Creeping Death

dies in loneliness
Donor
Jan 28, 2018

GGGB vs ORS: Themes

GGGB didn’t start with a defined theme. You can play the story of a nice girl who delves deep into the criminal underworld of her city, who learns to exploit her sexuality to get what she wants, who finds love in her best friend, who loses her mind to lust... The game was more of a playground for the player to follow his whims and explore romantic, horny and outlandish scenarios.

In ORS I wanted to keep that overall feeling, but I felt the desire to delve deeper into some of the themes that appeared on GGGB but could only explore superficially. What would you choose: the love of a comforting relationship or the pleasurable temptation of lust? Will you stay true to yourself or deviate into morally questionable attitudes, enticed by the promise of power and pleasure? How will you treat the people who surround you, your friends, your rivals? Is fame and success worth any price? Is it possible to fulfil your dreams and find love in the most unexpected places? And how should one face the wounds of the past? Do they build us up or bring us closer to our undoing?

Simply put, with ORS I want to create a stronger emotional connection between the player and the experience. After all, that’s what I think makes a game fun and enjoyable, and what I like to experience myself as a player. I feel that was already present in GGGB, and I’m trying to polish it and make it shine in this new game.

Do you feel more attached to the ORS cast or do you prefer the older one? What themes did you feel were present in GGGB and which ones do you want to see explored in depth in this new game?

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
I just want Ian to have a scene without the fucking condom...It is already lame that he has the smallest dick among the assembled cast so far (Jeremy and Axel much bigger, and Wade 100% has bigger dick) Ian scenes are the lamest in the game. So vanilla. If could think of most boring scenes it would be Ian sex scenes.

dogedoge

Dec 4, 2018
I just want Ian to have a scene without the fucking condom...It is already lame that he has the smallest dick among the assembled cast so far (Jeremy and Axel much bigger, and Wade 100% has bigger dick) Ian scenes are the lamest in the game. So vanilla. If could think of most boring scenes it would be Ian sex scenes.
Not to mention it's No-Condom November! :(

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: monk_56 and Ceesko

Skylar Reign

Creating Katie's Diary.
Game Developer
Sep 28, 2018
What if Eva does NO NUT NOVEMBER and release chapter 6 and 7 in December? It actually would be hilarious.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
As a protagonist for a multi-branching visual novel, I find Ashley to be a better choice than Ian or Lena. But that's only because a blank slate makes it easier for players to impose their will upon it.

However, in every other possible sense, Ian, Lena and the gang feel far more superior to the ones in GGGB (who are mostly one-note characters who exist purely to direct Ashley into different possible experiences.)

The funniest part about all of this is - GGGB is not bad by itself. In fact, as an erotic game it does its job perfectly well.

It's just that ORS is on a whole other level now, that GGGB has started to feel like a cheaper experience.

Gohan007

Aug 4, 2017
As a protagonist for a multi-branching visual novel, I find Ashley to be a better choice than Ian or Lena. But that's only because a blank slate makes it easier for players to impose their will upon it.

However, in every other possible sense, Ian, Lena and the gang feel far more superior to the ones in GGGB (who are mostly one-note characters who exist purely to direct Ashley into different possible experiences.)

The funniest part about all of this is - GGGB is not bad by itself. In fact, as an erotic game it does its job perfectly well.

It's just that ORS is on a whole other level now, that GGGB has started to feel like a cheaper experience.
Ashley was hardly a blank slate, with her being in a steady relationship at the start.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Ashley was hardly a blank slate, with her being in a steady relationship at the start.
I understand where you're coming from and how others might feel that way too, but I stand by original view.

Despite having her own relationship and family problems, it was a lot easier to make any choice I wanted for Ashley - no matter how good, bad or absurd it was.

But in the case of Ian & Lena, I felt weird about making some choices - like I'm purposely deflecting from their core character.

I'm not saying Ian & Lena are completely independent of the player's decisions, but Ashley was far more susceptible to the player's whims than those two.

---

(Maybe there's a better term for what I said than a "blank slate", but I'm just not that good with semantics.)

Reactions: BloodyMares

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
I think that arisushimake meant to say that Ashley's personality is directed entirely by the player (for the game's purpose), she does not have her own, consistent, character or moral code in order for the player to chose it for them. From the first scene, the player can direct her to be the vanilla goody-two-shoes or an adventurous vixen, instead of slowly opening up to temptations, she can dive headfirst. Whether she has her own backstory, relationship problems or daddy issues is irrelevant because anyone can have those, they do not define a personality. If you remove the player's input from Ashley and try to get to know her as a person, you won't be able to, because she's very boring and incredibly inconsistent with herself.

Ian and Lena, on the other hand, aside from the player's input, have their own, fleshed out, personality that you can't really change all that much. It is made this way because Eva also needs to write their NPC counterparts. There will be several status quos for them, depending on your actions, but you won't be able to change their character all that much.

Reactions: T800 and Arisushi

bauman

Sep 11, 2018
But he already had a scene with Emma with no condom on. It will be funny if it turns out that Ian has the smallest dick in the entire game. We all know Stan is packing in his tighty-whities Walter White pants.

• Haha
Reactions: juicycarmen

patachoucs

Mar 26, 2020
But he already had a scene with Emma with no condom on. It will be funny if it turns out that Ian has the smallest dick in the entire game. We all know Stan is packing in his tighty-whities Walter White pants.
Except he doesn't, since Lena says when she sees it "it's as big as Mike's".
Ian has a very decent size, and I'm glad it's not a monster cock. I find that absolutely ridiculous in most games.

BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
Robert has the smallest cock so far. But it's probably Perry.

Solrane

Nov 16, 2020

I agree, the writing in ORS is superior, but at the same time I miss the blank slight a little bit.

Reactions: Arisushi
4.60 star(s) 319 Votes