Triepslay

Mar 23, 2020
but i also prefer the kickboxing style so Ian may not be able to beat Jeremy due to Jeremy having a reach advantage.
Honestly only reason I chose jiu-jitsu was height difference between Ian and any other athletic character (Jeremy and Axel) cuz that would suit Ian the most and get him far especially at self defense against same height or taller people since there's a fucking psycho cheater that'll chase you around who's over 6 feet.

DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020
A wannabe fuck boi. For all the bragging he does about how easy it is to score chicks at the nightclub, he’s laughably pathetic when it actually comes to womanising.
I believe Jeremy was supposed to be a friendly fuckboi or womanizer but EK didn't want him to overshadow Ethan so it led to his character being deficient. Jeremy started out already having a girlfriend and him trying to hook up with Ivy, and Ivy was actually interested in him at the beginning. He can also hook up with Allison but in order to give Ethan a 'leg up' over Jeremy especially with him being more jacked and having a larger dick, Allison has to prefer Ethan over him and he became a second choice to her. He can also hook up with Emma but Ian has to be the one to tell Jeremy that it's possible to fuck her. As chapters go by, the plotting led to his character going into a downward spiral. I think this is one of EK's poor planning which resulted in another of Lena's potential male LI sucking ass.

Like I said before, EK initially planned ORS to be a more egalitarian game with likeable LI for each male and female MCs. I think that while EK planned for some themes to come, they planned for those to come later with proper development. It's actually astonishing how the initial chapters developed over time especially when you get a feel for the premise. But, if there's anything we can learn from GGGB, the developer really likes tacky things and that unfortunately sidetracked the initial plan. So many characters had better potential initially like Robert and Jeremy where they may have flaws, they could still be likeable with proper character or plot development. And now we have EK saying that Robert will have less involvement moving forward - and that's because the plot made him so undesirable. I think EK's kinks and fetishes could have had a more meaningful integration into the plot but, along with Patreon polls which has a major influence on the development, they only derailed and weakened the story and characters.

GRRM said that there are two writers: architects and gardeners. Architects plan most things in advance while gardeners let the story grow over time. Given the nature of multiple branching and Patreon polls, EK could have leaned more into being an architect. I really love playing multiple protagonists and wish their next game would be too but I wish there would be better planning to avoid development issues that EK is having like difficulty writing. If EK wants to enhance his gardening style instead, I also suggested the erotic scenes could be made in advance even if there was no proper writing or dialogue for them yet. If done well it has 3 benefits: 1. It could serve as an inspiration for possible plotting and help the story grow naturally 2. It could help EK be more efficient in the development since EK stated to have more difficulty writing as more branching happens and so a lot of their time could be spent more productively making art instead as better ideas come later on (see number one) 3. It could help them see which things work better than others, and the art could always be edited or reused later. How Patreon affects the story can also be improved. They could be less intrusive and relegated more to additional scenes or side plots.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
His actual low points are (...) him not telling Wade,
I'd argue if he actually did tell Wade, then people would be raging on him for being disloyal to his friend Ian and not choosing them over Wade (with the actual reason for hate being the fact his actions affected them negatively) :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: znerun and Gicoo

lucadiadis

May 25, 2018
I believe Jeremy was supposed to be a friendly fuckboi or womanizer but EK didn't want him to overshadow Ethan so it led to his character being deficient. Jeremy started out already having a girlfriend and him trying to hook up with Ivy, and Ivy was actually interested in him at the beginning. He can also hook up with Allison but in order to give Ethan a 'leg up' over Jeremy especially with him being more jacked and having a larger dick, Allison has to prefer Ethan over him and he became a second choice to her. He can also hook up with Emma but Ian has to be the one to tell Jeremy that it's possible to fuck her. As chapters go by, the plotting led to his character going into a downward spiral. I think this is one of EK's poor planning which resulted in another of Lena's potential male LI sucking ass.

Like I said before, EK initially planned ORS to be a more egalitarian game with likeable LI for each male and female MCs. I think that while EK planned for some themes to come, they planned for those to come later with proper development. It's actually astonishing how the initial chapters developed over time especially when you get a feel for the premise. But, if there's anything we can learn from GGGB, the developer really likes tacky things and that unfortunately sidetracked the initial plan. So many characters had better potential initially like Robert and Jeremy where they may have flaws, they could still be likeable with proper character or plot development. And now we have EK saying that Robert will have less involvement moving forward - and that's because the plot made him so undesirable. I think EK's kinks and fetishes could have had a more meaningful integration into the plot but, along with Patreon polls which has a major influence on the development, they only derailed and weakened the story and characters.

GRRM said that there are two writers: architects and gardeners. Architects plan most things in advance while gardeners let the story grow over time. Given the nature of multiple branching and Patreon polls, EK could have leaned more into being an architect. I really love playing multiple protagonists and wish their next game would be too but I wish there would be better planning to avoid development issues that EK is having like difficulty writing. If EK wants to enhance his gardening style instead, I also suggested the erotic scenes could be made in advance even if there was no proper writing or dialogue for them yet. If done well it has 3 benefits: 1. It could serve as an inspiration for possible plotting and help the story grow naturally 2. It could help EK be more efficient in the development since EK stated to have more difficulty writing as more branching happens and so a lot of their time could be spent more productively making art instead as better ideas come later on (see number one) 3. It could help them see which things work better than others, and the art could always be edited or reused later. How Patreon affects the story can also be improved. They could be less intrusive and relegated more to additional scenes or side plots.
I think this is the smartest post I have read on this thread.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
I'd argue if he actually did tell Wade, then people would be raging on him for being disloyal to his friend Ian and not choosing them over Wade (with the actual reason for hate being the fact his actions affected them negatively) :whistle:
As of now, I don't see the purpose of having Jeremy discovering Ian and Cindy. He may be loyal to Ian by some weird definition I don't share, but he is scum to Wade. It may be plausible if he isn't close with Wade, but he got along very well with him when they hung out. If Ians friendship level is low, he doesn't share pics of Louise with him, but says Wade that he will tell him about that later (IIRC), so Wade is on a certain level of thrust.
It can only get a payoff if he finally tells Wade, but there is no implication that he does it. Even Ian ending his relationship with him in chapter 12 doesn't seem to provoke Jeremy. He is just getting out and leaves Ian to stew.

(Ivy discovering it has a payoff in chapter 11, when she tells Lena. Plus she is very liberal about relationships and fucking, so she may not find it outrageous enough, also she has no comparable relationship to Ian, Cindy and Wade.)

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
As of now, I don't see the purpose of having Jeremy discovering Ian and Cindy.
It's possible that he might reveal it eventually if Ian decides to keep the affair ongoing. Or it's just something as simple as EK needed excuse for Ivy to show up in that alley, so having her go there with Jeremy who is established to try and score with her was reasonable.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I believe Jeremy was supposed to be a friendly fuckboi or womanizer but EK didn't want him to overshadow Ethan so it led to his character being deficient.
I mean inst this obvious?
The npcs cant outshine the MCs,Evakiss cant make the self-inserters mad.
Jeremy destiny is to be always behind Ian,it is what it is.

Reactions: axy2 and neutral1

camube

Jun 4, 2022
I wish some of EK's patreons suggested her to release an update every time a full day is complete for Lena and Ian. Yes updates would be much shorter, but more frequent too.
some people don't have time to play alpha and then beta and then final. i think there's an intersection between those who have less time and those who pay regularly. And her subscribers did vote to not split the chapter.

Reactions: SerHawkes

camube

Jun 4, 2022
But, if there's anything we can learn from GGGB, the developer really likes tacky things
this is it! This is the word I've been looking for forever to describe how I feel about GGGB. It's really tacky.
Early ORS was not like that.

To add to your excellent post, I get the sense, as a player and also reading her patreon post that EK probably bit more than she can chew, and that leads to here.

Man, the number of permutation that is possible for all the choices we as a player made is crazy. I kinda feel bad for her tbh. Like it must have been really hard to develop all the possibilities going forward, and more than that, we as a player doesn't get much progress per chapter because ORS is so wide, it takes longer and longer for each development cycle for it to go deep.

EK has the exact same problem DPC has, the game has too wide of a possibility and now the development time spirals out of control.

Zara Scarlet

Apr 3, 2022
This is actually foreshadowing of where Ivy's training of Holly is heading. Instead of raising a bimbo and a direct competition she's instead training an obedient little loli. :whistle::coffee:
What you talking about? Naughty Holly will eventually replace Ivy as the Queen of Blazer. You'll see, big breast implants, lip injections, platinum blonde hair, Marcel's big black cock and making Ian her cuck, and she'll soon be ruling the roost.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
The npcs cant outshine the MCs,Evakiss cant make the self-inserters mad.
There has been enough self-inserters getting mad when Jeremy got Allison even though they didn't pay attention to her

EK has the exact same problem DPC has, the game has too wide of a possibility and now the development time spirals out of control.
DPC has somehow corrected this by having to choose a girlfriend path so the variation stay manageable

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Xupuzulla

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
You're forgetting Cuck Ian. Everyone's in front of him ( except maybe Perry).
You are actually right,i forgot that path.
Still in that path you can completely ignore Jeremy and cockblocking all you want with both MCs.
Jeremy fate is always tied to your choices.

BlandChili

Dec 15, 2020
4.60 star(s) 312 Votes