are bitchy or hostile.

Still, I think you rushed with your decision. If we're being honest, GGGB was slow as fuck at the beginning and wasn't that compelling either until you spent some time with the characters and got to know them. The same is going to be here. At the very end of the update, Perry didn't seem as bad. I think supportive characters need some time to be properly developed.

Reactions: M! and Brickman
Jan 9, 2018
Loved the preview. The art specially looks amazing, a lot more polished and detailed than in GGGB. And that's no jab to GGGB's art which was, and still is very good on its own.

Both routes were great but I gotta say I enjoyed the Ian POV more, which i guess puts me into minority here lol. The multiple protagonist decision I think was a good call, since now people who aren't into femprotagonist games can also enjoy Evakisses greatness.
I wonder if at some point you are given choice to pick one protagonist from the start or is it mandatory to play them both at the same time?

Ashley young

Dec 4, 2017
Why is everyone having a hate boner for my man Ian here? Is it because he's an average, common dude and not some Greek-God/Chad with a magnum dick? And holy fuck, why do so many people here want Ian to be cucked? What did he do?

I feel like many people want a game about the female MC slowly going full slut having cocaine-fueled bbc gangbangs and cucking normal guys. But we already have played that game in GGGB2. Let's see what the dev decides with the characters in the future.

Quintillian

Apr 15, 2019
Loved the preview. The art specially looks amazing, a lot more polished and detailed than in GGGB. And that's no jab to GGGB's art which was, and still is very good on its own.

Both routes were great but I gotta say I enjoyed the Ian POV more, which i guess puts me into minority here lol. The multiple protagonist decision I think was a good call, since now people who aren't into femprotagonist games can also enjoy Evakisses greatness.
I wonder if at some point you are given choice to pick one protagonist from the start or is it mandatory to play them both at the same time?

Minority maybe, but not alone. It happened to me too. I found myself enjoying Ian’s POV more than Lena’s, and that’s coming from someone who generally likes to play the female protagonist when given the chance.

I understand EvaKiss’s wanting to keep both protagonists to reach a bigger audience, but I can’t help feeling the character that goes second it’s gonna end up feeling as secondary in the best case, and a chore in the worst. Doing a POV switch once can be interesting, but doing it on EVERY. SINGLE. CHAPTER for roughly the same storyline? Mmm, that sounds very hard to pull off in a satisfactory way, and I can see that getting very boring, very fast.

Anyway, having all that being said, we’ll see how the game develops when Chapter 2 comes out.

James009

The Gravewalker
Jun 4, 2018
She's probably lurking in the shadows. There was definitely an easter egg of this site in GGGB so she's aware of it, but she probably doesn't have an account here. She hasn't made herself known here. Unless...she could be any of us...undercover...
you answered in a spooky way :LOL:, i liked it.

She is undercover. AAAh behind your back....

Quintillian

Apr 15, 2019
Why is everyone having a hate boner for my man Ian here? Is it because he's an average, common dude and not some Greek-God/Chad with a magnum dick? And holy fuck, why do so many people here want Ian to be cucked? What did he do?

I feel like many people want a game about the female MC slowly going full slut having cocaine-fueled bbc gangbangs and cucking normal guys. But we already have played that game in GGGB2. Let's see what the dev decides with the characters in the future.

Apparently his crime so far is not being Axel. But, but, BUTT. Don't worry guys, I got you and your insecurities covered.

With you, the one and only, Axelian.

Axelian.png

• Haha
Reactions: Brickman
Jan 9, 2018
Minority maybe, but not alone. It happened to me too. I found myself enjoying Ian’s POV more than Lena’s, and that’s coming from someone who generally likes to play the female protagonist when given the chance.

I understand EvaKiss’s wanting to keep both protagonists to reach a bigger audience, but I can’t help feeling the character that goes second it’s gonna end up feeling as secondary in the best case, and a chore in the worst. Doing a POV switch once can be interesting, but doing it on EVERY. SINGLE. CHAPTER for roughly the same storyline? Mmm, that sounds very hard to pull off in a satisfactory way, and I can see that getting very boring, very fast.

Anyway, having all that being said, we’ll see how the game develops when Chapter 2 comes out.
Good point there about Lena coming in second, didn't even cross my mind that could be the reason for her feeling lesser. I also agree that the POV switch every chapter could start feeling very jarring after a while. That's the reason I'm hoping there will be a choice to choose which characer you want to play going forward.

Reactions: BloodyMares

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Same. This flashback style perspective switch is not the best use for the second character and I hope Eva realizes that. My guess is that she decided to go this way for 0.1 because she was confident in Lena and wanted to sell Ian as a playable character first. I just can't picture this switching method working for the next chapter, especially considering the ending of Ch. 1. There's gotta be some interesting interaction between Ian and Lena, they didn't expect to see each other in this scenario. It will feel very off if we're going to control only one of them during that scene in the beginning. Lena obviously can't act like NPC this time, this is very personal to her. And for Ian, it can't be that simple to process either. We need to see each perspective at the same time. Otherwise, the scene is not going to land. If we're going to control Lena and choose what to say to Ian and he'll react a certain way, the payoff is going to be underwhelming once we get to his part. With crisis averted, the suspense will be gone and his perspective won't be mandatory.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
May be in some releases EvaKiss will change the order in wich the MC are played?
Can be a narrative resource, depending of the conten of the update.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
May be in some releases EvaKiss will change the order in wich the MC are played?
Can be a narrative resource, depending of the conten of the update.
The order won't matter if it's going to feature one perspective first and the second later. She needs to merge them, mix them so we switch between them during the game after each scene, not after being done through the update with MC #1 and then having to replay the same week as MC #2. The flow is going to be way off unless she makes this game as a series of multiple episodes instead of one continuous story like GGGB. Can you imagine binging several updates at once, playing through the week as one of them, then switching to another to play through the same week, then move the story forward and play as one of them again for another week, then going back again for another perspective? It's going to be such a clusterfuck and the pacing will be ruined.

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
I loved Good Girl Gone Bad. I can't stand this. I tried playing it and did not like it at all, so I quit supporting the developer on Patreon. This has happened to me with several other favorite games. The second effort by the developer loses me. I'm sure some will disagree with me, but I'm throwing my opinion out there as a warning for those who may feel the same as I do about it.
It’s such a shame these developers don’t make the games just for you...

for something as personal as sexual kinks it’s going to be quite common for games to be a literal turn off, even if the previous one was perfect for you.

just small changes can make a massive difference.

Reactions: gmn and Brickman

Dysphorika

May 5, 2019
1) GGGB didn't have an original name either
2) And GGGB didn't have that? Ashley was mopey the first half of the game about Eric being gone, about Mom and Dad divorcing, about her scholarship... It adds some weight to the characters, it's hard to be happy all the time when you have a shitty life.
3) Fair
4) Understandable
5) Do you mean exclusively male friends? I thought Jeremy was fine. Holly is a sweetie, Alison is supportive, Emma is kinda neutral but is quite alright. Same for Lena's friends. None of them are bitchy or hostile.

Still, I think you rushed with your decision. If we're being honest, GGGB was slow as fuck at the beginning and wasn't that compelling either until you spent some time with the characters and got to know them. The same is going to be here. At the very end of the update, Perry didn't seem as bad. I think supportive characters need some time to be properly developed.
To be honest here, I enjoyed more GGGB at the beginning, even being slow as a snail, had some simil of life but when I quit playing was sex, sex, sex anywhere, choices were only to pick who to fuck in that scene...

4.60 star(s) 312 Votes