Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

About the surgery (and Q&A)

Hi! Just a quick update; plaster came off but my arm is still pretty messed up after the surgery. It'll take a while.

Thanks a lot for all the great questions you guys sent my way in the Q&A! I'm really eager to answer them but I'll do it bit by bit, since writing is still painful and I really want to elaborate on my answers! If you want to ask any new questions feel free to do it , and I'll be getting back to you in the following days :)

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Meaning that Robert going "meh, whatever" on the first date without protection felt somewhat "unreal". I mean, look, I know for a fact that when the issue of a condom is brought up and one isn't available, that a guy isn't going to just go "okay, well, I guess I can get some sleep". No, he is going to at least TRY to do something even if it is with the promise of pulling out, or stopping short to orgasm.
Nothing unreal about it. Not all guys are pushy machomen, or supposed to be. Men have a wide range of different personalities. Some are assertive and pushy, others are respectful; some are careful, others are careless; some are even submissive (not to confuse with wimps). I'd say, Robert is not really pushy, he's just a sly and manipulative wimp. He is afraid to actually push, he likes to present the idea and try his best to sweet-talk his way, and then when he doesn't get what he wants, he acts all butthurt, grumpy, and passive-aggressive, saying things like "I was hoping for more" or "I didn't expect you to be like that". He's acting like a little kid that whines when doesn't get his favorite toy, hoping that mommy will change her mind to make him happy. But he's aware that he doesn't really have any power to demand and push for something because he doesn't want to be grounded or have his bottom smacked. Lena is clearly the domme in their relationship, even if she gets a thrill from getting her face fucked in her working place.

popple

Jul 18, 2018
That's the problem all games with too many variables have. Depending on the choices you make, Ashley isn't exactly a lovable character either. A game which only resolves around choosing the next kink doesn't leave much space for character developmet or specific moods. You can just string along and enjoy the show when the show is you.
That's why the story is important. And the story of ORS at this time is... boring. We need more content, and not more options. It's a choice made by the author.

KhanJr

Sep 15, 2017
Uhm, I don't see the tag so..still no Ian+Lena and cheating from her? :(
They can get together at the very end of the latest version. Ian and Lena aren't officially in a relationship before that, and she's broken up with her old boyfriend, so the various sexual escapades you can get her into probably don't count as cheating.

Reactions: Amon-Noatak

HeyJRey

Apr 21, 2019
i dont understand, why iam getting wierd error when i press Agenda button. An Exception has occured
While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 173, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 256, in execute
File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 256, in execute
File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 258, in execute
File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 263, in execute
File "game/custom_screens.rpy", line 287, in execute
NameError: name 'ian_mayor_agenda' is not defined
Has anyone figured this out yet? happening to me and deleting the data in my appdata folder didn't change anything

herrzimm1

Jun 11, 2020
I'd say, Robert is not really pushy, he's just a sly and manipulative wimp. He is afraid to actually push, he likes to present the idea and try his best to sweet-talk his way, and then when he doesn't get what he wants, he acts all butthurt, grumpy, and passive-aggressive, saying things like "I was hoping for more" or "I didn't expect you to be like that". He's acting like a little kid that whines when doesn't get his favorite toy, hoping that mommy will change her mind to make him happy.
That is an odd view to consider about Robert. Especially as he basically holds your JOB over your head if you try to brush him off. Yes, I completely agree that he is 100% manipulative. But that factor alone should at least imply that he is going to either 1) push the limits or 2) attempt to guilt-trip you if you refuse, or 3) make it seems as if YOU are the one that is 'closed-minded' to other options.

Look, I completely 100% agree with him being manipulative. But I have known a lot of manipulative people (Both male and female) who would be presented the possibility of getting what they wanted and being told that limits or restrictions are going to be imposed on them, only to see those people become the most annoying and demanding pieces of human trash in order to remove those restrictions or limits. Robert waiting until the NEXT DAY just for a BJ? Sorry, but that is absolutely insane. Wimp or not (and yes, there is a bit of wimpy nature to him) would be completely over powered by his very own manipulative nature. Especially when you consider that this very same 'wimp" is making a big deal over giving him a BJ while AT WORK of all places.

Not saying that Robert is the type that will put one on, then suddenly decide "oh, the hell with it" and take it off during the moment. THAT type of jerk is just flat-out intolerant, and even while playing a game I would stop associating with that character because I know that it will only led to problems later on. But he IS enough of a jerk to make a big deal about having to put one on to begin with. Only to back down when it is "no glove, no love" as the only option. But instead of hanging around for the next morning to do anything, he would LEAVE in an attempt to make you feel bad for denying him to begin with.

As far as Ian? I think we both can agree that as a player you should have the "option" of being pushy about it? At least I hope so. That way you can play both the 'dom' or the 'sub' as you see fit. But Robert? Robert clearly should have been written more down the lines of "pushing the limits" right from the start. At least THEN it would make sense that turning him down results in job being impacted, being approached for BJ at work, and even in his conversations coming across more as a "f**k-buddy" than a serious relationship.

Reactions: Idontknowme

herrzimm1

Jun 11, 2020
Uhm, I don't see the tag so..still no Ian+Lena and cheating from her? :(
That is a good question, but one that will have to wait for a long time in order to answer. From what I have gotten so far, they aren't in a relationship YET. They may be getting close to each other (depending on how you play), but nothing 'official" in regards to being a confirmed couple. And I do believe that the overall theme of the game is HOW they became a couple, despite all the other options of temptation they faced to get to that point. For example, Robert being involved, how Ian is dealing with Wade's girl as she looks to be a model... etc,etc.

Even though we are at chapter 5? Well, I can already see the game either being a "dedicated" story of coming together (by ignoring other characters) or a mass group of "friends with benefits" being narrowed down through betrayal, cheating, double-dipping (meaning dating two people at once more than DP's) all of which narrow the options of the only two left together being Ian and Lena simply because everyone else has been a jerk or back-stabbed them along the way for one reason or another. James for example can easily destroy a lot of potential story elements simply by being with someone at the wrong time, or in the wrong place. Don't really see him as the type of character to "keep it in his pants" when he KNOWS that he should. Percy (Perry?) the chunky roommate can easily become bitter and start to trash-talk someone. Lena's ex can easily become a problem for characters like Wade's girlfriend (Can't recall her name for some reason) as well as openly sabotage Robert while ignoring Ian's relationship with Lena.

Sorry for being long-winded. But at the moment? No, Ian-Lena 'cheating" isn't really an issue as there is clearly a lot more to take into account first.

mhoyko

Jan 23, 2020
I love this game!!... The most important thing about this game is that it is entertaining... I like the story. Personally I prefer to play with LENA but IAN is not bad... Could it get to Steam once finished?

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
I love this game!!... The most important thing about this game is that it is entertaining... I like the story. Personally I prefer to play with LENA but IAN is not bad... Could it get to Steam once finished?
I hope it doesn't get to Steam with its ridiculously slow dl speeds and the constant errors.

Mar 7, 2020
Why would you want to have this game distributed via well-known spyware?

slightchance

Mar 25, 2018
That's why the story is important. And the story of ORS at this time is... boring. We need more content, and not more options. It's a choice made by the author.
I would argue that there isn't much of a story to begin with and I don't think that will change any time soon. Both Lena & Ian are looking for new career paths. That's basically the whole content of the prologue which isn't much different from GGGB.

To have characters you can identify with, or at least root for, you'll need less superficial conflicts. Ian, for example, can either face his boss, ignore her or try to bypass the chain of command. That creates 3 different character traits/solutions to a problem which makes it harder to write a story that fits his persona.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
That is an odd view to consider about Robert. Especially as he basically holds your JOB over your head if you try to brush him off. Yes, I completely agree that he is 100% manipulative. But that factor alone should at least imply that he is going to either 1) push the limits or 2) attempt to guilt-trip you if you refuse, or 3) make it seems as if YOU are the one that is 'closed-minded' to other options.
First of all, I'd like to thank you for the well-put reply. I'm going to argue against that, but I enjoyed reading it. This discussion is gonna be interesting.
I don't necessarily agree that he holds Lena's job over her head. While it's easy to conclude it based on the outcome, it's not what happened. You see, there's one crucial detail to keep in mind about Robert. He has a white knight complex. While being manipulative, he tries to present himself as or actually believes to be a nice guy. He tries to do a "noble" thing first, expecting a reward. If you remember their date in either Chapter 2 or 3, he doesn't resort to blackmail to get a chance with Lena. Instead, he tries his best to make himself look like her white knight, saying that he'd do his best to talk to the upper management, and, while expecting Lena to be grateful, he acts innocent and says that he feels the chemistry between them. If he actually held her job over her head if she didn't have sex with him, that would be straight-up harassment/blackmail and he could easily get in serious trouble for that. So, being the sore loser that he is, Robert just feels butthurt and gets Lena fired, without any prior warning, but she connects the dots.

Before pushing the limits, Robert tries to test the waters first before doing anything. He's not a complete moron and takes baby steps. He isn't bold enough to demand anything from Lena during his first date, except for the date itself. Only after having sex with her for the first time, he gets ballsy enough to suggest public bj or ask to send him nudes. Note that he sends his nude selfie first. It's a pattern with him. He does a "favor" first (even if Lena doesn't ask for it), and only then asks for a return.
Look, I completely 100% agree with him being manipulative. But I have known a lot of manipulative people (Both male and female) who would be presented the possibility of getting what they wanted and being told that limits or restrictions are going to be imposed on them, only to see those people become the most annoying and demanding pieces of human trash in order to remove those restrictions or limits. Robert waiting until the NEXT DAY just for a BJ? Sorry, but that is absolutely insane. Wimp or not (and yes, there is a bit of wimpy nature to him) would be completely over powered by his very own manipulative nature. Especially when you consider that this very same 'wimp" is making a big deal over giving him a BJ while AT WORK of all places.
Not if it compromises his chances with her. You see, he plays the long game and doesn't want to end it in just a one-night stand, and definitely doesn't want to give Lena any chance to blame him for anything if it goes wrong (white knight complex at play). He acts like an annoying brat if Lena tells him he's just an occasional fling and not her boyfriend and tries to guilt-trip the hell out of her. But if Lena suspects that he's an egotistical asshole, it's over for him, and he's perfectly aware of that. So he can swallow his pride and tolerate some misfortunes if it prolongs his chances with Lena. Most guys who have been in the friend zone for a long time can relate to that behavior.
But he IS enough of a jerk to make a big deal about having to put one on to begin with. Only to back down when it is "no glove, no love" as the only option. But instead of hanging around for the next morning to do anything, he would LEAVE in an attempt to make you feel bad for denying him to begin with.
Robert wouldn't do that because it would shatter his good-guy image. Despite being manipulative, he's not actually confident enough to resort to that strategy, because he doesn't believe in its success. Robert thinks that Lena is above his league, and even though he tries to act cocky and confident, he isn't. For all he knows, Lena would simply ditch him and move on if he leaves. So, Robert would leave only if it was obvious to him he ruined all his chances with her, like when she rejects him in Chapter 3 for expecting sex so soon, which makes him flip out and lose the good-guy act. If he's lucky enough to end up in bed with Lena, he sure as hell wouldn't be stupid enough to risk everything and demand raw sex. Especially not during their first time.

As far as Ian? I think we both can agree that as a player you should have the "option" of being pushy about it? At least I hope so. That way you can play both the 'dom' or the 'sub' as you see fit. But Robert? Robert clearly should have been written more down the lines of "pushing the limits" right from the start. At least THEN it would make sense that turning him down results in job being impacted, being approached for BJ at work, and even in his conversations coming across more as a "f**k-buddy" than a serious relationship.
No, I'd have to disagree about Ian for now. From what this game has shown us thus far, we can't change Ian's personality too much and turn him into anything we desire. He's a playable character but he's not the player character, meaning that he's not an avatar for us to self-insert into or modify his personality to our liking. We can guide him to make different choices, and those choices might impact his personality a bit, to make him more relaxed and outgoing "chad" or a timid edgelord like Perry but as of now, I don't see him becoming an asshole and disrespect the women he's with. Because that's simply not Ian. He can dirty-talk, he can try to make things exciting for his partner (public fingering with Alison), and he can act out of selfishness (encouraging Cindy to undress for him during photoshoot or hooking up with Emma despite Perry's interest in her) but when it comes to being a lover, he's very attentive and considerate. Even his selfish motivations so far benefit his relationship with the girls he's trying to pursue. And during sex, he's absolutely selfless. He's a pleaser and a giver. With Alison, he might act a bit more assertive because that's the way she likes it. And if she enjoys him taking charge, I'm sure there will be a moment where he'll enjoy being in charge. But even if he's in charge, his goal is still to please the girl, not make her serve his needs. But as I said, that's what I believe to be the case right now. Eva Kiss might still choose to go a different route and give players more agency to affect Ian's personality in future updates.
And Robert will definitely get his chance to push the limits, but only after Lena has been dating him for some time, for him to relax enough to drop the nice guy act. It's just so far, his desire to be with Lena outweighed his selfish needs for instant gratification. There will be a time when, if he's denied too much, he'll get disappointed and bail, or as you said, try to make Lena feel guilty for being "boring". Or if Lena never disappoints, he'll push for more and more.
Sorry for the long post, I tried to address every point.

Last edited:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
[...]
No, I'd have to disagree about Ian for now. From what this game has shown us thus far, we can't change Ian's personality too much and turn him into anything we desire. He's a playable character but he's not the player character, meaning that he's not an avatar for us to self-insert into or modify his personality to our liking. We can guide him to make different choices, and those choices might impact his personality a bit, to make him more relaxed and outgoing "chad" or a timid edgelord like Perry but as of now, I don't see him becoming an asshole and disrespect the women he's with.
[...]
True.
I wish more people would get this about the type of games Evakiss likes to do. All her characters have a past. We can mold their future choices to change who they will be but not who they were, similar to what happened in Good Girl Gone Bad.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
True.
I wish more people would get this about the type of games Evakiss likes to do. All her characters have a past. We can mold their future choices to change who they will be but not who they were, similar to what happened in Good Girl Gone Bad.
Well, I don't agree about GGGB, as things were a bit different, and that's why I assume many players expect the same level of control in this game. Ashley is a blank slate. She didn't have much backstory to go off from so we don't really know her character, her motivations, her values, etc. She doesn't have baggage. Like a baby/child, she just has a vanilla status quo where we start the game from and she experiences everything for the first time, with the player being able to determine her character. It's as if she didn't have any socialization as a teen. She's open to anything from the start. It's obvious when you look at how different Good/Thug/Bimbo Ashleys are, that there are 0 defining personality traits that Ashley has, and everything that is there is defined by the player.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes